• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Arizer Air II

OF

Let it heat at 205deg.cent. before inserting, then wait 2 min. , sip, 2min. sip.....
sip not rip, try it, bro.

Yeah! Long heat soak, sip and see. It can only make vapor so fast, try for more and you'll ironically foul it up. You have to use Solo/Air/ArGo within it's 'comfort zone' but once in that zone it can be remarkably versitle. It does many many things well once you approach it right.

"It's earned it's stripes" as the saying goes.

OF

Jeeshy

I got pretty visible vapor clouds on the lowest heat setting in my air 1. I bet your flower has alot to do with the cloud.

I did notice when trying to show friends my solo2, they never got big clouds despite my attempts to coach them:) so I think technique also goes a long way with the arizers.

EDIT: Also videos really never show the 15 second draw someone takes before spitting out those giant clouds :)

Last edited:

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Hey everybody!
I recently got myself "gainfully employed", as the feller says, and ordered myself a nice new whip for my Solo/Air 2 Bubbler setup from lamart, the people who sell the tubo-evic AFAIK:

IMG-20190612-164523.jpg

I plugged it into my normal whip (from the EQ) and now I can use my Pineapple base to hold the ashcatcher without folding the whip too much (and thereby restricting airflow).

Bubbles nicely, but I think I will get a new whip and cut it down a bit as this way it's a little too long and I feel like I need to draw harder. But I will do more testing :science:

Vaporhead99

I'm considering upgrading my Air to the Air 2 and I've read up to page 20 so far, I do have a question that I can't find an answer for at all plus official batteries seem very hard to find for the Air 2 so...

Can you use Air 1 batteries on the Air 2 and vice versa?

narrowsparrow

I don't think so. I have both of the Arizers, and when one went on the fritz I sent it back. Got into an email conversation and asked that same question. That was a couple of years ago, but if memory serves I was told not to switch the batteries. The AA2 batteries cost more, but they do last quite a while longer than the ones for the AA1.

LabPong

I'm considering upgrading my Air to the Air 2 and I've read up to page 20 so far, I do have a question that I can't find an answer for at all plus official batteries seem very hard to find for the Air 2 so...

You can use any unprotected 18650 in the airs.....it is just that the older air has lower quality and lower mah than the new green Panasonic ones.

You can get these newer batteries and use them in your Air1 or Air2, or Argo. I normally use them or LG H2's.

I get them from IMR in USA.

Here are the LG's

I have an Air1.5, Air2, and Argos.....I use either batteries in them but mainly the stock Panasonic ones.

rvarick

You can use any unprotected 18650 in the airs.....it is just that the older air has lower quality and lower mah than the new green Panasonic ones.

You can get these newer batteries and use them in your Air1 or Air2, or Argo. I normally use them or LG H2's.

I get them from IMR in USA.

Here are the LG's

I have an Air1.5, Air2, and Argos.....I use either batteries in them but mainly the stock Panasonic ones.
I believe other reputable sellers would be orbtronic.com, illumn.com, or lionwholesale.com as well. Just NOT Amazon or ebay.

OF

Yes. The new version of the 18650 cell will give longer run times between recharges, but either is fine in either Air.

Trivial point, since there is only one it's a "cell", not a "battery" (which is two or more of something working together, same as one cannon or an artillery battery).

Careful here. Not "any" cell is appropriate. They need to have at least 5 Amp delivery capacity. Most do, but some do not. This delivery capacity is in conflict with storage capacity (mAh), a trade off. The new Panasonic cell is currently the best available in this area (longest run time while still being able to safely deliver the current (power) we need). That's why Arizer uses it? Other solid cells, like the ones listed above, abound, but at the expense of run time between charges.

Therefore those with the very highest mAh have traded off against the current capacity we need.

FWIW I can't agree the original cell is of any lower quality, AFAIK it's a top notch choice, best available at time of release (which, again, is why it was selected). If you have them, no reason to not use them. New, I too suggest the current Panasonic NCR18650B. Same for ArGp. for the obvious reason.

OF

Vaporhead99

Thanks for the quick replies guys, really appreciated.

I will be getting the Air 2 sometime in the next 3 weeks (hoping to see a great offer before I visit Amsterdam at the end of next month) but won't be getting rid of my OG Air, that info means I won't need to buy any additional batteries for the Air 2 now as my three OG 18650's will suffice and I'll then have four batteries available for either device :tup:

narrowsparrow

My apologies for not being well-informed on this topic. Thanks to all offering places which sell these batteries. Arizer wants me to think I have to use their specific batteries which are really pricey.

narrowsparrow,
Reactions: OF

OF

My apologies for not being well-informed on this topic. Thanks to all offering places which sell these batteries. Arizer wants me to think I have to use their specific batteries which are really pricey.

