vpr85

Hello everyone..first of all i want to thank everyone in this amazing community..this place is a wiki for stoners/vapers..i am thinking of buying the argo, but i would like to know if it can be used with dosing pods..like flowermate's nano for example..has anyone ever tried it before? Also another choice for me is the DaVinci Miqro (i love the looks of it), but i want something with dosing capsules..i know that many use the Argo with Fury pods, but i see that it works more as a spacer, and this is not my intension..i want to preload and just pop the capsule in..

don't need pods, Arizer producst all ready have removable glass chambers, plus they give you heat safe silicon caps and protective tubes & a case for carrying extra doses. stick with the all glass for tasty tasty rips and perfect for dosing

Powerslave

Yeah i know, but i want something that takes pods for on the go..the glass stems will not last with my hands..i always break stuff..

Powerslave,
Reactions: arb

Dan B

Has anyone tried using the Dynacoil with the Argo yet? The inner diameter of the Argo stem and Dynavap tip are very similar so it seems like it might fit. If it works then it's a winner for convenience and reliability.

Been thinking about trying out the Argo as a heater but mine is in a storage so it would fantastic if someone could give it a try. Also have an Aromed that I would like to use for my Dynavap.

John Coaltrain

Been thinking about trying out the Argo as a heater but mine is in a storage so it would fantastic if someone could give it a try. Also have an Aromed that I would like to use for my Dynavap.

I could be wrong, but I think I read that you are not supposed to apply heat to the tip (the flat surface thereof) of a DynaVap. Since the heat source on Arizer portables is on the floor of the oven, you would be applying heat to that flat part of the tip.

Yes of course, that makes sense. It would probably not heat it on the side. Better find a way to use the Aromed then.
Getting complaints about my torch. It is supposedly to loud. It wakes people up.

rogrog

Is it possible to pull out the glass stem while it's hot & pack a new bowl without burning your fingers? I like to puff on several bowls in a row and dont want to carry multiple stems.

rogrog,
Reactions: arb

OF

Has anyone tried using the Dynacoil with the Argo yet? The inner diameter of the Argo stem and Dynavap tip are very similar so it seems like it might fit. If it works then it's a winner for convenience and reliability.

Several guys have suggested this, nobody has reported results. I think it's a matter of degrees as it were, ArGo doesn't have enough of them to offer. Even at 'full blast' while heat is being conducted in from the cup, it's also being lost heating the DV (meaning the temperature of the DV WILL BE LOWER than the hottest point, the cup. Using a 1300 degree torch is another matter.

The walls of the cup also heat the load, they are at the same temperature as the bottom of the cup (it's Copper, right?). That helps of course, but I'm betting not enough. But still my guess is the 'temperature drops' means the DV never gets hot enough (or we'd have guys coming back and telling us it works?).

I would not recommend buying an ArGo for this use.

Regards to all.

OF

jvapour

Do newer versions of the ArGo have an updated firmware compared to older versions like those purchased when it was first released?

OF

Do newer versions of the ArGo have an updated firmware compared to older versions like those purchased when it was first released?

No, at least not discussed here. A search of this thread on "update" gives 11 hits, almost all about post information, none about software........ The exception being a question about the possibility updating the display in the future for a convenience (add session time display).

I think you're confusing this with FIERCE? No similar performance change here?

OF

mash

IMG_20190410_212913.jpg

th_IMG_20190410_212913.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not new to the arizer products......but new to the Argo....

Tried to insert a pic....but seems like I dont know what the hell I am doing....haha...

OF

IMG_20190410_212913.jpg

th_IMG_20190410_212913.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not new to the arizer products......but new to the Argo....

Tried to insert a pic....but seems like I dont know what the hell I am doing....haha...

OK.....yer new to ArGo and can't figure out how to post photos (a common and changing problem.....). Hopefully someone will come along with instructions that work for a while (I've 'lost' photos from two hosts so far when they changed their policy down the road..... Image Shack and Imgur.).

Until then, is this going somewhere? That is do you have a question to pose or insights to pass on?

TIA

OF

mash

OK.....yer new to ArGo and can't figure out how to post photos (a common and changing problem.....). Hopefully someone will come along with instructions that work for a while (I've 'lost' photos from two hosts so far when they changed their policy down the road..... Image Shack and Imgur.).

Until then, is this going somewhere? That is do you have a question to pose or insights to pass on?

TIA

OF

Just a happy arizer user :peace:......I have the original air.....solo 2 and now the Argo.....and a few other vapes....Vivant Alternate and the vleaf...

