Arizer Air II

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Have you tried the plastic tipped stems? They also work quite well, with or without a bubbler.

I no longer use my WPA (although it too works well)

OF
Either way, plastic tip or Arizer WPA, in all reality, I'll very rarely use water. What I am doing is mastering the Argo along with the Air and Solo - dry.

Hi everyone,

I have an autoimmune disease and am very sensitive to chemicals and all that stuff. I tried the Mighty and I just did not get along with the plastic and do not feel safe with aluminum.

I've been looking around for vaporizers with a completely isolated air path and vapor path as well as mostly glass. Preferably convection but convection/conduction hybrid is ok. I liked how the Mighty hit in that way. I wanted to get the Solo II but I saw that it was not completely isolated. Although, on the Arizer website it now says it is completely isolated in the air and vapor path.

I've heard the Air II has an isolated air path and vapor path. I am wondering if the stainless steel is heat-rated and completely safe for vaporizing. I'm also wondering the path the vapor runs through. Is it all glass? It starts being heated by stainless steel and then goes through what? Is it all glass?

Any help you can give a sick, and confused person would be really helpful. I've been researching this for days and just want this to end.

Thank you!

Veritas0Aequitas,

rvarick

Hi everyone,

I have an autoimmune disease and am very sensitive to chemicals and all that stuff. I tried the Mighty and I just did not get along with the plastic and do not feel safe with aluminum.

I've been looking around for vaporizers with a completely isolated air path and vapor path as well as mostly glass. Preferably convection but convection/conduction hybrid is ok. I liked how the Mighty hit in that way. I wanted to get the Solo II but I saw that it was not completely isolated. Although, on the Arizer website it now says it is completely isolated in the air and vapor path.

I've heard the Air II has an isolated air path and vapor path. I am wondering if the stainless steel is heat-rated and completely safe for vaporizing. I'm also wondering the path the vapor runs through. Is it all glass? It starts being heated by stainless steel and then goes through what? Is it all glass?

Any help you can give a sick, and confused person would be really helpful. I've been researching this for days and just want this to end.

Thank you!
I chose the Air II over the Solo due to the isolated air path. I can’t comment on the steel’s heat rating but can confirm the air path - from material to inhale - is all glass/all in the stem. Air flows from the bottom of the glass stem upward through it on a draw. Hope this helps.

djurodjakovic

@rvarick, can you explain some more on "I chose the Air II over the Solo due to the isolated air path".
are you trying to tell me that solo2 has it differently than air2???

I thought it's the same isolated air path from anything?

also I live very much my new solo2 but I'm worried how long the silicom seals on top of the chamber will last because the stems go in pretty hard. I'm afraid I'll break the seals or they will start to crumble or something.
your thoughts?

djurodjakovic,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I also thought the Solo and Air airpath were identical, but I do feel subtle differences in the two units. Somehow I get a smoother experience, my best hits overall, from the Air 2, and I think it's my own ability (I'm just better with an Air). As far as different set up, I'm sure other's will know the exact answer to that question.

rvarick

@rvarick, can you explain some more on "I chose the Air II over the Solo due to the isolated air path".
are you trying to tell me that solo2 has it differently than air2???

I thought it's the same isolated air path from anything?

also I live very much my new solo2 but I'm worried how long the silicom seals on top of the chamber will last because the stems go in pretty hard. I'm afraid I'll break the seals or they will start to crumble or something.
your thoughts?
When I was researching the Solo II, I recall seeing some info here, on Reddit, elsewhere, etc. that suggested the Solo II air path wasn’t fully isolated from the internals, or there was at least some ambiguity on the subject. I understood intake air may pass over some internals briefly. Although I’d also seen statements shared from Arizer saying these were properly insulated or temp-rated and thus pose no concern.

When the Air II came out it was advertised clearly as having a fully isolated air path. That plus the removable battery and form factor is what swayed me towards the Air. That being said, I have trust in Arizer’s products and highly doubt they’d allow a risky air path for users IMO. Perhaps someone more informed on the subject can confirm re: the Solo II, or I’d expect a search in this thread or the Solo one could also provide details. I don’t think they have identical air paths though based on the info I’d seen awhile back.

Last edited:

djurodjakovic

This should be studied more. If there is even a slight chance of being in contact with internals I would go for air2. I'm sorry now that I didn't :-(.
changeable battery is also a bonus and considering I have 4 good ones left from focus vape that I have nowhere to use now...

