Anvil by Vestratto

jbm

I mean cheaper is always good but with the upgrades and machining not being done in house anymore i cant see the Anvil being cheaper than 250, if anything i would assume it would be the same or slightly more but im not a part of sales so am unsure about pricing. If i hear anything i will be sure to let you guys know
I’m confused by what you’re saying here. Is there some way you can contact John and get some clarification on what we’re going to see offered in less than 10 hours at this point?

Sweet-vapour-69420

Well this is just what you want to come into this thread and see. I’m going to keep my mind open, but if there’s been a price increase on the sly that’s a total slime ball move regardless of how great Anvil is.

You’d think at this point John would’ve hired a company mouthpiece to avoid this situation repeating. Whiff is an awesome dude that I have a lot of time for, but if the “company rep” can’t even tell you what it’s going to cost less than 12 hours before orders start..

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
I’m confused by what you’re saying here. Is there some way you can contact John and get some clarification on what we’re going to see offered in less than 10 hours at this point?
I have already and if i hear back i will let you know
Well this is just what you want to come into this thread and see. I’m going to keep my mind open, but if there’s been a price increase on the sly that’s a total slime ball move regardless of how great Anvil is.

You’d think at this point John would’ve hired a company mouthpiece to avoid this situation repeating. Whiff is an awesome dude that I have a lot of time for, but if the “company rep” can’t even tell you what it’s going to cost less than 12 hours before orders start..
i mean if i myself dont know the answer then how am i supposed to tell you, i assumed last time and look where that got us lol. i am the Brand Ambassador and main tester i have nothing to do with sales so am un aware of pricing and stuff as you can already tell. The best bet as i said already in previous posts is sales inquiries should be sent to John, i am here to answer questions regarding usage, tips and stuff of that nature. At time i do try my best to reach out to John for answers but he doesnt always get back to me right away.

That being said and having been in the manufacturing medical device ecosystem , that usually means that the cost of production have would be reduced as you are outsourcing for exactly that!
Again this is all assumptions i am making if i had to take a guess but i really cant see it being less than $250 usd considering what another manufacturer is selling their products at. The $250 price range is pretty fair considering what else is available at the same price point. Hopefully i am wrong tho

Last edited:

Sweet-vapour-69420

I have already and if i hear back i will let you know

i mean if i myself dont know the answer then how am i supposed to tell you, i assumed last time and look where that got us lol. i am the Brand Ambassador and main tester i have nothing to do with sales so am un aware of pricing and stuff as you can already tell. The best bet as i said already in previous posts is sales inquiries should be sent to John, i am here to answer questions regarding usage, tips and stuff of that nature. At time i do try my best to reach out to John for answers but he doesnt always get back to me right away.
Yeah but this is the point being made man. Someone needs to know all this stuff and be telling the people ready to pay for one HOW MUCH they’re paying. Yet again it’s looking like devolving into Chinese whispers just because nobody is taking charge and getting ahead of things. We’re all fully accepting how busy John is, that’s totally fine. He’s making something really game changing with little outside support. Someone from Vestratto should really be in here giving us all the sales information though. Fair enough if that’s not your job role, but that doesn’t mean it’s not important. Just look at this thread, look at the previous “launch” and the mess surrounding it.

All could be avoided

Sweet-vapour-69420,
Reactions: BKR2311

Vestratto

Manufacturer
I just said 2 posts ago that it would be fine the a la carte model ended up costing less than the full price of the kit. The simplest way to keep us from “jumping to conclusions” would be for someone representing Vestratto to tell us the pricing.
Hi guys.

John here.

First off. Let me say that from the very outset I have been very very Public that the Anvil was going to be priced in line with our competitors High-End offering. Frankly given the Anvil's comparative performance I think that's pretty good value. Those of you who own any other vape can chime in here and call BS on me if I'm talking smack! And even though we have made significant upgrades and quality improvements to the Anvil we have borne all of those costs on our side and have not increased our price target at all.

