Arizer Solo II

OF

Interesting observation from the 2 manual... Arizer states that vaping using lower temperatures will preserve battery longevity. It's obvious that heat kills batteries, but this is the first manual i've seen that has specifically said this.

I guess I'm not sure that's what they meant. Perhaps it's more 'vaping at lower temperatures gives you more sessions per charge'?

Perhaps some language issue translating out of Canadian?

The kind of issue you're thinking of is more like 'for longer battery lifetime, allow them to cool between heavy use'? FWIW, recharging can be a heat stress problem as well, but we have little control over that. And this pack is protected with a rare thermal safety, or at least was with Solo I. You have to keep the temperature elevated quite a bit for a long time to cause normal aging problems. Long periods, I suspect a few hours even 20C hotter over it's life means much?

I suspect it's sessions per charge, not how soon you'll wear out the pack. If you want to vape at high temperatures, you should go right ahead and battery life be damned. It was designed to do that, you bought it to do it, you deserve at least that much guilt free.

Your call as always of course.

OF

nori41

Hello to all, it's my first post, I'm reading this forum lately and I found it very interesting.
I decided to write here because I bought a Solo II and I have some problems, and I would like to share and compare with you.

1) I found a small shaving piece in the chamber, I think it comes from the ring (teflon ??).

2) I found that the chamber/ring block (chamber and double brace ring, respect to the lid) is misaligned, left-right and up-down, you can see it from the height distance and centering from the hole in the lid.

Now, about point 2, it's important to me understand if this is a badly assembed or if it's a normal design.
If this misalignment is normal, I could try to remove myself the small shaving from the ring, although I would like that Arizer assistance service could check for possible leftovers.

Anyway I contacted Arizer, because I would like to take advantage of the warranty, they suggested me to remove it with some tweezers, and if I'm not capable or I don't like the result, I can send it in assistance.
And about the point 2, they tell me :
"There is no misalignment that I can see in the pictures you provided. The brace ring inside the unit is supposed to be aligned slightly off center -- this is part of how it works."

My questions :
- Someone who has the Solo II, could tell me if the chamber/ring/lid of his device has the same misalignment ?
- I ask you an advice, in your opinion, I should send it anyway ?
- In any case, because I would want to check the ring, you know if I could open the lid ?

Another thing I noticed, but this should not be a problem, I found that the holes of the chamber are not in center with the axes of the device.
It looks like that the chamber or ring is screwed, indeed I saw in various photos that the positioning vary from a device to another.

Finally, I want to share a false problem with what that seems a scratched and a poor quality display :
I have read in this thread that someone had my same , and as someone has already replied, it is only to remove the protective plastic, that is a good plastic and initially it does not seem to be there, and at first impression the display seems a very good display.

Last edited:

nori41

The small shaving piece :

N9QGUcK.jpg
N9QGUcK

c0RRTxz.jpg

The chamber / ring / lid misalignment :

MWKNEhx.jpg

GNBgPJf.jpg

0DO5SC8.jpg

Holes not in axes with the device :

L2Bcsdn.jpg

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Holes not in axes with the device :

L2Bcsdn.jpg

I do not know about your questions but from what I see holes are wider than first pictures (not the tiny round holes like air and solo 1)

Last edited:
Andreaerdna,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Hello to all, it's my first post, I'm reading this forum lately and I found it very interesting.
I decided to write here because I bought a Solo II and I have some problems, and I would like to share and compare with you.

1) I found a small shaving piece in the chamber, I think it comes from the ring (teflon ??).

2) I found that the chamber/ring block (chamber and double brace ring, respect to the lid) is misaligned, left-right and up-down, you can see it from the height distance and centering from the hole in the lid.

Now, about point 2, it's important to me understand if this is a badly assembed or if it's a normal design.
If this misalignment is normal, I could try to remove myself the small shaving from the ring, although I would like that Arizer assistance service could check for possible leftovers.

Anyway I contacted Arizer, because I would like to take advantage of the warranty, they suggested me to remove it with some tweezers, and if I'm not capable or I don't like the result, I can send it in assistance.
"There is no misalignment that I can see in the pictures you provided. The brace ring inside the unit is supposed to be aligned slightly off center -- this is part of how it works."

My questions :
- Someone who has the Solo II, could tell me if the chamber/ring/lid of his device has the same misalignment ?
- In any case, because I would want to check the ring, you know if I could open the lid ?

Another thing I noticed, but this should not be a problem, I found that the holes of the chamber are not in center with the axes of the device.
It looks like that the chamber or ring is screwed, indeed I saw in various photos that the positioning vary from a device to another.

Finally, I want to share a false problem with what that seems a scratched and a poor quality display :
I have read in this thread that someone had my same , and as someone has already replied, it is only to remove the protective plastic, that is a good plastic and initially it does not seem to be there, and at first impression the display seems a very good display.

