Anvil by Vestratto

Goatts

What you need to install Simrell MVS stem on ANVIL:

- Extra Anvil Heat shield
- Thin rat tail file, fine grit
- Thicker o-ring to replace one under OG mouthpiece. I got pkg 50 from Amazo for $10 delivered: uxcell Silicone O-Ring, 8.5mm OD, 5.5mm ID, 1.5mm Width, VMQ Seal Rings Gasket, Red
- Simrell MVS or Simrell Blackwood stem.
- DV fat mouthpiece (optional)

1) unscrew Anvil mouthpiece and set aside. Remove o-ring near mouthpiece end (only One o-rig) and replace with new fatter o-ring. This fatter ring will lock the MVS in place when everything is installed properly.

2) MVS stem diameter is slightly too big to fit inside the extra heat shield. You need to file off about .001 around the inside diameter of the extra heat shield, the end without the threads. File off just enough inside the extra heat shield rim for the MVS to snugly fit inside the opening. Work in circular motions with the file. Go slow, check the fit and repeat. Very little material needs to be taken off the inside rim, takes like 30 seconds of filing. You won't see any file marks when installed, no worries it's invisible.

3) After filing is complete and MVS stem is able to slide into your extra heat shield, pull the MVS and extra heat shield apart.

4) Screw the extra heat shield onto the exposed mouthpiece threads - backwards from the still installed OG shield.

5) Tricky part - With extra heat shield now threaded on, slide the MVS into the hole and over the o-rings.
*** I find a very light lube of the MVS inner diameter end hole helps with the sometimes tricky 'slide and lock' install of the MVS over the fatter o-ring. Don't directly lube the 0-ring, it makes them stretch, you want em firm. I use a q-tip and a smidge of Eds Ass butter to lube the MVS inside rim.

6) With MVS sliding into heat shield and over fatter o-ring - give a few rotations of lubed MVS with very light pressure to lube the seated o-ring -- Now PUSH HARD & TWIST - You will hear the MVS 'click' into a locked position on the o-rings. Sometimes you have to fuck with this step a bit but trust me its worth it! SUCCESS!

It's really a simple modification to let you use a Simrell MVS or Blackwood stem on your Anvil ...... Made somewhat complicated by a wordy set of instructions. WTF you expect ... I'm baked! It's really a worthwhile addition to the Anvil if you have a MVS kicking around collecting dust. Makes Anvil native hits smooth and significantly cooler. Bong rips are supreme! Enjoy!

Last edited:

Ralph

The XL mouthpiece added zero perceptible cooling IMO. I would love to see some third party solutions to improve the native experience.

How long have you had it for? What has been your technique? My Reason for asking is the numerous factors that can influence your experience. My humble opinion is that the location of the flame, distance, type of lighter being used, humidity of flower, grind, etc.... really changes the outcome and it's so hard to give a definitive "one way works best scenario". I agree, my favorite way to use the Anvil is not using it natively. But I contribute it mostly from the lack of trying!!! The beauty of it is, no matter the outcome, it's so efficient that experimenting is very cost effective and I love the ritual!!!!

How long have you had it for? What has been your technique? My Reason for asking is the numerous factors that can influence your experience. My humble opinion is that the location of the flame, distance, type of lighter being used, humidity of flower, grind, etc.... really changes the outcome and it's so hard to give a definitive "one way works best scenario". I agree, my favorite way to use the Anvil is not using it natively. But I contribute it mostly from the lack of trying!!! The beauty of it is, no matter the outcome, it's so efficient that experimenting is very cost effective and I love the ritual!!!!

I've had it for a few weeks, and I was using the same technique that I use with the stock MP for comparison purposes. I don't see a noticeable difference between the two mouthpieces. I do enjoy the Anvil native and recently used it that way exclusively for weeks straight. I just think it can be better.

Ralph

I'm sure there will be many improvements in the coming months and years. I love the fact that it's modular and can be constantly tweaked. This thing is in it's infantile stage and my gut is there's a lot coming our way. Considering the fact that it is as good as it is for the short amount of time that its been on the market, to me is quite remarkable. I just bought a basically new Tetra p80 on the classifieds just because of the hype. While I appreciate it for what it is my gut is it will be listed shortly in the classifieds. I will give it the old college try, but I'm not in love like I am with the Anvil!

