• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

My_50p_worth

Finally I have cleaned my anvil after 2oz worth of flower has gone through it. Was a nice easy process aided by a 24hr ISO soak in the tube. One thing I notice now I’m hitting it clean - it feels no different airflow and performance wise to when it was heavily filled with condensate.

I do feel that it doesn’t hit quite as hard now though, the condensate that released each time had a fairly significant delayed effect IMO. I miss it already.

Might just run it dirty and only clean the MP from now on. The only real issue I had was leakage from the MP onto my lips

Roffa

Finally I have cleaned my anvil after 2oz worth of flower has gone through it. Was a nice easy process aided by a 24hr ISO soak in the tube. One thing I notice now I’m hitting it clean - it feels no different airflow and performance wise to when it was heavily filled with condensate.

I do feel that it doesn’t hit quite as hard now though, the condensate that released each time had a fairly significant delayed effect IMO. I miss it already.

Might just run it dirty and only clean the MP from now on. The only real issue I had was leakage from the MP onto my lips
I admit I'm an anvil slob. In my experience, the flytrap in the stem collects the most condensate, mouthpiece not so much. Often, only the stem and its flytrap need to be cleaned to ensure good airflow. Sometimes I just push out the stem's flytrap, clean that and vape the condensate with a bit of flower right away.

My_50p_worth

I admit I'm an anvil slob. In my experience, the flytrap in the stem collects the most condensate, mouthpiece not so much. Often, only the stem and its flytrap need to be cleaned to ensure good airflow. Sometimes I just push out the stem's flytrap, clean that and vape the condensate with a bit of flower right away.
Interesting… so my experience has been opposite to yours. The XL MP and corresponding fly trap gather a LOT of condensate, and once it is warm that then leaks out onto my lips. My stem and flytrap weren’t anywhere near as bad. The worst offenders when I cleaned were the MP and the condenser - everything else was pretty much fine

It’s amazing how hard it is to clog this thing though. My old DV revolve stem would take about a half Z before it was a real issue to use

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
and the second big cloud is the convection/radiation/convection
but, like you say, the second hit is where I felt the difference

Oh there's a second hit?! :shrug:
I've never used the Anvil in any other way than one 'n' done but perhaps I should broaden my horizons.

And I guess I really should break out the UE at some point as I'm currently still messin with the Founders. Also got an untouched XL bowl & mouthpiece so probably should give it all a go & maybe step up my Anvil game by a notch or 2.
As for the integrated stem - I don't even want to know!
Yet.

Wow that sounds like really good going. I can barely go a week or at a push, 2, without needing to clean the airpath in some way to free up air flow - & it does get completely blocked although as I mentioned earlier I am using the Founders & also, it is almost exclusively upright, on glass so perhaps gravity is playing it's part. My favourite method for a quick clean recently is to insert the pokey I got with my Elev8r (which is similar to a hat pin) into the mouthpiece end & then spin it around while pulling it out to gather all the golden goo. I then grab a pinch of ground herb between my fingers & also pinch the oil slathered pokey between the same 2 fingers and proceed to run it between them to mop up all the oil with the herb. Needless to say this sticky mass is then loaded into a vape for, what are from my perspective, some particularly huge & intense hits. Happy daze.

But I guess this won't be possible with a flytrap installed - though mopping it up with herb directly from the flytrap as @Roffa mentions above sounds good, too.

Wondering if anyone else has still not moved onto the User Edition or if I'm just a damn freak here, also?! :freak:

Stoney-Sunday-in-Anville.jpg

Stoney Sunday vibes 2 all
:peace:

Last edited:

Roffa

Interesting… so my experience has been opposite to yours. The XL MP and corresponding fly trap gather a LOT of condensate, and once it is warm that then leaks out onto my lips. My stem and flytrap weren’t anywhere near as bad. The worst offenders when I cleaned were the MP and the condenser - everything else was pretty much fine

It’s amazing how hard it is to clog this thing though. My old DV revolve stem would take about a half Z before it was a real issue to use
Yep, it leaks out. But it doesn't block airflow. In my experience, the condensate that's on the stem flytrap does cause blockage, because it's more viscous and it buids op. Often I just unscrew the XL mouthpiece, clean it with a pipe cleaner and some iso and screw it back on without cleaning the rest of the anvil (I'm an anvil slob)

My_50p_worth

Yep, it leaks out. But it doesn't block airflow. In my experience, the condensate that's on the stem flytrap does cause blockage, because it's more viscous and it buids op. Often I just unscrew the XL mouthpiece, clean it with a pipe cleaner and some iso and screw it back on without cleaning the rest of the anvil (I'm an anvil slob)
No it doesn’t you’re right, but like I’ve said nothing seems to block airflow for me. That’s with 2oz ran through it as well.

I do notice the bulk of the honey on mine to be just below the MP opening and just above the MP threads, but I wonder if that’s a result of mainly using it native? It’s interesting our problem areas are different.

I approve of your lazy man’s cleaning routine! I think in future I will do something similar - the anvil seems to hit better with a dash of “seasoning” covering the bare metal. I felt similarly with my old DV, but it’d get clogged so fast

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: Jah75

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
No it doesn’t you’re right, but like I’ve said nothing seems to block airflow for me. That’s with 2oz ran through it as well.

I do notice the bulk of the honey on mine to be just below the MP opening and just above the MP threads, but I wonder if that’s a result of mainly using it native? It’s interesting our problem areas are different.

