Anvil by Vestratto

My_50p_worth

So it doesn’t really do good with hash? Because I read somewhere it works good with hash. I am in the Netherlands and can get some good hash and want to buy it for this.
Depends what hash you have access to I suppose. Over here (UK) the more squidgy types are pretty uncommon and I imagine that the anvil works better with those due to reduced density

I find the anvil really struggles with that blocky type of hash that is common here. I’ve found somewhat of a workaround by using the XL bowl and sticking a little bit of hash where the screen used to be.

Saying that, I’m a bit of a hash head myself, and I’ve not found a better hash device than the Vapman! I’d highly recommend grabbing one of those (they’re MUCH cheaper and arrive at your door way faster than an anvil) and keeping it as a primarily hash device

Check out the Vapman thread, it’s a great time over there if you love hash

Roffa

So it doesn’t really do good with hash? Because I read somewhere it works good with hash. I am in the Netherlands and can get some good hash and want to buy it for this.
I live in NL as well and I sandwich a bit of hash between 2 pinches of flower. Excellent results. Using it with some superpolm at the moment, bought at my local shop.

GoldenBud

If it's a low grade hash, you can combust it easily, so be careful with the click.... and check how it looks/taste ofc....get the bubble hash although it cost like 40 eur for half a gram in Amsterdam? or better prices after covid?!

edit: for anybody asking if Anvil is Convection/Conduction/Radiation .... here's the answer - it based on Fourier law of conduction, as can see here in 03:55 , the beauty thing of the Anvil is that it has that gap, so it's not real "100%" Fourier law, for cylinders, the gap gives some radiation ... it's a clever thing and I do like it a lot ....it's clearly not 100% conduction but mostly conduction with a good signature of that Radiation .... about the equation Q=-K*A*dt/dr, well, the K value of Copper is like 10x times higher than Stainless Steel....

Last edited:

Orvaxxx

I live in NL as well and I sandwich a bit of hash between 2 pinches of flower. Excellent results. Using it with some superpolm at the moment, bought at my local shop.
I don’t like too sandwich my hash, prefere it pure. I use vape cotton or hemp fibre. I’ll try that way when I get an Anvil.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I been using it today for the first time. Switched for the integrated stem right away so can't compare, but I really like airflow with this setup. Have the normal and xl bowl and they are both nice.

Only tried natively and the vapor/device is in the tolerable zone, but in the end of it though (at least the way I used this short time). Taste is very good but that also has to do with the low standard vapcap has set for this type of vape. I like the integrated design vis-a-vis the flimsy tip and cap system of Dyna.

With all the extra shit coming out it can get a bit pricey I think, than again I love that there's the option to get the integrated stem which just happens to have a rather reasonable price tag imo.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I think the integrated Stem should be given free to all users who purchased the original.
Too many issues with the original design, my airflow piece gets stuck in the bowl piece every time, severely stuck. Always a major pain to get apart for cleaning time.
Anyways trying the new design it’s a lot better. I have 3 bowls and last night I did 8 bowls back to back, just crushing it! Lol. Been going through some heavy life stuff so have been medicating extra hard.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Yesterdays Sunday Post

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

caseball2051

I got my integrated stem in the mail. Sezzle makes it too easy.

Im enjoying the new stem. One thing I am enjoying about the new stem that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet is that it gives audible feedback about your draw speed that the original didn't. You can definitely hear your draw with this new stem and I like that.

I'm kinda annoyed that I need to track down my own 1/8in hex key to use with the new stem though TBH. How does vestratto not include a basic one if it works? They must be cheap in bulk and should be included until their tool is ready imo.

Orvaxxx

Depends what hash you have access to I suppose. Over here (UK) the more squidgy types are pretty uncommon and I imagine that the anvil works better with those due to reduced density

I find the anvil really struggles with that blocky type of hash that is common here. I’ve found somewhat of a workaround by using the XL bowl and sticking a little bit of hash where the screen used to be.

Saying that, I’m a bit of a hash head myself, and I’ve not found a better hash device than the Vapman! I’d highly recommend grabbing one of those (they’re MUCH cheaper and arrive at your door way faster than an anvil) and keeping it as a primarily hash device

Check out the Vapman thread, it’s a great time over there if you love hash
I have the Vapman and Station but I don’t do really well with hash but I think I’ll give it another try.

Orvaxxx,

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Is it worth getting the new integrated stem when I already leave the airflow open completely? Personally, for me I see no point in restricting the airflow, I just want fat rips and I like how it feels with it open completely already.

(Apologies if someone asked this already)

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Ralph

Is it worth getting the new integrated stem when I already leave the airflow open completely? Personally, for me I see no point in restricting the airflow, I just want fat rips and I like how it feels with it open completely already.

(Apologies if someone asked this already)

I would say absolutely yes. It makes the Anvil better in every way, especially dialing in the desired airflow.

Ralph,

Ralph

I don't think it has more restriction than the past itineration, but the airflow is better if you choose it to be and is much easier to adjust!

Ralph,

My_50p_worth

@HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

Unless you have issues with oven wobble I’d probably give it a miss if you run fully open. I also run fully open and I only got one out of curiosity and a slight case of oven wobble.

What @Ralph says about dialling in the airflow is true but with a caveat. It is easier to CHANGE airflow but it does restrict you to “big hole, small hole, both holes” as your options. The older stem gives you anything you want between almost closed and fully open. Max airflow is the same though, or at least similar enough you don’t notice a difference.

Also something I’ve not seen noted, the new stem has “vestratto” engraved on it - in my opinion it looks a little less clean than the unbranded old stem. Very minor point though, and subjective too

Either stem is just fine though, especially if you run fully open airflow

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
I think airflow is mostly preference; I like to keep mine mostly closed. Thicker vapor and easier to handle native IMO. Wide open is just too much hot air at once for me.
very interesting, I will try playing with it more through my bong and see what I get. Good point on the influx of hot air.

