Anvil by Vestratto

My_50p_worth

I’ve ordered many things from vapefiend over the last year. It would be a godsend if George got EU distro.
Vapefiend are the undisputed GOAT over here, lightning fast delivery every time and top notch service with no questions asked when issues arise.

Hopefully they’ll get a thing going with Vestratto in time. I’ve also found vapewellness to be really decent, Gaz over there is a good man that always sorts you out

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I've been doing sandwich hits with some concentrates
and it’s been knocking my socks off
but I never do dabs, I’ve only ever bought a gram or two in the past
I got an OZ yesterday…lol because great deals for 4/20
so I guess I do dabs now :science:

4/21 Still Vaping
Dr. Joe Rogan Approved

rollerskater

i do like the anvil :)

it isnt my favorite vape but subjectively i feel its the only one i have that i can say "pumps out" vapor (vapes with actual pumps/fans notwithstanding). not to go into a full on compare/contrast but with my other butane vapes, while i can get equally full extraction from them, the experience is more of "coaxing" and "pulling" the vapor out. the very strong initial (and sustained if you like) anvil hit gives it more of a quarterhorse vibe, bursting right out the gate! pretty unique piece for me, havent used another quite like it.

My_50p_worth

while i can get equally full extraction from them, the experience is more of "coaxing" and "pulling" the vapor out.

This puts into words something I’ve been struggling to. This is exactly it for me too. My other devices I can put the work in and get what I want, the anvil I just light a torch and wait 30 seconds or so to have that same extraction effortlessly

RedZep

Experimenting with doing daytime vaping before my runs recently, mainly as an excuse to vape more lol. But I have found the half bowl packed to 50% capacity or less is a pretty nice microdose. I've been aiming my torch between the bottom and middle of the chamber each time. Did 5 of them over the course of two hours or so and got a pretty nice buzz going. I noticed that when running on a vapcap my limbs felt a bit heavier overall and the Anvil left me more in my head during the run and less focused on the feeling of lifting my legs to run.
Could be just how I'm feeling physically in general rather than anything to do with vapor signature, but atm I lean towards it being a difference in vapor signature.

Regardless, I'm really liking half bowls filled half way or less for more of a daytime microdosing style of usage. And I wanted to share my analysis of the vapor signature outside of flavor because I notice a lot of speculation of vapor signature comes from a taste perspective rather than an effects perspective and I personally find vapor signature of effects more intriguing than signature in regards to taste.

Idk lol, I'm interested to see how other people find the experience to be, but I do lean towards this being a convection leaning device overall. I went at it with my Enano recently to compare though and the Anvil does not feel like full convection in comparison. So definitely leaning hybrid with a convection leaning but I have no idea about the actual percentage of them in the process lol. Like maybe 75% convection or 80% but fuck if I know lol. I just feel like based off my 5 mile runs after vaping a vapcap and an Anvil, I could definitely feel a difference between those experiences. Intrigued to see if others feel the same or if I'm off here.

Also, with the Blazer Firefox, I have been able to tone it down to a spot where when I ride the line it doesn't come out quite as a "ride the line" roast but comes out still as dark as I'd personally like it. To do find that spot that I like, I brought the flame to a size where the avb came out blackened completely and then toned it down slowly until it was no longer demolished basically lol. That process of slowly toning down my flame rather than trying to make the flame bigger (like with my eagle torches) has been a better way to find that sweetspot with my torch. So maybe this sounds like blasphemy, but if you are having issues finding a sweetspot with your torch, I suggest maybe throwing caution to the wind and risking combustion and then slowly pulling things back rather than starting low temp and slowly working your way towards rtl. But that's entirely a subjective finding of mine and I'm just gonna suggest it to those that always lean towards the side of caution with vaping (like me lol).

