Anvil by Vestratto

Greenleaf88

I made some new anvil stems, just a small batch in this design to see what people think. Doesn't have an airport, but I could add one if requested. these are new for this week just released.. and on sale for black friday. I also added a new section just for anvil accessories.

IMG_9262_1024x1024.jpg

Also about to drop some new anvil stashes in different woods, so there's more coming up this weekend - but I also take custom requests and can make them from almost anything in our new shop by wood list. This one for example is a marble wood slim XL that fits the stems above and also the anvil + xl mouthpiece. It's 1.75" wide without herb storage but it does have our mag tool inside + one of our stash tools.

il_fullxfull.4427453229_fzr1_1024x1024.jpg

I've been waiting for futo to make stems for the anvil, it's time to buy a USA.

One question though about the magnet seeing as the anvil is hot the magnet comes off was wondering if u managed to fix that?

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Vitolo

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Excited about the new @doug@futo Anvil stems. Confused as to whether the OG Anvil screw in tapered Anvil air adjustment valve is replaced by the Futo stem or remains and becomes part of the build?

One question though about the magnet seeing as the anvil is hot the magnet comes off was wondering if u managed to fix that?
Agree with @Petetbay, you won't need the USA. Saves you enough money to pay for the stem plus shipping with the BF discount! :tup:

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker

For sure it's possible to over heat the magnet if you're anvil is red hot it has lots of thermal mass so I recommend to let it cool for a min before contacting with any magnet. Having said that we use the same mags as our other stashes and all the DynaStashes and it's rare to have any issues. I do offer free repairs if you need a new magnet.
Excited about the new @doug@futo Anvil stems. Confused as to whether the OG Anvil screw in tapered Anvil air adjustment valve is replaced by the Futo stem or remains and becomes part of the build?

Agree with @Petetbay, you won't need the USA. Saves you enough money to pay for the stem plus shipping with the BF discount! :tup:

Right this design doesn't need an adapter.
@doug@futo also wondering whether these stems allow airflow control or if it’s just fully closed airflow by default?

Are the stems lined, and if so, what material is used?
The stem is mostly unlined, it's fit with a short section of aluminum tube at one end and some o-rings.

If it's just a sleeve why would he be offering a airhole wouldn't it be useless if it was a sleeve.
I made them all without an air port as the default, but could add one on request.

Greenleaf88

I just took a look and it's perfect it has the airflow piece there or wtv is called and u just have to slide the tip or thermal battery section with the condensor.
Next step is finding a mouthpiece that fits in there and I'll probably order one.

Greenleaf88,
Reactions: Vitolo

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
I just took a look and it's perfect it has the airflow piece there or wtv is called and u just have to slide the tip or thermal battery section with the condensor.
Next step is finding a mouthpiece that fits in there and I'll probably order one.
It's sized 5/16" the same as a dynavap stem so dyna mouthpiece will fit.

Momor

Confused as to whether the OG Anvil screw in tapered Anvil air adjustment valve is replaced by the Futo stem or remains and becomes part of the build?
Right this design doesn't need an adapter.
Sorry if I'm wrong but I think that's not the answer to the question.
Seeing the pictures I would say the tapered piece that makes the airflow adjustments on the original Anvil isn't part of the build with the Futo stem. You can see in the last picture that this tapered piece is still on the Anvil stem. The two red o-rings on the Futo stem seem to replace the ones that are on the tapered piece. And the metal piece where those o-ringd are on the Futo stem seems fixed, so for me, no airflow adjustments possible (airflow fully closed).

@doug@futo, if I'm right with what I said above, putting an airport on your stem would just dilute the vapor with more fresh air incoming, like with a VapCap and not really be an airflow adjustment like with the original Anvil stem ?

Sorry again if I'm wrong

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
Ordered one of the Futo Anvil stems, so I will let you know how I get on with it!
If I like it I will get another custom one made.

Really would like a lined stem though
Hey thank you, we'll ship it out Monday.

Any plans to make one with 416 stainless steel like the Anvil?
At some point I would if we were going into production on them I would bring in some lengths of stainless and break out our small metal lathe. We use aluminum because it's much easier to work with.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I think that's not the answer to the question.

Seeing the pictures I would say the tapered piece that makes the airflow adjustments on the original Anvil isn't part of the build with the Futo stem. You can see in the last picture that this tapered piece is still on the Anvil stem. The two red o-rings on the Futo stem seem to replace the ones that are on the tapered piece. And the metal piece where those o-ringd are on the Futo stem seems fixed, so for me, no airflow adjustments possible (airflow fully closed).