I approve of your lazy man’s cleaning routine! I think in future I will do something similar - the anvil seems to hit better with a dash of “seasoning” covering the bare metal. I felt similarly with my old DV, but it’d get clogged so fast
Thats where i see most of my build up also, my fly trap will have some oil on the outer edges from the airflow but most of the reclaim is by the mouthpiece tip and the opening by the mouthpiece threads. I leave mine in a bong so im sure gravity is helping, once i see that then im usually cleaning. I hate gettin that stuff on my lips or hands, sometimes i use a qtip and pop it through the mouthpiece and give a quick cleaning while the unit is still hot.

My fav way of cleaning is to run hot water through the unit for a few minutes before an iso bath, i can see the oil dripping out when i run soem hot water through it. This makes cleaning a lot easier and will allow you to reuse your iso bath a few times, i usually have 2 jars going. I have my main jar i do the main soak after hot water then i have a fresh clean jar i do a 2nd quick soak before i rinse with water then eventually turn that jar into my main jar.

Knewt

I think part of the reclaim location is also due to how you let your Anvil cool. I have tried oven up, oven down and horizontal. I found that I preferred oven down, but I can’t even remember why now. My most used cooling stand is a solid copper rod, 1.5” in diameter, with a 0.50” hole in the middle. The Anvil goes in and rests on the thermal oven, and the copper mass cools it quickly.

DocNicksche

Oh there's a second hit?! :shrug:
I've never used the Anvil in any other way than one 'n' done but perhaps I should broaden my horizon.

😁 Lol! Yeah, for me, as I only have used it native yet, there is a second hit 😉 ...also a third and more if I puff on it in MTL Style 👍
But I'm also a bit of a lightweight when it comes to taking huge rips 🤷‍♂️

But, I have to revise my last comment about the first hit. After going through a few more bowls, and playing around with packing and airflow settings, I think it really depends on how hard or light you pack the Bowl... I found a real loose pack (just enough tamping to keep the herb from falling out) deleted that first toasty Hit and it was flavor-town from the beginning 👌

I'm not very interested in the new WPA. The stock unit works fine for water, I'm not too worried about shortening the path to reduce condensation. It sounds like you could build a water-only version of the Anvil for a bit cheaper than the stock unit though, which is cool. It's also nice that John plans to sell all components individually, including the oven.

3xFantasyChamp

I'm not very interested in the new WPA. The stock unit works fine for water, I'm not too worried about shortening the path to reduce condensation. It sounds like you could build a water-only version of the Anvil for a bit cheaper than the stock unit though, which is cool. It's also nice that John plans to sell all components individually, including the oven.
That's pretty sweet that the individual components will be available for purchase. When I received the integrated stem, I already had the thought of- "Well damn, with all these extra accessories and parts...I could damn near assemble another Anvil." lol. I have extra heat shields, bowls, and another stem laying around, so It'd be cool to be able to put together another Anvil.

GoldenBud

I've got the same opinion here, just put it on some 14mm female bubbler and welcome to volume land

My_50p_worth

I’m of the same opinion, don’t really care about the WPA. It already fits in a bong if I fancy it, plus If I want flavour I’m not hitting an Anvil anyway.

I am very happy I can buy an oven and build up a second anvil - I’ve got all the parts except oven and condenser.

The .5 seems like a fun party trick, but will just end up fucking my tolerance in an illegal country with jacked prices. Would love to hit it though, again just as a novelty

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah Anvil works great with water out of the box already. I can see it work with some dry pipes though, like a j-hook or maybe even wooden pipes with 14mm adapter (believe I saw them once but not really registered as I don't vape through wood), for balance or to keep the heat away from your face or those type of reasons.

The .5 bowl would be total overkill for me, the XL doesn't even add anything for me as standard seems just perfectly tuned for me. However a larger oven could be interesting, especially if smaller bowl sizes are possible as well. If the difference with current oven experience is sufficiently different because of the possibility of keeping the herb layer thinner.

My_50p_worth

Honestly I think I’m only really waiting for the IH (provided it allows for RTL hits on click and doesn’t require a complex ritual) and the helix bowl for my hash. I’m just so happy with the performance I’m already getting. It’s hard to improve something that is already this good, and sometimes you can make it worse just for the sake of change

It would be cool to see the oven and condenser redesigned so that they can be uncoupled, maybe that’ll be a design goal with the .5 Anvil. It would open a lot of doors for third party makers. Right now I notice a lot of the stem attempts have this sort of “bodged together” quality or just function as a replacement for the existing heat shield

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'm a long way from being an IH expert, I've not even used one, buuut...
Honestly I think I’m only really waiting for the IH (provided it allows for RTL hits on click
I hope I'm wrong about this for all the RTL fanatics but Im not sure how this would work without specific RTL settings on the IH? The susceptor is higher up the oven than the thermal battery where you would usually aim the torch for an RTL hit. The IH would have to heat up the oven to just before the click, wait for the heat to dissipate into the thermal battery, then heat again to make sure there is enough energy in there. Maybe this could be done with timings but that wouldn't compensate for environmental conditions, or an already warmed oven. On the other hand I could be completely wrong 🤪

someTooL

Being that gadget type person I am, for some reason the IH for the Anvil has no interest to me. Have gotten so used to and like the torch ritual. Do not share the same feelings regarding the Dv so that may change.

For the WPA, would like to hear more about the handling with a glass adapter. How hot is it? Seems like removing the oven when spent would be challenging. I turn my Anvil with oven facing down to remove and refill.

Top Bottom