I just received the Argo yesterday and havent tried it yet.....I assume its very similar to the air and solo 2....I know the stem is thinner in diameter but seems like the pocket is deeper then the others ....so maybe it can hold as much herb?

I was on the fence about the Argo....was also looking at the Pax 3 ...and some of the vapes healthyrips have.....but why mess with a good thing.....and its the perfect size to carry around it seems.

I guess the only question is....can I use the same batteries I use in my air?

Thanks

OF

I just received the Argo yesterday and havent tried it yet.....I assume its very similar to the air and solo 2....I know the stem is thinner in diameter but seems like the pocket is deeper then the others ....so maybe it can hold as much herb?

I guess the only question is....can I use the same batteries I use in my air?

Yes, the volumes are basically the same. However the 'cool patch' (at the top, in the center) is smaller and closer to the walls for heat to be conducted in. This means, I think, slightly faster to solid vapor and a less lingering tail? That is useful vapor and 'full extraction' (whatever you decide that is) happen a bit faster. While the bottom (fastest heat transfer) is smaller, there's more wall (slower through the glass) to compensate? I'd be interested in your 'take'.

Once you start putting domed screens in things can change.

It's obviously easier to tote along on your adventures, more 'pocket friendly'. Yes, Air 18650s should do fine, but the absolute best choice from what's available today is the one it comes with, NCR18650B. Longest possible run time available today, others sacrifice more run time than necessary to peak power potential we'll never use.

Enjoy your ArGo, solid choice. Different, but very much similar.

OF

mash

Yes, the volumes are basically the same. However the 'cool patch' (at the top, in the center) is smaller and closer to the walls for heat to be conducted in. This means, I think, slightly faster to solid vapor and a less lingering tail? That is useful vapor and 'full extraction' (whatever you decide that is) happen a bit faster. While the bottom (fastest heat transfer) is smaller, there's more wall (slower through the glass) to compensate? I'd be interested in your 'take'.

Once you start putting domed screens in things can change.

It's obviously easier to tote along on your adventures, more 'pocket friendly'. Yes, Air 18650s should do fine, but the absolute best choice from what's available today is the one it comes with, NCR18650B. Longest possible run time available today, others sacrifice more run time than necessary to peak power potential we'll never use.

Enjoy your ArGo, solid choice. Different, but very much similar.

OF

Thanks for your input brother.....

It will be interesting....I wasnt comfortable carrying the air or solo 2 out and about town....I purchased another argo battery and car charger from arizer also so I will be pretty set.

I really like the solo 2 at home....if was a bit different then my air...hard to explain...and I found the draw resistance alot better on the solo 2

If the Argo comes close to the performance I will be very happy....also just find the arizer products use so much less of the herb needed to get medicated.

Im not much of a screen user....I find the stems easy to clean...arizer devices are so easy to maintain I feel.

Tonight I will be testing out the Argo :)

Thanks again for your reply...

Lag

Is it possible to pull out the glass stem while it's hot & pack a new bowl without burning your fingers? I like to puff on several bowls in a row and dont want to carry multiple stems.

I wouldn't recommend it. The part of the glass closest to the heater is pretty hot for a minute or two, plus if you try to repack a hot stem I've noticed the ground herb tends to stick more to the ridge of the glass which makes direct contact with the heater. Definitely not something you want. When the stem is more cool, that doesn't happen. It's much better to have multiple stems prepacked and ready to go for multiple bowls in a row.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Couple questions:

1. For out and about, what’s the easiest way to have pre-loads? Do you have to carry several preloaded stems? Are there any dosing capsules?

2. Anyone ever use concentrates in their Argo? I know it’s made for flower, but wondered if there was a hack.

Thanks!

OF

1. For out and about, what’s the easiest way to have pre-loads? Do you have to carry several preloaded stems? Are there any dosing capsules?

2. Anyone ever use concentrates in their Argo? I know it’s made for flower, but wondered if there was a hack.

Thanks.

1. No capsules known, load stems and cap them with vinyl caps (or carry bulk ground herb).

2. Sure, like on Solo/Air wrap it in (pure) cotton, put it in the bowl and enjoy.

Yer welcome.

OF

OF

Fury 2 dosing capsules work well with the ArGo. I mentioned it above in post #1130:

Arizer ArGo

"Ya, but..." (don'cha just hate that?). They only fit the basket part, the caps are too big? Sort of like a loose domed screen with a cap that you have to remove to use. Useful in some cases, but not what the OP was looking for? Not the quick and tidy sort of reload you get with them in F2.

OF

Top Bottom