Have you tried heating up the unit and realigning the o'ring while inserting a stem?

BigJr48,

AJS

Calm Consistency

My questions :

Welcome to FC!
If Arizer says it is supposed to be that way and removing the shrapenal is no issue I say you try putting the stems in and see if it's secure. If so ... no problem right?

Again ... welcome to the forum :sherlock::):rockon:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Mine should be here tmr or the next day. I have like 4-5 different packages ordered at different times all arriving in the next day or so. I swear they think I'm a drug dealer haha.
Mine has a signature required too I didn't realize at first. Usually I look out for that.

Most ppl don't even realize a SoloII exists yet so I bet by middle of summer this place will be FLOODED with action

Waldorulez

I know the unit has to be sent back to change the battery an part one is user replaceable that's why if I ever upgrade the northern light solo will be my choice

AJS

Calm Consistency
My unit is only 11 miles away and it's scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. Why will it take the USPS 3 days to deliver a package that's only 11 miles away???
Basically same man. They like to wait until the truck is full so it's less trips ... afaik

OF

So, while I don't have one (yet.....), this definitely looks like the top of the Air oven, not the original Solo (which makes sense from a cost savings alone I think). Not to mention the 'tighter stem' that folks 'demanded' on Air. To have put a seal looser than Air (like the Solo I) would have been a serious PR mistake I think? If the piece you're concerned about is the upper piece, which is a lighter color than the 3 ribs below it, this is quite normal based on Air experience. That material should be quite soft, compared with the ribs below? And you can probably move it around a bit even with the top on, it's the way it's intended. It won't necessarily line up with the whole in the top, even when the stem is installed. Not to worry.

This is the Air oven, disassembled (not recommended, nothing to gain and tiny screws to strip out....):
6V0F57D.jpg

The offending cover is at the bottom. The nut above it threads onto the white body to the left. That nut carries the 3 ribs that actually seal the stem, the ones you feel inserting the stem. Next the heat shield (silver part) goes over the cap and oven and is secured by bitty self threading screws. Finally the cover is snapped over a lip on the nut where it fits fairly loosely.

Guys were upset that things didn't seem centered when Air first came out, turned out to be for naught. If your concern is the same thing, for the same part, I suggest you take Arizer at their word, pluck out the loose bit and enjoy your new vape.

I would also not be worried about tiny scraps that might get away into the works, the material is rated for safe service at the maximum temperature possible, it's not likely to cause any more problems than the ABV that will eventually collect down there anyway?

Regards and best wishes with your new vape, it seems to be a good one.

OF

VapeHeadz

The main online Australian vape store says they will have solo 2's in next week and they will be Au $329.95 at this stage (plus shipping). That equals US $244.16 if currency converter is correct. So that sounds ok yeah?

biohacker

I hope we get more reviews soon. ..all the talk of the pot pourri bowl, sticker on display and screws has me...:zzz:

Sorry for boring you man, but it's still a SOLO... what else is there to say?? As awesome as it is, it's not some reinvented technology or anything. Surely i've contributed more than just your insulting jab. Point taken :doh:

nori41

I do not know about your questions but from what I see holes are wider than first pictures (not the tiny round holes like air and solo 1)

yes, the holes are wider than solo 1

Have you tried heating up the unit and realigning the o'ring while inserting a stem?

no, I have not tried to inserting some stem, because I would want resolve to remove the small shaving from the ring, and also I did not open all the package.
Thanks, I don't know if the ring can be realigned in this way, but could be an attempt.

Welcome to FC!
If Arizer says it is supposed to be that way and removing the shrapenal is no issue I say you try putting the stems in and see if it's secure. If so ... no problem right?

Again ... welcome to the forum :sherlock::):rockon:

Thank you for the welcome !
I agree that if Arizer say that, I should not have any problems, only for my concern I would like that they could inspect them.
But if I was sure that also the misalignment I see in the chamber/ring block is normal, I could try to remove the small shaving myself.
Thanks again :-)

So, while I don't have one (yet.....), this definitely looks like the top of the Air oven, not the original Solo (which makes sense from a cost savings alone I think). Not to mention the 'tighter stem' that folks 'demanded' on Air. To have put a seal looser than Air (like the Solo I) would have been a serious PR mistake I think? If the piece you're concerned about is the upper piece, which is a lighter color than the 3 ribs below it, this is quite normal based on Air experience. That material should be quite soft, compared with the ribs below? And you can probably move it around a bit even with the top on, it's the way it's intended. It won't necessarily line up with the whole in the top, even when the stem is installed. Not to worry.

