Anvil by Vestratto

ibnganja

I got my Anvil a few days ago. I've been testing it. I absolutely love it. I think it has a place in the market for sure.

I love my other vapes and each have a time and place where I want to use them.

The Anvil really is a heavy hitting mother effer. I love using it in the evening with my most potent indica. It knocks me on my ass and tells my pain to shut the fuck up for a little while lol.

I got the XL MP and really love the length, size, and weight of the unit as a whole. I enjoy how it feels to hold it and I don't mind the warmth at all, the heat shield does a great job and looks pretty cool.

I dig the different experience, how long it retains heat and how it feels to "puff" on it a few times.

really excited to continue experimenting with this, trying different strains, different packs, getting the XL bowl, and going a long on the ride with Vestratto actively improving this thing.

Pic of my Anvil & OJ

AnvilUser

I love my anvil stash, but the only thing I'd want to be changed is just somewhere to put different chambers. A stronger magnet on the rod, weaker spring in the rod section, and a stronger spring in the anvil section.

Maybe a future revision can be one half the anvil, the other half an xl mouthpiece and a spare chamber.

I can get you some more dimensions when I actually get my stuff in.

I'll also parrot the comment about the magnet rod being too weak.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DBZ2MVH This is what I've used as a loading tool before getting the stash.
is the magnet on the keychain diametrically magnetized? do the bowls stay centered on the magnet?

AnvilUser,

Gdash

is the magnet on the keychain diametrically magnetized? do the bowls stay centered on the magnet?

Yes, it is. With that said the magnet feels really strong when using it on the Anvil bowl and if it catches off-center it will stay there. You can slide it to the center when that happens pretty easily and that makes it great for hot swapping bowls. It pulls my DV caps to the center right away.

I wasn't planning on buying the keychain because I have the case but ended up adding it to an Amazon order. I actually prefer it over the case magnet to be honest.

AnvilUser

Yes, it is. With that said the magnet feels really strong when using it on the Anvil bowl and if it catches off-center it will stay there. You can slide it to the center when that happens pretty easily and that makes it great for hot swapping bowls. It pulls my DV caps to the center right away.

I wasn't planning on buying the keychain because I have the case but ended up adding it to an Amazon order. I actually prefer it over the case magnet to be honest.
Cool thanks gonna order one.

AnvilUser,

3xFantasyChamp

Cool thanks gonna order one.
Money well spent tbh. That magnet is so useful. Use it to load bowls with, screw/unscrew the bowl, and also acts as a heat sink. Sometimes I put both magnets together and stick them on the bowl lol. It makes it look like you’re using the tandem x2 accessory for DV’s haha.

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
Doug beautiful work man just got mine and messaged you on Etsy . I agree with a stronger magnet in the rod and possibly the case but how cool would it be to have one end be a loading tool and the other the magnet to fit in the stash , would make loading so nice like pictured :
I could 3d print a little coffee scoop for one end. This seems like something I might have to do, it just needs to work with the spring. Might need to be version 3..

dieezus

This is going to sound like complaining but eh.

I wish the connector that attached the silver mouthpiece was like .5mm wider. Then it could incorporate DV stems. The measurement is eerily close but barely small enough to not fit, almost like it was done on purpose. I understand that John might want to distance himself from Dynavaps given how often they get compared. But this tiny QoL will completely kill my eagerness to use my Vapcaps if I can simply put my MVS or Revolve on an Anvil. It might be that John wants a smaller eco-system(I know this isn't true given the fact he sent measurements in his ~first sunday-post) or he wants to distance himself from DV to the detriment of everyone who ran a VC before joining Anville.

It's some conspiracy shit but I've been hitting my anvil so I'm not 100% clear-headed.

Texus

This is going to sound like complaining but eh.

I wish the connector that attached the silver mouthpiece was like .5mm wider. Then it could incorporate DV stems. The measurement is eerily close but barely small enough to not fit, almost like it was done on purpose. I understand that John might want to distance himself from Dynavaps given how often they get compared. But this tiny QoL will completely kill my eagerness to use my Vapcaps if I can simply put my MVS or Revolve on an Anvil. It might be that John wants a smaller eco-system(I know this isn't true given the fact he sent measurements in his ~first sunday-post) or he wants to distance himself from DV to the detriment of everyone who ran a VC before joining Anville.

It's some conspiracy shit but I've been hitting my anvil so I'm not 100% clear-headed.
Gotta imagine an adaptor is in then works by someone...

And dang the XL Bowl and XL Mouthpiece are lovely. That XL smacks hard! Love it!

BTW to new owners or those who are not getting enough airflow: make sure to keep those Dynavap screens clean. They can gunk up quick and then bye-bye airflow.

