Anvil by Vestratto

Sweet-vapour-69420

bloomfield hills wtf GIF

@4everpushingaboulder I hate to agree with a Redditor but maybe you had a point all along :rofl:

It seems “Anville” is actually the village from Hot Fuzz

Last edited:
Sweet-vapour-69420,
  • Haha
Reactions: Sour Dream

DocNicksche

Wow! So many post over the last 24hs! :nod:

I, for my part, am still anxiously awaiting that email to open up "Anville" for me!
Vestratto, or John and Whiff, are doing a great job in my honest opinion. John for obviously working off his ass to produce Anvils as fast as possible and with the level of quality he, and subsequently we, can and will be satisfied with. In addition to that he takes the time to keep us updated every week in the sunday post. I have never done it, but I'm sure a product launch is stressful enough to get through, without the additional hassle he goes through. I honestly don't know about many "start-ups" that offer this level of service to future (!) customers.
And, the fact that vestratto supplies the early adapters with fully updated user editions for free is just outstanding. I'm bloody jealous I missed out the be with that bunch, I have to admit that.
I came to late for that. But after informing myself here on FC about the anvil I just knew that I want one!
Considering that I paid 250€ for my blomni, which, for me at least, plays in a totally different league than the anvil, I don't think that 230$ for the unit + chamber is overprized. It's not cheap, that's for sure, but I consider it reasonable, especially if you take into account what other heavy hitters cost.

Oh, and whiff... I just like this guy! The man with the iron lungs! :rockon:
Totally one of the good guys too...all these social media happenings and participating in forums like this all day long, is a serious piece of work too.

This, just to spread some peace again ✌️
All I would like to ask at this point is, to finally get a picture of the green heatshields 💚😉

Spleeeno

Horsin around
Why the negativity? He’s pumping them out as fast as they can so more people can enjoy the Anvil like the ones who were fortunate and took the chance on it from day one. Give it a test. Put up the money when it’s available at the posted price or move on! The negative bullshit is getting old and no one wants to hear it!!!
I'm just pointing out their hands-off approach to SOME information - not the building process, speed of incorporating feedback, or refinement of the shipped product - but retailer dates, roles and now pricing, which all could have been handled better. heard me say its too pricey? nope, because I dont think it is - I think the price is still absolutely fine, even a bit on the cheaper side for what the performance seems to be. the price change was just handled with poor timing, which is what I'm pointing out.

from my perspective whiffs role is still as undefined as planethazes was, and that didnt work out great, or did it? just point me to someone that can give the customers some rough estimates, dates or prices or atleast some sort of insight one would associate with a "brand rep" and everything is fine? or dont give me any of that, but dont call yourself a "brand rep" in that case - like I said in my first post?

I'm not hating on whiff or john, I'm pretty sure they're doing their best in what they see as their role.
I'm just saying this stuff should be handled in a more upfront way in the future - that might have helped with reddit too - so we're gonna end up with less drama and we can finally focus on the vape instead...

jasp3r

Just got my updated unit. First impression, wow this baby is polished and looks so much better than my founders edition.

Just ran new one in my wand two cycles, haven't cleaned it, haven't packed a bowl... just wanted to see if the induction would work. Voila it did! Some sort of vapor coming out of the fully empty device, prob just some machining residuing burning off. Good reminder to always clean vapes before using them!

However my copper is turning silver after being in the wand. Anyone else experiencing this?
Just quoting this, if that's even allowed because I feel like it just got buried in a flurry of unrelated posts.

Think its important and best to leave the drama to another thread

Pepeluis33

And, the fact that vestratto supplies the early adapters with fully updated user editions for free is just outstanding. I'm bloody jealous I missed out the be with that bunch, I have to admit that.
Same here, in my case I lost the chance because of LaCentraleVapeur scam, I thought was a legit preorder. Now I've cancelled my LCV order and I'm in the waitlist, I will never forgive them for this :mad:

About the drama, I think people are not aware of how lucky we are to have John in our midst. This is no ordinary company that has been made to make money. He could be on a paradise beach enjoying his retirement but he is here making one of the most revolutionary vaporizers of the last years (in case anyone doesn't know, he doesn't need more money for anything, he sold one of his surgical inventions for a bunch of money).

So why does he get into this mess?
I think is because he is a person with a restless mind, who can't stand still, who has been inspired by a painful event in his life to make a great vaporizer.
Yes, the company may be flawed, but it's only because John's biggest obsession in this adventure can be summarized in 3 points: vapor vapor vapor, to produce the best vapor ever.

