• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Air II

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Does anyone know the max urrent rating of air batteries? They are red and have B18650CC VL4G03E written on them.
I only have one mod-grade battery and two of those arizer ones and I'll need two to power a DNA 250c box mod with a Musa 510.
The coil has 0.8 ohms, and works well at 50W, which should be around 7-8 Amperes, so 10A batteries should be enough for wattage mode.
But I really want to use the mod with TC mode or a preheat booster, which migh require at least 15A batteries.
So... are those Arizer batteries cut out for this or should I need to buy two new ones?

OF

Does anyone know the max urrent rating of air batteries? They are red and have B18650CC VL4G03E written on them.

Those aren't the 'battery' (it's really a cell.....) for Air II are they? Aren't the factory units for Air II and ArGo the same as the ones in Solo II? Panasonic NCR18650B? They are 'just barely' able to supply the five Amps needed, the remaining 'real estate' traded for longer run time. This Panasonic is I understand the approved replacement for the original Air cells, which were carefully sourced for that same 'maximum capacity still capable of supplying the current' so I think it's a safe assumption that was the case (five Amps max continuous). Arizer kept the maker and most specs from us. Someone, @CentiZen I think, found the source and for a while sold them at a discount, he might know?

Anyway, from what we know, this is a poor choice for higher current use like you contemplate.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I apologize for any comments perceived as negative. In my defense, I only mentioned *cons* because in my previous post I was criticized for saying *What's not to like about this vape?*. In all reality, I think Arizer does a remarkable job and I'm about as satisfied with their products as I can be. I have 2 Air II's, a Solo II and the Argo.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Why can I get a better performance (as judged by my likes and needs) out of Air 2 than Solo 2, when the ovens are identical, and Solo has a more powerful battery situation? This is an actual inquiry to anyone who has a theory? (@OF)

I like to use an inverted dome screen, grind / shred fine, cure, and pack tight for vapor so thick and tasty I wanna chew it. I'm not saying I don't get great vapor production from Solo, but not AS good. Air flow seems a bit better, even with the tighter pack. The dried weed and tight pack work well together, and the dome screen keeps the *flower puck* to about 3 or 4 mm's thick (not enough to restrict air flow when dry). This method will extract every drop for me, and with certain strains this will take quite a while.

Last edited:
Bravesst,
Reactions: OF

OF

Why can I get a better performance (as judged by my likes and needs) out of Air 2 than Solo 2, when the ovens are identical, and Solo has a more powerful battery situation? This is an actual inquiry to anyone who has a theory? (@OF)

A good question for pondering late at night. The battery is not a factor, Solo simply drives their two cells half as hard, same power. The ovens are similar, but not identical.

Ironically some prefer Solo to Air (me included).

Great to have choices in the market, isn't it?

OF

Buzzbomb Almighty

A good question for pondering late at night. The battery is not a factor, Solo simply drives their two cells half as hard, same power. The ovens are similar, but not identical.Ironically some prefer Solo to Air (me included).
Great to have choices in the market, isn't it?OF
I'm not ragging on the Air, but now that the novelty has worn off, I'm not using it much, (I think because it seems to want more charging than my Solos). Airflow is a bit of an issue but I can work up a good head of steam with gong and pinnacle, or even a bubbler. It's not better or worse, just different. Instead of just begrudging the space it takes up in my "work bag" I'll try to use it a bit today.

Buzzbomb Almighty,
Reactions: OF

OF

I still find the Air 2 the best of Arizer, and I know I'm pretty much in the minority on this. Air 2 just suits me...

Then by all means that's what you should use and enjoy.....after all that's why you bought it right?

Other people's opinions are simply other people's opinions, it's your call.

Regards to all.

OF

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hey gang !

I just got the Arizer Air II, after waiting forever !

I'm pretty happy, I previously had the original issue Air 1, with the tiniest holes.
Served me well, it went 1 year and 11 months before the board fried.
Sent it in to PuffItUp.Com for a quick and easy return. Got the replacement about oh a year ago I guess ?

So the Arizer Air II. I like it. The battery life seems to be longer (using the same batteries as I did in the Arizer 1), and the oven heats better.

I found that with the Arizer 1, at first heat-up, the oven would lose it's temp and the familiar blue light would flash, so I'd have to wait for it to heat up, usually after inserting a cold aroma tube.
Meanwhile my cannabis would cook off all the green.

Not so with the Arizer Air II ! Once it reaches my temp (I use 200C), it stays there, and delivers vapor like it's staying there, too.

Still in the testing phase, just got it yesterday !
However might impressed so far. Better airflow than the original Air 1, obviously, with these large holes and beveled out areas.