I have stayed out of the Public discussion for a number of weeks - head down hard at it as it were - and let you, the Users community determine if the Anvil Users Edition is any good. I've had reports that it saves 40% on herb for heavy daily users. That the "high" is extremely satisfying. That gram for gram it hits harder than even the beastliest desktop vapes costing 2-3 times more. That the flavour/extraction profile is outstanding. And - I've told you that the Anvil has been, and will be the vape that I want to build and that I want it to be the very best. I'm not interested in building something cheap. If this is a car analogy I want to build a Ferrari not a Ford.

If you believe Vestratto charging the same as our competition is gouging then we are gouging and you shouldn't buy an Anvil. When we had the minor cosmetic issues with the Founders version I offered a 100% refund policy. Only one person took us up on a refund. And that person never even used the Anvil. That person posted pictures of minor blemishes and made out like I had kicked their dog and eaten their ice cream. I called them on it and they picked up their toys and went home. Everyone else who purchased the Founders edition worked with us. Remember that all of the great reviews that have been written about the Anvil until just recently were based solely on the Founders edition that shipped in December. Even though Anvil was getting amazing performance reviews I personally felt the build wasn't good enough and so I replaced every Founders Anvil with an upgraded Users Edition at no cost. The Users Edition is not only a superior build, but it has many additional features based on direct customer feedback. I have tried to listen and many of you who have reached out directly to me know that to be true.

I eliminated bundled kits so that customers can get into an Anvil at a basic price and then build out as they can either afford or see fit. We aren't here to force you into anything you don't want to do. If you want a stash from Futo get one. I'm not making you buy our tube. If you want two full bowls - get them. We are no longer insisting you get a full and a half. A basic Anvil with one full herb chamber is going to be $229 USD. I believe that is a fair price. That Anvil will hit just as hard for folks at the top of their affordability bracket as one tricked out with every extra we can provide. My strategy is to let people move into Anville. Anvil isn't cheap. From the outset I never forecast that we would compete on any other attributes than our quality and our vapour.

The Founders introductory price of $199 was an unbelievably good deal that we only ever planned to have available on the Launch Weekend because just 12 weeks ago Vestratto was a total unknown. $199 was an introductory price on a unit that no one but Whiff, Sneaky Pete and a few others had seriously experienced. That said I think we have had a really good feedback. Some folks who've never even had an Anvil in their hands keep insisting that the Anvil is all hype. No matter how many users give Anvil a good review some folks always claim it's hype. I try not to hype anything. I have tried to be totally transparent and accurate and I am still planning to ruthlessly pursue making Anvil a better vape.

I believe Anvil is being priced fairly as one of the best performing units in it's, or any, category. When we go live tomorrow our prices will be totally in line with what we have said from the very beginning. That isn't gouging. That's keeping a promise we made and intend to honour.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Yeah but this is the point being made man. Someone needs to know all this stuff and be telling the people ready to pay for one HOW MUCH they’re paying. Yet again it’s looking like devolving into Chinese whispers just because nobody is taking charge and getting ahead of things. We’re all fully accepting how busy John is, that’s totally fine. He’s making something really game changing with little outside support. Someone from Vestratto should really be in here giving us all the sales information though. Fair enough if that’s not your job role, but that doesn’t mean it’s not important. Just look at this thread, look at the previous “launch” and the mess surrounding it.

All could be avoided
Yes i totally agree with you but Vestratto is literally just John and then me as brand ambassador, He has been busy as you can tell he hasnt been posting in here for awhile trying to get everything out and everyone settled. I reached out to John earlier today about the situation and have been waiting to hear back but im not sure when that will be

Sweet-vapour-69420

A basic Anvil with one full herb chamber is going to be $229 USD.

Thank God Yes GIF by Cooler - GIF Your TV

Vape_Or_Die420

Hi guys.

John here.

First off. Let me say that from the very outset I have been very very Public that the Anvil was going to be priced in line with our competitors High-End offering. Frankly given the Anvil's comparative performance I think that's pretty good value. Those of you who own any other vape can chime in here and call BS on me if I'm talking smack! And even though we have made significant upgrades and quality improvements to the Anvil we have borne all of those costs on our side and have not increased our price target at all.

I have stayed out of the Public discussion for a number of weeks - head down hard at it as it were - and let you, the Users community determine if the Anvil Users Edition is any good. I've had reports that it saves 40% on herb for heavy daily users. That the "high" is extremely satisfying. That gram for gram it hits harder than even the beastliest desktop vapes costing 2-3 times more. That the flavour/extraction profile is outstanding. And - I've told you that the Anvil has been, and will be the vape that I want to build and that I want it to be the very best. I'm not interested in building something cheap. If this is a car analogy I want to build a Ferrari not a Ford.

If you believe Vestratto charging the same as our competition is gouging then we are gouging and you shouldn't buy an Anvil. When we had the minor cosmetic issues with the Founders version I offered a 100% refund policy. Only one person took us up on a refund. And that person never even used the Anvil. That person posted pictures of minor blemishes and made out like I had kicked their dog and eaten their ice cream. I called them on it and they picked up their toys and went home. Everyone else who purchased the Founders edition worked with us. Remember that all of the great reviews that have been written about the Anvil until just recently were based solely on the Founders edition that shipped in December. Even though Anvil was getting amazing performance reviews I personally felt the build wasn't good enough and so I replaced every Founders Anvil with an upgraded Users Edition at no cost. The Users Edition is not only a superior build, but it has many additional features based on direct customer feedback. I have tried to listen and many of you who have reached out directly to me know that to be true.

I eliminated bundled kits so that customers can get into an Anvil at a basic price and then build out as they can either afford or see fit. We aren't here to force you into anything you don't want to do. If you want a stash from Futo get one. I'm not making you buy our tube. If you want two full bowls - get them. We are no longer insisting you get a full and a half. A basic Anvil with one full herb chamber is going to be $229 USD. I believe that is a fair price. That Anvil will hit just as hard for folks at the top of their affordability bracket as one tricked out with every extra we can provide. My strategy is to let people move into Anville. Anvil isn't cheap. From the outset I never forecast that we would compete on any other attributes than our quality and our vapour.

The Founders introductory price of $199 was an unbelievably good deal that we only ever planned to have available on the Launch Weekend because just 12 weeks ago Vestratto was a total unknown. $199 was an introductory price on a unit that no one but Whiff, Sneaky Pete and a few others had seriously experienced. That said I think we have had a really good feedback. Some folks who've never even had an Anvil in their hands keep insisting that the Anvil is all hype. No matter how many users give Anvil a good review some folks always claim it's hype. I try not to hype anything. I have tried to be totally transparent and accurate and I am still planning to ruthlessly pursue making Anvil a better vape.

I believe Anvil is being priced fairly as one of the best performing units in it's, or any, category. When we go live tomorrow our prices will be totally in line with what we have said from the very beginning. That isn't gouging. That's keeping a promise we made and intend to honour.
So no case at least? Isn’t it kind of neccssary to take the chamber on/off? If this is true and it costs more than $20 I am no longer interested. Thanks for the response

Last edited:
Vape_Or_Die420,

Cazi

Hi guys.

John here.

I personally think there is nothing wrong with the price when you compare it to what other companies are charging for their devices.
Well done John and Whiff, I am so excited for this and can’t wait for that email! Well done guys.

Vestratto

Manufacturer
So no case at least? Isn’t it kind of neccssary to take the chamber on/off? If this is true or it cost more than $20 I am no longer interested. I’ll buy one on the secondary market used in a few months or wait and see what Dynavap copy comes out. Thanks for the response
Hi there.
John here.
The case is a way of hot swapping but any accessory you already own with a magnet you currently have is also fine. We also built an alan key adaptor into the herb chambers that is actuated with a 50 cent part from any Home Depot.

jbm

Hi there.
John here.
The case is a way of hot swapping but any accessory you already own with a magnet you currently have is also fine. We also built an alan key adaptor into the herb chambers that is actuated with a 50 cent part from any Home Depot.
How much will it cost to get the same items in the former User Edition kit? All told. Base unit, case, whatever bowls and accessories came with the kit.

