John Coaltrain

. . . not what the OP was looking for? . . .

Here is what the OP is looking for:

For out and about, what’s the easiest way to have pre-loads?

The Fury 2 dosing capsules, pre-loaded before a night on the town, do a marvelous job at exactly that.

. . . Not the quick and tidy sort of reload . . .

Depends what you mean by "quick and tidy." Feel free to purchase an additional number of stems and bring them clankingly along with you. I used to do this before I purchased some Fury dosing caps.

As per "quick and tidy" – it takes about 3/4 of a second to remove the cap (an inherently tidy process), and another 3/4 of a second to insert it into the stem (also inherently tidy). In my book, that's a quick (and tidy) reload. Here are the long and short of it:

1. Fill a bunch of Fury 2 dosing capsules with your preferred herbal material
2. Go out on the town with your ArGo and your pre-filled capsules
3. Take 3/4 of a second to remove the cap (the ArGo takes about 90 seconds to reach temperature, giving you enough time to remove about a hundred or so of these caps)
4. Take another 3/4 of a second to insert the cap – either upside up or upside down
5. Enjoy the fruits of your quick and tidy reload labours
. . . (don'cha just hate that?). . .

No – in fact I like it very much.

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Here is what the OP is looking for:

The Fury 2 dosing capsules, pre-loaded before a night on the town, do a marvelous job at exactly that.

Depends what you mean by "quick and tidy." Feel free to purchase an additional number of stems and bring them clankingly along with you. I used to do this before I purchased some Fury dosing caps.

As per "quick and tidy" – it takes about 3/4 of a second to remove the cap (an inherently tidy process), and another 3/4 of a second to insert it into the stem (also inherently tidy). In my book, that's a quick (and tidy) reload. Here are the long and short of it:

1. Fill a bunch of Fury 2 dosing capsules with your preferred herbal material
2. Go out on the town with your ArGo and your pre-filled capsules
3. Take 3/4 of a second to remove the cap (the ArGo takes about 90 seconds to reach temperature, giving you enough time to remove about a hundred or so of these caps)
4. Take another 3/4 of a second to insert the cap – either upside up or upside down
5. Enjoy the fruits of your quick and tidy reload labours

No – in fact I like it very much.
This sounds wonderful, thank you! If the fury capsules are able to be inserted either upside down or downside up, are they hard to remove? How do you get a capsule out after it has been vaped to put a new one in, and any tips on where to stash the lid to the capsule while that capsule is in use? Thanks!

Last edited:

John Coaltrain

. . . are they hard to remove? How do you get a capsule out after it has been vaped to put a new one in . . . ?

I found it easier to remove the capsules when they are used upside down (open end facing the oven). You'll want to insert and remove them with the unit inverted (to avoid flower spillage).

They are a snug fit – not exactly tight, but snug enough to not fall out on their own. You'll need something small enough (a packing tool works well) to get the capsule out.

. . . any tips on where to stash the lid to the capsule while that capsule is in use?

Just use the container in which you brought them for your night out – n'est pas? You could also use a buddy's nostril or ear orifice – if you (and your buddy) are into that sort of thing. I use my Storz & Bickel capsule caddy. It's aluminum, which is handy for a hot capsule. Check Amazon for a product called a "pill fob"– which looks something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/HRX-Package-Aluminum-Keychain-Waterproof/dp/B07J4Q2VQ9/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=pill+fob&qid=1555342238&s=gateway&sr=8-11&th=1

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Jgott56

I found it easier to remove the capsules when they are used upside down (open end facing the oven). You'll want to insert and remove them with the unit inverted (to avoid flower spillage).

They are a snug fit – not exactly tight, but snug enough to not fall out on their own. You'll need something small enough (a packing tool works well) to get the capsule out.

Just use the container in which you brought them for your night out – n'est pas? You could also use a buddy's nostril or ear orifice – if you (and your buddy) are into that sort of thing. I use my Storz & Bickel capsule caddy. It's aluminum, which is handy for a hot capsule. Check Amazon for a product called a "pill fob"– which looks something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/HRX-Package-Aluminum-Keychain-Waterproof/dp/B07J4Q2VQ9/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=pill+fob&qid=1555342238&s=gateway&sr=8-11&th=1

Hope that helps.

John - really appreciate your posts but I'm unsure about this whole "fury 2 dosing capsules in the argo" I've heard multiple people say they don't fit on reddit and you seem to be the only person who says they do.

Are you doing something unusual to make them fit? Do you take off the cap? Just trying to see if I should buy them or if it would be $15 + shipping down the drain.