This is the Air oven, disassembled (not recommended, nothing to gain and tiny screws to strip out....):
6V0F57D.jpg

The offending cover is at the bottom. The nut above it threads onto the white body to the left. That nut carries the 3 ribs that actually seal the stem, the ones you feel inserting the stem. Next the heat shield (silver part) goes over the cap and oven and is secured by bitty self threading screws. Finally the cover is snapped over a lip on the nut where it fits fairly loosely.

Guys were upset that things didn't seem centered when Air first came out, turned out to be for naught. If your concern is the same thing, for the same part, I suggest you take Arizer at their word, pluck out the loose bit and enjoy your new vape.

I would also not be worried about tiny scraps that might get away into the works, the material is rated for safe service at the maximum temperature possible, it's not likely to cause any more problems than the ABV that will eventually collect down there anyway?

Regards and best wishes with your new vape, it seems to be a good one.

OF

Now that I see your Air, yes, also I think that the top of the oven are almost the same or just the same, and also I agree about the "tighter stem".
Yes, my concern is that the whole oven block (chamber+ribs+lid) is not well centered, it seems to me misaligned.
But I don't understand if the problem of misalignment is on the upper piece that you say or on the ribs/ring below it.
Anyway now that I see how the oven's block was made, and looking again at my device, maybe the problem I see is just that you tell me.

Now, because Arizer says that "the brace ring inside the unit is supposed to be aligned slightly off center -- this is part of how it works."
I think that every device with this oven should be in this way, not well centered, just as you say when the Air come out.
Because you say :
"you can probably move it around a bit even with the top on, it's the way it's intended. It won't necessarily line up with the whole in the top"
I would like to understand if it's something that can be get better or if it's better to leave as it is.
Maybe if someone else could make some photos of the alignment in his device, this could remove all doubts about it.

Then, actually I worry a little about tiny scraps that might get away into the works, because the original glass holes in the stems are rather big and could pass something.

Thank you very much for your explanation.

OF

Anyway now that I see how the oven's block was made, and looking again at my device, maybe the problem I see is just that you tell me.

Now, because Arizer says that "the brace ring inside the unit is supposed to be aligned slightly off center -- this is part of how it works."
I think that every device with this oven should be in this way, not well centered, just as you say when the Air come out.

Again, I haven't seen one, but strongly suspect they're using the same oven (why reinvent it again after Air?). It's not realistic to expect it to be exactly centered, there are too many bits that effect its exact placement (which is why the hole in the top is bigger and the part you're worried about is compliant.....this is a glass part in a tight fit. "Something has to give" or you get broken glass. Or stems that fall out.

That part ('brace ring') FLOATS, it is intended to move to match alignments.

I believe what you see is quite normal. And I trust Arizer when they tell you the same thing. No reason I see to return it, I'd start enjoying it. In the end it's a tool, only really useful if it does a needed job.

OF

biohacker

It's a solo 2. Solo 1 has 1000 pages strong still going. There's way more to say imho. :tup:

The Solo is six years old! Geezus man, we only have what a handful of members that own one? There is plenty of verbal diarrhea in the Solo thread as well, to make that "1000 pages strong", and you disrespect my posts even though i'm sharing my experiences and thoughts? And you do it with a post that adds nothing but insult? :hmm:

Be patient man, as people receive their own they will chime in, but I for one know I won't be putting any effort into wasting my time trying to keep this thread going :doh:

Have fun. :tup:

shawn0223

k If you want to vape at high temperatures, you should go right ahead and battery life be damned. It was designed to do that, you bought it to do it, you deserve at least that much guilt free.

OF

Exactly how I plan on using mine. After doing a few burnoffs and letting it charge up to full. Was originally supposed to be delivered 5/16, then changed to 5/17, checked this morning and it says it's it'll be delivered today. Can't wait to get off work. So many different strains, can't choose what to break her in with lol. Decisions decisions:spliff::spliff:

The Solo is six years old! Geezus man, we only have what a handful of members that own one? There is plenty of verbal diarrhea in the Solo thread as well, to make that "1000 pages strong", and you disrespect my posts even though i'm sharing my experiences and thoughts? And you do it with a post that adds nothing but insult? :hmm:

Be patient man, as people receive their own they will chime in, but I for one know I won't be putting any effort into wasting my time trying to keep this thread going :doh:

Have fun. :tup:

Yeah I don't doubt the thread will pickup, I'm sure most of us are waiting on delivery from Jack and other retailers, I didn't wanna pay the arizer premium since I have an Air to hold me over until delivery, which is today!!:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

AJS

Calm Consistency
My unit is only 11 miles away and it's scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday. Why will it take the USPS 3 days to deliver a package that's only 11 miles away???
My tracking updated to Monday (today) delivery. Check yours :)

AJS,
Reactions: BigJr48
Top Bottom