Sweet-vapour-69420

To be fair I’m not too fussed about the case, I just wanted to know the pricing and what you get for the money.

Now I have such information, 229 for the anvil and a full bowl is about right IMO. How much is an Omni again? Not far off and it’s nowhere near as powerful - also doesn’t come with a case. Things like cases are always better going third party anyway.

@Vestratto please man just hire a guy to handle this PR and sales stuff in future though, it’s been the Anvil’s biggest issue from day one.

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Hi guys.

John here.

So John. We are asking how much? I believe you should publish your price here as we have supported you all without having access to the product.

jbm

Price sounds good to me. Pretty peerless hit for the money from everything I've seen and read. How big is the half chamber versus full again?
I’m assuming that you can get it with only the half chamber? In the post he says 229 for the anvil with a full chamber.

Vestratto

Manufacturer
How much will it cost to get the same items in the former User Edition kit? All told. Base unit, case, whatever bowls and accessories came with the kit.
To be fair I’m not too fussed about the case, I just wanted to know the pricing and what you get for the money.

Now I have such information, 229 for the anvil and a full bowl is about right IMO. How much is an Omni again? Not far off and it’s nowhere near as powerful - also doesn’t come with a case. Things like cases are always better going third party anyway.

@Vestratto please man just hire a guy to handle this PR and sales stuff in future though, it’s been the Anvil’s biggest issue from day one
Price sounds good to me. Pretty peerless hit for the money from everything I've seen and read. How big is the half chamber versus full again?
Hi there.
1/2 is notionally 0.05g and full is 0.1g. Practically the Anvil works a lot better if it is packed a bit looser. She is biased heavily to convection so no need to pack densely. If you jam the bowls you can increase by about 20 percent no problem. The airflow control will be diminished as the draw resistance will become dominated by the tight pack.

Steel28

@Vestratto please man just hire a guy to handle this PR and sales stuff in future though, it’s been the Anvil’s biggest issue from day one.
Disagree, all the info and John‘s posts can’t compare to others. The level of manufacturing deets and ability to fucking LISTEN the community is second to none.

Sweet-vapour-69420

Disagree, all the info and John‘s posts can’t compare to others. The level of manufacturing deets and ability to fucking LISTEN the community is second to none.
You say that but we’ve only just found out the price. The price of one thing at that. Not the other stuff. Less than 12 hours before purchase time.

Believe it or not, you can be in awe of something while also not getting carried away by hype and recognising where there is room for improvement. PR and sales is very much that.

Ralph

You say that but we’ve only just found out the price. The price of one thing at that. Not the other stuff. Less than 12 hours before purchase time.

Believe it or not, you can be in awe of something while also not getting carried away by hype and recognising where there is room for improvement. PR and sales is very much that.

It looks like sales aren't a problem since they sold out so fast in the founders edition and the users edition will be limited as well for a short time. The device is amazing. If it was 300 bucks for the founders edition I would have still bought it. The device is a game changer!!! The hype is real. I mean the videos don't lie. I haven't used any of my other vapes since I got it. I am anxiously awaiting the users edition and may buy a second one just to have a back up. If the units for sale cost 229 and you had to buy either bowl after the fact, so what!!!! The only thing left to buy is a case. I mean c'mon is that really a deal breaker. Would you sacrifice and buy something else that's inferior to save 50 bucks and have buyers remorse. Buy once, cry once!!!!!!!!!

Steel28

It looks like sales aren't a problem since they sold out so fast in the founders edition and the users edition will be limited as well for a short time. The device is amazing. If it was 300 bucks for the founders edition I would have still bought it. The device is a game changer!!! The hype is real. I mean the videos don't lie. I haven't used any of my other vapes since I got it. I am anxiously awaiting the users edition and may buy a second one just to have a back up. If the units for sale cost 229 and you had to buy either bowl after the fact, so what!!!! The only thing left to buy is a case. I mean c'mon is that really a deal breaker. Would you sacrifice and buy something else that's inferior to save 50 bucks and have buyers remorse. Buy once, cry once!!!!!!!!!
I’m also in line for a second one.

Top Bottom