Anvil by Vestratto

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I took the suggestion to get the flame right on my Blazer Firefox for improved/repeatable results. I’m happy I did. Really happy.

Anvil in transit. Wondering how long you adjust the inner blue flame on the Firefox for predictable results? Any additional techniques, tricks that will flatten the leaning curve are appreciated. Thanks.

BLACK-best.png

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Anvil in transit. Wondering how long you adjust the inner blue flame on the Firefox for predictable results? Any additional techniques, tricks that will flatten the leaning curve are appreciated. Thanks.

BLACK-best.png
There is not much to pass on to flatten the learning curve than to try it. It does vary from torch to torch and the amount air flow through the device. Have fun and enjoy experimenting!

stonedmallone

I took the suggestion to get the flame right on my Blazer Firefox for improved/repeatable results. I’m happy I did. Really happy.

I’ve cut my consumption down too. Two bowls back to back three times a day is perfect.

The high from the Anvil is like nothing I’ve experienced vaporizing, smoking or dabbing. Closer to an edible for how hard it hits and how long it lasts.
Do you have a pic for reference? Love to see ur flame size and distance

SillyNotMe

Back to spinning. I’m calling bro science on myself. It seems irrelevant. I just did 3 cycles within 9 minutes. All three with a simple pocket Eagle torch aimed at the same aim point on the oven. Heat up times were about 55 seconds and time between first heat up click to first cool down click were about 60 seconds. All times +/- 3 seconds. First heat up was no spinning. Second and third were spun. No appreciable difference.

No magnets were used during this set of trials.

I’m going to keep spinning. Cheers to those who heat up on stands with fixed torches.

Roffa

BLACK-best.png
Time your heat up. 30 seconds should be about right. I use a quad torch and vary the distance to the Anvil to get different heating times

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Half bowl around 30-35 seconds with the Ronx
PXL-20220406-214600614-2.jpg

PXL-20220406-214306789-2.jpg

BLACK-best.png
I prefer the airflow all the way open (middle piece screwed in all the way) and a bigger single flame pointed anywhere from the lower thermal battery to the middle oven
Do you have a pic for reference? Love to see ur flame size and distance
I quoted my prior post above with a pic of my Ronx flame length and abv for top of the battery hit. Nowadays I'll pop the bowl off to get a cool click and go a second heat and cycle to more fully extract. Flame length is a little over an inch but going bigger is fine too
Back to spinning. I’m calling bro science on myself. It seems irrelevant. I just did 3 cycles within 9 minutes. All three with a simple pocket Eagle torch aimed at the same aim point on the oven. Heat up times were about 55 seconds and time between first heat up click to first cool down click were about 60 seconds. All times +/- 3 seconds. First heat up was no spinning. Second and third were spun. No appreciable difference.

No magnets were used during this set of trials.

I’m going to keep spinning. Cheers to those who heat up on stands with fixed torches.
Fuck that little Eagle torch though. Maybe try the Honest two pack for $11 and see what a bigger single flame can do. Two bucks cheaper than when I got mine and while they're a cheap and a bit loud you can get a click wherever you want in under 30 seconds

55 seconds isn't how the Anvil is supposed to work really and for me it was only when I stopped using my dinky, slow single torches that I understood the Anvil's capabilities

vaping herbs

Hello dear community,
Are there by any chance those here who have ordered the anvil to Germany?
Could you tell me what extra costs I would have to pay at German customs and whether it goes through customs without any problems?

vaping herbs,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have the same issue with the anvil I do with many other vapes being released recently.

It looks interesting but it's just too damn expensive for me. I have nothing I really want to sell at the moment to fund this.

I will just look from afar and hope the price goes down one day....

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I have the same issue with the anvil I do with many other vapes being released recently.

It looks it looks interesting but it's just too damn expensive for me. I have nothing I really want to sell at the moment to fund this.

I will just look from afar and hope the price goes down one day....
The Anvil is a sort of portable desktop/heavy, so it's a not bad price for its functional capabilities. However, you could build a cheaper desktop/heavy, which is kind of an amazing development. All you'd sacrifice, really, would be the portability, but you could go for a torch elev8r with WPA bowl for probably the cheapest portable heavy.

kadjo

Anyone have issues with no airflow? I'm using the ronks torch and trying to heat the band at the top, not the base "battery" even with the airflow open all the way there is no airflow it stops up. When cool I can feel air pass through again. Also I've been through about 7 cycles and am not hearing any cool down click, no matter how long I've waited.

kadjo,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Anvil is a sort of portable desktop/heavy, so it's a not bad price for its functional capabilities. However, you could build a cheaper desktop/heavy, which is kind of an amazing development. All you'd sacrifice, really, would be the portability, but you could go for a torch elev8r with WPA bowl for probably the cheapest portable heavy.
Is that a convection vape? Can you do a big, dense lighter roast hit and then a dark one a minute later or vice versa?

