Anvil by Vestratto

Choices

It may be one of the best decisions you ever made. It's an incredible piece of kit!!!!!!! Slight learning curve but with patience can be mastered in a few sessions. I really can't believe how good it is!!!!!!
I have so many vapes but I wanted to get myself a retirement gift. Now I need to get started reading up on the device. I have to be honest I never really kept up with this thread as I dismissed it as a Dynavap copycat of sorts. Then I watched Sneaky Pete’s interview and was really impressed with what I heard from the founder. So I went to order one and I realized I was in for a wait. So I feel very fortunate to have got one today. The shipping time will give me an opportunity to read through the thread. I will say that I’m a lightweight compared to many on here and I rarely use a water pence. I have a multitude of torches so I imagine one of them will do the trick. So could this be described as sort of a Supreme V3 meets Dynavap Omni? I’m just guessing and I’m certain I’ll learn a great deal the next couple weeks. If you have any pointers that might be something I miss as I read through the thread feel free to respond! I’m eager to learn!

Texus

If anyone got one of our new FutoStash - Anvil models over 420 I would appreciate hearing your review. It's a new design and we're looking for feedback.
Have not been able to use it much since it arrived. But Galaxy stash is a beauty. After just a go-around or 2, I didn't find the magnetic and strong enough to work as intended (if I am understanding how it was intended correctly). Unlike Vestratto case magnets and the inlaid Futo magnet I am not getting enough magnetic pull to be able to easily unthread the chamber. Can be done but only delicately and with it loosely threaded to Anvil.

But get a more magnetic bar or teach me how I'm using it wrong and you are golden.

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
Have not been able to use it much since it arrived. But Galaxy stash is a beauty. After just a go-around or 2, I didn't find the magnetic and strong enough to work as intended (if I am understanding how it was intended correctly). Unlike Vestratto case magnets and the inlaid Futo magnet I am not getting enough magnetic pull to be able to easily unthread the chamber. Can be done but only delicately and with it loosely threaded to Anvil.

But get a more magnetic bar or teach me how I'm using it wrong and you are golden.
Hey thanks for the feedback. For the magnet rod we were thinking unthread the cap and use the rod as a handle to let you push the cap it into your stash just to and load it, but probably not to unthread it - but that's maybe possible with a stronger mag. The idea is just to give you another way to fill the cap. The stash tool included could be used to stir up compacted herb to make it easier to load. I agree a stronger mag on them is a good idea, we're testing a couple different magnets.

My_50p_worth

@Whiff @Vestratto could I get an update on the XL case please?

I vaguely remember it being mentioned but haven’t heard much since

@Choices I use my vapes like 90% outside, and the Anvil isn’t too great for this. I mean obviously if there’s a lot of wind shelter you’re golden, but it suffers from similar woes to using a DV when the wind picks up

As @Ralph says though, it’s an incredible device when used in optimal conditions. Been dominating the reach test as of late

Last edited:

Ganjora

maybe my location (south africa) is a problem.
on the site now and the only version i see is the ukranian effort, which is sold out.
text at the very top of the page says "Please check back for more stock"
thanks anyway, will keep the hope alive.

Ganjora,

cptofnthng

maybe my location (south africa) is a problem.
on the site now and the only version i see is the ukranian effort, which is sold out.
text at the very top of the page says "Please check back for more stock"
thanks anyway, will keep the hope alive.
I dont think the shop differentiates countries of origin. You were too late i assume. Hes stocking now, but only few at a time. Your best Option might still be the waiting list.

cptofnthng,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Hey thanks for the feedback. For the magnet rod we were thinking unthread the cap and use the rod as a handle to let you push the cap it into your stash just to and load it, but probably not to unthread it - but that's maybe possible with a stronger mag.
Here is my take on this with regards to my design, I have not used Futo’s yet.

I had to try a few magnets and found the deep magnets work better. I’m using 8mmx8mm. With the tool I never touch the bowl. I unthread, load, unthread, debowl, then rethread all with the tool. If you screw the bowl on with the magnet you should be able to remove it with the magnet. If you finger tighten the bowl then you probably won’t be able to unscrew it with the magnet because your fingers have tightened it down more than the magnet can manage.

Not much, but there is a bit of a technique that needs to be learned. @Texus

Stonedbadger

Still smashing my anvil! I do find that it like to be kept clean!

Oh and I just received the Blazer Stingray! Works very well with the anvil!!

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hello Anvilers,
While waiting for my XL bowl and MP to arrive, I made this little leather case for the Anvil :

The advantage of the leather (2mm) is that it can safely hold the anvil while it's still hot. You can even unscrew and screw the bowl while it's hot by holding it between the leather!
It fits easily in your pocket!
The PT4000 is 20mm in diameter and almost 21 at the switch and the little level adjuster. 16.2cm long (actually 6 3/8" since I switched from calipers to an old ruler)
Hey Bossman,
Did you test this keychain? is it great to use with the Anvil? I think to add this to the leather pouch i make
I did and it is! I never use the case magnet and always have one of those little keychain magnets on hand ever since Whiff taught us to pop the chamber out between hits.

Easywider

Simple is the way
If anyone got one of our new FutoStash - Anvil models over 420 I would appreciate hearing your review. It's a new design and we're looking for feedback.
I've been using my stash exclusively since it arrived last week. The case is fantastic, I've had a few futo cases for VC's and previously loved them.
The included stir tool is a really nice stealth inclusion, the outside magnet is very powerful and overall the case works great for the Anvil.

