Arizer Solo II

GtrBob

I like the little water stem came w/ the unit.
Cools it down just enough [I can usually get a sore throat too easy].

Anyone have tips how to add water to the pc. while there's still weed in the end?
Mine will run low before the chamber is done, but topping off w/ H2O gets the load wet.

OF

Anyone have tips how to add water to the pc. while there's still weed in the end?
Mine will run low before the chamber is done, but topping off w/ H2O gets the load wet.

Easily done. Hold it upright, and add a drop or two 'down the hole'. Then gently hit it and repeat. A few drops can collect above the small tube and get 'sucked' into the main chamber when the water rushes back to refill the bottom.

I generally go a few sessions before I need to top up, but I sip at it which I think may be a big factor?

Anyway, get a drip bottle and add it a bit at a time with hits between. Easy.

OF

amash1

Just got my unit today :D It's charging for the first time, i'll left it there for a couple hours before trying it.

https://imgur.com/a/vDcaB

I read here(or maybe reddit) before that some units had a different firmware(newer) and the charging symbol was different, can someone confirm if mine is the latest? Also, is there anything that I should check before using it? What I know so far is to charge it for 4~5hours for the first time and before first use make the burn-off to clean everything.

Thanks and good vapes

Spud211

Long time lurker just dropping in to add my name to the Solo II list - picked one up from Vapefiend on friday. I'm loving this vape - hits like a champ and very efficient..basically everything it's advertised to be:)

My vape history has gone from a Vapir o2, to MFLB, Pax clone, Arizer EQ, to most recently a Boundless CFX. I was looking for something with a better flavour than the CFX, but without the hassle of an EQ..and the solo II seems pretty much perfect.

It hits as smooth as elbow packs with my EQ, but with far less herb and without the setup/cleaning etc. I still hit it like I used to with my CFX by starting the temps at 175, about 10 draws/5 minutes, then up to 180 and rinse/repeat up to 200. Produces perfectly even bowls (not using a screen)

My choice was between the solo II, Ghost MV1 or Firefly 2 and I think I made the right choice, thanks largely to this thread :)

Another happy Arizer customer here...

Last edited:

OF

It was very involved. Unlike the Solo II. Load the stem, heat up and go. So easy.

Good show it's simple with Solo, lots of us are fairly simple to start with and a stem from Solo doesn't help/improve that........

In fact, if it we're so easy to get good results from Solo, enjoying a second stem might not be in the cards for at least some of us?

Besides, I like simple.

OF

OF

Is using eds stems safe?.. I want one but I wanna use wood stems.

No, not at all. Buy one and you're at serious risk to buy another.......

Nothing in life is safe, but I know of nothing to be concerned about from a materials POV. Some folks might have allergy issues with some woods I guess, but the rest is Stainless Steel.

I recommend the Bog Oak, not only is it nearly stone but there's something very neat about something 5400 years old as part of what some consider a work of art. I have an elegant stem, made from a tree that was long dead when Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids of Egypt were so much stone.

FWIW, a while back I bought some meatier fragments from a famous 'field' of many square miles in South America where a big one blew up long ago and showered the countryside with bits of Iron from some lost star. Someday I plan to embed a piece in a stem, I go back and forth about having Ed do it and getting another stem from him for the project. Be a fun stem for reflective times I think.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
No, not at all. Buy one and you're at serious risk to buy another.......

Nothing in life is safe, but I know of nothing to be concerned about from a materials POV. Some folks might have allergy issues with some woods I guess, but the rest is Stainless Steel.

I recommend the Bog Oak, not only is it nearly stone but there's something very neat about something 5400 years old as part of what some consider a work of art. I have an elegant stem, made from a tree that was long dead when Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids of Egypt were so much stone.

FWIW, a while back I bought some meatier fragments from a famous 'field' of many square miles in South America where a big one blew up long ago and showered the countryside with bits of Iron from some lost star. Someday I plan to embed a piece in a stem, I go back and forth about having Ed do it and getting another stem from him for the project. Be a fun stem for reflective times I think.

OF
But the solo 2 is safe with eds stem? No error codes from his stems?

OF

But the solo 2 is safe with eds stem? No error codes from his stems?

I'm not sure I've ever used mine in Solo II (which I got not long ago.....) but no reports of error code problems which would surely be cause of concern. Ed's stems are kind of tight, but that's a seal issue, not something likely to damage the cup/wiring?

I have used mine in Solo I and Air I quite a bit. It's nearly time to pull it apart and clean it again in fact.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I'm not sure I've ever used mine in Solo II (which I got not long ago.....) but no reports of error code problems which would surely be cause of concern. Ed's stems are kind of tight, but that's a seal issue, not something likely to damage the cup/wiring?

I have used mine in Solo I and Air I quite a bit. It's nearly time to pull it apart and clean it again in fact.