I don't know any other convection vape that lets you dial up whatever kind of hit you want as nimbly and consistently as the Anvil. Vapes that heat soak can't cool down or adjust as quickly.

JPE

My Anvil is in the mail. What sort of magnet thing do I need to do back to back bowls? I didint get the case that comes with it.

JPE,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Glorg

I don’t know if anyone else has tried this or if I’m baked and it’s super obvious but if your using the magnet cap from the case on the off centered side (which I prefer) you can attach extra ovens sticking off the side of it and flick them to the top or off the side, it makes hot swapping multiple bowls easy, to make the flick part easier just insert the stem without threading it and move it over, it stays stuck to the magnet shifting off the side.

ch3r6nz9n

Not nice. Do not flame other members.
a late jan drop just arrived in Aus, yeea! Even with a bodgy torch the 1st rip on this sucker valiadated the hype, I love this thing & am already thinking of ways I can repurpose my Simrell/Revolve titanium. I mean how how anyone hold this in their hand & criticise the engineering?? ffs!!

This whole shit is some fuckin hilarious microcosmic tribalism, replete with gaslit strawmen down poisoned wells for dayys, haha! what's life without ultraniche subforum pwoertripping drama!!

It's pretty fuckin funny (but depressing if dwelled upon) to watch these brand loyalty acolytes subconciously imbue their screeds with neofash methodology, over a fuckin rod

equally funny is the sanctimonious superiority complex from users & mods alike, acting like you all aint here/there/both for your pushbutton/seekreward dopmine clicks. I know I am. No Drama=No Forum.
Dont pretend you're above it, you sound like cunts when u do xo!
/edit, I mean carry on! that's why we're here! zoom sesh's? gimme a break, go /outside for a bit lol

Last edited:

Roffa

I tried the Ispire Wand on the Anvil with meh results
The oven does heat up, but the battery is now heated by the magnetic steel in the oven's inside and outside casing and not directly by a flame. This robs the Anvil of its ability to clear the bowl in one go. You do get good extraction, but the ABV is light, and I need several hits with the ispire to get it darker. I've started pre-heating the oven without the bowl in it for 2 full cycles of the Wand's "automatic" setting and that improves things a bit when I screw the oven in. But the main thing is: the thermal battery isn't heated well. Bit of a bummer, but it's still nice to have at least one IH option.
All in all, it does work, but it robs the Anvil of its excitement. The vape signature is markedly different between using a flame and an IH. I think the Anvil would have to be differently constructed to deliver as well with an IH as it does with butane.

Last edited:

alex91

The benefit here is that if you're doing back-to-backs, once you reload and screw the chamber back on, you don't need to heat as long as you did from cold as the thermal battery already has residual heat stored. A couple of pages back I posted a video showing me doing back to back sessions that illustrated exactly that. My first heat cycle took ~38 seconds to the click, the second heat cycle was ~30 seconds. Both sessions in total took less than 4 minutes back-to-back.

That’s pretty fast for a portable. Now imagine it with the 0.2g bowl. About 4 minutes to consume 0.4g. It’s like 1 Dynavap bowl per minute, which is amazing. I know it’s kind of unfair, but If you include the heat soak time for some desktops, it beats some, but even with heat soak time aside, it’s still a pretty fast way to consume 0.4g.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Isn't the Anvil and its "thermal battery" the epitome of a "heat soak" vape?
Yes and no I guess? What I mean is that any desktop vapes that warm up can't be adjusted from hit to hit. The Anvil offers a different kind of control because you can pop the bowl out after a dark hit and then do a lighter one less than a minute later (or vice versa).

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Anvil pro tip
Want more flavor? More power? Take the little twisty metal insert (restricter plate) out and give it a whirl:tup: after a few hits it becomes a shit collector unless taken apart and cleaned. The myth that a twisted metal piece in a tube that size is a cooling apparatus is just that, a myth:D

Last edited:

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
Anvil pro tip
Want more flavor? More power? Take the little twisty metal insert (restricter plate) out and give it a whirl:tup: after a few hits it becomes a shit collector unless taken apart and cleaned. The myth that a twisted metal piece in a tube that size is a cooling apparatus is just that, a myth:D
The twisted metal is there to catch particles not cool

Top Bottom