• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anvil by Vestratto

Crust

No it isn't: that's not how you use it and the cutouts hold the chamber clear of the oven really well for the actual use case of hitting it after the click rather fucking off during the only time you're supposed to hit it

Yeah fuck that shipping for sure.

And yeah I've been calling the Anvil a dry herb banger the hits are so satisfyingly dense šŸ‘Œ
I checked the ship quote on canadapost using the box supplied with my anvil and rounded the weight up to 1 lb. Estimate was $15 can, excluding the box.

someTooL

@bossman it truly is a way to tell initial conduction/convection. Iā€™ve read all the this and thatā€™s but a simple eye test will tell you that there is some serious conduction heating happening initially. However, after you finish the hit the convection (or what ever) happens. I just know it worksā€¦for me :tup:

someTooL,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman it truly is a way to tell initial conduction/convection. Iā€™ve read all the this and thatā€™s but a simple eye test will tell you that there is some serious conduction heating happening initially. However, after you finish the hit the convection (or what ever) happens. I just know it worksā€¦for me :tup:
What you're saying is incorrect though since the chamber isn't designed to reject the heat of the oven forever. A better measure of the abv color would be to unscrew the oven at the click. I guess you might check how hot the chamber wall is just then too

bossman,

someTooL

What you're saying is incorrect though since the chamber isn't designed to reject the heat of the oven forever. A better measure of the abv color would be to unscrew the oven at the click. I guess you might check how hot the chamber wall is just then too
That what Iā€™m saying. Take it to the click. Then check it. Screw back on then finish it because itā€™s still hot. One time just to see for yourself (not just you, anyone thatā€™s interested). I mean we all know what it looks like after the hit lol.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been playing with the Anvil for a couple days now, these are some of my early impressions.

The Anvil is capable of putting out some dense, thick, creamy vapor. Even short, "doobie" inhales still produce copious amounts of steam. This device makes it easy to get your daily dose of full fat milk, even when aiming higher up the tip.
I haven't encountered any whispy "primer" hits using the Anvil, like some other portables might deal with.

IMHO Itā€™s not full convection, in fact the first time I heated it up and saw the tufts of vapor purging from the air inlet (via conduction) I realized this might have more in common with that other platform than some had led on to.

I loaded J1 and KushWreck and never really got that loud and live lip smacking lemonade stand flavor that Iā€™d expect from a full convection vape. I do think it has more convection than that other platform. But the claim of 95-99% convection, I donā€™t really taste it. That said, with such a quick extraction I never found the flavor to be too off putting unless I over roasted the bowl.

For my roasting preferences I find Iā€™m heating closer to the middle of the tip than at the thermal battery, but occasionally Iā€™ve dipped my toe in the deep end of the pool šŸ˜„

Even though I vape through glass a majority of the time Iā€™ve actually been enjoying the Anvil native, just taking real short 2-3 second puffs like how Iā€™d rip the Mighty. I definitely get those hybrid vibes with this vape, as it delivers thick vapor nearly instantly, without the needed extraction time youā€™d expect with pure hot air convection. I can get quite a few of those shorter inhalations within a click. I wouldnā€™t say it can go around a whole drum circle, like a joint, but one or two people could get some nice rips off of one heat up.

IMHO the stock bowl is kinda on the smaller side for me, Iā€™m a bit surprised people were comparing it to injector ball vapes with the Anvil bowl size being what it is. It puts out a solid and sturdy can of condensed milk, without a ton of effort (for a butane device) all things considered - but Iā€™m usually still needing more than one bowl. Iā€™d definitely be curious to try the larger bowl, as I think that would turn the volume up a few notches. Bowl size is definitely subjective though and will be up to individual usage patterns.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
il-fullxfull-3822513844-chnh-1024x1024.jpg

il-fullxfull-3870024623-2b9n-1024x1024.jpg

@The Stray Fox I think given the obvious inspiration, I think it would be appropriate to for you to demand that Futo call the tool slot "The Fox Hole" at the very least.;)
Thanks for thinking of me my friend. You know, I wasnā€™t going to say anything but when I saw Futo saying he was struggling to figure out a way to load the stash with an Anville I reached out and shared my idea. He seemed to love the idea and ran with it. I hope the design works for everyone else. He has promised me some compensation for my idea which I thought was more than generous.

Crust

Thanks for thinking of me my friend. You know, I wasnā€™t going to say anything but when I saw Futo saying he was struggling to figure out a way to load the stash with an Anville I reached out and shared my idea. He seemed to love the idea and ran with it. I hope the design works for everyone else. He has promised me some compensation for my idea which I thought was more than generous.
Kudos! Thatā€™s so cool.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep

Glorg

Hey was curious to try hash in my anvil do u just load it up in the chamber like you would a dyna?
Yes and no sort of, it really depends on the hash style itself, if itā€™s more pressed kief style vs oily ball and such but generally Iā€™m liking loading the oven with a tiny bit of flower ( enough to just cover the top screen, then some hash dust or small bits, and then finish with a bit more coarse flower, the idea being the hash oil soaking the flower below before hitting the screen to keep it from clogging too much. I find the dynavap a higher convection oven so with that i just mix the hash and herb more straight vs favouring the hash to the front end of the load with the anvil. Maybe none of that matters but itā€™s working so far and you can often coax a solid second hit out of the load vs one shot when itā€™s only flower. I actually havenā€™t tried a only hash shot yet out of clog fears but I think Iā€™ll just have to do that next anyway, maybe a half bowl with just a ball of hash could work nicely.

caliganja420

Try holding the flame slightly further away or turning down the torch a bit, if your combusting you are most likely heating the battery too quickly. I try not to heat any faster than a 30 sec click on the battery, the lowest i would go is around 25 sec.