OF
Awesome, that's helps reassure me. Thanks man. I love my ed stems and would hate to see them just sit. Maybe I'll pick up the 2 tomorrow, the northern lights edition is still kicking my shins..

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have a couple of wood stems from @Ed’s TnT for my Solo OG. It doesn’t fit my Solo 2 it’s too large around it won’t fit. I didn’t want to force it and cause a problem. If I want wood for my Solo 2 I will need to order another stem from Ed.

Old Toker

My wood stem from @Ed's TnT works great in my Solo II. Snug....but definitely not too tight. Perfect.
It's probably just my imagination....but I really think I get better hits from my wooden stem than any of the glass ones I own. I think it's because of the stainless chamber....but that's just a guess. I'd buy another one.

Tuck

I love my Solo II! My favorite stem is the long stem. I thought I'd like the little bubbler stem but I prefer the GONG stems for vaping through water. I need to order a bent stem.

Carol, on your wood stem, could you sand it down till it fit?

the_kingnothing

Hi fellow capers!
My very new baby Solo 2 came in today after 1 month wait ( I live outside the US)
And unfortunately I read this thread after my first use, everything went fine except that I introduced the glass stem while the unit was cold and heard/felt some glue or plastic tearing or separating (that’s how I can better describe it). After 3 sessions everything seems to work fine, no errors, the oven isn’t loose or anything. Should I be worried? I’m already aware that I shouldn’t turn the stem.
How long do I have to introduce the stem? Until I reach the bottom of the oven or should I stop before?
Thanks and cheers!
Edit: Do I have to heat the unit prior to introducing the stem every time?

OF

Should I be worried? I’m already aware that I shouldn’t turn the stem.
How long do I have to introduce the stem? Until I reach the bottom of the oven or should I stop before?
Thanks and cheers!
Edit: Do I have to heat the unit prior to introducing the stem every time?

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum. Great choice with Solo, as you already know?

No, I would not worry at this point. You'll find as it breaks in the need wait until hit heats gets less and less important. After several dozen loads (maybe even 100?) mine no longer fights me when cold.

What you thought was tearing is probable the lip of the seal dragging over the lip of the stem and 'turning over' some. You can see the seal, it looks normal?

Yes, the stem should go all the way to the bottom of the cup.

OF

the_kingnothing

First off, howdy, welcome to the Forum. Great choice with Solo, as you already know?

No, I would not worry at this point. You'll find as it breaks in the need wait until hit heats gets less and less important. After several dozen loads (maybe even 100?) mine no longer fights me when cold.

What you thought was tearing is probable the lip of the seal dragging over the lip of the stem and 'turning over' some. You can see the seal, it looks normal?

Yes, the stem should go all the way to the bottom of the cup.

OF
Thank you very much for your reply and your kind help! I’m glad to be here and so far feeding my VAS.
Yes I see the seal it looks a little bit separated from metal top but it’s not loose or wiggling and keeps working just fine. Here’S the oven. What do you think? https://imgur.com/gallery/M887B

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I love my Solo II! My favorite stem is the long stem. I thought I'd like the little bubbler stem but I prefer the GONG stems for vaping through water. I need to order a bent stem.

Carol, on your wood stem, could you sand it down till it fit?
The wooden stems from @Ed’s TnT has a metal end in the area where you put your weed. I’m not sure if I can sand the metal down? I didn’t want to force it in my Solo 2. The top where you insert the stem is a slightly different diameter than my Solo OG. I’ve been hearing folks getting the “error message” after twisting their stems. I don’t know if that could happen to me? Maybe I’m being too careful but i would rather be safe than sorry.

Last edited:

OF

M887B

Yes I see the seal it looks a little bit separated from metal top but it’s not loose or wiggling and keeps working just fine. Here’S the oven. What do you think?
M887B

Image didn't make it, there's a post on how to do it elsewhere, but you need to put the image on Imageshack or some other hosting service then put the link for it in your post......

There is no metal in the seal. The metal part at the top is part of the body and separate from the heater inside, they often don't 'line up'. Here's some good photos of one torn down where you can see the seal is a molded rubber cap that snaps on the oven.

http://blog.puffitup.com/2017/06/solo-2-the-teardown-we-take-vaporizers-apart-so-you-dont-have-to/

OF

the_kingnothing

Image didn't make it, there's a post on how to do it elsewhere, but you need to put the image on Imageshack or some other hosting service then put the link for it in your post......

There is no metal in the seal. The metal part at the top is part of the body and separate from the heater inside, they often don't 'line up'. Here's some good photos of one torn down where you can see the seal is a molded rubber cap that snaps on the oven.

http://blog.puffitup.com/2017/06/solo-2-the-teardown-we-take-vaporizers-apart-so-you-dont-have-to/

OF
I did it on imgur guess it didn’t work. I think it’s all good thank you very much!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

the_kingnothing

Top Bottom