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Air2, for me, continues to be my preferred Arizer. Short plastic tipped stem from 390 to 410 can give me any session I want. Sometimes I'll just set at 400 and sip for 15+ minutes. I loved the original (form factor), and I love Air2. I actually enjoy holding it, especially short stemmed. Lately, I'v been all about the Air.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
While others may have question, or info, when it comes to Air 2, I pretty much have nothing but praise. Not that I couldn't improve a couple of things (love the Solo 2 button set up), but for whatever reason, I can get the Air 2 to sing with just a bit of consistency in my process. I feel like a chef with a really good recipe.

My Recipe for Air 2 Heaven
  • My herb is shred (med tainer) to a medium grind and then dried under a heat lamp.
  • I use a short, plastic tipped stem, with an inverted crushed dome screen (takes up half the bowl).
  • I load pretty tight, by hand, right in my CVault. I press, tamp, pretty good, but try to create a hair of a concave dimple. I like to load each bowl right before use.
  • Sometimes I'll have turned the unit on, and insert as soon as tube is loaded
  • I set the unit to 400, wait for about 30 seconds after it hits temp and start
  • I sip, and get a real feel of what my breath is doing to the vaporization process
  • If I'm gentle / aggressive enough (Goldilocks), I feel like I can get my little flower puck to cook evenly, releasing nice vapor for sometimes the full 15 minutes, sipping at will, sometimes bumping up temp

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I double dipped, jumping on Arizer's bogo sale. Of course I picked up a carbon black Air2, with free Air. So suddenly, I'll have 3 Airs (2/1). The Air will probably be my wifey's, I have a feeling she'll like the colored lights vs knowing (or caring) about temps. One bowl will last her all night.

Air 2 has become my go to vape. I've always loved the Air form. Air 2's method and level of delivery suit my style perfectly right now. I'm very much into longer sipping sessions at this point, and I can get this vape to really produce, in just about any way I want. Bravo Arizer, as a fellow, albeit quite small, manufacturer, I applaud your quality.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Maybe I'm so high I forgot I reloaded, but I'm sipping with my morning coffee for almost two full 15 minute rounds and still getting nice sips. As long as I don't rush things, this can be my most rewarding (and practical) way for me to vape.

Sipping on .1g for a half an hour without having to stir or reload is quite impressive. This can be a bit hard on cells, as I have the unit running for a full half hour (or more if I do a second bowl), but that's what's so ridiculously awesome about swappable batteries. Who cares about cells!!! I have a dozen at $5 each (panasconic/ samsung) in the que and ready to go.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I am blown away by the fact that others aren't on this thread raving about the Air 2. I literally cannot recreate this relaxing, half hour sessions (two 15 minute sessions off one tightly packed load) on any other unit. I'd love to hear somebody else getting this exact result. I feel like I'm milking .1 grams for lots and lots of goodness.

Grind - pretty fine, but also be sure to cure to nice and dry
Stem - plastic tip stock, crushed inverted dome screen used many, many times
Load - pack, tamp pretty tight, with a small concave dimple to slow down conduction (or not)
Temp - round one: 400F, round two:410, sometimes I'll go up a degree or two at a time, sometimes not
Draws - I wait until about 30 seconds after the unit hits temp for my first hit, and holy shit is it thick. Draw should be slow and controlled, almost as if the suction you create really regulates what's cooking in the oven. I sip, but sometimes cloudage is inevitable (and very visible). Keep sipping (or ripping), either bumping, or just cruising. Smaller hits can be very productive, thick, tasty, and amazingly effective. I am probably holding off about 30 seconds to a minute between some hits, but I feel I need the time to *recover*, asses how I'm feeling. When the unit shuts down, I restart and do it again, no stirring. The more frequently I hit, the less I'll get out of session two, but there is always something very nice to be had at 410.

Great, great relaxing experience.

ArthurJ

I've recently become a big fan of the arizer line, I bought a solo a couple of months ago and immediately loved it.
Then I started reading about the argo, got one, and absolutely love it. I didn't figure I needed an Air, but then Arizer had the BOGO for Black Friday.
I ordered a solo II as a gift and an air II for myself, I intend to gift the 2 freebie airs to some combusting friends.

