• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Solo II

Robert-in-YEG

Hi everybody, it has been a while. Im trying to be objective about my need for a solo 2, so I turn to you guys for infos.

If the solo 2 heats up faster, would that mean it would be better to hold the temp at desired level, leading to a thicker/stronger cloud? I cant seem to find an answer to that googling away..

Anybody has ideas as to what to do/not do to avoid the errors plaguing the solo 2? My 2013 solos are still going fine; less electronic, less problems I guess.

And lastly, what would be a good deal on a solo2; im canadian. Thanks a lot for your input :)
When it comes to heavy chronic, daily use, the Solo can't be beat. The glass tubes ensure a nice clean vape.

I paid $189 CAD for my unit. Anything around that is fair.

Robert-in-YEG

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Hi everybody, it has been a while. Im trying to be objective about my need for a solo 2, so I turn to you guys for infos.

If the solo 2 heats up faster, would that mean it would be better to hold the temp at desired level, leading to a thicker/stronger cloud? I cant seem to find an answer to that googling away..

Anybody has ideas as to what to do/not do to avoid the errors plaguing the solo 2? My 2013 solos are still going fine; less electronic, less problems I guess.

And lastly, what would be a good deal on a solo2; im canadian. Thanks a lot for your input :)
I've owned both the Solo and the Solo 2. If you want top notch vapor stay with the original Solo. Imho the quality of the vapor negates the heat up time. The vapor is noticeably thicker and more robust than the Solo 2. Again just an opinion, but the weed takes longer to heat up in the Solo making the vapor thicker when ready. Last time I checked you could get a Solo for $85 . I've seen the Solo s for $154 @ Puffitup . I think I saw it somewhere on a black Friday sale for $130, but I can't remember where :D.

Robert-in-YEG

If anyone is on the fence when it comes to the Arizer Solo and Solo II, I can say that they both have a well deserved reputation.

The Solo II was the second vape I purchased. After researching here, I thought that the Arizer was the right choice and it would be the only vape I needed; I was wrong. Vapes are like flashlights; there is always room for one more.

It took time to learn to the love the Arizer Solo II. I like it at first, then I thought that the draw was too restrictive, then I seemed to vacillate back and forth. What made the difference was learning how to pack the tubes and being patient. The Solo II works best for me when I load it, bring it to temp, wait 3-5 minutes, and then start vaping. As for vaping technique, waiting a couple of minutes between draws lets the oven better cook the herb, and produce more vapor.

The key to the Solo line is making sure that air flows through the aroma tube, before inserting into the heater. When properly packed, draw is NOT an issue. Pack too tight, and it is like drinking an overly thick milkshake.

Once I learned to slow down, be patient, and enjoy the ritual, the Solo II became one of my daily drivers. What I have come to like about the Arizer is the way that it works. I can pack a few extra tubes, grab my Solo and I'm good for a few hours.

Last week I picked up an Arizer ArGo. I thought it was a bit underpowered, but again, a bit of patience goes a long way. The ArGo cooks herb just fine; it just needs a bit of time. It is the same basic idea, pack correctly, be patient, and the ArGo can produce a decent buzz. Again the aroma tubes are the clincher. I can pack the ArGo and a few prefilled tubes and I am ready for stealth mode.

Robert-in-YEG

canadianvapelife

Ok so I know this is the solo 2 page but I just can't decide if I should buy the og solo or the solo 2. Arizer has sales on both right now and I'm torn. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ok so I know this is the solo 2 page but I just can't decide if I should buy the og solo or the solo 2. Arizer has sales on both right now and I'm torn. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

The OG is old, no isolated air path, preset temps is not a big deal but you will get better battery life and more power with the newer S2 as well... Not to mention better airflow, I think a better form factor, and build quality with more durability, the stems from 420 EDC seem really nice... I'm slightly tempted because the Solo 2 is only $130 from PotV...

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
The Solo 2 was my first upgrade vape 4/20/20 after years of owning just a Pax2. I have completely lost my mind since buying the Solo 2 and have acquired a boatload of serious artisan and hard to find vapes. Every time I think about selling the Solo 2 due to lack of use, I reach for it one last time and realize I don’t want to part with it. I love having a digital display for temp stepping as I run a new strain through the Solo 2 first before any of my other vapes. The Solo 2 at low temps gives me a pure tasty terp profile as a reference/starting point so I know what to expect when running a strain through my other vapes. This, plus ease of use and minimal cleaning will keep the Solo 2 in my stable. And as @Shit Snacks and @Comfortably Numb pointed out, the battery. I can’t believe the battery life on this thing. Whenever I reach for it, there is always adequate battery left for a 10min session, regardless of when it was last charged.

Last edited:

canadianvapelife

The OG is old, no isolated air path, preset temps is not a big deal but you will get better battery life and more power with the newer S2 as well... Not to mention better airflow, I think a better form factor, and build quality with more durability, the stems from 420 EDC seem really nice... I'm slightly tempted because the Solo 2 is only $130 from PotV...
How can I pass on that deal! Thanks for the heads up

narrowsparrow

I've been living with the Air 1 and Air 2 for several years. Then the Air 2 began to act up (wouldn't let me remove its battery), and I found the Solo 2 on sale. What a HUGE difference! I have no complaints. Even comes with an instruction manual (screw you, YouTube). Still experimenting with draw techniques. I use a water attachment, and I'm getting nice, cool draws.