At first they were. The OG Air were unique, basically a 'sole source' item. Our own @CentiZen managed to run the source to ground and bought a supply and was selling them for a time. Then the Panasonic cell made the market. Based on electric cars (as are many//most of the top choices), intended to build big packs where protection is built in and the individual cells in the battery are 'derated' quite a lot and cooling becomes very important.

Never intended to be sold to direct users like us, they all pass through some 'gray market' step. And there are counterfeits about. Even the best dealers, who make a sincere effort to only offer genuine product, can get sucked into a batch of fakes. There are only four real makers of quality cells, Panasonic, Sony, LG and Sanyo IIRC. Or is it Samsung? One of them is really part of one of the other makers........ And then there are 'overwraps'. Lots of the premium cells like in vape shops are overwraps of one of the top cells from those four. At the volume they run, they can't afford a factory of their own. Fun business I gather. I 'got into it' a while back. There's a gun on the web called 'battery mooch' or somesuch that really has this stuff down. Does some serious testing.

Anyway no real secrets as I understand it, at least not game changing. Lots of money in the car market to get things right. It's something like growing crops in an open field. You can only plant a fraction of the surface (store so much charge as a fraction of the volume) since you need to set side a fraction of the field for infrastructure (getting water to the crops, enough sun in, and have room for you equipment (including roads you only use a few times a year) around. This is like the percentage of the cell that has to be used for conductors for the current, insulators as needed and the package itself with it's seals.

If you plant long straight rows with few roads and narrow ditches you can grow more (store more mAh) but have to do so slower and more deliberately (like lower currant deliver potential due to fewer/smaller conductors and such). Like in life it's a trade off?

Back on point, sounds like you've a good handle on the battery (cell) issue. The older ones should serve you fine. Remember to avoid deep discharge and storing them fully charged (especially where warm) and you'll double or more their lifespan. Treat them well, and they'll make you happy time after time.

Regards to all.

OF

OF,

narrowsparrow

Thank you, OF. I admit that I have trouble understanding the proper use of these batteries even though I have read the FC link that has been posted about using them correctly. Is it better to not have two batteries, only one? Using two (both the purple and lime) means that I usually have one charged and one in use. The charged on sits OFF of the charger. But by the time I get around to using it, it has discharged some of its juice. Should I quit using a charger altogether? Just charge the one battey in the unit over and over? What is deep discharge? I usually recharge at just under 50%.

narrowsparrow,

OF

Thank you, OF. I admit that I have trouble understanding the proper use of these batteries even though I have read the FC link that has been posted about using them correctly. Is it better to not have two batteries, only one? Using two (both the purple and lime) means that I usually have one charged and one in use. The charged on sits OFF of the charger. But by the time I get around to using it, it has discharged some of its juice. Should I quit using a charger altogether? Just charge the one battey in the unit over and over? What is deep discharge? I usually recharge at just under 50%.

Deep discharge is much further than that. I tend to think in terms of sessions. Say four sessions per charge? While I tend to keep one cell in the unit, and charge there, I'm always near a charger. If I'm going to use more than one, which I do, I'll fully charge one (either in the charger or unit) then immediately enjoy a session (rather than keeping it fully charged. This leaves it say 80% charged? Nearly ideal for storage, so I'll pull it out and stash it and replace it with the next......which I'll use for another session when it is done? Kind of my duty to protect it you know, enjoying that session.

In broad terms discharging half way then recharging means the cell will last twice as many recharge cycles......each with half as many sessions? Kind of a push with your doing twice as much work? Just don't 'em flat (avoid using until Air 'locks out' at all costs) or fully recharging then stashing them. Both will erode the capacity and lifespan.

Then again, they're getting cheaper (and in some cases better) all the time so there's an argument to just do as you wish and replace them when they fail? Not like Solo where they're harder to swap out.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

LabPong

Careful here. Not "any" cell is appropriate. They need to have at least 5 Amp delivery capacity. Most do, but some do not. This delivery capacity is in conflict with storage capacity (mAh), a trade off.

You are correct....I should of stated the normal 15a + batteries we normally use in vapes. It is best to go with a cell that is 20a min.

LabPong,

OF

You are correct....I should of stated the normal 15a + batteries we normally use in vapes. It is best to go with a cell that is 20a min.

