Anvil by Vestratto

Fox

It is strange that people are arguing over which steel wool to use to clean their vape components and even stranger that no one from Vestratto support is around here to represent some kind of support for their product. It appears Vestratto used this forum only as a means to promote and sell their product and now has no use for this forum.

From April 17, 2022 Sunday post:
“I use a heavy duty Scotch Brite pad and/or a mix of salt/flour and a bit of vinegar to make a paste. Also there is some stuff called Bar Keeper’s Friend.”

scotchbrite_480x480.png

At the end of the day if you want your Anvil to look brand new again its just a bit of elbow grease.

Cheers

John
I totally agree with you on the Vestratto. I think it's a shame that they are no longer involved here. (Or just a silent reader?) There's always something to learn, and tips are always welcome. Vestratto are you here???

Goatts

As fan of deep cleaning, I asked @Datoneguy how did he managed to clean so well the condenser since this is the part that gets dirtier and I think is worth to share:

Yo, so still have some stuff on it.
But what i found was holding the condensor in a very shallow pool of iso for a couple mins or 5-10 mins if your patient is a good start. I hold it there because i dont want the o-rings to get soaked.

Then i took a paper towel and would take the condenser out of the iso. Then i do my best to wrap the paper towel around it Then either spin the paper towel in circles around the condensor or i would make the paper towel wrap around the metwl lightly before spinning it in circles, or you could spin both in the opposite direction. Then i would dip in iso for 10-30 second and so it again, then i would just keep dipping it inso for a few seconds and repeating paper towel process. You can also out iso on paper towe if you want, just found it to dry too fast to be worth it.

So in summary, iso soak and a paper towel to wipe it off. Still a pain in the butt, but worked better than everything else i tried (mainly qtips).

That's a smart way to clean it! definitely better than qtips. Additionally, I've found a way to improve this and reduce the clean time to 1 min:
Just add to the papel towel a couple of drips of water, a pinch of baking soda, then wrap condenser head and spin. Press firmly with finger tip/nail while spinning. After just 1 min it comes spotless:

IMG-5584.jpg

This was almost black before:
IMG-5586.jpg
‘Mr Clean Magic Erasers’ - A $7 pkg on AMZ or from the dollar store will last you a lifetime cleaning these parts. No iso, water or detergent needed. Quick - 15 second job - Just rub or twirl the condenser around the pad and like magic it comes clean. Turbo the job by adding a tiny bit of ‘Bar Keepers Friend’

delta hotel

Got my Anvil April '22, and today I watched my dirty condenser screen go down the drain. Any idea where I can find another easily or if there are other options? I'm sure I saw someone note something else that fit at one point. For now I'll just deal with pieces falling through I suppose.

delta hotel,

Comfortably Numb

Got my Anvil April '22, and today I watched my dirty condenser screen go down the drain. Any idea where I can find another easily or if there are other options? I'm sure I saw someone note something else that fit at one point. For now I'll just deal with pieces falling through I suppose.
Dynavap SS screens work

Comfortably Numb,

condition

I totally agree with you on the Vestratto. I think it's a shame that they are no longer involved here. (Or just a silent reader?) There's always something to learn, and tips are always welcome. Vestratto are you here???
Most of the portables' makers are not involved in their threads.

Fox

Ich habe meinen Amboss April '22 bekommen, und heute habe ich zugesehen, wie mein schmutziges Kondensatorsieb den Abfluss hinuntergegangen ist. Irgendeine Idee, wo ich leicht eine andere finden kann oder ob es andere Möglichkeiten gibt? Ich bin mir sicher, dass ich gesehen habe, wie jemand etwas anderes bemerkt hat, das an einer Stelle passte. Im Moment werde ich mich nur mit durchfallenden Teilen befassen, nehme ich an.
I'm almost sure that it works without a sieve (with water filter). All the bowls I've emptied so far have had the material in place as it was before heating. Otherwise, a small stone (edgy) served as a placeholder, as it used to be in the bong, until a replacement was available.

