• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I'm hopeful it won't get worse . Haven't seen the error again and as I say it's my daily driver. I'd hate to have to send it back for an RMA ... it's a long way from NZ to Canada.

If it does end up requiring RMA be firm with Arizer mailing your replacement as soon as you can provide them shipping info for your unit.

They have done it before, and I don't think it's too much to ask considering the lengthy travel times.

Love my Solo II. I find myself reccomending this device to most people who ask about vapes.

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
We have a lot of McGyvors around.

I like this setup a whole lot:
SoloII&P2.JPG

The bent stem is a broken Solo stem that I sanded and flamed for reuse. I like the longer stem and the feel of a flattened glass stem in my mouth, so I added the extension. By using the tubing I can use any Solo stem instead of a gong. I no longer use the PWT and gong above the Solo. I have had problems with leakage(overfilling?) and had two Solos fail after such episodes, so this eliminates that possibility while still letting me enjoy the pleasures of water vaping.

Poostuff

Please delete
My Solo 2 has been a solid little portable. With the right pack it gives me similar size clouds as the Crafty but with a shorter session.
It’s been very low maintenance, no cleaning needed & with regular use it’s only needed charging once a week.
I’ve found it almost impossible to run flat & even when the battery indicator was showing completely empty I was able to get another 4 sessions on high temperature.
After using it for a while I think the heater seems to have a little more kick than the original.
Only issue I’ve struck is with the seals. I’ve only been using the short black stem & pushing it in & out has deteriorated the rubber a little so I’ll have to keep an eye on that.
I’m trying to insert & remove it when it’s warm but I can’t always.
I probably could avoid this but I prefer using the short black stem, if you don’t want this occurring I’d stick with the original stems.
For me I think it was the best choice of the 3 Arizer have out at the moment & I’m surprised at how much I’ve been using it.

Dr. Soxhlet

Only issue I’ve struck is with the seals. I’ve only been using the short black stem & pushing it in & out has deteriorated the rubber a little so I’ll have to keep an eye on that.

I thought I had a problem with the seal after I used a large diameter stem, But apparently the part is "self healing". Seems tight again. I can even pick up the Solo by the stem again. I am caeful to let the Solo warm up before inserting/removing the stem. I felt I had to use the extra "washer" in both my old Solos, so it is nice to not have to mess around with that anymore.

Dr. Soxhlet

I have both the Solo and Solo II models. There are so many improvements to the Solo II that I know that virtually all the design deficiencies have been addressed. I got to thinking: Is there anything the old model does better than the Solo II?

If you go way back the very first Solos could run directly off of house current with outgoing through the battery of course. Up north, I have used Solo for a handwarmer; but the outside of the Solo II does not get warm enough. Safer if you use it in bed and fall asleep, I actually melted a rayon pillowcase with the Solo once. The Solo works to give a little bit of light. Although the SoloII gives more light, it tends to "flop over" and not stay put if placed on its' side. Can you think of any other advantages of the old Solo vs SoloII?

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I have both the Solo and Solo II models. There are so many improvements to the Solo II that I know that virtually all the design deficiencies have been addressed. I got to thinking: Is there anything the old model does better than the Solo II?

If you go way back the very first Solos could run directly off of house current with outgoing through the battery of course. Up north, I have used Solo for a handwarmer; but the outside of the Solo II does not get warm enough. Safer if you use it in bed and fall asleep, I actually melted a rayon pillowcase with the Solo once. The Solo works to give a little bit of light. Although the SoloII gives more light, it tends to "flop over" and not stay put if placed on its' side. Can you think of any other advantages of the old Solo vs SoloII?

Yes. The Solo OG has been around a lot longer, and @ataxian has been unable to break it. :lol:

BracBrac

HK48 - my own backyard strain. My Solo II is black.

I admit I've had a couple of moments with my Solo II. Twice now it has shown an Error 5 and shutdown when removing a stem while the unit was on. This was a couple of weeks ago and it's worked fine since. It's my daily driver so gets a ton of use.

I don't know if it was the heater moving while I removed the stem that caused the Error 5. My solo stems are tight when cold but once warm slide in and out easily. I remove the stem regularly during a session.