@doug@futo, if I'm right with what I said above, putting an airport on your stem would just dilute the vapor with more fresh air incoming, like with a VapCap and not really be an airflow adjustment like with the original Anvil stem ?

Sorry again if I'm wrong
I think you're right.

RedZep

Picked up the Anvil in late October. It has beat out my Bzero on the reach test 9/10 times. I now power my flowerpot whenever I want to use it vs leaving it on like i used too.

I didn't believe the folks who said this before I experienced it, now I know. Usually by now Id be back into my normal rotation with a new vape, not the anvil this thing is special.
Yeah when the novelty wears off the Anvil for most, it settles into the role of every day workhorse, and dominates reach tests.

It's my one vape I never think about selling. Indestructible, reliable, efficient, fast and saves money on electric bill (here in UK that's a big deal)

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Whoa, o.k, so I think this is one Sunday Post which deserves a repost right here . . . .

November 27th, 2022​

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
To everyone from our GREAT NEIGHBOUR TO THE SOUTH we’d like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I’m hoping that all of you have had at least a little time together with Folks you love. To share some good food, good cheer, and hopefully a drag from your ANVIL.

THE FORGE IS TAKING SHAPE
It has been abundantly clear to us that a top quality induction heater for the ANVIL has been one of the highest priorities. Personally, for me the FORGE development is a really satisfying project because it re-invigorates my own roots in medical electronics and signal processing. The FORGE takes a slightly different approach from the current market standard for vape IH units. First and foremost we have been designing an IH that we believe can give you an even better ANVIL experience than using a torch. You can see from the rendering, which still might change, that in no way could we constrain ourselves to having the FORGE fit in a pocket. To deliver the power and functionality Anville is looking for we needed a little more oomph. OK! A lot more oomph! OOOMPH!!!!

The coil and drive circuitry is contained in a tethered hand unit which releasably engages with an intelligent base. The intelligent base itself releasably engages with industry standard battery modules. Whether its a walk to the park or a weekend camping trip there is a replaceable battery pack for the FORGE that will have you covered. The tethered power delivery system gives you the flexibility to insert an ANVIL into the coil in the locked position or easily unclip and hover the coil around a WPA in your favourite glass piece. We are going to be sharing the use cases we envision as the hardware progresses.
Vestratto-Forge.png

FIRST BOARDS UNDER POWER ON OUR TEST BENCH :)

Vestratto-Forge-workshop.png
I’m often surprised that building the best and most innovative vape hardware is actually pretty hard work. Don’t get me wrong. Its fun as "puck", but that doesn’t make it easy. I have always been blown away by a quotation that has been attributed to Einstein. Whether he actually said it or not the message is crystal clear.

“Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.”
We received our first set of “as release boards” last week. While the delay was frustrating it turned out it didn’t impact me too much because I was flat on my back after COVID gave me a solid kick to the nards.

The FORGE topology is 100 percent proprietary. The significant thermal mass associated with our patented copper core oven, US11,399,574, has to be dealt with correctly or the sparks are literally going to fly. Its no secret that a significant part of the FORGE’s engineering has been getting the circuit and software working the way we, you, everybody wants them too. What you may not realize is that an even more significant effort will now begin to ensure that the FORGE “system” will operate in a stable, predictable and reliable mode for years to come. And also recognizing that we sometimes have one idea while you might have another we’ve included software hooks so that you can either use our presets or customize your own FORGE protocols for an optimal experience. Easy customization will also allow you to successfully heat competitor’s vapes as well as some cool stuff that we have on the back IH (used to say burner :) We honestly aren’t 100 percent certain when the FORGE will hit the market. The only thing I can assure you is that we will not release this “cake” until it is fully baked. Because that’s the point. We are all looking forward to getting fully baked ourselves.

CHEERS
JOHN

:popcorn:

:peace:

RedZep

Whoa, o.k, so I think this is one Sunday Post which deserves a repost right here . . . .

November 27th, 2022​

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
To everyone from our GREAT NEIGHBOUR TO THE SOUTH we’d like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I’m hoping that all of you have had at least a little time together with Folks you love. To share some good food, good cheer, and hopefully a drag from your ANVIL.

It has been abundantly clear to us that a top quality induction heater for the ANVIL has been one of the highest priorities. Personally, for me the FORGE development is a really satisfying project because it re-invigorates my own roots in medical electronics and signal processing. The FORGE takes a slightly different approach from the current market standard for vape IH units. First and foremost we have been designing an IH that we believe can give you an even better ANVIL experience than using a torch. You can see from the rendering, which still might change, that in no way could we constrain ourselves to having the FORGE fit in a pocket. To deliver the power and functionality Anville is looking for we needed a little more oomph. OK! A lot more oomph! OOOMPH!!!!

The coil and drive circuitry is contained in a tethered hand unit which releasably engages with an intelligent base. The intelligent base itself releasably engages with industry standard battery modules. Whether its a walk to the park or a weekend camping trip there is a replaceable battery pack for the FORGE that will have you covered. The tethered power delivery system gives you the flexibility to insert an ANVIL into the coil in the locked position or easily unclip and hover the coil around a WPA in your favourite glass piece. We are going to be sharing the use cases we envision as the hardware progresses.
Vestratto-Forge.png

I’m often surprised that building the best and most innovative vape hardware is actually pretty hard work. Don’t get me wrong. Its fun as "puck", but that doesn’t make it easy. I have always been blown away by a quotation that has been attributed to Einstein. Whether he actually said it or not the message is crystal clear.

We received our first set of “as release boards” last week. While the delay was frustrating it turned out it didn’t impact me too much because I was flat on my back after COVID gave me a solid kick to the nards.

The FORGE topology is 100 percent proprietary. The significant thermal mass associated with our patented copper core oven, US11,399,574, has to be dealt with correctly or the sparks are literally going to fly. Its no secret that a significant part of the FORGE’s engineering has been getting the circuit and software working the way we, you, everybody wants them too. What you may not realize is that an even more significant effort will now begin to ensure that the FORGE “system” will operate in a stable, predictable and reliable mode for years to come. And also recognizing that we sometimes have one idea while you might have another we’ve included software hooks so that you can either use our presets or customize your own FORGE protocols for an optimal experience. Easy customization will also allow you to successfully heat competitor’s vapes as well as some cool stuff that we have on the back IH (used to say burner :) We honestly aren’t 100 percent certain when the FORGE will hit the market. The only thing I can assure you is that we will not release this “cake” until it is fully baked. Because that’s the point. We are all looking forward to getting fully baked ourselves.

CHEERS
JOHN

That thing looks like a serious bit of kit. Like something you would find in an ambulance or operating theatre. Screams accuracy and reliability to me. Can't wait to see it in action.

I can see DV users getting one, resulting in them wanting an Anvil down the line.

My_50p_worth

November 27th, 2022​

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Vestratto-Forge.png

CHEERS
JOHN

Really not interested in this now, too big and clunky for my tastes with too many options. I’m sure a lot of people will love this, though

Was hoping more for a simple and compact unit that I can fit in a jacket pocket, similar to the wand

checkyourlibido

Really not interested in this now, too big and clunky for my tastes with too many options. I’m sure a lot of people will love this, though

Was hoping more for a simple and compact unit that I can fit in a jacket pocket, similar to the wand
Innovation is great though. I'm guessing a ton of people here will pick it up. Seems like a good way to bring in a little extra revenue as well. It also just looks like a fun project.

My_50p_worth

Innovation is great though. I'm guessing a ton of people here will pick it up. Seems like a good way to bring in a little extra revenue as well. It also just looks like a fun project.
Yeah exactly, I think the user programmability will be a big hit with users here too. Credit to John for trying something different

No hate whatsoever, just really isn’t what I look for in an IH. Hopefully we’ll get a simplified model using the same underlying tech at some point

Orvaxxx

Yeah when the novelty wears off the Anvil for most, it settles into the role of every day workhorse, and dominates reach tests.

It's my one vape I never think about selling. Indestructible, reliable, efficient, fast and saves money on electric bill (here in UK that's a big deal)
Same here, in house the B2 collects dust, Vapcaps aren’t even used anymore. Even picked up a second Anvil.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Same here, in house the B2 collects dust, Vapcaps aren’t even used anymore. Even picked up a second Anvil.
My collection of DV's have been idle since last April, and now boxed in a drawer. Anvil and Dani are both a major step up and each scratches a particular itch. With the USA I can use my expensive DV cooling stems now.

2022 has been great year for vape connoisseurs. :tup:

Top Bottom