But a clean Anvil with a loose pack on the XL bowl is some vaping glory. Period. Not just for a portable, etc. This thing can bring some seriously intense hits.

Last edited:

TeaCup

BTW to new owners or those who are not getting enough airflow: make sure to keep those Dynavap screens clean. They can gunk up quick and then bye-bye airflow.
Ditch the Dyna screen and put a courser one in and open the oven a 1/4 to 1/2 turn and you have a ton of airflow. I haven't timed any of my Anvil heat soaks so I don't know if opening the oven is gonna increase the time, but I used it like this all weekend and I really couldn't tell any difference hit wise.

TeaCup,

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Justpassedu great idea. The pax tool is also my choice for loading.

I have the NV/CH pax loading tool with the treading on one end and it fits in the slot for the magnet rod perfectly. I used it like this for the first few days before I went back to the rod. It would be super awesome to have something like that with a magnet on one end. Great suggestion @Justpassedu

The herb chamber fits the XL MP so perfectly it's like it was made for it. Just got mine in with the .2 below yesterday

Ok good to know, thank you it's nice to hear you like the stash. For the spring strength maybe I can shorten the rod about 1/8" so that it doesn't pop up as high / strong. I didn't expect the mag would be useful for unthreading the cap, that's cool. New version of the mag tool is coming up today with a thicker mag - and I think we'll just send one out to anyone who got the new stash who wants to try it.

You're too kind! Great tip about the spring length, I'm going to give the spring a trim :rockon:

Justpassedu

I have the NV/CH pax loading tool with the treading on one end and it fits in the slot for the magnet rod perfectly. I used it like this for the first few days before I went back to the rod. It would be super awesome to have something like that with a magnet on one end. Great suggestion @Justpassedu

The herb chamber fits the XL MP so perfectly it's like it was made for it. Just got mine in with the .2 below yesterday

You're too kind! Great tip about the spring length, I'm going to give the spring a trim :rockon:
I’m almost thinking of trying to glue a magnet to the back end of it lol , I see Doug at Futo may try and make this happen . I use that scoop to load the bowls it works so perfectly .

On a side note , does everyone with the Anvil have the entire top half wobble on them when trying to adjust airflow ? On mine anything passed like half closed and I get wobble and it’s really annoying and honestly for the price paid this should not be happening when it’s advertised that it has adjustable airflow . It’s defective and I reached out to Vestratto on it and was told it would be fixed but this is over a month ago. It seems they are more interested in getting more units out than fixing a known issue . Don’t get me wrong I love the Anvil and think it works great but I’d like to be able to adjust airflow properly .

3xFantasyChamp

Anyone that can recommend a first clean before using? Is iso+qtip enough?
Yeah a nice iso cleaning + qtips is enough. I remember when I got my Anvil, someone said to remove the o-ring on the heat shield. Apparently that o-ring shouldn't be soaked in iso. All the other rings should be good to soak.

Just so peepz don't think I'm making stuff up -

androponic said:
@3xFantasyChamp this is not true, all of the internal orings are Viton and are safe to iso soak. the only one that is not is the outside one on the heatshield. It is made of Buna-N which is not iso safe.

Post #3,048 in this thread.

Last edited:

seki

I've only had about a half dozen sessions using the new mouthpiece and bowl natively but it seems like I'm only getting one or two more hits over the regular full size bowl. About 4-5 eight to ten second hits with the XL bowl vs 3-4 with the regular. Initially the small number of draws surprised me, but in retrospect it makes sense. Given the efficiency of the device, 0.2g extracts very quickly with the majority of it occurring within the first couple of draws.
It's very similar to using the regular full size bowl native, only it seems like the hits are more dense in comparison. I'll have to do more testing to verify, but my initial impressions are that you get only one or two more hits than a regular bowl, but more is extracted with each draw.

Duba

Accessory Maker
I did and it is! I never use the case magnet and always have one of those little keychain magnets on hand ever since Whiff taught us to pop the chamber out between hits.
Thank you! I ordered a couple of these that I will add to the leather cases.

I received my XL mouthpiece today and wow, I really like it : the shape, the length and most importantly, it's a great improvement for native use! I added an intercooler and it's really perfect! The vape like on a blunt!

So I made an XL case 🙂:

Glorg

I agree with seki on the 0.2, it’s not going to extend the session dramatically but it does get a hit or two more but really the first hit is just straight pumping, you can feel it more accurately native vs going through glass and it’s very noticeable if you switch back to back on each bowl.

Xl mouthpiece is great for cooling and just feels better, makes me want a wood version which I guess I’ll have to make when I get some free time.

Top Bottom