Something to ponder.
Hello, I am new here, but I own a Solo II, and I had the Error 5 on the first one after 3-4 weeks, when inserting a tight stem, and sent it back and Arizer sent me a new one, and then the second one had the Error 5 after about 3 weeks, for no apparent reason, sent it back, now I am on my 3rd Solo II. I LOVE IT when it works! You mentioned that you had the Error 5 and now it is working... how did you get it to go back on? I tried repeatedly to get it to go back on (the first one), but it would not. Anyway, love this group, because I agree: "fuckcombustion"!... I love to vaporize flower!

OF

Hello, I am new here, but I own a Solo II, and I had the Error 5 on

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum and all the fun. Let me be the first to warn you not to let @ataxian near your glass, he breaks stuff.......

Error 5 is a popular topic here. If you enter "Error 5" our primitive (and not easy to use......) search function lists near a hundred times it's been spoken of, latest being yours, now mine will be just above yours and so it goes...... A place to start?

I think the general feeling is it's caused by twisting the cup. Several of us have found 'play', that is the cup can 'shift back and forth' as the result of an apparent slot and key at the top of the cup. Perhaps this fails and the cup rotates full circle (twisting the leads)? Or perhaps metal fatigue sets in like breaking a copper wire by flexing it back and forth? Or something fails connection wise in either the heater or sensor? All we know for sure is the maker says Fault 5 (and at least 7?) indicates an 'off board/interface problem', useful as that is.......

BTW, there's a fun 'peek under the hood' here:
http://blog.puffitup.com/2017/06/solo-2-the-teardown-we-take-vaporizers-apart-so-you-dont-have-to/

Anyway, sorry you're having a string of bad luck, but it must be related to how you're using it since you seem 'alone' in such repeated failures while others sail on and on? My money's on stuff shifting around as the stem is twisted? Some guys even habitually do this twisting thing to scour out the cup and keep it shining. Or they used to.......

Regards to all,

OF

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Hello, I am new here, but I own a Solo II, and I had the Error 5 on the first one after 3-4 weeks, when inserting a tight stem, and sent it back and Arizer sent me a new one, and then the second one had the Error 5 after about 3 weeks, for no apparent reason, sent it back, now I am on my 3rd Solo II. I LOVE IT when it works! You mentioned that you had the Error 5 and now it is working... how did you get it to go back on? I tried repeatedly to get it to go back on (the first one), but it would not. Anyway, love this group, because I agree: "fuckcombustion"!... I love to vaporize flower!
Hey welcome to the forum.

My Error 5 caused it to shutdown. But it started up again no problem. It did it when I removed the stem. Twice but not again.

As I said mine sees a lot of action. It's a good vapor producer. I hope it continues.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@BracBrac welcome to the fun and info on the forum. Sorry about your problems with the Solo 2. WOW having to send your unit back twice. I hope a third time is a charm for you. I agree with what others have said. I think Arizer has made the Solo 2 almost perfect. I’ve had no complaints so far and I’ve had mine since summer. I worry though about the dreaded error message that others have dealt with. I hate to have to send a unit back for warranty.

Last edited:

Philreal187

I just recently aquired the solo 2 from an Instagram give away!

To the clouds vapor store was giving a way a new solo 2 for picking the winner and guessing the score for the super bowl. I took the eagles over the pats at 27 to 24. I wasn't accurate but the closest! I couldn't believe I won such a great vaporizer! Once announced as the winner I quickly sent my info in a dm to claim this awesome prize. Next I had six days of silence... Apparently to the cloud vapor store (ttcvs) needed to accept this message and was unaware I sent it. Once this was sorted out we b.s. back and forth a bit and he turned out to be a really cool guy with some great ideas to set himself apart from other online vape sites. He even tossed in a free 4 piece aerospaced grinder for the delay! Ttcvs actually runs pretty cool renting program on vapes for one or two month to see if its right for your needs. I thought that was a great idea!