Last edited:
Fox,

delta hotel

I'm almost sure that it works without a sieve (with water filter). All the bowls I've emptied so far have had the material in place as it was before heating. Otherwise, a small stone (edgy) served as a placeholder, as it used to be in the bong, until a replacement was available.
I've definitely been sucking pieces through without one, but I've got some more on the way.

delta hotel,
Reactions: Shorner

Roffa

I removed them. The XL Bowl doesn't have a screen anyway, and the one in the condenser I removed

Roffa,

Shorner

I removed them. The XL Bowl doesn't have a screen anyway, and the one in the condenser I removed
I tried that and get bits in my mouth, even if i press the bud more in the bowl.
I find a q tip with iso cleans the condenser easily, I hardly ever remove the screen for clearing.

Shorner,
I’ve still yet to remove the condenser screen or do anything to clean the Anvil beyond soaking everything in iso. I cleaned the oven with barkeepers friend one time and decided it was too much effort to keep up.

I don’t know how people are running with no condenser screen. Seems like you’d get tons of material falling through?

caliganja420

I’ve still yet to remove the condenser screen or do anything to clean the Anvil beyond soaking everything in iso. I cleaned the oven with barkeepers friend one time and decided it was too much effort to keep up.

I don’t know how people are running with no condenser screen. Seems like you’d get tons of material falling through?
I clean my anvils every 3-4 days religiously. I have to remove the condenser and do a hot ISO bath. Then I have to poke the screen out and Q tip both sides of screen, and then run multiple Q tips thru the condenser. I bet if you remove the condenser screen you will see it’s black/brown and that’s dried up alcohol and resin, filthy.

Fox

Dear people, be creative. We always have an individual solution. Not instructive, just encouraging... Does anyone know of an ultrasonic cleaner and does anyone know that you can hold a glass with another liquid (ISO) in this water bath, into which the vibrations are then transmitted?

Fox,

Datoneguy

How about zero support? Can’t even answer emails. No number to call etc..
Definitely bottom tier on that front. Other vapes i had issues with in the past (da vinci iq, mflb, ghost mv1) had better support overall, more stable communication at the very least. Was told i could send back my copper core last wedsnesday, i replied that same morning to get further confirmation of how to go about shipping it to them and to get shipping info, and i have yet to hear back. Sent another email yesterday to get the ball rolling again hopefully.

Ordered a lotus and convector this week, shop says both are being delivered within the week too. Ordered anvil parts at the end of july, now it’s mid august and im not convinced it has left vestratto yet based on what Shop says. Trying to figure out if my order is even attempting to head my way atm because i don’t think it is. I don’t want to ship my damaged copper core to them without further correspondence because im not convinced i’ll get a new replacement shipped back if my current order hasn’t even shipped to me lol.

Idk, im trying to push it in the back of my mind and just email every two days or so but i didn’t think sending a dozen emails would be a part of the process when buying new parts and getting a replacement part. I guess at least the shipping was free because i went over $125. I just wish they clarified free and very slow shipping so i could set expectations at least lol. Luckily the vape is good, but it’s too bad the support isn’t anywhere close to the same level of quality.

Last edited:

nicknobody

Definitely bottom tier on that front. Other vapes i had issues with in the past (da vinci iq, mflb, ghost mv1) had better support overall, more stable communication at the very least. Was told i could send back my copper core last wedsnesday, i replied that same morning to get further confirmation of how to go about shipping it to them and to get shipping info, and i have yet to hear back. Sent another email yesterday to get the ball rolling again hopefully.

Ordered a lotus and convector this week, shop says both are being delivered within the week too. Ordered anvil parts at the end of july, now it’s mid august and im not convinced it has left vestratto yet based on what Shop says. Trying to figure out if my order is even attempting to head my way atm because i don’t think it is. I don’t want to ship my damaged copper core to them without further correspondence because im not convinced i’ll get a new replacement shipped back if my current order hasn’t even shipped to me lol.

