• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

androponic

vaped.
i wonder if between shipping all of the backordered XL case caps (free with purchase so i bet there are a lot) and designing the new all in one stem for the folks that didnt like the current airflow adjustment as well as just orders in general if he wanted to stop any new orders and just catchup with all outstanding shipments and then reopen? not sure at all but just a guess. i am pretty sure John is trying to do all this himself or maybe just another person only. i bet it can get flooded quickly. remember, he made anvil for a friend and not planning to sell them but then demand grew because its fucking awesome but maybe just blew up super fast. he is also designing new parts for the ecosystem according to whiff so theres that too.

My_50p_worth

i wonder if between shipping all of the backordered XL case caps (free with purchase so i bet there are a lot) and designing the new all in one stem for the folks that didnt like the current airflow adjustment as well as just orders in general if he wanted to stop any new orders and just catchup with all outstanding shipments and then reopen? not sure at all but just a guess. i am pretty sure John is trying to do all this himself or maybe just another person only. i bet it can get flooded quickly. remember, he made anvil for a friend and not planning to sell them but then demand grew because its fucking awesome but maybe just blew up super fast. he is also designing new parts for the ecosystem according to whiff so theres that too.
Oh yeah I’m in no doubt John is spinning multiple plates, I see the Sunday post updates and I think it’s great to see John not resting on his laurels and continuing to improve the anvil. Personally I’m very excited for the helix bowl and eventual IH and will be purchasing as soon as the chance comes. Your theory could well be correct, that it was shut down to allow some catch up time. It certainly makes sense

But with that being said I just don’t understand this consistently awful communication.

Why not spend the couple minutes to write a quick post and keep your customers in the loop? If that’s too difficult Whiff is more than capable of relaying this info. The Nomad and Toad threads are a great example of solid communication in spite of a large workload, so it is certainly possible

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Has anyone's temperature click broken? I've combusted three times in a row and now I think I know why - my first click is barely audible anymore. I hope there's a solution because I can't hear it when my fans are on, and there on 24/7/365. Oh man, this is gonna suck, lol. @Whiff ???

Edit: Nevermind. Something was up, I think it had to do with just how damn much it's been soaking in various liquid's over the past week with the combustions. I've been running tons of water through it and pounding CBD hits over and over and the click has started to slowly come back. Weird. A good weird though, cause I don't care what or why, I just want it back, lol.
Glad to hear you got it figured out, i do notice sometimes if i dont heat the anvil with a strong flame the click isnt always super loud....i also noticed sometimes the snapdisc isnt laying perfectly flat inmy chamber and wonder if that causes the disc to not get as hot and "snap" with less intensity

@Whiff whats going on with the store?

It’s been empty over a week now, with the usual lack of information as to what’s going on:bang:

I just spoke with John and the shop has been closed due to orders having back order issues ( which caused people to be rude and nasty to the CS reps) as well as John fulfilling retailers orders. They should be restocking across the board this coming week and plan to re-open the store Wed or Thurs when the shelves have product.

My_50p_worth

Glad to hear you got it figured out, i do notice sometimes if i dont heat the anvil with a strong flame the click isnt always super loud....i also noticed sometimes the snapdisc isnt laying perfectly flat inmy chamber and wonder if that causes the disc to not get as hot and "snap" with less intensity

I just spoke with John and the shop has been closed due to orders having back order issues ( which caused people to be rude and nasty to the CS reps) as well as John fulfilling retailers orders. They should be restocking across the board this coming week and plan to re-open the store Wed or Thurs when the shelves have product.
Thanks for clearing that up man, I appreciate it

Shocking to hear that people are behaving like that towards the CS reps, I’m definitely vocal with my issues but that’s a line crossed right there. Proper embarrassing

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Thanks for clearing that up man, I appreciate it

Shocking to hear that people are behaving like that towards the CS reps, I’m definitely vocal with my issues but that’s a line crossed right there. Proper embarrassing

Seems to be how it is these days, Even my elderly father damn near sends death threats when his Amazon order doesn’t show up on time, lol.
Surprised nobody had payed him a visit yet haha.

simba

@weedanwine
Missed out on this when it first came out, I had one reserved but because of the delay I ended up not having money when it was ready, kinda been regretting it after reading how much people have been liking it. I did get an email today saying new units would be ready either this week or the next.

