Anvil by Vestratto

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
I don’t have the XL bowl yet, and I’m not really sure how or when I would use it.
TBH While I would love the XL bowl, I cannot see how someone can justify it actually being worth the cost. You can literally just pack and heat up a second full bowl in seconds. I white wall my 7" bubbler like 5 times in a row with one heat using the full bowl.

For this device the full bowl is all you need IMO. I can only see it being useful if you like using the device natively cause I find I get way less vapor whenever I don't use my bong.

Last edited:
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,
Reactions: Kudzu407

My_50p_worth

TBH While I would love the XL bowl, I cannot see how someone can justify it actually being worth the cost.

Well justifications are pretty subjective my man. What you can’t see, others can.. and vice versa

Me personally, I’m a big lover of the XL bowl. I find the little bit of extra conduction to be very nice, plus I can just put less in if I want a smaller hit. Of course, if you don’t find your current setup lacking that’s great too :)

Once John fixes the shop (what’s even up with that? Anyone know? I’ve had a bit of a break from here a couple weeks) I’ll probably buy a few more XL bowls and that’ll be it outside of the occasional O-ring replacement

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
A beastly pair to kick off the 4th weekend.
29-C7686-F-E37-E-401-B-828-E-6-C75-FE18183-F.jpg

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Had to take a week break from the Anvil cuz i contracted the omicronic
It was a hard time, lol
but I’m just about back baby!
So I ordered one of the Futo SlimXL stash, they have a new sale for CanadaDay so you can get a dyna Futostash for free with purchase.

Happy CanadabisDay
Happy 4th Long
Lets get it!

Glorg

TBH While I would love the XL bowl, I cannot see how someone can justify it actually being worth the cost.

Xl bowl gives a different flavour profile depending on heat technique and a much better setup to stack hash flags on as you can put the hash right on the inside metal tip and then backfill the bowl with herb, the direct metal contact is all on the hash which helps “dab” it better and gives really solid extraction for those type of hits, you can really get some massive blasts like this. Justifying cost of anything is entirely personal but it’s not a “just use two normal ones” = the same thing scenario.

caliganja420

I have been using my anvil everyday since April. recently got a new one again, and tried not to combust on this unit. I had a lot of issues in the first few weeks with combustion, and eventually it stopped. last night I tried the regular full bowl for the first time on my unit. I combusted 3-4 times in a row. I use the same torch and same heating technique, nothing new. to me it is utterly disgusting and makes me want to get rid of the vape entirely. I spoke with whiff several times. im sure others are combusting frequently but just don't say anything about it. 3 months later I am not very comfortable using the device anymore

Knewt

I have been using my anvil everyday since April. recently got a new one again, and tried not to combust on this unit. I had a lot of issues in the first few weeks with combustion, and eventually it stopped. last night I tried the regular full bowl for the first time on my unit. I combusted 3-4 times in a row. I use the same torch and same heating technique, nothing new. to me it is utterly disgusting and makes me want to get rid of the vape entirely. I spoke with whiff several times. im sure others are combusting frequently but just don't say anything about it. 3 months later I am not very comfortable using the device anymore
I can’t speak for anyone else, but I have never combusted. Mine gets used all day long, every day, and has been in use since early May. I use several different torches and I only heat the large bowl just above the battery. With the small bowl I will heat the battery, but more on the top side of it. I have found the Anvil to be very reliable and predictable. Not to mention, very satisfying.

Glorg

Combusted once ever with the xl before I realized it doesn’t have the same second click timing but that’s it. I knew one other time I went past it and I just unscrewed and dumped it before hitting so it didn’t actually combust in the vape but yeah I don’t have any combustion issues after hundreds of bowls. Why would people hide that they combust? Did you read the herbie v2 thread? when there’s mass issues people are very vocal about it.

SillyNotMe

Do you have a video of your heating technique? I combusted once within the first 24 hours of owning mine. Never since.

Fogoff

hey sorry if this has been already discussed but how this thing is easy to clean and live with as a daily device? It seems to me there’s a lots of parts, bits and orings to take care of. Thanks for your feedback

hey sorry if this has been already discussed but how this thing is easy to clean and live with as a daily device? It seems to me there’s a lots of parts, bits and orings to take care of. Thanks for your feedback

I don’t find it much more difficult than cleaning a Dynavap. There’s a few more parts with the Anvil but the cleaning process is essentially the same.

Regarding combustion, it hasn’t happened to me yet and I heat near the thermal battery exclusively. I always stop as soon as I hear the first click. If you’re trying for dark RTL hits all the time I guess there could be more risk, but turning down the flame a bit should solve that?

caliganja420

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I have never combusted. Mine gets used all day long, every day, and has been in use since early May. I use several different torches and I only heat the large bowl just above the battery. With the small bowl I will heat the battery, but more on the top side of it. I have found the Anvil to be very reliable and predictable. Not to mention, very satisfying.

I only combusted once and i didnt wait enough for the cool down click.
Something seems to be weird there with yours. It should be supereasy not to combust when heating upper ring.

Combusted once ever with the xl before I realized it doesn’t have the same second click timing but that’s it. I knew one other time I went past it and I just unscrewed and dumped it before hitting so it didn’t actually combust in the vape but yeah I don’t have any combustion issues after hundreds of bowls. Why would people hide that they combust? Did you read the herbie v2 thread? when there’s mass issues people are very vocal about it.

