Arizer Air II

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Been doing some serious research here. I figured I'd post in the AA2 thread vs S2 because I've been focusing mostly on Air 2.

When you have such a long term, intimate relationship with cannabis like I do, the perfect session matters. I want to load quick and get a couple of thicker pulls, maybe 3 or 4, with a bump up in temp for another 8 or so slow sips. All flavorful with a nice medicating effect off one bowl.

I can do this with the Air 2 and Solo 2, but not consistently, and it's a bit frustrating. What I need to do is narrow down what I'm doing right (and wrong). I think I get my best results with the shorter stems, either plastic tipped or not with Air, but I feel grind, dry, packing correctly is super important, and what gives me thicker vapor, even if only a few hits. I feel like I can find a *vapor wave*, if all is right and I pull just right, on those first few hits that can extract rapidly - very satisfying, but the better the rapid extraction, the shorter the session. With a 10 degree bump (say 390 to 400), I can sometimes still sip away for another 8 or 10.

I'm not concerned about blowing out big clouds. Thick vapor on the way in, sometimes results in not super visible clouds on the way out. I am concerned about fullness, smoothness, effect, and consistency.

I am also concerned my tolerance is pretty high, and it's hard to tell what's happening. Sometimes after stringing together a few bowls trying to create a great session, I find myself in a sweat, not sure if that means I'm too high, or just frustrated I can't repeat back, to back, to back, great sessions.

rvarick

Been doing some serious research here. I figured I'd post in the AA2 thread vs S2 because I've been focusing mostly on Air 2.

When you have such a long term, intimate relationship with cannabis like I do, the perfect session matters. I want to load quick and get a couple of thicker pulls, maybe 3 or 4, with a bump up in temp for another 8 or so slow sips. All flavorful with a nice medicating effect off one bowl.

I can do this with the Air 2 and Solo 2, but not consistently, and it's a bit frustrating. What I need to do is narrow down what I'm doing right (and wrong). I think I get my best results with the shorter stems, either plastic tipped or not with Air, but I feel grind, dry, packing correctly is super important, and what gives me thicker vapor, even if only a few hits. I feel like I can find a *vapor wave*, if all is right and I pull just right, on those first few hits that can extract rapidly - very satisfying, but the better the rapid extraction, the shorter the session. With a 10 degree bump (say 390 to 400), I can sometimes still sip away for another 8 or 10.

I'm not concerned about blowing out big clouds. Thick vapor on the way in, sometimes results in not super visible clouds on the way out. I am concerned about fullness, smoothness, effect, and consistency.

I am also concerned my tolerance is pretty high, and it's hard to tell what's happening. Sometimes after stringing together a few bowls trying to create a great session, I find myself in a sweat, not sure if that means I'm too high, or just frustrated I can't repeat back, to back, to back, great sessions.
After getting less than awesome or consistent results with my Air II, I started using basket screens (from Healthy Rips, for the Fury) in the stems. This made a world of difference for me, as it seemed to eliminate the ability for me to pack, or draw wrong. I place them in dome-first, which leaves the air holes unobstructed. Cleaning is easy still, and I haven’t noticed a dip in flavor, but did start getting much more consistently good results.

rvarick,
Reactions: OF

OF

I think I get my best results with the shorter stems, either plastic tipped or not with Air, but I feel grind, dry, packing correctly is super important, and what gives me thicker vapor, even if only a few hits. I feel like I can find a *vapor wave*, if all is right and I pull just right, on those first few hits that can extract rapidly - very satisfying, but the better the rapid extraction, the shorter the session. With a 10 degree bump (say 390 to 400), I can sometimes still sip away for another 8 or 10.

After getting less than awesome or consistent results with my Air II, I started using basket screens (from Healthy Rips, for the Fury) in the stems.

I too am a fan of screens. I typically use them 'dome up' so they cut the volume in half (give or take). This has the effect of avoiding the hard to heat part of the load (high up in the center). This means the heat is conducted into the load through a shorter path, with more 'surface area to volume' helping the process.

It's important to remember that Solo/Air/ArGo is a conduction deal, despite what some might think. This means heat can only come in so fast, making 'heat soaks' important.

Domed screens used this way mean you might need two to get the same 1/8 gram or so total, but the herb will be fresher and closer to the fire.

The screens are easy to clean (and not blocking the holes in the bowl means you need to do so much less often. I hook mine out with a bent safety pin (heat the pin 'glowing hot' with a small torch type lighter and tap or bend it over before it cools), slipping the hook down the side and rotating. Then hold it in a now disused 'roach clip', hemostats or whatever and heat it with the torch until it glows (it's SS and can take it fine), then brush the ash off, put it back and vape on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The same fellow sells other quantities, but ten will let you put one in each stem, give a few away and still have a spare or two for when you get a new stem.

