• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Any Europeans on FC?

im not a robot

Well... some of my fellow UKers did the leaving, against my wishes - it's completely ruined my business and life in many ways... lost so much it's beyond comprehension. Absolutely devastating... I feel violated. I've thought about ending it all more than once. Quite seriously. Literally starting again from scratch in later life is no fun, but it's either that or give up entirely, and when it came to it I couldn't.

Sorry, don't mean to be depressing, but it really is depressing. No laughing matter.
no consolation, and this obviously doesnt help at all, but for what it's worth, brexit - to me - feels like a (hopefully) temporary confusion, & enveloping not the uk alone. i love the uk, i went to school there for a while, & feel forever indebted to its cultural wealth in music and art. there are so many facets of brexit that are so deeply unsettling, it actually brings tears to my eyes. the eu is most certainly not without a wealth of its own flaws, and i dont want to derail this thread and make this political. just want say that in my heart, the uk will always be a part of europe, i wouldnt know how to regard it any other way. i just hope reality catches up with that.

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
no consolation, and this obviously doesnt help at all, but for what it's worth, brexit - to me - feels like a (hopefully) temporary confusion, & enveloping not the uk alone. i love the uk, i went to school there for a while, & feel forever indebted to its cultural wealth in music and art. there are so many facets of brexit that are so deeply unsettling, it actually brings tears to my eyes. the eu is most certainly not without a wealth of its own flaws, and i dont want to derail this thread and make this political. just want say that in my heart, the uk will always be a part of europe, i wouldnt know how to regard it any other way. i just hope reality catches up with that.

Actually it does help, I need every bit of positive sentiment I can get - I think many people do.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words 😃

CurryLeafTreehugger

@Abysmal Vapor

If you're asking if I'm European, nope, and my earliest-arriving ancestors got here about 20,000 years ago, except for the branches that arrived at latest just prior to the Civil War.

I have been incommunicado for an extended period of time subsequent to a move, just saw this.

The state to which I have moved required me to put my "race" on my driver's license, and "mixed" was not allowed. Nor "human". Talk about racist.

Green Kiwi

Original grown up in Holland, but now very grateful living 'the life' in Aotearoa!
Still feeling European though......and still following the news there....and visiting twice a year till covid.but . I'll be honest I could not phantom living permanently back there
again,.....way way to crowded, way to religious, way to entitled to opinion.
still I miss history and buildings with a history.
but live here in NZ is so much less angry, less cold, less frustrated here, that NO, I won't trade that back in.
much love :leaf: .

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor

If you're asking if I'm European, nope, and my earliest-arriving ancestors got here about 20,000 years ago, except for the branches that arrived at latest just prior to the Civil War.

I have been incommunicado for an extended period of time subsequent to a move, just saw this.

The state to which I have moved required me to put my "race" on my driver's license, and "mixed" was not allowed. Nor "human". Talk about racist.
I seriously doubt that there many here who are not mixbreeds, since the barbarian tribe that came here from Asia to rain blood on the Balkans and establish a country were just 50 000 and the thracians and slavic people were times more ,so in my mind the term RACE is an anachronism.
I saw u ranting about the Polish president once,who deserves it totally,so i concluded that you might be from there,but quickmath doesnt always work .
Hope you have better time in your new state,regardless of the dark age classifications and such !
Cheers !

CurryLeafTreehugger

I seriously doubt that there many here who are not mixbreeds, since the barbarian tribe that came here from Asia to rain blood on the Balkans and establish a country were just 50 000 and the thracians and slavic people were times more ,so in my mind the term RACE is an anachronism.
I saw u ranting about the Polish president once,who deserves it totally,so i concluded that you might be from there,but quickmath doesnt always work .
Hope you have better time in your new state,regardless of the dark age classifications and such !
Cheers !
Ah yes, that colossal jackass! I'd almost forgotten about him. I swear its like there was a tin-pot-dictator virus going around prior to Covid. So many assholes got elected, not the least of whom was Our Asshole Who Still Won't Admit He Lost.

dimmusp

Aight, sweet, some team Baguette members here. 🥖
I love my French brothers and sisters. From the Netherlands here. 🇳🇱

Hi Europe! Hope we'll be able to turn the tide on those pesky medieval laws concerning our favorite herb.
Same here! Still waiting for the wietexperiment to start...

(Contrary to what many people think, weed is not legal in the Netherlands. The coffeeshops sell it openly but they have to buy the weed in the black market because it's illegal to produce and sell it. There was supposed to be an experiment with licensed growers in ten cities this year, but it's been delayed a lot.)

im not a robot

The coffeeshops sell it openly but they have to buy the weed in the black market because it's illegal to produce and sell it.
huh! i had no idea. it has always been like that? i did visit the netherlands' coffee shops on a number of occasions, and always assumed they sold legally produced cannabis. what does this mean for quality control?

im not a robot,

DonMarteng

In my opinion this heavily depends on the shop and be assured that some of these know their stuff.
But it also means that there is no official quality control and due to high demand in certain areas there is always a risk of contamination.
Go with the traditional shops and always ask the bud tender for his favourite strain is how I try to protect myself from bad weed :)

CurryLeafTreehugger

In my opinion this heavily depends on the shop and be assured that some of these know their stuff.
But it also means that there is no official quality control and due to high demand in certain areas there is always a risk of contamination.
Go with the traditional shops and always ask the bud tender for his favourite strain is how I try to protect myself from bad weed :)
I wonder if that explains my son's apparent total non-response to the ingestion of an entire Space Muffin years ago ... its the only time he's tried it and he said it did NOTHING for him. I don't know exactly where he went, but it was bound to be in a heavily-touristed area.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

bask

Still waiting for the wietexperiment to start...
Yeah, they better fucking hurry up. The current policy has been way overdue for an overhaul.

what does this mean for quality control?

Well, there isn't really any, except there are some quality shops that know what they're selling and have some trusted growers who win yearly Highlife cups for good stuff. Dizzy Duck in the Hague comes to mind.

Unfortunately my local shops don't know jack shit, but there are a few guys that kinda know what they're talking about. I just gotta be lucky they're working the moment I step into the shop. The shop that actually had high quality stuff and knew what they were selling closed, due to bs municipality policy. The permit has been pulled and no new one will be issued.

Any way, how's it going with the legal status in your country, fellow Europeans?

Last edited:

dimmusp

I wonder if that explains my son's apparent total non-response to the ingestion of an entire Space Muffin years ago ... its the only time he's tried it and he said it did NOTHING for him. I don't know exactly where he went, but it was bound to be in a heavily-touristed area.
Ah, he must have bought it from a souvenir shop. Souvenir shops only sell fake "marijuana" products, no matter how many cannabis leaves you see on their packaging. The only place where you can legally buy products with actual weed in them are coffeeshops.

Shadooz

Any way, how's it going with the legal status in your country, fellow Europeans?
CBD store pop-up everywhere since few years in france, preparing for THC opening...

Netherlands was always ambigous with its law. Low ammount are tolerate, the reason coofeeshop have to only kept a few in the store, the other part hidden..
Some in fishy smelly places...

Anyway, law have close foreigner sell in lot of southern city...
Breda was our coffeshop city before, (from north of france...)
Now amsterdam is a bit too far and expensive, but an S5 haze is still amazing

Since your law tightened, the grow market move to spain..

No we wait political move.
European cannabis law will greatly depend of the next french presidential election.
Not a Scholz(?) Priority..
Some french have it in their program, some not, another 5 years to wait maybe... 😔

Last edited:
Top Bottom