Idk, im trying to push it in the back of my mind and just email every two days or so but i didn’t think sending a dozen emails would be a part of the process when buying new parts and getting a replacement part. I guess at least the shipping was free because i went over $125. I just wish they clarified free and very slow shipping so i could set expectations at least lol. Luckily the vape is good, but it’s too bad the support isn’t anywhere close to the same level of quality.
Ya at least the vape slaps. It’s deff my heaviest hitter. Not usually what I’m looking for these days tho..

I got an order a couple months back and my shop never updated. It just showed up (on time) so yours might be on the way

nicknobody,
Reactions: Datoneguy

Datoneguy

Ya at least the vape slaps. It’s deff my heaviest hitter. Not usually what I’m looking for these days tho..

I got an order a couple months back and my shop never updated. It just showed up (on time) so yours might be on the way
Agreed lol. It’s definitely slaps.

Thanks for that info btw! Im hoping that might be the case for me too. Good to know it might just be shop not updating the order.

Datoneguy,
I clean my anvils every 3-4 days religiously. I have to remove the condenser and do a hot ISO bath. Then I have to poke the screen out and Q tip both sides of screen, and then run multiple Q tips thru the condenser. I bet if you remove the condenser screen you will see it’s black/brown and that’s dried up alcohol and resin, filthy.

Your post had me curious so I went ahead and popped the condenser screen out. Wasn't too bad under there. I ran an iso soaked q-tip through the condenser and it did come out with some black on it. Definitely not a ton of buildup though. This is the first time I've taken that screen out since I got the Anvil in April 2022!

Datoneguy

Your post had me curious so I went ahead and popped the condenser screen out. Wasn't too bad under there. I ran an iso soaked q-tip through the condenser and it did come out with some black on it. Definitely not a ton of buildup though. This is the first time I've taken that screen out since I got the Anvil in April 2022!
Also, since you took it out, check the part right where the screen was, should be a few rings of metal there and i found that the one where my screen was had a ton of bulldup that wasn’t too visible till i got it loose with a qti. I think it’d easy to miss. I’d be curious to know if you saw anything in that area or not. I didn’t notice it till i ran a qtip in circles in the area that holds the screen, that knocked some loose and revealed some hidden buildup. Def try if your screen is still out.

Last edited:
Datoneguy,
Also, since you took it out, check the part right where the screen was, should be a few rings of metal there and i found that the one where my screen was had a ton of bulldup that wasn’t too visible till i got it loose with a qti. I think it’d easy to miss. I’d be curious to know if you saw anything in that area or not. I didn’t notice it till i ran a qtip in circles in the area that holds the screen, that knocked some loose and revealed some hidden buildup. Def try if your screen is still out.

That area was honestly fine for me. No real buildup.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Datoneguy

condition

I soak in ISO first, then I soak in 2 cm warm white vinegar the condenser, the tip and the bowl, placing the condenser in stand position inside the glass, so the o-rings won't get soaked in warm vinegar. Afterward, I brush it with electric toothbrush, especially the base of the condenser.

I am quoting myself regarding cleaning. No matter how long you ISO soak it, it also needs some vinegar soak and some brushing to look almost new.