Regards to all.

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Once again, awesome input. Thank you!

I just love the Air form, shape, concept. Finally getting more consistent results (albeit no 100%). I do always use a dome screen upside down, and smoosh it flat, cutting bowl size in about half, creating a nice little *flower puck*. I've been packing tighter and getting the results I want. I don't mind a bit of draw resistance when it's tied to a thick pull. With this configuration I can get a few really thick initial draws that are potent and flavorful, at 385 or so, and then bump to 400 and cruise for another six, eight, ten hits.

The high I get from Arizer products is full spectrum, usually delivered in flavorful sips. With that said, I still can't nail it every time. Some sessions are not the really rich, thick vapor I crave. In this scenario (slow start), I can usually crank up to 400 to 410 and coax a bunch more sips. In the end I believe I extract fully either way, and I love the effects.

The swappable cell of the Air 2 puts it over the top for me, especially now that I'm mastering the oven. I know I still have a lot to perfect, but this relaxed conduction based vaping is addictive. Unfortunately, it seems that all this *testing* has my throat and lungs a bit irritated, also getting a cold. Dare I say it, I'd like to try water, maybe with the Solo 2, for those special occasions, or when cooling is a must. Any suggestions for a very practical (somewhat lazy) yet ritualistic vaporist?

narrowsparrow

OF, do you clean your screens with iso? I would have to load a bunch of stems with that dome eating up the oven! I'm a clean freak like you, so I'm not sure about the number of times one can use a screen.

Bravesst: I got a Scout bubbler from Puffitup that just sits atop the 14mm Air attachment. The water made a BIG difference for me! I am 73 and definitely not up for respiratory irritation. And it's VERY easy to keep clean.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@narrowsparrow I don't see the Scout on Puffitup. I have seen it, can't remember where. It's actually not glass, correct?

Right now, I have my Solo 2 set at 375, with the wet down pipe cleaner. Sips are wispy, but that's the idea - cool and less dry. I am truly sipping slowly. I'm probably not gonna get punched in the face this way, but a lot better than no vaping. My bumps up will probably stop at 395. I could probably do the same thing on the Air, but was in a Solo mood, and with some reduced vaping, Solo will last all day.

I must confess, I love the versatility of Arizer products. I'm sipping away, no coughing!!! Today, with this cold, that's an accomplishment. Thanks @OF for the piper cleaner trick. Funny, things I was trying to get away from yesterday, is what I need a little of today, less can be more. Less visible, still tasty vapor that is super smooth. Off to browse bubblers...

Bravesst,

OF

OF, do you clean your screens with iso?

No, I don't use ISO. Technically, 'flaming' does a better job and is easier and cheaper.

All contamination is burned away, unlike solvent soaks.

I must confess, I love the versatility of Arizer products. I'm sipping away, no coughing!!! Today, with this cold, that's an accomplishment. Thanks @OF for the piper cleaner trick. Funny, things I was trying to get away from yesterday, is what I need a little of today, less can be more. Less visible, still tasty vapor that is super smooth. Off to browse bubblers...

Times and conditions change, Solo/Air/ArGo is versitle enough to keep up. You're quite welcome for the tip, glad you could put it to use. To be honest, the idea isn't mine, I stole it from the ThermoVape guys (the two principals were smart/well educated types), they made a MP extension with a porous ceramic sleeve you could run under the sink to saturate as needed. I started out with cotton cloth, but the pipe cleaner idea works better IMO.

Regards to all.

OF

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I popped 2/3 of a wet pipe cleaner into a plastic tipped stem and can really feel the moisture. With this config you have to remove the cap to insert. I'm not sure how often to re-wet, but my guess would be every session or two???

Another observation, my second bowl (if immediate and especially if I refill the current stem) is always better, I'm guessing due to the heat soak that happened during the first bowl. I can set temp lower and get the same vapor. The lower oven temp pours right into the load, with the softest pull. At this point *visible* vapor is secondary to the thickness of these stellar hits. This is one of the main reasons I like to keep working with one stem all evening. Normally though, I don't do back to back to back sessions - one or two tops, then pause. I am settling into this mode, great for watching TV. I can reload in 15 minutes or an hour, or maybe not at all. I'm learning to love the slower pace once again. I think it's a bit easier on my lungs, body in general. Did I mention I love Arizer and have an Argo on the way as well? I'll have the trilogy of Arizer portables.