Anyways the solo 2 arrived Wednesday and I had a few sessions with it at night. I have decent amount of experience with the og solo from a good friend who had one for a couple of years. The solo 2 was so simple to work and heated up unbelievably fast! I was starting out around 365° and stayed there for most of the session then climb to 410° to finish. This vape works flawlessly and can really rip if you want it too! I haven't used a screen in the stem but have been getting debris towards the end of the session. I was thinking of putting a screen behind the glass screen to make it easier to keep clean and try to maintain that pure flavor with out eating it! I have really not had to stir to get an even roast either, this vape just works and makes it simple! I really like the way they packaged the stems with the silicone on the ends this will be great for carrying in a backpack, which means this beast will be perfect for hiking!

Only thing I wish arizer would have included was the bent stem. I think that would have been my go to for relaxing watching a movies at home. I know I can get one for cheap and might do that, but eventually I really need an @Ed's TnT stem!

Over all I completely love this vape and can see it being getting used a lot! I mainly use the vapman and vapcap, but it's a nice break to just sit back and let the technology do all the work!!

As they "arize" I plan to post pictures of adventures this solo journeys on!

I can't thank ttcvs enough for the badass give away and as always thank you everyone on the tread providing great info!!

:peace:

WeedyGirl1979

I got my Solo II with PIU's Black Friday awesome deal. I've been so enamoured that I haven't come up for air since! I know that lots of people love the Air for its swappable battery, but I'm a fan of less moving parts, and this thing holds a charge like a champ. I love the new customizable settings, the hand feel, the fact that it stands up while it charges... it just makes me so happy. I'm even more of an Arizer fangirl than I was before!

CarolKing

Was surprised yesterday with a power outage from a minor windstorm. Our electricity was out for 6 hours. I was glad I had my Solo 2 charged up. It helped out and I had plenty of battery left when our lights came back on. Be prepared for the unexpected. You never know when 6 hours turns into a couple of days around here.

OF

Was surprised yesterday with a power outage from a minor windstorm. Our electricity was out for 6 hours. I was glad I had my Solo 2 charged up. It helped out and I had plenty of battery left when our lights came back on. Be prepared for the unexpected. You never know when 6 hours turns into a couple of days around here.

Another argument for having a car charge cord handy! That way you can call Uber and have them drive you around as you recharge your Solo.......

OF

CarolKing

I found out yesterday that something was wrong with my car charger (cigarette lighter) I bought a charger for my cell phone and iPad. I was told I had a fuse out. I thought my Solo charger didn’t work and I’m sure it was because of the blown fuse in my car. I need to get it fixed. I have a mini cooper. It looks like the fuse area by where the passenger sits it says from the book and online.

Last edited:

OF

I have a mini cooper. It looks like the fuse area by where the passenger sits it says from the book and online.

Bummer, hopefully it'll be easy to get to. Sometimes the fuse (or other limit) is in or very near the connector since it must pass large currents to run the lighter. Compared to that load, Solo is trivial.

But this brings up a possible need for a back up to the backup...... Maybe some wind powered thing you could hold out the window?

OF

OF

I use one of ED's stems as my go to daily stem....couldn't be happier. And I'm pretty sure I can't break it. Highly recommended.

Great, aren't they? I love my Bogwood one. So cool to have a stem made from a piece of an Oak tree older than Stonhenge or the Great Pyramids in Egypt. That tree was nearly 3000 years old when Christ walked the earth.

Not to mention it's a mighty fine stem design made by a great guy and fellow Member. As to being unbreakable, the jury is still out I think, but it's looking like it might be the case......I mean even @ataxian hasn't been able to break one, I suspect us mortals don't stand a chance there.

Use it with pride!

OF

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
So little love for such a solid performing vape.

I use my Solo II daily. It is my daily driver. It's just so easy to use and the maintenance required is nearly zero.

I see other vapes that look flash with loads of potential but IMO fall short. Not The Solo II.

Arizer and Fender my daily driver's

CarolKing

I agree with you @vaporcloud the Solo 2 is my fave portable. I use mine every day. Such a sturdy device with some very nice features. The lower temps provide very tasty vapor. The higher temps will deliver hard core medicine when needed. It’s my fave in the middle of the night unit when I need to vaporize in bed. It helps me to quickly get back to sleep. This battery is doing very well. I think I still get around 2 hours of use before it needs a charge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom