Anvil by Vestratto

jbm

Placed an order with goo roo on 4/18. Nothing doing.
Have reached out twice but no response yet
Call them. It’s ridiculous but it’s really the only way to get someone to actually deal with you. I personally don’t think their stuff is so great that it’s worth the hassle of their hit or miss customer service, but since you’ve already ordered, keep calling till you get a person on the phone.

jbm,
Reactions: Crust
Your not alone with no reply’s by John,
ive sat and emailed him several times ,
used to answer after in conversation many times when i got the founders but after I was critical of something ,
stopped get Sunday post. And doesn’t reply,
did say on Sneaky Petes that user option helped better things which is what we do but seems it’s taboo to say anything about the anvil,
been commented on other fourms too, that this fourm is quite hostile at times ,
id say maybe true ,
anyway seems not alone ,
upgrade kit from founders is a down grade Iam afraid ,so I doubt that’s wise,
I’ve moved my founders copper core oven to my users after some testing I preferred it and chest pains with the other ,
iam an old guy right enough so could be anything but away since the switch of ovens ,
on the good torch dept if anyone is interested a Xikar tactical single flam ,it’s quite expensive but has a lifetime warranty,
I got it from a shop or site called C GARS in the UK ,had a few different lighters in the past and they Always stand by the warranty ,
its quite heavy but even bowl after bowl doesn’t get hot really and has a shaped top you can sit it on ,
just some thoughts
thanks guys
G

par337

So I do have an issue I believe. Something doesn't seem to be machined right or something. My bowl would always get tight a few turns short of being all the way in. Checked the threads, oiled threads, emailed support and they wanted to try a new bowl which I also agreed was a good first step.

I don't believe that is the issue. I believe something is machined too long but not sure what exactly. If I pull the body apart just slightly, the bowl will thread all the way in. When I push the body back on, it will get tight to turn all the way. Can't be threaded all the way on with just the magnet unless I pull the two pieces apart, or turn it by hand.

Wasn't there an issue similar to this with the founders? Hoping I don't have this issue.

par337,

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
So I do have an issue I believe. Something doesn't seem to be machined right or something. My bowl would always get tight a few turns short of being all the way in. Checked the threads, oiled threads, emailed support and they wanted to try a new bowl which I also agreed was a good first step.

I don't believe that is the issue. I believe something is machined too long but not sure what exactly. If I pull the body apart just slightly, the bowl will thread all the way in. When I push the body back on, it will get tight to turn all the way. Can't be threaded all the way on with just the magnet unless I pull the two pieces apart, or turn it by hand.

Wasn't there an issue similar to this with the founders? Hoping I don't have this issue.
Im wondering if your condenser isn't seated all the way/stuck which may cause that issue. If you haven't already can you try assemblimg the top half of the unit by having the condenser, oven and chamber together as one then wet the 3 orings on the condenser with water or saliva and then pop it back on to see if it's the seatment of the condenser.

RedZep

Yeah, I’ve never seen them as an exact thing.

With a find grind and nice pack I can definitely fit over .1 in mine
Same. I'm actually preferring a fine grind atm. Can get around 0.14 in there. Delivers an amazing native hit if you heat half way down the oven.

Really is a hit like a ball vape. I know with FP you are using twice as much bud. But at the end of the day, the real limit on hit size is lung capacity. I can't tell the difference between the exhales of my FP with 0.25g and the Anvil around 0.13. Both massive flavoursome dense clouds that you feel hit your bloodstream at once.

seki

XL bowls and mouthpieces landed today. No CCD/screen as expected, but it still is a little weird to see.

Here's a comparison with all of the other bowls I currently have, and the first non-render image posted I believe:
420-accessories1.jpg

420-accessories2.jpg

Soaking the parts now. Will be giving them a thorough testing a little later.

Ralph

XL bowls and mouthpieces landed today. No CCD/screen as expected, but it still is a little weird to see.

Here's a comparison with all of the other bowls I currently have, and the first non-render image posted I believe:
420-accessories1.jpg

420-accessories2.jpg

Nice. Just got confirmation my order is on the way. Looks great!!!!!

3xFantasyChamp

420-accessories1.jpg

420-accessories2.jpg

Dang, your order already arrived! Bowl engravings look nice. Man, now I just want mine to be here =[ lol. Patience :freak:

My_50p_worth

420-accessories1.jpg

420-accessories2.jpg

How does the XL MP feel weight wise?

So jealous! Can’t wait for mine to arrive, hope you enjoy your testing man

My_50p_worth,
Reactions: seki

Glorg

Felt like smoking a blunt lol, but noticeably more conductive flavour then the stock on that first bowl, I think it might benefit from some lighter torching then my aggro normal style but I’ll see it’s going to be a minute between these bowls fr, might need to open the airflow more too. But that slapped.

JPE

Felt like smoking a blunt lol, but noticeably more conductive flavour then the stock on that first bowl, I think it might benefit from some lighter torching then my aggro normal style but I’ll see it’s going to be a minute between these bowls fr, might need to open the airflow more too. But that slapped.
There it is boys…the first impressions. Thanks.

Roffa

I don't know about you guys, I think the Anvil is a great name to describe what it does, but when I'm talking about this device specifically (let's say my SO ask me about what device I used today) I rather say the brand name (as in "I used my Vestratto today"). Maybe it's because Anvil doesn't roll the tongue so easily in my native language. :sherlock:
Also I used a single flame torch for the last weeks, heating between both lower rings. Having a pretty weak torch (50 sec.+ on first heat cycle), this gave the best compromise between extraction level, flavour/harshness, and heat retention of the battery. I usually do one heat cycle for cinnamon brown abv which is good for me.
These past few days, I've been experimenting with my IH and I must say, as of yet it's a pretty different experience. I use an Ispire Wand with a nickel and a S&B capsule lid as a prop below the Anvil in the heater. It takes approximately 1min10 sec to click from a cold start and if left about 3-4 seconds passed the click, will give similar result to heating the middle ring with my torch. The hissing of the torch during heat-up doesn't bother me, but it can be inconvenient while with other people, so I don't really mind trading that for a longer heat-up time.
Try pre-heating the oven separately for 1 full cycle of the Ispire and then screw in the bowl and heat until 2nd click. Often you can have one straight go in the ispire after the cooling click, if you find your ABV too light. Sometimes I even pre-heat for 1.5 cycle.

RedZep

Could you try it with the airflow opened all the way (John recommended this) then let us know what the air flow is like?

I'm worried it will be too restricted.

Top Bottom