condition,
Reactions: Nebelmann

bhasma

Hello FC,
I have been hammering the Anvil for a year now, and it has never failed. With a little cleaning it still looks brand new. A short soak in iso to remove resin and Barkeepers Friend to quickly remove tarnish and restore shine. Never needed to take out the screens, and beyond an occasional iso swab the bowl requires no cleaning. Steel discolors with heat and after thousands of cycles the clicker housing and threads have developed a golden brown tarnish. The bowl itself is well isolated from conducted heat and remains untarnished, and the condenser shows no discoloration.
Vestratto has no explicit warranty and items should be inspected on arrival for defects. Their website states that used items cannot be returned.
The underside of the condenser head sits just above the oven base, but in disassembly as the oven pulls the condenser out the two surfaces are pressed together. An accumulation of resin can make the condenser hard to remove, in which case a dip in iso should release it. If the Anvil is left uncleaned for a year, however, any resin will be set hard and the condenser could be difficult to remove without force, and then both the condenser and the oven could be scratched as the oven is pulled and twisted against the stuck condenser. The Viton o-rings are safe in isopropyl alcohol and old dry resin will loosen with a longer soak.
The stainless steel and pure copper of the Anvil should not spontaneously fail in normal usage and any damage that suddenly appears is likely from user error. Bimetallic clickers can begin to degrade as combustion temperature is approached and they gradually click later with each overheating, but the Anvil's clickers are well calibrated and there is no need to ever heat beyond the second click. Only the o-rings might eventually need replacing but otherwise the Anvil should last forever.

Momor

Has somebody had the chance to compare there performances of the coppercore and duracore by any chance ?

Datoneguy

That area was honestly fine for me. No real buildup
Hello FC,
I have been hammering the Anvil for a year now, and it has never failed. With a little cleaning it still looks brand new. A short soak in iso to remove resin and Barkeepers Friend to quickly remove tarnish and restore shine. Never needed to take out the screens, and beyond an occasional iso swab the bowl requires no cleaning. Steel discolors with heat and after thousands of cycles the clicker housing and threads have developed a golden brown tarnish. The bowl itself is well isolated from conducted heat and remains untarnished, and the condenser shows no discoloration.
Vestratto has no explicit warranty and items should be inspected on arrival for defects. Their website states that used items cannot be returned.
The underside of the condenser head sits just above the oven base, but in disassembly as the oven pulls the condenser out the two surfaces are pressed together. An accumulation of resin can make the condenser hard to remove, in which case a dip in iso should release it. If the Anvil is left uncleaned for a year, however, any resin will be set hard and the condenser could be difficult to remove without force, and then both the condenser and the oven could be scratched as the oven is pulled and twisted against the stuck condenser. The Viton o-rings are safe in isopropyl alcohol and old dry resin will loosen with a longer soak.
The stainless steel and pure copper of the Anvil should not spontaneously fail in normal usage and any damage that suddenly appears is likely from user error. Bimetallic clickers can begin to degrade as combustion temperature is approached and they gradually click later with each overheating, but the Anvil's clickers are well calibrated and there is no need to ever heat beyond the second click. Only the o-rings might eventually need replacing but otherwise the Anvil should last forever.
I wish Vestratto had suggested this possibility a couple weeks ago when i emailed them. Idk if that’s what caused the damaged metal, but it’s at least a possibility.

I do want to clarify though for me specifically, i recently used the anvil for a handful of bowls before ordering new Anvil parts to try out. I ordered the new parts from vestratto and proceeded to clean the vape to prepare for the xl mouthpeice and other parts i ordered.

This deep clean of mine had a spotless mouthpiece, and a pretty clean condensor too when dissassembling (before cleaning it). So, that year of tbreak with the anvil stored must have been at least somewhat clean, otherwise i would have saw a lot of stuff coming off into the iso and the buildup would have shown in the condenser tube and mouthpiece. It was an excessive cleaning on my part and that’s how i felt while doing it, there was only some problem areas of cleaning the vape (namely the damaged copper core).

I appreciate you offering a possible explanation and i can’t 100% rule it out, but i will say that this deep clean i was doing was an already pretty clean vape overall. I believe i cleaned before storing the Anvil for my year longbreak, took it out for a handful of bowls after that long break without cleaning it beforehand. I hit the bowl and loved the experience. Then decide to get some new parts to expand my anvil experience in various ways. I deep cleaned the vape in anticipation of my order even though it seems clean enough by my normal standards, i wanted it pristine when trying the new parts, that’s what i do when ever doing ordering new stuff for a vape. I would clean out my glass for a wpa even if the glass had only seen a single dry sessions before me cleaning it again. My deep clean was unnecessarily deep lol, i get that the term implies a huge mess but that’s not the case here.

