Anvil by Vestratto

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Props to FlyingLow for passing on his Anvil to me, thank you.

I decided to try hemp first and after three bowl packs I feel as if I’m baked, my whole body is buzzing. With my flowermate I would’ve had to run 10+ packs to feel this.

Exact device I was looking for, haven’t consumed any thc through it yet but I bet I’ll be baked off first pack.

Anyone else ever get hemp? It’s fantastic for mixing, makes for a better high IMO.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but the other day I heated up the anvil but accidentally forgot to load the bowl, and when I figured it out I pulled it and noticed it was refluxing the condensate from the condenser as the device heats up from the residual heat of a session.

SillyNotMe

So I haven’t seen anyone mention this, but the other day I heated up the anvil but accidentally forgot to load the bowl, and when I figured it out I pulled it and noticed it was refluxing the condensate from the condenser as the device heats up from the residual heat of a session.
When was the last you cleaned it? How hot do you usually heat?

SillyNotMe,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
When was the last you cleaned it? How hot do you usually heat?

I shoved a q tip through it the other day but I‘ve only deep cleaned it once.

I’ll give it a real cleaning and see how long it takes to occur again. I was thinking maybe this is why the flavor isn’t as good as it had been earlier. It kind of reminds me of the D-Nail Halo centerpost which used to basically do the same thing. The condenser gets hot and re-cooks the reclaim which just means more frequent cleaning is probably necessary.

I usually heat at the first copper button, going for a light brown roast. Sometimes I heat at the battery, but with a turned down torch so it doesn’t get too toasted.

Texus

Allow me to introduce the AIO. Anvil In One, using a 90 degree 14mm male to 14mm female adapter from Oregon Glass Works on my Stache RIO. Slide out the torch and you can leave it fixed at your preferred location on the Anvil. And the power of the RIO torch is just right (tho inner tip touching Anvil is too powerful, about 1/4 inch away feels about right so far).

Glorg

Lol that rio setup is jokes and awesome.

0.2 bowl is sick for hash, the fact it doesn’t have the screen in the top let’s you sprinkle it with hash bits ( I break it down to little balls or dust depending on hash type) in the flat metal cap then finish the pack with herbs. The direct heat transfer from the cap cooked the hash nicely and a dry qtip after cleaned it back up mint but I’m sure it will build up in the laser cut outs a bit. So far I’m putting just enough hash to cover the metal and that’s it, you could even make a little pancake and drop it in there.

Airflow is really good with it opened up, very open no issue at all it’s still pumping out fast.

I really like the xl mouthpiece but I think in the future it could be milled lighter and it does heat up a bit, so far not an issue but if your smashing a bunch in a row it could be.

I can’t help but to think this is a 18mm piece to be this big.
If this vape milks glass so nice it’s a pity it doesn’t fit 18mm which are usually larger. Maybe the XL mp version 2 will address that.

This is the goo roo large inline in 14mm. But you can get the same piece in 18mm. It’s great with the Anvil and other vapes.

seki

I've had a few sessions using the XL bowl now, and I'm finding it has a few interesting differences from the standard full size. Normally, I aim for a ~40 second heat up by applying a smaller flame directly on the battery. I used my regular grind for my first session and went for my normal 40 second heat up as usual. I found that due to the larger volume of material, I wasn't able to extract quickly enough and while the session starts out tasting fine, the amount of heat stored quickly seemed to overpower my drawing ability and I could not avoid the back half of the session being extremely toasted. I didn't come close to combusting, but it was enough to cause some significant chest discomfort. I tested several more bowls heating a little higher with each one, and I think heating somewhere around the middle of the oven is the sweet spot for me. It's pretty much similar to @Whiff's high heat in the middle of the oven technique. The heat up is around 20 seconds and I was able to finish the bowl without any significant toasted taste and more importantly, no chest discomfort. More testing is definitely required, but I think for me, a touch below the centre of the oven is where I'll probably settle in with this.

Using a Flower Mill plate between stock and super fine, I was able to get about 0.18-0.19g loaded. Grinding the same material super fine I was able to load about 0.24-0.25g. I normally set my Anvil to wide open airflow and didn't notice any significant challenge with respect to draw using the XL bowl through water, but I have yet to use it natively.

TeaCup

I shouldn't have bought this, this is a mad, mad rabbit hole, lol.
alice in wonderland story GIF

No......wait a minute......that doesn't appear quite right, I think it's this way 👈👉 Yes, that's better.

RedZep

I've had a few sessions using the XL bowl now, and I'm finding it has a few interesting differences from the standard full size. Normally, I aim for a ~40 second heat up by applying a smaller flame directly on the battery. I used my regular grind for my first session and went for my normal 40 second heat up as usual. I found that due to the larger volume of material, I wasn't able to extract quickly enough and while the session starts out tasting fine, the amount of heat stored quickly seemed to overpower my drawing ability and I could not avoid the back half of the session being extremely toasted. I didn't come close to combusting, but it was enough to cause some significant chest discomfort. I tested several more bowls heating a little higher with each one, and I think heating somewhere around the middle of the oven is the sweet spot for me. It's pretty much similar to @Whiff's high heat in the middle of the oven technique. The heat up is around 20 seconds and I was able to finish the bowl without any significant toasted taste and more importantly, no chest discomfort. More testing is definitely required, but I think for me, a touch below the centre of the oven is where I'll probably settle in with this.

Using a Flower Mill plate between stock and super fine, I was able to get about 0.18-0.19g loaded. Grinding the same material super fine I was able to load about 0.24-0.25g. I normally set my Anvil to wide open airflow and didn't notice any significant challenge with respect to draw using the XL bowl through water, but I have yet to use it natively.
Thanks for all that detail.

I've gravitated towards heating it this way even with the standard chamber. I love the flavour. So this is not a trade-off for me. So glad the airflow is ok, as that was my only concern.

It's no surprise the 0.2 could be uncomfortable, as it must be one of the thickest vape draws conceived I imagine. Heating at the battery would be in effect like cranking a flowerpot B1 up to very high temp.

fangorn

hmmm! I really like !! very nice piece!!!
do you think you could make one with a magnet inserted/attached to the inside flap...
and who could hold the anvil with xl mouthpiece and blazer pt4000??

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
New Sunday Post is up

Choices

Just happened to check my email and there it was a notification of twenty Anvils being available so I clicked the link and got it ordered. I didn’t even ponder the color I just selected red since I knew it would be easy to spot. Also got the Utility Case for out and about. Am I tempting fate taking this on a hike?
:lol:

Ralph

Just happened to check my email and there it was a notification of twenty Anvils being available so I clicked the link and got it ordered. I didn’t even ponder the color I just selected red since I knew it would be easy to spot. Also got the Utility Case for out and about. Am I tempting fate taking this on a hike?
:lol:

It may be one of the best decisions you ever made. It's an incredible piece of kit!!!!!!! Slight learning curve but with patience can be mastered in a few sessions. I really can't believe how good it is!!!!!!

Top Bottom