I'll let y'all know how it goes over the weeks and months of owning the Arizer Air II !

Vape on ! :bigleaf:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Actually, just to add to that, I got my Air 2 from Arizer.Com, and got the BOGO deal.

So they sent a 1.5 and a 2.0 .

Verrrrry stoked !

DJ Colonel Corn,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
So hey....

I notice now (was using my old aroma tube) that the short aroma tubes included with my Air II have a terrible high pitched whistle when I inhale on them.

Anybody else get this ?

DJ Colonel Corn,

LabPong

Actually, just to add to that, I got my Air 2 from Arizer.Com, and got the BOGO deal.

So they sent a 1.5 and a 2.0 .

Verrrrry stoked !

Actually....the BOGO deals Arizer has been doing with Air1's....are Air 1's...and not Air 1.5's.

Here is one difference....I have had all 3 versions of the Air. I enjoy the Air 1.5 quite a bit as it hits a little harder than my Air2 does....but with a bit more restriction.

Pic shows Air 1.5 (purchased in July 2017).....next to free Air (on the left) from a few months back.

Air1-Air2-Ovens.jpg

I am guessing they sold out of the 1.5 version and are not unloading old stock.

rvarick

So hey....

I notice now (was using my old aroma tube) that the short aroma tubes included with my Air II have a terrible high pitched whistle when I inhale on them.

Anybody else get this ?
Yep, mine does that too :rolleyes:. At least enough that my wife has commented that it’s annoying.

Totally unrelated, after being inspired by Troy/420VapeZone’s glass ball hack for the SSV, I bought the same 3mm balls and filled my Air II’s plastic tipped stem with them (took about 100). I dropped them in where the tip screws on, and then the tip keeps them in place. I’m impressed with the cooling effect that’s achieved, even at max temp. The airflow doesn’t seem negatively impacted at all.

Below is the ebay link if interested: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/113975336874

rvarick,

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
with Air1's....are Air 1's...and not Air 1.5's.

Heyyyyyyy
Turns out, I DID get a 1.5 as my BOGO air ! :rockon:
Yep, didn't wanna open the plastic, but you got me curious :hmm:, so I did.
Looked into the oven, and voila ! It has the beveled out larger air intake holes ! :rofl:

I'm stoked ! :brow:

Now it's time to :chill: with a good Air session.

Vape on !

:bigleaf:

P.S.

Yep, mine does that too

Wow, that's a serious error they've overlooked.
Wonder why they didn't adjust it after user comments ?

LabPong

I am guessing they sold out of the 1.5 version and are not unloading old stock.

I meant to type....... they probably are unloading NEW old stock.

Heyyyyyyy
Turns out, I DID get a 1.5 as my BOGO air ! :rockon:
Yep, didn't wanna open the plastic, but you got me curious :hmm:, so I did.
Looked into the oven, and voila ! It has the beveled out larger air intake holes ! :rofl:

Good to hear you got one of the good ones!

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Yeah I guess people moved over to the NewFuckCombustion.com site....
Turns out, looks like they've saved this one after all....
So I hope people come back.... bcuz this one is the one with the years worth of information in it.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
so that's why I don't see any replyes for some time now :-(. what happened :-(?

:peace:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
what happened :-(?

The main admin for the forum was missing, and the domain was about to expire.
So 'NewFuckCombustion.com" was created.
Now, the two have been merged !
Hopefully we'll see some postts here again !
:peace:

Aren't the factory units for Air II and ArGo the same as the ones in Solo II? Panasonic NCR18650B?

My Air II and Air 1.5 (BOGO deal) came with Samsung 35E cells in each of them. Pinkish-Purplish.

Last edited:
DJ Colonel Corn,

vapeguy

I was going to order more bags for my Volcano Digit when I realized I'd like to have a new portable vape, I do have the original Pax since 10 years and haven't used it in about as long, it was always a pain to use with the issue where you must hold the mouthpiece exactly right at all times or it stops heating.

After researching portables in depth over several hours and having owned a Solo (that I sold to get the Pax... whoops) I decided to get the Arizer Air 2.

What sold me was:
-Fairly compact (though not the most)
-Replaceable battery, I'm likely to want to keep it 10+ years, so this is a must
-The silicone caps to pre load the stems, I remember finding the load too small in the Solo so being able to bring multiple "glass vapor joints" is a big plus
-Precise temp control

I also like how if I'm with a friend we can each have our stem both for hygienic reasons and as to not have to split the small load between two.

I ordered it from a store fairly nearby so I expect to have it in the next few days, I haven't vaped on the go in so long.

Top Bottom