OF

Solo 2 was my first vape....has twice battery life of the Solo 1....
That's not true. 3400 vs 2200 mAh, a 50% increase?

There is no useful difference in 'draw resistance' between currently produced Solo I and II, unlike other advice. The OG Solo I had a 'true PA' mode which IMO has value, but that is no longer available.

Solo II is also oval, not round, and is therefor smaller in diameter and a bit easier to hold. Yes, I own all 3 versions.

OF

Robert-in-YEG

How can I pass on that deal! Thanks for the heads up
The Solo II is one of my primary vapes and it is used daily.

The oven on the Arizer is small, but I don't find that to be a problem. With multiple aroma tubes it is easy to put a lot of herb through the Solo. For vaping a mix of kief and flower, again the aroma tubes make cleaning up easy. With the WPA, it can make for a great way to relax.

I went through a phase where I didn't like the Solo II, because I was overpacking the tubes causing draw and airflow problems. Once I got the packing down right, it settled in as one of my daily drivers.

Robert-in-YEG

165fa610542715.560e695f3a642.png

Petetbay

I tried to find answer on using the Solo 12v car adapter with the Solo II with no success. The Solo adapter is half the price of the Solo II adapter and I can’t find the specs on the Solo II version, I have them for OG Solo. The connector is the same to my understanding. Any help would be appreciated. :hmm:

Petetbay,
Reactions: OF

Robert-in-YEG

I tried to find answer on using the Solo 12v car adapter with the Solo II with no success. The Solo adapter is half the price of the Solo II adapter and I can’t find the specs on the Solo II version, I have them for OG Solo. The connector is the same to my understanding. Any help would be appreciated. :hmm:
The adapter for my Solo II is 12v 1.5 amp. In theory any 12 volt adapter that can drive > 1.5 amp should work. One important note, on the adapter, the tip is positive.

Robert-in-YEG

Don't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.
~ Unknown

Robert-in-YEG,

Petetbay

The adapter for my Solo II is 12v 1.5 amp.
Are talking about the AC adapter? That I know. I‘m talking dc car adapters, OG Solo dc adapter is 800 or 900ma, most dc adapters I have max @ 1amp and all my 12v adapters car adapters have auto shutoffs to prevent overcharging so getting 12v that doesn’t shut off is problematic.

Petetbay,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I tested the Solo 2 for a week after having the OG Solo for years. I found the vapor to be slightly better with the OG Solo. Came to the conclusion that there is a very slight difference in the oven (Depth?) between the two devices and that the digital display and other upgrades weren't significant enough to warrant the price difference. Several other folks agreed and several others didn't so....your milage may vary.

OF

It should work fine for you, it did for me the few times I tried. I usually use a 12 Volt 8 Amp source for 'everything' with a small adapter to match Solo.

The mains versions have current issues but your car has plenty of excess capacity.

Regards to all.

OF

Robert-in-YEG

Are talking about the AC adapter? That I know. I‘m talking dc car adapters, OG Solo dc adapter is 800 or 900ma, most dc adapters I have max @ 1amp and all my 12v adapters car adapters have auto shutoffs to prevent overcharging so getting 12v that doesn’t shut off is problematic.
Sorry. Stoned, didn't read carefully.

You are quite right. That is something different.

Robert-in-YEG

3743_7a1q_nameabong.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Petetbay

narrowsparrow

Thanks for the link, Petetbay. I bought it even though I didn't want a clear one and even though I had to pay 40 bucks for it! But I do appreciate your help; I was having no luck doing an online search. The one I have wasn't a Sneaky Pete product. I bought it several years ago from POV. Doesn't seem to be a popular item; I sure do like mine, though.
Happy New Year to you! :wave:

narrowsparrow,
Reactions: Petetbay

Jaago

When starting Solo 2, I accidentally accessed the offset menu when starting by pressing up, up and down. I'm not sure if I adjusted the number when it can be anything between -20 and +20. Has anyone else accidentally or intentionally adjusted this number and what effect has it had? Annoying when I’m not sure what the default setting on my solo was because I had to go through the entire menu by mistake.

Jaago,

Likun

When starting Solo 2, I accidentally accessed the offset menu when starting by pressing up, up and down. I'm not sure if I adjusted the number when it can be anything between -20 and +20. Has anyone else accidentally or intentionally adjusted this number and what effect has it had? Annoying when I’m not sure what the default setting on my solo was because I had to go through the entire menu by mistake.
I have no idea what this number is but I just looked mine up and it says +02.

Ok nvm it's an individual number.
Quoting Arizer responds from a reddit post, who had a similar expereince:
The offset is a programming setting that is individual to each unit. There is not one specific value that is used for all units, so I cannot tell you if your offset has been changed. As I mentioned, it is unlikely that you permanently changed the settings. If you go back into the offset menu, does it still show -12?

Last edited:
Top Bottom