I really like the Air II. It's a great size and fit in the hand. Sometimes I like the added stealth of the Argo but the Air is often just right, it's really light in the hand. I like to start my session at 180c, I like to leave it in celsius, and I'll do ten minutes of that and get nice flavorful hits along away. I like how you can just sip, sip, sip away at it, or let it sit for a moment and then rip it hard.
When the timer goes off after 10 min, I turn it back on bump the temp up to 190c, a few minutes into the second heat cycle the flavor turns to a more roasted taste, but there are still clouds to be had.
After the second heat cycle, I'll examine the load, then start it back up and crank the heat to 220c, I'll get a couple more hits out of it, 3 - 5 min, some really smoky and stinky vapor. I'll really feel like I've squeezed every last bit out of my load. That's a good 25 min on one load, about 20% of a fresh battery. Overall, a really nice pleasurable experience.

One thing I really like with my arizers.
Sometimes I'll do one heat cycle at 180 - 190 c, enjoy the best of the flavor. Then spill that abv into the wpa and polish it off through water with either the solo or the Air II. I have some small water pieces and the Air II pairs real nicely with them.
So there you go @Bravesst, I'm with you man, a truly great device!

Dutch-Mic

After reading the reports from @Bravesst I tried the Air II in a shop in Amsterdam and immediately fell in love with the vaporizer.

I only did a short five minute session with the temperature at 180 c, but my first impressions:

- It's so easy to use. I dipped the stem in my grinder (the pack was a bit tight), put the stem back in the oven and just started sipping after a good heat soak.

- The vapor was cool and very tasty with the all glass mouthpiece. I'm not a cloud chaser, but I blew out some impressive clouds that I didn't expected because there was no 'throat feeling'.

- The session felt so relaxed! The effects were powerful, but not overwhelming.

I never thought that the Arizer portable line-up would fit my vaping style (I'm more of an on-demand microdoser), but the Air II is now on the wish list.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
My second Air 2 arrived, carbon black and beyond awesome. Buttons protrude a hair more, and they are bit easier to work. The unit works amazingly, right out of the box (brief burn off). I'll keep one for home, one for the road. Can't have too much Air, as I also got the Air 1 (bogo sail), and hopefully will find a use / home for it.

Bravesst,
Reactions: OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
My carbon black Air2 is my new best friend. I've started setting the unit at 5 minutes sessions, even if I do back to back to back sessions (without reloading or stirring), it kind of spreads out the session and the .1 gram over a longer period of time. I can I wind up sipping on one stem for a good hour. You just have to pay attention to it shutting off so you can take that last hit (love the beep). Right now I'm still getting clouds and taste at round 3. I'll be going for a round 4, although taste should start to wane. I look at this as one session with multiple rounds, and a good way to slow things down.

I love this vape...

LabPong

I load pretty tight,

This is why you are drying under a heat lamp.

I enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for the Air2 ! I also think this vape is so overlooked as well...

Just some of my 2.5 year experiences with the arizers.....

I store my flower at about 50-55% in large jars...so it is stable for a long time with moisture packs added if ever needed. I then store about 1-3gms in smaller glass stash jars or my fav small containers.... Jyarz!

The flower in the smaller jars will loose some humidity slowly..but I use them in 1-2 weeks so what I get is a nice place to start vaping at with a medium grind when prepping my vape session.

I pack loose to medium tamp-down in any of my arizer stems....argo, air 1&2. But I also use wpa's and go through water only. So using a stock stem and mouth pulling directly off the stems is much different than going through a rig of any sort.

Using the stock stems you can get much more torque on the load with your draws. This is why you can make your air work well with a harder packed/tamped load. You also seem to do more than one session with a single load...I always do the full load....so sometimes I may vary the amount or packing amount...but I use for pain and pretty much need multiple bowls at a setting....but I love 1 load using my argo in the morning with an water filled ash catcher and a j-hook. The air's work well with it...but I like having a bigger rig under the airs most of the time when I use them. D020 with a dropdown is nice for the air, argo, dynavap....ect.

LabPong,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
This is why you are drying under a heat lamp.

I enjoy seeing your enthusiasm for the Air2 ! I also think this vape is so overlooked as well...

Just some of my 2.5 year experiences with the arizers.....

I store my flower at about 50-55% in large jars...so it is stable for a long time with moisture packs added if ever needed. I then store about 1-3gms in smaller glass stash jars or my fav small containers.... Jyarz!

The flower in the smaller jars will loose some humidity slowly..but I use them in 1-2 weeks so what I get is a nice place to start vaping at with a medium grind when prepping my vape session.