You can try testing your flame length/technique by installing an empty chamber and time the heat up while aiming for a 30 sec click, set your flame around an inch long maybe and see how quickly that heats up.

What kind of hit you looking for?

This chart should help give you an idea of some heat up times to aim for then you can fine tune it to your liking

If you have a smaller lower powered pocket torch that CANT get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (note: you will not be able to RTL)
Dark roast/Thermal battery = 45-50 sec (great vapour production with great flav) ā­My Favā­
Med roast/Center oven = 35-40 sec (good vapour production with great flav)
light roast/Top ring = 25-30 sec (less vapor production with amazing flav)

If you CAN get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Blazer firefox ) i would recommend these heating times
Ride the line (RTL)/Thermal battery = 30-35 sec (great vapor production with minimal flav)
Medium roast/Center oven = 20-25 sec (Great vapor production with great flav) ā­My Favā­
light roast/Top ring = 10-20 sec (Good vapour production with amazing flav)
Yes I do have the blazer Firefox. I tried lowering the flame, I did 2 bowls that were fairly light, and then the other 2 combusted. I am heating only the lower copper disk (thermal battery). Itā€™s extremely inconsistent. I think my flame is to close/far. I shut the torch at first click, always. I can see the bong milking and then it just combust halfway thru. I will try to lower the flame to the lowest setting on the Firefox and try to get the inner blue flame to touch the copper disk, idk what else to doā€¦. (I am a heavy Dynavap user and this is really difficult lol) I just want consistent results

Edit: I lowered flame to 1ā€ - 1 1/4ā€. First bowl was absolutely perfect darkness, then the second and third weā€™re lighter. Will keep experimenting!

Last edited:

RedZep

Hey was curious to try hash in my anvil do u just load it up in the chamber like you would a dyna?
I remember a while back Whiff recommending Eden Lava plates. They are a cheap product for a wax pen. They apparently fit the Anvil perfectly, and allow you to vape concentrates with no mess.

Failing that, I would maybe sandwich it between herb.

The performance on concentrates is apparently top notch. Need to try it still.

Crust

The ONLY thing I wanted was the XL mouthpiece, and ofcourse my Anvil ships out on the very friggin' day the XL was released. Bummmmmmmmmmed. Is there a subway in Anville? Don't wanna get stuck in traffic on my ride over to the Fuck You thread, lol. :disgust:
If sneaky Pete gets distribution buying Vestratto goods will suck considerably less.

Crust

Yeah. I canā€™t wait for the retail and customer service side to be handled by someone a little more experienced and more importantly, much closer to the UK
Iā€™ve ordered many things from vapefiend over the last year. It would be a godsend if George got EU distro.

Datoneguy

Experimenting with doing daytime vaping before my runs recently, mainly as an excuse to vape more lol. But I have found the half bowl packed to 50% capacity or less is a pretty nice microdose. I've been aiming my torch between the bottom and middle of the chamber each time. Did 5 of them over the course of two hours or so and got a pretty nice buzz going. I noticed that when running on a vapcap my limbs felt a bit heavier overall and the Anvil left me more in my head during the run and less focused on the feeling of lifting my legs to run.
Could be just how I'm feeling physically in general rather than anything to do with vapor signature, but atm I lean towards it being a difference in vapor signature.

Regardless, I'm really liking half bowls filled half way or less for more of a daytime microdosing style of usage. And I wanted to share my analysis of the vapor signature outside of flavor because I notice a lot of speculation of vapor signature comes from a taste perspective rather than an effects perspective and I personally find vapor signature of effects more intriguing than signature in regards to taste.

Idk lol, I'm interested to see how other people find the experience to be, but I do lean towards this being a convection leaning device overall. I went at it with my Enano recently to compare though and the Anvil does not feel like full convection in comparison. So definitely leaning hybrid with a convection leaning but I have no idea about the actual percentage of them in the process lol. Like maybe 75% convection or 80% but fuck if I know lol. I just feel like based off my 5 mile runs after vaping a vapcap and an Anvil, I could definitely feel a difference between those experiences. Intrigued to see if others feel the same or if I'm off here.

Also, with the Blazer Firefox, I have been able to tone it down to a spot where when I ride the line it doesn't come out quite as a "ride the line" roast but comes out still as dark as I'd personally like it. To do find that spot that I like, I brought the flame to a size where the avb came out blackened completely and then toned it down slowly until it was no longer demolished basically lol. That process of slowly toning down my flame rather than trying to make the flame bigger (like with my eagle torches) has been a better way to find that sweetspot with my torch. So maybe this sounds like blasphemy, but if you are having issues finding a sweetspot with your torch, I suggest maybe throwing caution to the wind and risking combustion and then slowly pulling things back rather than starting low temp and slowly working your way towards rtl. But that's entirely a subjective finding of mine and I'm just gonna suggest it to those that always lean towards the side of caution with vaping (like me lol).

PS. I can't shut up about this vape because I love the heck out if so far but I'm afraid to express that sentiment on another site out of fear of coming off like a total shill for this vape. It has become quite apparent why the founders club maybe came off as paid off promoters initially. Here's my counter-argument for that sentiment, maybe the Anvil is actually just that good ;)
Lol but in all seriousness, maybe the mixed reviews it just a matter of different strokes for different folks, hence vas leading people into all sorts of different directions, but for me personally this vape seems to be the VAS killer that I never would have expected. Always been into temp stepping and slowly working through a bowl, but I guess a quick hit and done is also a pretty great way to consume herb, go figure. It's nice to have a vape that just gets to the point in all honesty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom