Anvil by Vestratto

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
Some day @Vestratto is supposed to come out with a multi tool for this. We’ll see…

My ultimate multi-tool:

dHWMTxibZKNbXnxu.jpg

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Tweezers

jardri

Vapor Dreams
The Anvil continues to impress me after over a year of ownership. It just gets the job done, every single time. Pull it out of the case, load the bowl, heat it up, take one big rip (thru water or native, it's honestly great both ways), dump it, throw it back in the case, done.

Too much steps ;) my Anvil permanently sits at the bong now, with the magnetic cap attached. Its just so convenient to take the bong out, the lighter and the weed, vaporize and then store it again. Having kids being able to get flowerpot-level of high in under 2 minutes and leaving no trace is a dream come true.

StinKing

I haven't sifted through all the pages yet so I don't know if this has already been posted here.

I just got this Helix today and it is a very great stem for cooling the hot air/vapor that the Anvil can pump out.

Just accidently combusted while trying to push it and, while the taste was terrible, the vapor was still quite cool.

I highly recommend. I did have to get a slightly bigger o ring from my stash to get it to fit.

vapormt

I haven't sifted through all the pages yet so I don't know if this has already been posted here.

I just got this Helix today and it is a very great stem for cooling the hot air/vapor that the Anvil can pump out.

Just accidently combusted while trying to push it and, while the taste was terrible, the vapor was still quite cool.

I highly recommend. I did have to get a slightly bigger o ring from my stash to get it to fit.
I've been thinking of the same setup, glad I'm not the only one. brass has high heat capacity, this set up would cool better than other fancy $$$ 8mm stems

tokenknifeguy

How big of a bowl can the vestratto hold? And is it easy to vape a bowl and then immediately pack another, or do you need to let it cool down? I know with dyna's it can still be done to load up another bowl just after finishing one. Yes things can be a little hot but still very do-able. The Fusion I have is the same way.

And how is the vapor from native use? Is it real hot, too hot, not bad, etc? And about how long does it take to heat up the cap? Longer than the dyna? About the same as Dani's? Guess I'm wondering how much of a butane hog this device would be to use.

How big of a bowl can the vestratto hold? And is it easy to vape a bowl and then immediately pack another, or do you need to let it cool down? I know with dyna's it can still be done to load up another bowl just after finishing one. Yes things can be a little hot but still very do-able. The Fusion I have is the same way.

And how is the vapor from native use? Is it real hot, too hot, not bad, etc? And about how long does it take to heat up the cap? Longer than the dyna? About the same as Dani's? Guess I'm wondering how much of a butane hog this device would be to use.

Bowl size - Depends on which bowl you are using. For me, half bowl is .05 or less, full bowl is .075-.1, XL is .1-.15. It’s also gonna depend on your weed and how you pack it, etc.

You can do back to backs if you have multiple bowls loaded and are using a magnet tool to deal with the unit when hot. Or just wait for the cooldown click on your bowl. But yes, it takes a few minutes to cool down fully, certainly longer than a Dyna. If you do back to back, the second bowl will probably be a bit hotter since you’ll be applying more heat to the already hot oven. I’d probably avoid going past the first click on a back to back to avoid any risk of combustion.

You’ll get a bunch of different answers about how hot the vapor is native. Extremely subjective. I will say if you can handle a Dyna native you should be able to handle the Anvil native. Obviously your stem configuration is going to have a big impact on the vapor. I typically run the stock stem with XL mouthpiece and I find it tolerable with the proper heating technique.

As far as heatup time goes, again, it will vary greatly depending on your torch and technique. Anywhere from 30-50 seconds in my experience.

@GratefulDread I haven’t seen any direct comparisons yet but I highly doubt there is any noticeable difference in performance. I don’t see any reason why there would be.

leanpubpackage

Over 400 bowls with the anvil now. I understand why people say the anvil doesn’t produce the best flavor. My take is that this perceived fault is actually a huge strength of the device.

The reason the flavor might suffer is because of well the oven retains heat and as a result, thoroughly extracts everything from the herb, including the very tail end of what’s left in the herb. This tail end is really roasty and if clearing a bowl with one hit (especially RTL), it will add substantial roastyness which masks the terps. I don’t mind this profile but I understand why it’s not preferred.

If you take a shorter hits, the flavor of the first hit is very good, especially if you hit it natively.

Last edited:

caliganja420

I have used all 3 vestratto bowls, and the XL bowl is the best because you can pack any amount in it and it will fully extract. It can hold a good amount of herb, almost like a flowerpot bowl. Maybe .5. The bowl stays hot even with the magnet in it, takes about 15-20 seconds to cool down and click, so you can pack the next. Dynavap can’t store as much thermal energy so the anvil is gonna remain hotter much longer. For me the vapor is pretty warm native, but the XL MP helps a ton. I have settled with the revolve Gen 2 and USA because it’s very smooth, but still a little tingly at first. I like to RTL and get as dark as possible so it’s a bit hotter vapor. The Di Vetro WPA is amazing and highly recommend for $35 extra, that’s the only way the vapor stays completely cool and I can fully extract the whole bowl in 1 hit (with the revolve stem i can get 2-3 fat rips)

vapormt

Over 400 bowls with the anvil now. I understand why people say the anvil doesn’t produce the best flavor. My take is that this perceived fault is actually a huge strength of the device.

The reason the flavor might suffer is because of well the oven retains heat and as a result, thoroughly extracts everything from the herb, including the very tail end of what’s left in the herb. This tail end is really roasty and if clearing a bowl with one hit (especially RTL), it will add substantial roastyness which masks the terps. I don’t mind this profile but I understand why it’s not preferred.

If you take a shorter hits, the flavor of the first hit is very good, especially if you hit it natively.
can't agree more. I'm a front porch stoner, the "one hit and done with it" is excatly what I needed. I wait till kids are asleep, open front door, torch it, hit it, close door and come back relax on my spot for the night. That's how I appreciate the efficiency of the Anvil. If more flavor is desired, i.e. lower extract temp, torch it higher, it will click sooner with less heat stored. but in my experience, a lot good stuff is left(wasted) in AVB, I can get much higher just vaping that AVB to dark roast.

caliganja420

Why is the top of my ABV light green and the rest of it is RTL dark brown?? Can’t seem to figure out why. When I unscrew it, it’s a very light color and when I dump it, it’s perfect. Using VHB 3D

Vape_Or_Die420

Why is the top of my ABV light green and the rest of it is RTL dark brown?? Can’t seem to figure out why. When I unscrew it, it’s a very light color and when I dump it, it’s perfect. Using VHB 3D
The “top” of your bowl is actually the bottom. Airflow goes first through the screen inside, so the hottest air seems to cook more deeply further inside the bowl.

Really shows the convection at work

nicknobody

^
gotta love the durability and reliability of the metal torch vape. mine (not anvil yet) go with me on all my two wheel adventures

6/28 arrival 😶‍🌫️ I’m counting the seconds.

Also got a cc xeric on the way to pair it with

btka

I tried IH vs torch (zippo torch - similar to blazer Firefox)

Both work great…
Wand IH takes longer (you need between 60 sec and 90 sec till first click) then with torch… with torch you need between 20 sec and 30 sec till first click ( I aimed where the gap is, above the heating element which you normally aim for rtl…)
That’s where I try to aim with my torch https://www.youtube.com/live/WvKxiCw1VZs?feature=share (at 37:16)

I would say cloud size and amount is very similar , maybe you get one more cloud with the torch.. I use the half size bawl and get 5 more or less good clouds native out of this size of bowl…
Also with the wand Ih my first cloud is bigger then with torch… In my opinion. The wand heats all the heating elements and with the torch heat is building up slower (till it reaches the tip)…

Taste wise I am not sure which tastes better… have to experiment more and need more practice with the torch… but first of I thought wand ih tastes better.. but maybe my torch technique is not the best as mentioned before…

BTW I put the wand on a ceramic plate, then put the anvil inside the wand, so the anvil tip stays on the ceramic plate (hands free) till the first click…

How do you torch your anvil?
Where?

Flame length?

Is it better to heat it fast (big flame - shorter time till first click) or slower (smaller flame - longer time till first click)?

I like clouds but also good taste…
RTL for me does taste to roasted…

I have the duracore anvil I remember that I read somewhere that the duracore works better with IH then the og anvil… is this true?

Last edited:

DocNicksche

I agree...the RTL hit on the thermal battery tastes pretty roasted. Not what I usually look for, but sometimes, through water, I enjoy it due to the very good extraction and effect :tup:
But usually I too aim at the gap under the YA...to be more precise, at the top edge of said gap, almost directly at the YA. I use the ronx dual flame, with the single flame setting. Inner blue flame approximately the length of the oven. Takes around 20 to 30 sec usually until the first click. Good balance between the convection leaning tasty hit and the RTL bang!

Lately I came to enjoy the really tasty hits, when heating the upper edge of the YA 👍 right before the stainless steel part of the oven starts. Same torch settings.
I believe the anvil doesn't get enough credit for the nice and tasty hits it can deliver, but only for the capability to chuck out clouds with RTLing 🤷‍♂️

chillmike

yea I saw the guy I sold my fusion to resell it after a couple weeks and you definitely rarely see anvils on the exchange, the fusion was a bit overhyped for sure
well, it's a nuanced situation imho... the Fusion tip was an improvement/upgrade/evolution... the problem that affects everyone's view of it that are critical, are due to the same conclusions i discovered almost immediately, i believe: where they went wrong and flubbed the Fusion was the cap. they should have never changed the design of the cap and split the silver ring, in which resulted in nerfing it's performance capabilities. if you use the regular Dani v3 cap with the Fusion tip; that's the true Dani evolution experience people should be gauging their thoughts on it, cuz the new Fusion cap imho was an absolute mistake to be sold as stock instead of having it as an optional additional accessory to get in case someone wanted a more flavorful, less powerful experience.... im overdue on making a video on it (life shit has gotten in the way - im so backed up on vids for my channel lol). but yea - for anyone with a Dani Fusion who was disappointed with the experience - try the Fusion tip with the og v3 cap instead and just make sure to not thread it all the way to the end (not for getting locked like the v3 Dani tip does - you dont have to worry about the locking issue anymore with the Fusion and thats still the case even with the v3 cap) and not to tighten it til it stops cuz due to the Fusion tip's airflow and the way it was designed, you just have to turn it back a tad for the proper airflow pullthrough... regardless - highly recommend trying it out (i go like 3-4sec past click with a Blazer Big Shot or Big Buddy while spinning), cuz it's such a better experience and can really long-chug some fluffies.... anvil still wins tho lol (but i still reach for the Dani setup for a different usecase).

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
well, it's a nuanced situation imho... the Fusion tip was an improvement/upgrade/evolution... the problem that affects everyone's view of it that are critical, are due to the same conclusions i discovered almost immediately, i believe: where they went wrong and flubbed the Fusion was the cap. they should have never changed the design of the cap and split the silver ring, in which resulted in nerfing it's performance capabilities.
Yea I completely agree, I just went back to the v3ti instead,the bowl is smaller which is another con for me. but the fusion indeed doesn’t measure up to the anvil, buying the fusion plus a new cap starts getting close to the anvil price range

Top Bottom