• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

androponic

vaped.
I have one of @Duba cases and that also has an extremely strong magnet.

I find with the stronger magnets you can’t just “snap” them off upwards, you sort of have to pull it off at an angle to make the magnet release the bowl from its clutches
you cant with the inner case magnet on the new style cap. its deep within a sleeve in the cap now with the added depth for the XL by removing the storage area on the old cap. you have to pull it out straight and i believe thats why the disc on the magnet surface is supposed to make weaker so its easier to pull it out.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

you cant with the inner case magnet on the new style cap. its deep within a sleeve in the cap now with the added depth for the XL by removing the storage area on the old cap. you have to pull it out straight and i believe thats why the disc on the magnet surface is supposed to make weaker so its easier to pull it out.
Ah yeah I get you now. That’s an interesting design choice. Those little key ring magnets have been the best ones I’ve used with anvil so far, they also double as a loading tool thanks to the “handle” it has

I’m looking forward to getting my XL tube cap with my parts order, if nothing else it’ll be handy to ISO bathe with overnight

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: Whiff
Does your inner magnet have a small grey disk attached to it? mine do and it seems to make the inner side of the magnet a bit weaker on mine. maybe yours is missing that disc, or you could add another to tame it even more. seems to me just a thin wafer of ferrous metal. just a guess. the outer side of mine are very grabby but i like that on the outer, at least for my use.

Yeah, mine has that too, but the magnet is still super strong. I did notice that tilting the unit before pulling it out seems to help, time will tell.

alex91

Those who bought the case and then asked for the free XL Cap cupom: do you have to send an email to Vestratto or it’s something it’s done at checkout?

Slartibartfast67

Thanks for the tip. I was using a zippo insert, which worked fine, but the reservoir is so small that you could only heat the Anvil two or three times before needing to refill. I upgraded to a couple of these, and they work fine and last longer between refills
I wish I'd heard about the Ronxs first. I'll probably pick one up at some point.
BTW don't buy these lighters I linked to-one is already dead.

Thanks again to bossman and everyone else who recommended the RONXS. I have one now and it is indeed awesome.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

$ 22.50 here

I also use the cheap Honest torches...you can get them from Sticky Brick direct or POTV under Sticky Brick accessories...I have bought from Ebay before but received knockoffs of the $ 6.00 Honest torch if you can believe that...
Got that Firefox and it's taking me some getting used to.

It's louder than the Ronx, the flame adjuster is just as over-sensitive, and the safety features are pretty annoying.

Do you break off that stupid safety on the ignite button? The red on/off switch and the little cock block safety on the black button are both redundant and unnecessary.

The pointy flame is way more adjustable and stronger than the underpowered PT4000 (I've tried two of those so far and they're too weak and slow). Still, I'm not impressed by the rtl capabilities. It just seems like a louder, more expensive Ronx where you have to do three things with one hand to light it:

1) switch from off to on
2) roll the awkward thumb safety out of the way
3) press the button without allowing the safety to snap back

If I'm able to pick an ideal flame size and leave it there then that'll be an improvement: I saw that you're supposed to keep the Ronx flame adjuster all the way off when not in use.

Knewt

It's louder than the Ronx, the flame adjuster is just as over-sensitive, and the safety features are pretty annoying.

Do you break off that stupid safety on the ignite button? The red on/off switch and the little cock block safety on the black button are both redundant and unnecessary.

The pointy flame is way more adjustable and stronger than the underpowered PT4000 (I've tried two of those so far and they're too weak and slow). Still, I'm not impressed by the rtl capabilities. It just seems like a louder, more expensive Ronx where you have to do three things with one hand to light it:

1) switch from off to on

If I'm able to pick an ideal flame size and leave it there then that'll be an improvement: I saw that you're supposed to keep the Ronx flame adjuster all the way off when not in use.
The child safety lock rotates on an axle, find the side with the smallest axle hole, and push it out. No more safety lock.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

1) switch from off to on

I have the Firefox and PT4000. From what I’ve read you only need to switch the flame adjuster off when filling.

I understand your issues with the safety tab on the Firefox, but a little practice, or snapping it off will deal with that.