simba,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Missed out on this when it first came out, I had one reserved but because of the delay I ended up not having money when it was ready, kinda been regretting it after reading how much people have been liking it. I did get an email today saying new units would be ready either this week or the next.
Who sent the email?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Roffa

Now that I have the xl bowl and the xl mouthpiece, the anvil is even more perfect for me. I don't grind, but break off nugs to stuff into the xl bowl. It dawned on me that I wouldn't have to use the screen on the condenser, because the 2 traps, in the stem and in the mouthpiece, would keep out the debris.
Works perfectly. I love having no screens to clean and for me this is the perfect configuration. The xl bowl gives a tad more conduction I think and this suits me just fine.
I also ordered the xl case extension/top. Having this and the case makes hot swapping so much more easy. The new magnets are great.

I kind of like this pattern of modular development and improvement. Having the xl bowl and the case extension really upgraded my anvil experience.

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

@Whiff any idea when the shop is re opening? It’s Friday now (so past the original day it was meant to re open) and I’m waiting to make a big order of spares and other bits and pieces

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: Whiff

justcametomind

@Whiff any idea when the shop is re opening? It’s Friday now (so past the original day it was meant to re open) and I’m waiting to make a big order of spares and other bits and pieces
Better stock up on lemonade for now, I guess. ;)
Hopefully my man.

Seems somewhat strange to just remove all items without any warning or information when it’ll come back

I’ve seen young children run their lemonade stands better than this :rofl:

My accessories order got delivered last week while I was on vacation. I picked up the XL MP / XL Bowl / XL Utility Cap.

The magnet inside the cap is too strong; it keeps pulling the bowl off the Anvil when I try to take it out of the case. Not great. The magnet on the outside of the cap is strong and centered which is good.

The XL MP is pretty nice, but I’m not sure there’s a meaningful improvement in cooling after a couple bowls. It does make the Anvil easier to hold and has a nice heft to it. I like that aspect.

I tried the XL Bowl once; a light full pack ended up being around .1g. I heated it like I do for the full bowl (40 sec heat-up in the ditch right above the thermal battery) and the AVB was a bit darker than I usually get, but still fairly even. I’ll have to play around with it more, but it definitely hit me hard.

Those are my first impressions at least. A bit underwhelming so far especially considering the price paid. Still enjoying the device though.

My_50p_worth

It was Canada Day and Independence Day long weekend in North America. Damn that guy for having a family and life beyond the Anvil. /pitchforks
“Hi guys! Here in Canada we are taking the long weekend off, so I thought I’d send a quick message to keep you all in the loop - I know we’ve had some issues with the store and you’re anxious to make some purchases. Things will be back up and running in the following week, bare with us. Thanks for being understanding as we take a few well deserved days off before getting back to work.”

I mean come on.. that took less than 30 seconds to type ;)

@letter never sent you have pretty much the same first impressions as I did with the XL bowl and MP. As time has passed I’ve only grown to like the XL bowl more and more. I quite like sticking hash where the screen used be on the .1 bowl and taking advantage of the little conduction patch that is now there on the XL bowl. The XL MP doesn’t really offer any extra cooling but I like that as the vapour temp and flavour are already spot on for me. Just re balances the previously bottom heavy anvil. If it ain’t broke and all that..

androponic

vaped.
The magnet inside the cap is too strong; it keeps pulling the bowl off the Anvil when I try to take it out of the case. Not great. The magnet on the outside of the cap is strong and centered which is good.
Does your inner magnet have a small grey disk attached to it? mine do and it seems to make the inner side of the magnet a bit weaker on mine. maybe yours is missing that disc, or you could add another to tame it even more. seems to me just a thin wafer of ferrous metal. just a guess. the outer side of mine are very grabby but i like that on the outer, at least for my use.

My_50p_worth

Does your inner magnet have a small grey disk attached to it? mine do and it seems to make the inner side of the magnet a bit weaker on mine. maybe yours is missing that disc, or you could add another to tame it even more. seems to me just a thin wafer of ferrous metal. just a guess. the outer side of mine are very grabby but i like that on the outer, at least for my use.
I have one of @Duba cases and that also has an extremely strong magnet.

I find with the stronger magnets you can’t just “snap” them off upwards, you sort of have to pull it off at an angle to make the magnet release the bowl from its clutches

Top Bottom