Never had issues with the oven wobbling

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,
Reactions: My_50p_worth

Ralph

@HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

Unless you have issues with oven wobble I’d probably give it a miss if you run fully open. I also run fully open and I only got one out of curiosity and a slight case of oven wobble.

What @Ralph says about dialling in the airflow is true but with a caveat. It is easier to CHANGE airflow but it does restrict you to “big hole, small hole, both holes” as your options. The older stem gives you anything you want between almost closed and fully open. Max airflow is the same though, or at least similar enough you don’t notice a difference.

Also something I’ve not seen noted, the new stem has “vestratto” engraved on it - in my opinion it looks a little less clean than the unbranded old stem. Very minor point though, and subjective too

Either stem is just fine though, especially if you run fully open airflow

I just tested the airflow again on both models and the new integrated stem is just a tad more open at that setting. I actually disagree as far as the either or. If you place your finger on the oven or bowl where the hole is and inhale while turning the airflow adjustment, you can feel and hear the difference as you are turning. If you do it slow enough it's really not either or but quite a large spread if you take your time and turn slowly.

Ralph,

My_50p_worth

I just tested the airflow again on both models and the new integrated stem is just a tad more open at that setting. I actually disagree as far as the either or. If you place your finger on the oven or bowl where the hole is and inhale while turning the airflow adjustment, you can feel and hear the difference as you are turning. If you do it slow enough it's really not either or but quite a large spread if you take your time and turn slowly.

I’m not too sure that it’s more open, it doesn’t feel that way but maybe it’s draw speed dependant? The best way to know (in theory) would be to measure the surface area that is uncovered when they’re both set to max. If that makes sense. A quick look at them now suggests the newer stem has less surface area

I know what you mean, there is some granularity in that you can set it to full and then turn left or right to partially close either the circle or square hole. It doesn’t compare to the older stem though, this thing can close in fractions of a millimetre as opposed to fractions of a shape.

Still prefer the newer stem though, I think the extra stability it offers and the fact it stops the adjustment getting stuck is exactly what was needed for a v2 of the stem. Maybe a v3 will come with time and merge the best of both :)

My_50p_worth,

Ralph

I’m not too sure that it’s more open, it doesn’t feel that way but maybe it’s draw speed dependant? The best way to know (in theory) would be to measure the surface area that is uncovered when they’re both set to max. If that makes sense. A quick look at them now suggests the newer stem has less surface area

I know what you mean, there is some granularity in that you can set it to full and then turn left or right to partially close either the circle or square hole. It doesn’t compare to the older stem though, this thing can close in fractions of a millimetre as opposed to fractions of a shape.

Still prefer the newer stem though, I think the extra stability it offers and the fact it stops the adjustment getting stuck is exactly what was needed for a v2 of the stem. Maybe a v3 will come with time and merge the best of both :)

I think we are only just beginning the see the evolution of this thing. I'm still amazed every time I use it. I have the Tetra p80 that I just received off a forum member that was used maybe 3-4 times and is perfect. It's just not for me. I'm waiting for the glass WPA that I ordered from Lamart and I will be putting it up for sale with a wooden WPA that I bought of ETSY that fits this thing like a glove and is a perfect match for the wood grain. It was an impulse buy, tried it once and it's just not for me. The one thing that I am amazed about from the p80 is how strong the heater is. I may give it my old college try again but it's not looking good.

GoldenBud

I think we are only just beginning the see the evolution of this thing. I'm still amazed every time I use it. I have the Tetra p80 that I just received off a forum member that was used maybe 3-4 times and is perfect. It's just not for me. I'm waiting for the glass WPA that I ordered from Lamart and I will be putting it up for sale with a wooden WPA that I bought of ETSY that fits this thing like a glove and is a perfect match for the wood grain. It was an impulse buy, tried it once and it's just not for me. The one thing that I am amazed about from the p80 is how strong the heater is. I may give it my old college try again but it's not looking good.
For me, Anvil vs Tp80 is like....... "hey, come and reduce a bit of my flavour, but give me tons of comfortness... (unbreakable, smaller, no batteries, looks like a missile)

So.. I can totally understand you.. people need comfort.. it reduces the VAS for sure...

My_50p_worth

Yeah man I’ve gotta be honest, I totally love this vape and got rid of a tinymight and multiple dynavaps and just use the anvil these days with a bit of Vapman for my hash.

I’m like you and it never ceases to amaze me how hard this hits. I think one thing we should all give John credit for is nailing the performance straight out of the gate.

Electric vapes aren’t really my style I don’t think, never seem to get on with them.. maybe you’re the same with the tetra

GoldenBud

Electric vapes aren’t really my style I don’t think, never seem to get on with them.. maybe you’re the same with the tetra
both mimic desktop 100%. Anvil after 20s, Tetra after 40s (once the glass is hot it's like a train)
but the tetra will make you replace batteries often, if you need the same hit as Anvil, you need to do it @ 235 or 240C, it will reduce the battery asap

My_50p_worth

both mimic desktop 100%. Anvil after 20s, Tetra after 40s (once the glass is hot it's like a train)
but the tetra will make you replace batteries often, if you need the same hit as Anvil, you need to do it @ 235 or 240C, it will reduce the battery asap
That’s what puts me off with the electric vapes. I remember with my tinymight I’d have to carry 4 extra cells, then remember to charge them all, it was a bit too much hassle for me. That and using it outside in a country known for rain

Anvil is just a metal tube, pot and torch. It’s reliable, hits hard and feels more “right” to me with the usage of fire instead of electricity.

Top Bottom