Bravesst,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
When it comes right down to it, I keep coming back to Air (or now Air 2) with a plastic tipped stem, inverted dome screen - just like with Air 1. Other stuff happening all around me, but I keep pick up the Air 2.

I wound up getting all 3 Arizer portables, and a bubbler. Let me sum up.

I suck at water, wound up coughing first time out. I need some time to play with my new toy and master it. I tried it with my Air, had mediocre results, will give it a go with Solo tomorrow - I have a feeling this will come out on occasion, or for the wife, and I will get much better at it.

My Argo also arrived, first bowl was totally off, second bowl getting there. Gets hot in one corner, but worth the trade off for size. I just can't get Solo 2, or Argo to work as good as Air 2. I can't really explain why, but in the end, I get the best hits from my 5 year old configuration, only now with Air 2 - same tube, same screen, same pack, same draw. Somehow the Air set up fits me. Go figure...

I will try hard to keep all the Arizer portables in my overall rotation. They make a nice compliment to any vape collection that is for damn sure. I'm going to continue reading the Argo thread for more tips (especially on setting up stems), but I can improve quite a bit, same with Solo. With Air I feel very confident and in control. I do like the screen / interface of both Solo and Argo better.

narrowsparrow

We can all improve our collection as well as our technique. I am constantly working on the latter. Best of luck to you!

narrowsparrow,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I went to a slightly coarser grind, starting at 400, and tasty clouds for days. I am truly mastering the Air 2 for the way I like to hit it. There is a bit of subtle technique to take the Air 2 from a really good vape to a truly great vape. Now it's a matter of repeating this every session, and if I can, my Argo and Solo will get much less use.
Yay Arizer!

LabPong

I suck at water, wound up coughing first time out. I need some time to play with my new toy and master it. I tried it with my Air, had mediocre results, will give it a go with Solo tomorrow

What parts are you using to go through water? WPA and what rig?

LabPong,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
What parts are you using to go through water? WPA and what rig?

I used the Scope bubbler with a plastic tip short stem, using the tip as the adapter. Seemed to connect really well, it was me who really didn't know how to pull.

We can all improve our collection as well as our technique. I am constantly working on the latter. Best of luck to you!
Just did a bowl that was ehh. Yes, I was lazy and tired and got sloppy with loading, and sipping. My technique was a bit off. This forced me to reload, just to pacify my OCD and get it right, when normally a 4 pm bowl would probably be a single. Happy to say, with just a little bit of concentration, bam, right in the face with 5 monster thick hits before tastes began to fade. I could probably suck another ten out this, but I'm a bit spent. G'night.

Bravesst,

narrowsparrow

I used the Scope bubbler with a plastic tip short stem, using the tip as the adapter. Seemed to connect really well, it was me who really didn't know how to pull.

Just did a bowl that was ehh. Yes, I was lazy and tired and got sloppy with loading, and sipping. My technique was a bit off. This forced me to reload, just to pacify my OCD and get it right, when normally a 4 pm bowl would probably be a single. Happy to say, with just a little bit of concentration, bam, right in the face with 5 monster thick hits before tastes began to fade. I could probably suck another ten out this, but I'm a bit spent. G'night.
:rofl:

Nice to find another OCD person on the forum. I am world-class OCD!

narrowsparrow,

OF

I received my Air 2 early this week. Have to say this is a really easy device to love. Very nice in the hand, and very consistent temp delivery.

If you got it 'early this week' and it took you until Saturday night to let us know, I think it's safe to assume you've been enjoying it........

Great vape, for sure. Thanks for the post.

OF

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I have two Air II with a broken Display meanwhile. Not into blaming Arizer here, both time the user dropped it. It's more a sign of Arizers quality, both units are fully functional. But sadly a bit hard to handle without the display, it's not so easy for potheads to count and remember clicks :D

I know Arizer is doing repairs, but sending em from Europe and back simply makes no sense. Besides getting two used vapes from f&* customs.

Had someone ever got some spare parts from Arizer or are these displays not proprietary maybe and available on ali or some Chinese sites or eBay or so?
Wrote a mail to Arizer some days ago, but didn't get a response up to now.

Alex3oe,
Reactions: Bravesst

Serial_Vapist

Arizer Solo II Arizer solo OG Xvape Avant
That is great! I haven't yet seen a bubbler that can take 2 of these at the same time. Where did you find that?

I have had several arizer airs...still use an Air and Air2......in fact...I just setup one of my new favorite rigs to use with both of them. It works extremely well.

dualAirs.jpg

Top Bottom