PS. I can't shut up about this vape because I love the heck out if so far but I'm afraid to express that sentiment on another site out of fear of coming off like a total shill for this vape. It has become quite apparent why the founders club maybe came off as paid off promoters initially. Here's my counter-argument for that sentiment, maybe the Anvil is actually just that good ;)
Lol but in all seriousness, maybe the mixed reviews it just a matter of different strokes for different folks, hence vas leading people into all sorts of different directions, but for me personally this vape seems to be the VAS killer that I never would have expected. Always been into temp stepping and slowly working through a bowl, but I guess a quick hit and done is also a pretty great way to consume herb, go figure. It's nice to have a vape that just gets to the point in all honesty.
I've noticed the only people who don't love the device have the wrong torch, or don't have the torch dialed in (flame size, distance).

JPE

i do like the anvil :)

it isnt my favorite vape but subjectively i feel its the only one i have that i can say "pumps out" vapor (vapes with actual pumps/fans notwithstanding). not to go into a full on compare/contrast but with my other butane vapes, while i can get equally full extraction from them, the experience is more of "coaxing" and "pulling" the vapor out. the very strong initial (and sustained if you like) anvil hit gives it more of a quarterhorse vibe, bursting right out the gate! pretty unique piece for me, havent used another quite like it.
New anvil owner here. Loving it so far. It is like a mini flowerpot, the power the thermal battery has is insane.

Your explanation about the vapour production is exactly right.

johnnyCanuck

I've noticed the only people who don't love the device have the wrong torch, or don't have the torch dialed in (flame size, distance).
I enjoy using the anvil but I’m not over the moon about it. Never combusted. I can get a dark brown to golden AVB by choice at anytime.

I was more enamoured with the vape the first week I got it but since putting it in rotation, it’s lost some of its lustre for me. It did make me take out the SBJ and put that back into rotation as well and damn am I enjoying that vape again!

JPE

I enjoy using the anvil but I’m not over the moon about it. Never combusted. I can get a dark brown to golden AVB by choice at anytime.

I was more enamoured with the vape the first week I got it but since putting it in rotation, it’s lost some of its lustre for me. It did make me take out the SBJ and put that back into rotation as well and damn am I enjoying that vape again!
Whats your rotation?

JPE,

someTooL

I would like to request that the condenser is made available to be added as a spare part. Being able to soak one while using the other would be nice. I’m mostly concerned about below the screen build up and not wanting to pop it out to clean.

My_50p_worth

I would like to request that the condenser is made available to be added as a spare part. Being able to soak one while using the other would be nice. I’m mostly concerned about below the screen build up and not wanting to pop it out to clean.
Use the dynavap SS screens! Cleaning has been so much less painful since using these. Pop in and out with way less deformation. Less crumbs get through too

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
How sick is the Simrell Anvil stem going to be!
7457-E4-BB-1-B84-4-AF1-9-C59-3-C684115-CD54.jpg

755-FEC6-F-F094-424-C-B8-C2-A1-E13-D8000-AC.jpg

My_50p_worth

IMG_0939.jpg

Pictures were teased on discord awhile back…
I really wish that guy would switch it up sometimes and make his pieces a bit more unique to the vape they’re being used on. Seems to take his DV stuff and just modifies it to fit the vape of the week haha. The smooth streamlined look of the stem is kinda jarring with the sort of blocky industrial look of the oven IMO.

I suppose both he and his fans value the consistent aesthetic though, you see his products and know it’s a Simrell without having to ask

Glorg

As a guy with a really fancy simrell dv tbh I have zero interest in ported stem for the anvil. If he’s not making some internal sleeve or floating heat shield that thing is going to be hot af. I’m more hoping for makers to drop some cool looking heatshields for the stock stem

Last edited:

My_50p_worth

As a guy with a really fancy simrell dv tbh I have zero interest in ported stem for the anvil. If he’s not making some internal sleeve or floating heat shield that thing is going to be hot af. I’m more hoping for makers to drop some cool looking heatshields for the stock stem
Exactly this, if I’m getting an anvil stem I’m getting an anvil stem. Not a ported DV stem designed for DV vapour characteristics

Top Bottom