Do you have a video of your heating technique? I combusted once within the first 24 hours of owning mine. Never since.

I only use the half bowl, never used the full bowl. when I first got my anvil I would heat it until the first click only but I wanted my abv darker so I have gone to the second click. thats when I started combusting, until I started heating the thermal battery with the flame pointing upwards so it hits middle copper ring and now no more combusting and abv is nice and dark. I only heat the thermal battery. my most recent combustion encounter last night was only with the full bowl (I only use the half bowl, was trying the full bow out for the first time). I thought I could heat it up normally, on the thermal batt, but I am very wrong about that. just tried a bowl heating the middle copper ring and it was perfect. I guess since it never came with instructions I am still trying to figure it out after 3 months.

caliganja420,

fangorn

I burned, or got close enough to burning for the smell and taste to be unbearable, about ten times during my first 10 days.
Each time, a long bath of iso was necessary. besides, the cap of the case with magnet took on the smell and I had to wash it several times as well.

you have to play with the settings.
I increased the height of my flame. I reduced the distance between the inner flame and the metal. I stopped heating on the thermal battery and I heat further. I also adjusted my airflow by opening it a little more (more than halfway).
you can play with a parameter already.

now my avb is sometimes slightly too bright for my liking but i prefer that to burning episodes.
and that takes me far enough.

and when I want a browner avb or add a layer of homemade hash, I go closer to the thermal battery.

I'm only doing a heating cycle. the 2-3 times i tried a second one because my avb was light i got nothing...or let's say not much...and the taste wasn't great.
I take a single puff before throwing away my avb. I can take 2-3 puffs when adding hash.

i use the xl mouthpiece and a normal bowl.

On another aspect, I still think I shouldn't use it too much... well, not too regularly. the times I've used it a lot (like right now) my tolerance increases a lot!

Ralph

I have both the founders and the Users edition and have used it thundreds of times and only combusted once. It was user error. I had music on too loud and didn't hear the click!

Take it apart and soak in ISO for 30 minutes. Rinse and dry. Done!!! Assemble back in 1 minute. Easy Peasy!!!!!!!

justcametomind

I only use the half bowl, never used the full bowl. when I first got my anvil I would heat it until the first click only but I wanted my abv darker so I have gone to the second click. thats when I started combusting, until I started heating the thermal battery with the flame pointing upwards so it hits middle copper ring and now no more combusting and abv is nice and dark. I only heat the thermal battery. my most recent combustion encounter last night was only with the full bowl (I only use the half bowl, was trying the full bow out for the first time). I thought I could heat it up normally, on the thermal batt, but I am very wrong about that. just tried a bowl heating the middle copper ring and it was perfect. I guess since it never came with instructions I am still trying to figure it out after 3 months.
You shouldn’t be considering the second click because more than often first and second click come together. You may want to overheat multiple second after the first but don’t take the second click for granted.
That’s where you fail in my opinion.

alex91

I burned, or got close enough to burning for the smell and taste to be unbearable, about ten times during my first 10 days.
Each time, a long bath of iso was necessary. besides, the cap of the case with magnet took on the smell and I had to wash it several times as well.

you have to play with the settings.
I increased the height of my flame. I reduced the distance between the inner flame and the metal. I stopped heating on the thermal battery and I heat further. I also adjusted my airflow by opening it a little more (more than halfway).
you can play with a parameter already.

now my avb is sometimes slightly too bright for my liking but i prefer that to burning episodes.
and that takes me far enough.

and when I want a browner avb or add a layer of homemade hash, I go closer to the thermal battery.

I'm only doing a heating cycle. the 2-3 times i tried a second one because my avb was light i got nothing...or let's say not much...and the taste wasn't great.
I take a single puff before throwing away my avb. I can take 2-3 puffs when adding hash.

i use the xl mouthpiece and a normal bowl.

On another aspect, I still think I shouldn't use it too much... well, not too regularly. the times I've used it a lot (like right now) my tolerance increases a lot!

You said you were almost combusting and then you increased the flame lenght and shortened the distance. Shouldn’t that actually heat the unit even faster, meaning a higher risk of combustion?

Last edited:
alex91,

TeaCup

Has anyone's temperature click broken? I've combusted three times in a row and now I think I know why - my first click is barely audible anymore. I hope there's a solution because I can't hear it when my fans are on, and there on 24/7/365. Oh man, this is gonna suck, lol. @Whiff ???

Edit: Nevermind. Something was up, I think it had to do with just how damn much it's been soaking in various liquid's over the past week with the combustions. I've been running tons of water through it and pounding CBD hits over and over and the click has started to slowly come back. Weird. A good weird though, cause I don't care what or why, I just want it back, lol.

Last edited:

fangorn

You said you were almost combusting and then you increased the flame lenght and shortened the distance. Shouldn’t that actually heat the unit even faster, meaning a higher risk of combustion?

I moved away from the thermal battery and in parallel, I increased the intensity of the heat source.
so I heat up for less!
I also opened more airflow...

I won't be able to explain exactly why I don't burn anymore.... but I don't burn anymore 🙂

Top Bottom