Any reason why I shouldn't vape all day every day?

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will agree, Slightly Medicated.
People that meet me in person are often very surprised to learn I am an MMJ patient.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
"Functionally high" is what I like to call it. Deriving analgesic effects (pain relief) from cannabis requires a larger dose than say nausea management. This can be incapacitating however, especially for inexperienced or infrequent users. Being functionally high allows me to navigate through my day, whatever that might be, physical therapy, labs whatever. The Cloud works for me NOT because its cool or it gets me "wasted". I love the Cloud because it allows me to medicate to the levels I need, quickly, with minimal lung irritation and fantastic flavor, so that I can get on with my day.

Tweek

I've actually tried to skip the morning altogether and just tried to medicate as needed, but that was just tiring, and hard to predict, etc. So like you brother mvapes, I go down on Mary Jane first thing in the A.M every day.

salamanderfish

I've had several different usage patterns. Twice in my life I've blazed all day every day at virtually every opportunity.

Those times were outrageously expensive for me. I probably passed out at random once a week. I found oddly that I was actually much less relaxed overall and my ability to retain information basically went to shit. I could never make classes and appointments on time and I lost a lot of face. I even wasted my money failing classes (for example took accounting failed it took it again failed it again). MJ wasn't the only factor there, chasing girls inevitably wasted a lot of my time/energy but I definitely needed to start all over from square one. After my second attempt at that I took a six and a half month hiatus of complete sobriety.

I'm trying to find the sweet spot but I don't see myself vaping all day every day unless I have very little to do in my day to day. That's just me.

lwien

I consider myself fortunate that I don't have to medicate during the day to address any medical issues so for me, the only time that I vape is in the evenings after about 8 or 9 o'clock, which ends up being one session (2 to 3 hits) before my head hits the pillow 3 or 4 hours later for some night time z's. I also take about 2 nights off a week from vaping at all simply because I notice that if I vape 3 to 4 nights straight, my tolerance begins to creep up.

Works for me...........

Meghan

I am almost constantly medicated. My weekday routine is to vape in the morning when I wake up (and while I'm getting ready for work), vape again at lunch, then celebrate the end of the workday by vaping even more. On days when we have our kid (we share custody), I usually can't manage more than a very quick evening session before he goes to bed. But from about 9pm on, I basically chain-vape until I go to bed myself (so 2-3 hours). On evenings when we don't have the kid, I vape all evening, though I take 15-30 minute breaks between sessions.

Same goes for weekends...regardless of whether we have the kid, I always wake and vape (I'm nauseated every morning so mj helps me just get going). On kid weekends, I vape much less because I just don't have the opportunity. On kid-free weekends when we don't have much planned, I pretty much re-enact all the Cheech & Chong movies by myself. :tup:

Oh yeah...edited to add that despite being constantly medicated, I have a great full-time job, a stable relationship with someone who has no interest in mj, a fantastic relationship with my kid, numerous hobbies, and a number of personal accomplishments I don't really want to get into here (let's just say that I've fulfilled a lifelong goal seven times over). I've been told by many people that they can't believe I'm constantly stoned, and that I'm a poster child for busting the myth that potheads are lazy, unmotivated losers. lol

Meghan

I prefer sativas during the day, unless I'm really not feeling well. But I avoid the really sleepy indicas unless I'm planning on getting nothing accomplished. lol

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
See so that is what people don't get. There was this guy I know and after years of bitching I got him on sativa's about a month ago and it is doing back flips. He can't believe he can work now and get things accomplished.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I agree D - there's a time and a place for each and every strain. There's also temperature variations I use throughout the day. My morning sessions are usually at a very low temp. I find it to be a much more medicating high. Although I'm totally alert and lucid my body feels relaxed and comfortable. After playtime with my kids and dinner with the family it's fucking on donkey kong! Cloud city is what it's about, I've also managed to kick my insomnia like this.

ed_zps489e15e4.jpg

wallpaper

For me personally, after a while of daily vaping, switching to a sober mindset is just as appealing as that first stem after months of being vape free. They both have their time and place. I enjoy riding the waves :)

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Any reason why I shouldn't vape all day every day?

Issues I've had include, the constant repetition of heat and moisture coupled with the "drawing" on devices makes my mouth/tongue sore, lungs lose some topical performance long term, mornings take a minute as opposed to not every day, $$ spent, might feel /emotional/physical diff when not medicated ( could be cranky when sober), you may gain several extra pounds of fat from the dietary stimulus and of course your tolerance will go thru the roof in mere days.

But that's just me.

With BHO it doesn't make me hungry for some reason. Lost 10# in 2weeks!

Outlaw is going to waste away to normal.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I think having a full time job really helps with this!
No wake and bake here, maybe on weekends occasionally but not too often.

I vape exclusively at night and then it is only two to three small stems.
My tolerance for MMJ is quite low and has stayed this way consistently over the years, so i count myself lucky!
Since getting the HerbalAire i find that i just cover the screen with herb and that is enough to get me very medicated! I cannot imagine ever being able to finish a whole crucible in this vape!

Another thing i have discovered is that if you change up your delivery method and herb regularly you will keep that medicated feeling for longer!

I found i was getting used to my Nano since it was used everyday.
As soon as i switched to another vape that initial hard hitting feeling came back!

So now that i have collected quite a few vapes i find it easy to maintain a medicated state that serves me and my pain very well.

Another thing i have discovered is that if you change up your delivery method and herb regularly you will keep that medicated feeling for longer!

I found i was getting used to my Nano since it was used everyday.
As soon as i switched to another vape that initial hard hitting feeling came back!

So now that i have collected quite a few vapes i find it easy to maintain a medicated state that serves me and my pain very well.

That's really interesting that you say that. When I switched from the MFLB to the Solo, I noticed a big difference in the depth and longevity of that medicated state you're talking about. Didn't last, but I'm also an all day, every day (for now) vaper so that explains that haha. Even though remaining this way sounds appealing, I think I want to switch to a moderated schedule that is punctuated by peak high's rather than a constant, but lower euphoria. I guess it helps that it doesn't pinch my wallet as much that way, either. Also, I personally think that my body sees the sober state as the equilibrium state so I want to be sober a good amount of time too (this is a hard desire to appease if I have access to MJ, of course).

lazylathe

Almost there...
That's really interesting that you say that. When I switched from the MFLB to the Solo, I noticed a big difference in the depth and longevity of that medicated state you're talking about. Didn't last, but I'm also an all day, every day (for now) vaper so that explains that haha. Even though remaining this way sounds appealing, I think I want to switch to a moderated schedule that is punctuated by peak high's rather than a constant, but lower euphoria. I guess it helps that it doesn't pinch my wallet as much that way, either. Also, I personally think that my body sees the sober state as the equilibrium state so I want to be sober a good amount of time too (this is a hard desire to appease if I have access to MJ, of course).

Having a full time job helps out with the equlibrium you are talking about.
Since i only vape a few times a night, then sleep for 8 hours and then at work from 6am till 5pm and only after all that is done and we have cooked dinner, family time etc do i get to vape.
So i guess that is why my tolerance is really low!
And the power to say not tonight every so often helps as well.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Snappo

lwien

And the power to say not tonight every so often helps as well.

Yup. I used to vape every single night when I had my PD, but now that I'm using about 25 to 30% more bud with the LSV, I take a few days off each week. Now vape 5 times a week. Helps to keep the tolerance in check. It also help to keep my "will power" ramped up a bit as well. ;)

Top Bottom