Things that could be improved (for me anyway) would be the spring strength for the internal magnet rod. It's a bit strong for the weight of the rod and if you are not careful opening the case it can be sent flying. The other would be the rods magnet strength, as others mentioned a stronger mag would be perfect.

I've found a technic though that works well for me with the rod. Instead of holding the magnet still in your hand and twisting the anvil to remove the chamber, I hold the anvil still and rub/rotate the magnet around the outside edge of the anvil in a circular motion. like a magic wand before a trick. This works consistently for hot-swapping as long as I used the rod to initially insert the oven.

When I'm at home I like to use the keychain magnets that @bossman suggested. I have a keychain version and a fly fishing version, they are super strong and also make great heatsinks.

caliganja420

one of the first accesories I purchased was that keychain magnet, I cannot use my Anvil without it. I am definitely not going to spend close to $60 for a damn case that should have been included! I really love this vape so far, haven’t touched my flowerpot since. Aside from a bumpy start and a steep learning curve (combusted about 5 times), i have now got it dialed using a smaller flame on my Blaze FF. I am truly in love with the 1 hit full extraction, it’s going to make this vape hard to beat!

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
I've been using my stash exclusively since it arrived last week. The case is fantastic, I've had a few futo cases for VC's and previously loved them.
The included stir tool is a really nice stealth inclusion, the outside magnet is very powerful and overall the case works great for the Anvil.

Things that could be improved (for me anyway) would be the spring strength for the internal magnet rod. It's a bit strong for the weight of the rod and if you are not careful opening the case it can be sent flying. The other would be the rods magnet strength, as others mentioned a stronger mag would be perfect.

I've found a technic though that works well for me with the rod. Instead of holding the magnet still in your hand and twisting the anvil to remove the chamber, I hold the anvil still and rub/rotate the magnet around the outside edge of the anvil in a circular motion. like a magic wand before a trick. This works consistently for hot-swapping as long as I used the rod to initially insert the oven.

When I'm at home I like to use the keychain magnets that @bossman suggested. I have a keychain version and a fly fishing version, they are super strong and also make great heatsinks.
Ok good to know, thank you it's nice to hear you like the stash. For the spring strength maybe I can shorten the rod about 1/8" so that it doesn't pop up as high / strong. I didn't expect the mag would be useful for unthreading the cap, that's cool. New version of the mag tool is coming up today with a thicker mag - and I think we'll just send one out to anyone who got the new stash who wants to try it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for sharing this. $10 shipping is still some bullshit but I like how you did nearly all the legwork/math for us so I updated your post with links while putting my cart together :tup:

Qty 12 N1.00X012 : 1mm CS X 12mm ID (NBR) Buna-N 70 Duro Metric O-Ring

$0.09ea $1.08

Qty 36 V1.00X005 : 1mm X 5mm V75 Fluorocarbon FKM O-Rings 75 Durometer Black

$0.15ea $5.40

Qyt 24 V1.00X006 : 1mm X 6mm V75 Fluorocarbon FKM O-Rings 75 Durometer Black

$0.16ea $3.84

Qty 48 V1.00X008 : 1mm X 8mm V75 Fluorocarbon FKM O-Rings 75 Durometer Black

$0.19ea $9.12

Subtotal $19.44
Shipping Cost $9.99 <--🖕
Tax Total (%) $0.00
Total $29.43

Changing topics, is it true that the condenser needn't be seated all the way? If I was to make one complaint of my first days in Anville it's that the "wide open" setting really isn't and it's making it more restricted than I'd like with my j-hook and bubbler. I have my middle bit screwed in all the way but I have also been snugging the condenser down rather than just letting the bowl push it mostly in. I will promptly stop doing that if it's unnecessary and reducing the airflow.

When we say "wide open" we don't mean letting air in to dilute the vapor do we? Does all the air that's flowing pass through the bowl or are we diluting the vapor with more open airflow?

I finally got around to loading a cart up and now the 5mm and 6mm are back-ordered/oos

bossman,
  • Sad
Reactions: seki

someTooL

@doug@futo I really like mine. Yes the tool magnet is a little weak but that would be the only observation. I don’t use the flower compartment so I noticed a spare (or maybe two) oven fit nicely there too. Oh yeah, that tool spring is a little strong lol (all in fun). Have enjoyed all my wood work from ya!

hoyo77

hmmm! I really like !! very nice piece!!!
do you think you could make one with a magnet inserted/attached to the inside flap...
and who could hold the anvil with xl mouthpiece and blazer pt4000??
lololololol. i asked him that same question a few weeks ago on IG.

hoyo77,
Reactions: fangorn

dieezus

Sure, I'm interested. Dimensions appreciated.
I love my anvil stash, but the only thing I'd want to be changed is just somewhere to put different chambers. A stronger magnet on the rod, weaker spring in the rod section, and a stronger spring in the anvil section.

Maybe a future revision can be one half the anvil, the other half an xl mouthpiece and a spare chamber.

I can get you some more dimensions when I actually get my stuff in.

I'll also parrot the comment about the magnet rod being too weak.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DBZ2MVH This is what I've used as a loading tool before getting the stash.

dieezus,
Reactions: Jill NYC

hoyo77

My XLs just arrived….bowl and mouthpiece. It magnified the blunt smoking experience got quite a few good pulls! The mouthpiece adds a certain heft to the Anvil and i like it. Need one in wood!! The larger bowl is a beast, so lit off one session. Nice job, nice job indeed @Vestratto

Top Bottom