About the haters, I can understand: they are afraid that Anvil will be so good, that all that huge and expensive collection of tubes they own and that all do more or less the same thing will be relegated to the background. :)

Seriously, I don't think people are aware of how much we should thank John for all his efforts.
Thanks John, thank you for bringing your genius to the world of vaporizing. :love:

Last edited:

Pepeluis33

Interesting how any criticism quickly gets replied to with some long paragraph of “we should appreciate John. He’s amazing and anvil is amazing and everything great right now”

Definitely not coming across a little culty, guys
I really appreciate your criticisms, they are necessary of course, I just wanted to clarify that this is not a regular company trying to make money, at least this is how I feel it.

Coming back to the topic, a question: what is the point of the half bowl chamber? does the full chamber half filled works the same? not sure if I should pick one chamber of each kind or just 2 full bowl chambers.

Last edited:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
The dark, sweaty side of VAS here recently makes for uncomfortable reading; may it go away.

Just got my updated unit. First impression, wow this baby is polished and looks so much better than my founders edition.
Yes, my Founders unit now looks quite unrefined compared to the Users. In fact, I think some Founders purchasers would have been pretty disappointed with their units once they saw beautiful Users edition coming out so soon afterwards; which means John did the right thing to send out the free upgrades imo.
Buyers of the Users edition are going to be very pleased with their purchase, I'm sure of that.

I mentioned earlier how better balanced/weighted in the hand the Users is compared to the Founders. This means it also sits straighter in 14mm female joints, rather than tilting slightly to the side due to the top heavy oven.

I've had so many of those moments with the Anvil where I've exhaled a giant cloud, inspected the perfectly even AVB, then just shaken my head and smiled. It's bought me so much pleasure using it.

Vestratto

Manufacturer
Don’t worry man it wasn’t aimed at you :) I get you completely!
Hi there.
John here.

During heat cycles the exposed pure copper develops a patina from the oxides on its surface. The thickness of the oxides determines the color spectrum of the light reflected. The initial silverfish sheen noticed with the induction heater will unfortunately pass over time and be replaced by a dullish brown as the oxides reach their mature thickness. It would be nice if it would stay shiny like that :) We chose pure copper for its thermal properties not its cosmetic appeal. For many of you heating your Anvils with torches you will initially be able to see amazing blues and pinks being the two oxygen and three oxygen variants of the copper oxide. Over time the jumble becomes that diffuse brown though.

Criticism of Vestratto business practices.

In my view there are many many types of businesses. Restaurants post their menus/prices on the street so you can decide whether to go in. Department stores post price tags on individual units so that you can't see them until you walk in the store. Auctions let the customers determine the price in real time. Online stores offer 40% off the day after you buy it. Rock concerts make you line up for three days in the snow. Whatever. I can find you an example of just about every type of pricing practice out there. To harp on and on about how my strategies are flawed out of the entire world of business practices seems a bit targeted on your part. Who are you?

Somehow - even after posting exactly what we are going to do - which is open the store to the first members on our waitlist and let them have 24 hours to decide if the offer is to their liking - you feel the need to go on and on about something you feel personally invested in. I can guarantee that you will have ample time to decide if you want to buy an Anvil or not. I'm not going anywhere. And if you think its too pricey pass. And if you didn't get your money together just catch it next round.

I develop a vape that literally kicks ass on the competition. I upgraded everyone free of charge. I continuously improve the product. I tell you when the price information is going to be released. I'm done with this.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Congratulations on this milestone day @Vestratto. I hope you sell a thousand Anvils as soon as they're stocked and sorry for the headaches from whinging, would-be customers.

Mods are on the case to keep things friendly so hopefully you don't feel obliged to further justify your business practices during this busiest of times.

Here's hoping the antsy energy settles down after the Users launch and you can spend your time selling Anvils, developing the ecosystem, and stacking up even more effusive praise from satisfied customers. :tup:

Planck

believes in Dog
A basic Anvil with one full herb chamber is going to be $229 USD.
Vestratto, Yesterday at 3:43 PM Report

Dude you literally could’ve just posted the prices last night, everyone would’ve been cool. Instead you’re playing the victim and doing some weird hard done by act over an issue you yourself have caused. A little self awareness goes an awful long way, John.