Jgott56,
Reactions: arb

John Coaltrain

John - really appreciate your posts but I'm unsure about this whole "fury 2 dosing capsules in the argo" I've heard multiple people say they don't fit on reddit and you seem to be the only person who says they do.

Are you doing something unusual to make them fit? Do you take off the cap? Just trying to see if I should buy them or if it would be $15 + shipping down the drain.

The answers to your questions can be found throughout the thread. Hit the search window at the top of the thread, type "capsules" or "dosing" then select "Search this thread only."

Last edited:
John Coaltrain,

I have an ArGo and I have Fury2 dosing capsules. What do you want to know?

The body of the dosing capsule will fit in the ArGo standard stem but the lid of the dosing capsule will not.

Just from a quick look and no tests, it looks like you could use the dosing capsule with the lid sticking out. Or, you could use the dosing capsule without the lid. However, the body of the dosing cap is a snug fit and you better have a paper clip or other thin tool to poke the dosing capsule out from the other end if you use it without the cap.

Feel free to post if you have a question.

EDIT: Here are a couple pics.

11m598l.jpg

2u9rimh.jpg

Last edited:

Jgott56

The body of the dosing capsule will fit in the ArGo standard stem but the lid of the dosing capsule will not.

Just from a quick look and no tests, it looks like you could use the dosing capsule with the lid sticking out. Or, you could use the dosing capsule without the lid. However, the body of the dosing cap is a snug fit and you better have a paper clip or other thin tool to poke the dosing capsule out from the other end if you use it without the cap.

11m598l.jpg

2u9rimh.jpg

This is everything I hoped for! Thanks!

What I'm thinking of doing is using material as usual in the stem but then sticking the bottom of the dosing capsules in to keep things in place. Primarily for micro-dosing.

Then I assume I can just pinch the open end of the basket and pull it out.

Sound like a plausible idea? Any issues that you see cropping up?

Jgott56,
That sounds like it would work but I don't thing the capsule is necessary. I use my ArGo as my goto for taking with me. I have a gig tonight so I'll be taking it there.

I usually just fill the stems, place the wonderful, heat-proof caps on the stem and place it in the heat-resistant plastic tube that comes with the ArGo.

One bowl lasts a pretty long time. I pass it around so we usually finish the bowl but often I simply remove the stem before it's done and place it back in the tube. Turn off the ArGo and I am ready for next time.

By the time I have vaped the second bowl, the first stem has cooled off and I just fill 'er up and start again (I take an Altoids tin with pre-ground pot in it).

I never use my dosing caps, either in the fury or the ArGo. Seems a waste. I can fill a bowl as quickly as I can drop in a dosing cap.

I suggest you buy the ArGo first. After using it, if you still feel you want the dosing caps, you can always order them. Act fast, I think Arizer is still offering a free Air with any vape purchase.

Jgott56

I got mine on Monday! Tried it last night and I like it so far. Temp stepped from 355 to 375 and then 395.

One odd thing I noticed though, when I checked the stem at the end there was what looked like condensation towards the bottom of the stem and the material inside was wet.

Any idea what happened there? Has anyone else experienced this?

John Coaltrain

. . . What I'm thinking of doing is using material as usual in the stem but then sticking the bottom of the dosing capsules in to keep things in place. Primarily for micro-dosing. . . . Then I assume I can just pinch the open end of the basket and pull it out.

I agree with @Hackerman – just use the rubber caps provided with the ArGo.

John Coaltrain,
Reactions: arb and OF

-dab8-

Dyna-saur

11m598l.jpg

2u9rimh.jpg
Wow, thank you! This is hugely helpful. So when you insert the capsule upside down, are you able to keep the lid on, or would it not fit into the Argo air path? Or worse, would it get stuck in the Argo when you remove the whole thing?

*edit I started typing before you had sent your second response, I’ll try the Argo using just the stems first, but I am curious as to whether they are able to be used with the caps on if the cap is out of the tube, and inserted into the air path. Thanks!

Last edited:

OF

Any idea what happened there? Has anyone else experienced this?

Almost certainly is condensed water. very normal although you often don't see in since many vapes aren't clear in this area. Very common.

For best results your herb should be 'well cured' (dry) going in. You have to waste heat that would otherwise make vapor drying it out before you can get that part of the load past 212F. So you're only making vapor with a part of the load until that happens, by then the part closest the walls and floor will be basically 'spent'.