Ralph

Me too! I've owned so many vapes over the years and appreciate all of the good and bad. My most reliable and consistent vape over the years is my OG Mighty. I've owned this thing literally since the first week it came to market. The simplicity, reliability, precision, battery, above average taste, and it just plain works every time makes it hard to beat. For me , now it comes down to taste first. I'm in the boat that all these devices will get you where you need to be. The ritual and flavor is where I'm at now. I'm on the list for a nomad and will probably by the TinyMight 2 as well as the Freight Train Desktop or the like to experiment, but when Vestratto develops the IH for the Anvil. I'm done. Everything will be for sale except my Anvil!

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I use a q-tip and a smidge of Eds Ass butter to lube the MVS inside rim.
😳 I assume you meant Ed’s Bomb Ass Butter and not the, um, other kind.
marlon brando that face GIF by Maudit

Goatts

Everything I know about the Anvil I learned from this FC community. A BIG Thanks Fam for ALL the valuable insight and tips, much appreciated! I got my first Anvil in early May and have put north of a QP through it. It is a FN BEAST and has become the most beloved vape in my collection. It amazes me that brilliant and industrious minds like John can dream something like this up, fabricate, test and then mass produce it and bring it to market to a very enthusiastic group of users. Those who like the Anvil like it ALOT! I am one of those.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

So I received my order from vestratto, and as I’ve done in the past I’ll give a few first impressions of the new stuff. I try to be objective with these things.

The XL cap is as expected, an XL cap for the case. You lose the extra bowl storage but gain a stronger magnet. Fit and finish is just fine, and the tube remains the same total length which is ideal. With that said I’m still a bit pissed about the discount code removal on the sly.

I got two XL bowls and one standard bowl. Quality is there on all of them as expected. O-rings are O shaped and fit the anvil. Surprise.

So the main attraction was the integrated stem, I’ve always been drawn to a simplified design with simpler operation so I had to try it.

There were two goals with it: to increase the integrity of the oven-stem connection and to make changing airflow a more consistent and reliable experience. The stem achieves both of these goals extremely well.

I’m very happy with the firmer fit (no more wobbles!) and I’ve so far been unable to get the airflow adjustment to stop working so it’s obviously very solid too. For those that had issues with the previous stem I can say this one is a move forward in every way. Max airflow is the same as previous, too.

Last edited:

jivebuggered

It’s the turbulence caused by the opposing shapes at max airflow I think. Seems to extract more evenly and darker. I’m really enjoying this side effect of changing from the old slot design
Can anyone comment if using natively if its equal in coolness to say the Mighty or heaven forbid the Hopper? Thanks

jivebuggered,

Alligator427

It’s the turbulence caused by the opposing shapes at max airflow I think. Seems to extract more evenly and darker. I’m really enjoying this side effect of changing from the old slot design
When I look the pictures on the website, I have the impress that the max airflow is less open than the older design. That's maybe the reason why the avb is darker ? If I am right, it is not nice for a use with bong.

Alligator427,

Ralph

When I look the pictures on the website, I have the impress that the max airflow is less open than the older design. That's maybe the reason why the avb is darker ? If I am right, it is not nice for a use with bong.

Your impression is 100% incorrect. The airflow is even more open if you set it that way! I have all 3 Anvils Configurations, founders, users original and the new integrated stem version. The integrated stem is the best version of the Anvil yet and will eliminate any complaints about air flow adjustment. If someone can't figure out how to use it now, they should quit vaping anything and re-start kindergarten.

Alligator427

My impress come from the picture I have seen. But if you have the piece and you say that the airflow in the new system is better, I believe you.
The old system is not hard to use, but could be a lilttle bite floppy or have the airflow blocked sometime depend the situation. That's not the best airflow system I have seen.

Alligator427,

Roffa

Can anyone comment if using natively if its equal in coolness to say the Mighty or heaven forbid the Hopper? Thanks
I was a hopper user for a short time, before it broke down, and the Anvil, even without the XL Mouthpiece, is much cooler. The signature is more or less the same for the hopper and the anvil, I think.

Roffa,
Reactions: Goneja
The XL mouthpiece added zero perceptible cooling IMO. I would love to see some third party solutions to improve the native experience.

Just an idea: what about an adapter that’s threaded on one end like the stock mouthpiece, but the other end is sized to fit Dynavap stems? I’d love to be able to pop on a glass cooling stem.

letter never sent,
Reactions: bossman

My_50p_worth

There’s some pretty handy heating information in the latest Sunday Post, for those not subscribed it’s also on the Vestratto site

My_50p_worth,
Top Bottom