What’s making me a little worried now is the lengths you’re going to avoid posting the pricing which is a very simple thing to do.
Sweet-vapour-69420, 11 minutes ago Report
Priceless, credibility zero :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Vestratto

Manufacturer
I'm not avoiding releasing the pricing.

I'm releasing the pricing when I send the emails to our wait list later in the day as I have said from the outset. Just cause folks stamp their feet and get red in the face doesn't change my plan at all.

Spoiler alert. Its the same +/- a few bucks as the Omni. Did I say that since the beginning?

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
How much is a half chamber? I like to micro dose during the day. A case? Is there an option for a full kit?

It’s easy to throw snark, it’s a lot harder to think for yourself it would seem ;)
As Vestratto stated above you will find out the price in 3 hours when you get the email, you then have 24hrs to decide what you wish

Vestratto

Manufacturer
How much is a half chamber? I like to micro dose during the day. A case? Is there an option for a full kit?

It’s easy to throw snark, it’s a lot harder to think for yourself it would seem ;)
Hi there.
Its John here.

I'm going to address the bit about micro-dosing and ignore the dead horse that we've been beating for hours.

One of the things that makes the Anvil unique is that the temperature sensors are located internally to the herb chamber, not the outer shell. Because of this intimate coupling the snap occurs when the cannabis is at the correct temperature to have been 1) dried 2) decarboxylated and 3) prepared for the introduction of convection air. The total integrated heat in the system can be adjusted by focusing the torch on the body (low temp) through to the CopperBlock thermal reservoir (high temp). In all cases the snap occurs when the herb reaches the same temperature guaranteeing the consistency from bowl to bowl. For micro-dosing this is particularly important because it enables a more accurate dosimetry. The initial intention of a "one and done" approach is because the medical patients I developed Anvil for weren't socializing but rather medicating and then getting on with their day. A full extraction in one heat cycle is a great way to ensure a consistent dose. It has turned out that if it works for Medical it works for Recreational but the opposite isn't necessarily true.

4everpushingaboulder

I'm not avoiding releasing the pricing.

I'm releasing the pricing when I send the emails to our wait list later in the day as I have said from the outset. Just cause folks stamp their feet and get red in the face doesn't change my plan at all.

Spoiler alert. Its the same +/- a few bucks as the Omni. Did I say that since the beginning?
Seinfeld Soup GIF

Sweet-vapour-69420

So, in some news that will make a great many happy I have asked @Stu to delete my account on here :rofl:

After giving it some thought, I will order my anvil today, and enjoy it from a distance away from this thread and site as I feel this is an optimal solution for all involved.

I hope you all enjoy yours just as much as I will, and maybe with time some of you will at least appreciate where I’ve been coming from.. even if you still disagree.

Cheers and gone FC

Last edited:

4everpushingaboulder

So, in some news that will make a great many happy (and probably become my most liked comment) I have asked @Stu to delete my account on here :rofl:

After giving it some thought, I will order my anvil today, and enjoy it from a distance away from this thread and site as I feel this is an optimal solution for all involved.

I hope you all enjoy yours just as much as I will, and maybe with time some of you will at least appreciate where I’ve been coming from.. even if you still disagree.

Cheers and gone FC
Always welcome on Reddit!

4everpushingaboulder

For micro-dosing this is particularly important because it enables a more accurate dosimetry. The initial intention of a "one and done" approach is because the medical patients I developed Anvil for weren't socializing but rather medicating and then getting on with their day. A full extraction in one heat cycle is a great way to ensure a consistent dose. It has turned out that if it works for Medical it works for Recreational but the opposite isn't necessarily true.
wait. So now you’re an expert on my medical condition and how much dosage I need to medicate properly?

Seems very judgmental for you to assume that my dosage is higher because I want to socialize?

It’s already been determined you’re an engineer not a businessman. Now you’re trying to be a doctor too.

Stay in your lane before you offend someone else.

Vestratto

Manufacturer
wait. So now you’re an expert on my medical condition and how much dosage I need to medicate properly?

Seems very judgmental for you to assume that my dosage is higher because I want to socialize?

It’s already been determined you’re an engineer not a businessman. Now you’re trying to be a doctor too.

Stay in your lane before you offend someone else.
Hi there
John here.

Sorry I may not have worded my reply correctly. I have strived to make the Anvil extremely repeatable. Each individual naturally decides their own dose. My goal is to provide you a consistent extraction which is the engineers purview, not the amount or strain, which is the Doctors. I apologize for any mis-understanding.

Top Bottom