And, in general, you'll reduce fouling. Not a big deal with Solo/Air/ArGo with it's glass stem, but in many vapes this condensate gets that 'oil and water don't mix' thing going which leads to nasty junk that becomes a cleaning problem.

OF

Jgott56

Almost certainly is condensed water. very normal although you often don't see in since many vapes aren't clear in this area. Very common.

For best results your herb should be 'well cured' (dry) going in. You have to waste heat that would otherwise make vapor drying it out before you can get that part of the load past 212F. So you're only making vapor with a part of the load until that happens, by then the part closest the walls and floor will be basically 'spent'.

And, in general, you'll reduce fouling. Not a big deal with Solo/Air/ArGo with it's glass stem, but in many vapes this condensate gets that 'oil and water don't mix' thing going which leads to nasty junk that becomes a cleaning problem.

OF
Hmmm... I use a Bovada packet to keep things moist. Maybe I should get rid of it and let things dry a bit more.

John Coaltrain

Hmmm... I use a Bovada packet to keep things moist. Maybe I should get rid of it and let things dry a bit more.

What percentage are you using? I had some very, VERY dry flower which I rejuvenated with 62% packs for a couple of weeks (in glass containers with silicone rimmed lids in a dark room).

Some of the terpenes seemed to come back to life again (if such is possible). Certainly the flavour became better – but vaporization seems to have gone south somewhat.

I've thought of taking the packs out for a while, then maybe reinserting them periodically. Or maybe switching to the 58%. But that's all very complicated (or at least relatively complicated).

Ultimately, perhaps it's best to just purchase less flower; just enough that I can use within a reasonable time frame.

Simpler is often better (for me).

Last edited:

Jgott56

What percentage are you using? I had some very, VERY dry flower which I rejuvenated with 62% packs for a couple of weeks (in glass containers with silicone rimmed lids in a dark room).

Some of the terpenes seemed to come back to life again (if such is possible). Certainly the flavour became better – but vaporization seems to have gone south somewhat.

I've thought of taking the packs out for a while, then maybe reinserting them periodically. Or maybe switching to the 58%.

Ultimately, perhaps its best to just purchase less flower than I can use within a reasonable time frame. Simpler is often better (for me).

62% for me too in a Cvault. I grind for 10 sessions and put into a small space case without any humidity. I can't imagine the material is damp even in the slightest.

I had just iso'd the stems and rinsed them the night before. The only thing I can think of why I would get so much condensation is heating up cool stems? Maybe I'll experiment tonight with empty stems and see if it happens again.

OF

For sure experiment with it, easy to do and you never know I might be right?

I had just iso'd the stems and rinsed them the night before. The only thing I can think of why I would get so much condensation is heating up cool stems? Maybe I'll experiment tonight with empty stems and see if it happens again.

Think about it, the condensed water has to come from somewhere.......clean glass has none, normal herb lots (IIRC something like 30% by weight?

60% RH (don't confuse with actual water present) is designed around tobacco smoking. We're doing neither of those (not using tobacco, nor smoking). I grind a gram or two at a time, and if it's not well enough cured (is sticky in the grinder, say) I'll leave the open jar on top of the router (warm spot) for a while.

We came on this insight 'in the day' with MFLB where you can't get past the welded screen to clean. Keeping the herb dry going in (very little water to condense) solved that problem.

Give it a try, if it doesn't work you can have the pleasure of coming back and saying just what you think I'm full of?

OF

Jgott56

For sure experiment with it, easy to do and you never know I might be right?

Think about it, the condensed water has to come from somewhere.......clean glass has none, normal herb lots (IIRC something like 30% by weight?

60% RH (don't confuse with actual water present) is designed around tobacco smoking. We're doing neither of those (not using tobacco, nor smoking). I grind a gram or two at a time, and if it's not well enough cured (is sticky in the grinder, say) I'll leave the open jar on top of the router (warm spot) for a while.

We came on this insight 'in the day' with MFLB where you can't get past the welded screen to clean. Keeping the herb dry going in (very little water to condense) solved that problem.

Give it a try, if it doesn't work you can have the pleasure of coming back and saying just what you think I'm full of?

OF

Def not very sticky in grinder but I'll give it another go and see what happens. Who knows, maybe I even drooled without knowing it...

If it doesn't happen again I must have been full of saliva last night.

Jgott56

Any suggestions for something to hold the ArGo water pipe adapter like those little tubes hold the normal mouthpieces?

Jgott56,

Jgott56

I have the PuffItUp Universal WPA hopefully someone else does and has ideas of how to store it for travel...

Jgott56,
Top Bottom