Since I got an FMJ, I only use the Anvil’s .2g bowl, set the flame in the Firefox to full, point the flame at the bottom of the copper battery, and stop heating at the first click. I leave the air flow wide open. And I get 4-5 huge clouds and dark ABV.

You got this.

Question: Will Vestratto be offering the new condenser with air flow adjustment as a single piece, or do we have to buy a whole new Anvil to get it?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Is there a link to a place where I can buy one of these?
The Anvil? No, the site is vestratto.com but they only occasionally sell the expensive accessories with $25 shipping, the vape itself isn't in stock and hasn't been for a good while. There's a section with a weekly post about the nature of the delays but that's it lately.

I have the Firefox and PT4000. From what I’ve read you only need to switch the flame adjuster off when filling.

I understand your issues with the safety tab on the Firefox, but a little practice, or snapping it off will deal with that.

Since I got an FMJ, I only use the Anvil’s .2g bowl, set the flame in the Firefox to full, point the flame at the bottom of the copper battery, and stop heating at the first click. And I get 4-5 huge clouds and dark ABV.

You got this.
Thanks, yeah I'm more comfortable with the fiddly buttons now. I don't mind owning/using the Firefox but haven't found a flame setting where the Anvil performance bests the Ronx or differentiates itself enough to use the louder torch with the goofy buttons. I'll remove that child safety next.

Worth noting again that my use case is always a bubbler two hitter with the half or full bowl where I heat at the seam for the first hit and then remove the bowl between hits before heating on the lower battery the second time

SillyNotMe

XL cap users. Can you fit the cap if you drop your anvil, chamber first down the storage tube? Meaning, mouthpiece facing out.

SillyNotMe,

Petetbay

Read the Sunday post, looks like there may be product tomorrow Tuesday 12th, and the beta progress continues with some changes, not sure I’m going to commit yet. :sherlock:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Whiff Will I still be able to experience tight joint like native MTL hits on the new stem with the default three holes open position, or will there be too much air flow? What's your experience so far been with the new stem?

Definitely appears to be a more reliable, solid connection with the redesigned stem; and one less piece/joint is a bonus!
airvalve.png

unit.png

3xFantasyChamp

I haven't been keeping up with this thread or Anvil news lately. I didn't realize a new stem was coming out. I've been saying I don't think I really need anything else, but dammit I kind of want one of these stems haha. Guess I'll wait and see what you peepz think about them when you receive it.

jbm

I haven't been keeping up with this thread or Anvil news lately. I didn't realize a new stem was coming out. I've been saying I don't think I really need anything else, but dammit I kind of want one of these stems haha. Guess I'll wait and see what you peepz think about them when you receive it.
Will these be available as a separate purchase right away? And I wonder how much?

XL cap users. Can you fit the cap if you drop your anvil, chamber first down the storage tube? Meaning, mouthpiece facing out.

My cap doesn't screw on all the way if I do that. I wish I could cuz the magnet is proving to be annoying. It sometimes screws the bowl off entirely just by opening the case. Other times, if I try pulling the Anvil out without tilting, the strength of the magnet will pull the whole condenser out. It's frustrating.

I guess I could just go back to the stock mouthpiece and stock case cap since the XL mouthpiece doesn't add any cooling. I do prefer the balanced weight and extra body length for native hits, but I could live without it I guess. I think the aesthetics are better with the stock mouthpiece for what it's worth.

I dunno, I took a little break from the Anvil due to a vacation, and I'm not as enamored with it after coming back. It's proving to be a bit too fiddly, especially with the airflow adjustment. Yeah, there's a new stem coming that should fix that, but I don't wanna shell out even more funds and take another shipping hit for an incremental improvement. I know this stuff comes with the territory when you early adopt, but still, it's a lot of money to throw into a vape like this.

One other thing, I noticed my full bowl doesn't screw on as easily anymore. Even right after cleaning. Not sure if it's something with the threads or what. My new XL bowl has much smoother action. Anyone else notice this?

RedZep

Just wanted to update that I'm still using this device every single day. It's my trusty efficient workhorse. I normally get a little buyer's remorse creeping in this long after initial buy. But this thing is solid.

Going to pick up a nice glass J-hook for it next.

Top Bottom