I won’t rule anything out, i feel like maybe i would have noticed the damaged metal when first getting the vape, but i did barely dissassemble it because i only only got the anvil a couple months before my break. So it’s not something I inspected numerous times because i juggled other vapes and only cleaned the anvil a couple times before packing it up.

Regardless, I was told they would be willing to replace my damaged copper core if i paid to ship it to them. I followed up saying I would do that but never got an email back with further instructions. I would have not been writing much further on here if Vestratto was more responsive and just provided more clarity overall. I wasn’t going to post anymore because i don’t want to bring down the vibes here like i have been, but the only reason i brought things here is because emails to Vestratto felt like tossing words into the void. This gave me at least some sort of feedback. Also, thanks to everyone that provided condensor cleaning tips, but i have an important question, why didn’t Vestratto provide me with those solutions instead? Why did I have to come here to figure out a way to even test if my condensor has something besides stubborn buildup going on?

I logged out of my account hours ago because I felt i was bringing bad vibes in and not letting others share this thread, and im sorry for that. But i do want to thanks those that tried to help me in various ways. I logged back in to write this because i at least want to defend myself here and explain things further, i felt i would look bad and felt misrepresented without clarifying my own particular situation in more detail.

So i hope vestratto stands by their own word and replaces my copper core. I know i’ve been overly harsh here and im sorry for that, but i do want to say that besides me wanting a working anvil again, i also want vestratto to succeed. In the end im grateful for what they’ve brought to the table for vaping. It’s an entirely unique device for me that plays with my personality in a way that feels both freeing and restraining all at once (im a temp stepper). I only have the Anvil and Vestratto to thank for that expansion of my vaping style.

But I come from a background of the MFLB, Da Vinci IQ and a Da Buddha. The Da Buddha i broke glass with by dropping it, I bought glass to replace it after accepting I had messed up lol. The IQ, Da Vinci replaced for me after a user error of me deep cleaning incorrectly, was genuinelly surprised by that one and i probably didn’t deserve it but Da Vinci did it anyways. Mflb i had replaced by taking a picture of my mflb after smashing it with a hammer, they sent me a brand new mflb that hadn’t gone through hammer time (i oversimplified the process for fun here tbh lol). Incredible cs from each experience and was always even better than i could expect.

For Vestratto, i don’t expect that level of giving, im willing to accept those are different devices with different costs and they offer different warranties. I get it. But I just look at the Anvil and i get that warm fuzzy feeling about it, and it sucks to not be able to at least say they will respond to you through emails in some sort of timeley manner and will help you as best as they can within reason. I can’t really say that about them atm, in the future, i have to recommend the anvil to people and then add in the qualifier that you better hope that you don’t have to deal with the cs though. and that really sucks to have to add that to the description of such a great vape.

So ultimately, i just want them to do better with future customers, i don’t want to see others bringing in the vibes that I have because the response time is 6+ business days instead of the 2 mentioned on the website. That can be prevented though. That’s the truth, and it doesn’t mean you have to hand out free anvils like old school mflb cs, it just means the communication needs to get better and better help should be offered (refer to consensor cleaning instructions on this thread).

Sorry if this all rambles too much, wrote this slightly toasted lol. But i wanna say thanks everyone for letting me talk your ears off these last few days haha. Im gonna bow out of my account for now and let the anvil thread move forward.

I hope Vestratto helps me like they said they would and I hope my order is still on route. I hope to be vaping on that anvil again sometimes soon, but for now, im gonna leave that to you guys. Enjoy the Anvil my dudes, peace :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom