• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

RedZep

How do you use it? With one heat cycle it will be hard to efficiently vaporize it I would expect.
I would do two heat cycles with it. One half way down for more flavour, then kill it in the second by heating at the battery. I already prefer doing this with the 0.1.

I only use a single heat cycle with the 0.05

0.5 is how much I dose with in a session. So just loading a single chamber would be awesome. Less messing around. I love elegance in the ritual. It's why I dropped using my dynavaps, as I just got sick of multiple reloads.

Last edited:

Old_muel

Yeah ive been holding off just coz of the steep price, despite desperately wanting to try an anvil, if just the oven along with or to fit a WPA was available for cheaper id be straight in. De-coupling the oven & body does seem like it'd be a good business move.

Old_muel,
Reactions: endof3d

caseball2051

Yeah ive been holding off just coz of the steep price, despite desperately wanting to try an anvil, if just the oven along with or to fit a WPA was available for cheaper id be straight in. De-coupling the oven & body does seem like it'd be a good business move.

A WPA anvil package was mentioned in the latest vestratto update for 179$. The update is linked below.

My_50p_worth

I'm a long way from being an IH expert, I've not even used one, buuut...

I hope I'm wrong about this for all the RTL fanatics but Im not sure how this would work without specific RTL settings on the IH? The susceptor is higher up the oven than the thermal battery where you would usually aim the torch for an RTL hit. The IH would have to heat up the oven to just before the click, wait for the heat to dissipate into the thermal battery, then heat again to make sure there is enough energy in there. Maybe this could be done with timings but that wouldn't compensate for environmental conditions, or an already warmed oven. On the other hand I could be completely wrong 🤪
Well I’m not too sure to be honest. I know guys like @fogbank can get a very dark roast with IH, but they are also going past the click and using a technique. Can you get a simple and consistent “drop and wait” RTL on click? No idea. The only person that really knows right now is John, but that’s if he’s even managed to achieve it. I imagine the eventual product will also have some teething issues.. maybe we’ll have a founders and users edition again - a paid beta of sorts

My IH understanding mainly comes from the DV side, which is obviously on the opposing end of the spectrum in terms of IH load demand. With those it’s a very simple thing of adjusting the insertion depth. You can also tune the heater to be more or less aggressive (less aggressive works best for a slow roast)

I only ever hit my Anvil RTL, so I don’t mind if John has to make the IH non adjustable to achieve it. I’m very happy using my torch but outdoors use will be so much better with IH

RedZep

I'm only interested in the IH as I'm excited to see John's design. He's special this fella. He might knock it out the park.

I never bothered with IH for Dynavaps. Thought they all had design flaws that needed to be worked out.

Greenleaf88

They have to make modifications to the oven in the Sunday Post it explains it all. So I do not believe it will fit in our standard oven.

Greenleaf88,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
How are they gonna do a .5 bowl? Longer? Fatter? Can't fit .5 in the oven presently
It's going to be fatter to try and thin out the herb a bit more. Pretty much a larger oven/chamber with some modifications.

So 5 times the amount butane too?
Im guessing a Bigger dab torch is going to be perfect for it, should be like taking a dab.

My_50p_worth

It's going to be fatter to try and thin out the herb a bit more. Pretty much a larger oven/chamber with some modifications.

So if I’m reading this correctly, it’ll be a swappable oven for our user edition Anvil’s and not an entirely separate vape?

If so I like this a lot more now. I’d definitely pick one up if it was just something I can throw on my anvil from time to time.. that’s so much easier to justify than an entire vape I’d only use a couple times a month

Also.. please call it the hammer. It bugs me that we have an anvil but no hammer ;)

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
So if I’m reading this correctly, it’ll be a swappable oven for our user edition Anvil’s and not an entirely separate vape?

If so I like this a lot more now. I’d definitely pick one up if it was just something I can throw on my anvil from time to time.. that’s so much easier to justify than an entire vape I’d only use a couple times a month

Also.. please call it the hammer. It bugs me that we have an anvil but no hammer ;)
I believe it will be a new oven/chamber combo that will work with the users edition, I will ask John and find out though. I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger 18/14mm stem with some extra cooling to help with all the vapour.
I always pictured a hammer head shark so I like that you ate thinking a long the same lines.

Choices

Nice idea although there is already a butane powered vape called the Hammer from a number of years ago, but tbf it's no longer in production. Discontinued Hammer vape thread is here for anyone interested.

:peace:
I still have a butane Hammer Pro. Interesting to think about how there are similarities in their design: 30-40 second heat up time using butane, smaller load ( 0.1 to 0.15 g), strong convection based hits, lots of user controlled variability. Price wise, not so much. Think I paid $35 for it back before they shuttered things. Perhaps I’ll get it out after my T-break and make a comparison for the purpose of science…:lol:

My_50p_worth

The hits on both are extremely similar, for the science of it..:tup:

That is such a strange looking device, I forget how weird and wonderful the older vapes were.

I’m guessing the integrated torch didn’t take off in subsequent devices due to the variability of flame size as both the device ages and fuel level changes

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
That is such a strange looking device, I forget how weird and wonderful the older vapes were.

I’m guessing the integrated torch didn’t take off in subsequent devices due to the variability of flame size as both the device ages and fuel level changes
The hammer was around for 10 years before he stopped selling them I think last year some time. I'm guessing someone is prally piggybacking the tech as we speak. You saw the hits from that thing and the abv afterwards, it's a special device right there!:nod:

Mods please merge last 2 posts, thanks!

Modnote: Posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbank

Otherwise, there is a simpler tool, cheaper and faster to heat that name .... a torch :rofl:
I seem to recall reading page after page in this thread discussing which torch, which butane, what flame length, where to point the flame, how long to heat, how to refill, how to purge, and how to maintain various torches for the Anvil. If you've got your torch(es) dialed in for the Anvil that's great.

I've got my induction heaters dialed in for the Anvil. To me they represent simplicity. :)

SillyNotMe

I seem to recall reading page after page in this thread discussing which torch, which butane, what flame length, where to point the flame, how long to heat, how to refill, how to purge, and how to maintain various torches for the Anvil. If you've got your torch(es) dialed in for the Anvil that's great.

I've got my induction heaters dialed in for the Anvil. To me they represent simplicity. :)
I seem to recall page after page discussing chamber sizes, grams, abv darkness…

Now there’s talk of a 0.5g

I’ll stick to short loads in my half chamber with two heats to a walnut shell brown.

SillyNotMe,
Top Bottom