Yup, as we used to say in the Dynamite business, 'if some's good, more's better'. Or alternatively 'overkill is better than no kill at all'. Going with more than the five Amps necessary buys you margin (and slightly cooler running) WRT 'more powerful' cells.

However, in general, that higher current rating comes at the expense of capacity. Less mAh available. This is why the NCR18650B is the top choice. Panasonic gives us just enough current for our 'worst case' needs and devotes the rest to as much capacity as possible.

Life is a trade off, or a series of 'em.

Regards to all.

OF

aoaiwof

Been hitting my Air a lot recently, and I just watched Troy's vid
on the Solo v Mighty, I like how he has tips and stuff so I thought I would share one of mine, for clearing stems and improving airflow. Wait until stem is cool, then cap the end with your thumb and blow in. You will create pressure and can just create a small crack with your thumb to let air explode out of the stem. You can use this to clear herb out of the vent holes in the stem, or to dislodge material before tapping out.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello All,
It's been awhile since I've enjoyed Arizer products. I was an Air fanatic, and that is the vape that got me hooked on vaping. I discovered on demand vaping (a completely different animal), and started manufacturing myself. Recently, I've begun to crave a more relaxed session vape, and immediately returned to my old friend, and purchased an Air 2 (with a Solo 2 on the way). It took a day or two to get my Air mojo back, but thanks to this thread (and the Solo 2 thread), as well as some PM's from the infamous @OF, I think I'm back on track. I do love Arizer products and look forward to reading and learning more, as well as sharing my experiences.
Mike

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Got a new strain, but I'm still acclimating to the perfect *grind* and *tamp*. I always cure my weed (thanks to @OF 's advice from many year ago). I must have over tamped and got the *sucking on a milkshake feeling*. All my fault of course. This morning I took the same batch of ground / cured weed and loaded a bit looser - golden!!! Tamping too tight was a disaster, especially when curing and shredding.

I found myself wanting to pre-fill lots of stems. For whatever reason, I love the plastic tipped shorties. Before I buy more of these, I have a question about prefilling. Does the prepack hold up? Or in other words, does it vape as well as a freshly packed stem, or virtually no difference?

I did find quite the dramatic reduction in performance from just a bit of over pack, and while it's not hard to get it right, getting this wrong (draw restriction) kills performance. This mornings sessions were packed just right and spectacular!

Bravesst,

OF

I have a question about prefilling. Does the prepack hold up? Or in other words, does it vape as well as a freshly packed stem, or virtually no difference?

I do it a fair bit, and like it. Cap the open end and use them as needed. The short plastic tipped ones (there are two lengths) also fit 14mm GonG fittings for those who don't know.....

If you pack one too tight, try poking a bit with a wood toothpick.

OF

OF,

LabPong

Got a new strain, but I'm still acclimating to the perfect *grind* and *tamp*. I always cure my weed (thanks to @OF 's advice from many year ago). I must have over tamped and got the *sucking on a milkshake feeling*. All my fault of course. This morning I took the same batch of ground / cured weed and loaded a bit looser - golden!!! Tamping too tight was a disaster, especially when curing and shredding.

I found myself wanting to pre-fill lots of stems. For whatever reason, I love the plastic tipped shorties. Before I buy more of these, I have a question about prefilling. Does the prepack hold up? Or in other words, does it vape as well as a freshly packed stem, or virtually no difference?

I did find quite the dramatic reduction in performance from just a bit of over pack, and while it's not hard to get it right, getting this wrong (draw restriction) kills performance. This mornings sessions were packed just right and spectacular!

I started vaping with the Air as well.....still use it and my Air2 and Argo's. I only use with wpa in water rigs or bubble stems.

Have you used a wpa on a rig with your Air?

LabPong,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not really a water guy, never have been, always looking for a joint-like experience. I have been running my Air 2 a lot, ordered a few more plastic tip stemmed (always loved those), and enjoying the morning coffee and Air 2 combo. I'm also happy to report that my Solo 2 has also arrived. I love it's size, much smaller, at least in my memory, than the original. It's getting it's first charge, so I haven't used it yet. I see both units slipping right into my rotation. I am very excited to experience any differences. I'll report back.

Bravesst,

narrowsparrow

Well, I like a tight pack. I am definitely a ripper, not a sipper. I can get seven full draws off of a tight pack, and there is plently of vapor. I must be weird.

narrowsparrow,
Reactions: Bravesst
Top Bottom