I pack loose to medium tamp-down in any of my arizer stems....argo, air 1&2. But I also use wpa's and go through water only. So using a stock stem and mouth pulling directly off the stems is much different than going through a rig of any sort.

Using the stock stems you can get much more torque on the load with your draws. This is why you can make your air work well with a harder packed/tamped load. You also seem to do more than one session with a single load...I always do the full load....so sometimes I may vary the amount or packing amount...but I use for pain and pretty much need multiple bowls at a setting....but I love 1 load using my argo in the morning with an water filled ash catcher and a j-hook. The air's work well with it...but I like having a bigger rig under the airs most of the time when I use them. D020 with a dropdown is nice for the air, argo, dynavap....ect.
You nailed it, dry herb can be packed tight in the Air / Solo. I can rock the stem a bit to open air flow, but I usually don't need to. Without the inverted dome screen, I'd probably not pack so tightly. You describe the force of the suction as *torque*, but I know exactly what you mean. Plastic tip is great for this. It's like having the vapor in a headlock, you can feel the sheer volume of it as you pull. A great way to vape.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
My second Air 2 arrived, carbon black and beyond awesome. Buttons protrude a hair more, and they are bit easier to work. The unit works amazingly, right out of the box (brief burn off). I'll keep one for home, one for the road. Can't have too much Air, as I also got the Air 1 (bogo sail), and hopefully will find a use / home for it.

I love that the man who makes my favorite vape likes my other favorite vape. I just love Arizer products. Simple and easy to use, really efficient, and good overall taste. The Solos or Airs are what I hand to new vaporists, and they have been effective in getting folks into vaping. And they comment that it's a combination of the taste and simplicity.

And so easy to maintain. Empty the stems and brush out any debris in the oven right after using, and once in a while harvest the honey, rinse and repeat.

I use a medium coarse grind and fill and do a light tamp. No screen and rarely any scooby snacks. Great flavor. And I typically get 1.5 sessions per stem.

beyond6strings,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
What's not to like about this vape? Perfect compliment to my stuff.

Bravesst,
Reactions: OF

OF

What's not to like about this vape? Perfect compliment to my stuff.

Battery life? Stealth/form factor? Exposed glass stem? Load size? While I'm a fan of Air as well, it, like all vapes (especially portables) is a trade off/compromise deal. Some of that can be worked around, others a problem for some that limits it's appeal. It does do the basic functions at least 'reasonably well' of course and justly earns high points.

But just the "complement to my stuff" part above to me indicates some might like other vapes to cover the gaps. For instance I use Solo and ArGo a lot and Air very little since one or the other fits the job a bit better (IMO) usually. A great vape, for sure, but I do see others to have an edge (slight at it might be) depending on conditions?

Only way to find what works best for you is to 'try 'em all'.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Battery life? Stealth/form factor? Exposed glass stem? Load size? While I'm a fan of Air as well, it, like all vapes (especially portables) is a trade off/compromise deal. Some of that can be worked around, others a problem for some that limits it's appeal. It does do the basic functions at least 'reasonably well' of course and justly earns high points.

But just the "complement to my stuff" part above to me indicates some might like other vapes to cover the gaps. For instance I use Solo and ArGo a lot and Air very little since one or the other fits the job a bit better (IMO) usually. A great vape, for sure, but I do see others to have an edge (slight at it might be) depending on conditions?

Only way to find what works best for you is to 'try 'em all'.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

OF
Battery life on the Air 2 is pretty ridiculous considering you can swap, so as long as you have one charged, for me it's a non issue. As a matter of fact, I can be really tough on batteries the way I use the Air. Sometimes, I'll run it for 15 minutes, and even forget it's on, only getting a few hits early on, and have to run it through another full 15 minute session to extract. That's 30 minutes of battery life for .1 gram. Not really an issue, I have lots of spare batteries.

Compliments my stuff because I only make / own on demand devices. I like the relaxation of the *session*, and I'm enjoying that a lot lately. I like the Air form, and the exposed glass tubes, and the overall length, shape, weight of it. I find Solo too big and heavy, Argo too plastic, hot and square, and lo and behold, Air to is my Goldilocks, but I do use them all.

Okay, my personal cons: I wish Air 2 heated up faster, but right now it's not any different that Argo (Solo 2 kicks ass here). I wish the screen / buttons were also like Solo 2, but it's still easy to operate and control the session. I wish it had a session extender, or at least a session timer so I know where I am. Some vibration would be awesome! Holy crap, OF you are correct once again, as I just listed what's not to like for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom