Anvil by Vestratto

TeaCup

Hey guys! Have read the whole thread as it's been going, but it's been awhile so I don't remember if this came up or not. Was deciding between this and an Elev8r and went with the 8r. Played around with it this weekend and one thing I'm having a hard time with is that after I torch it, how hard you pull can easily char the load. And I'm really not talking a very hard pull at all......the point I'm getting at is that there seems to be a mighty fine line right after I torch it that it's easy to char. After the click on the Anvil do you need to be incredibly mindful of your draw speed? Again, not a super hard pull, but something that's maybe a touch faster than a long slow draw.

And I know this next one has probably been answered and I could probably find it on my own........but were close to shipping time, and I wanna be ready to go ASAP if I'm gonna do it. If you put a largish load inside and take your time with it, how much is everything being cooked between hits? Shouldn't it be alot because of the heat retention? I have a Firewood and I'm totally fine with how much that one continues to cook it. So if it's no more than that, that's fine. Thanks alot.

TeaCup,

xChapita

@Whiff Hi! How are you? I have a question: Do you accept Paypal as payment method for Anvil? It's just that I'm signed up for the user edition. I will be the first Argentine to have it. he he.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Hey guys! Have read the whole thread as it's been going, but it's been awhile so I don't remember if this came up or not. Was deciding between this and an Elev8r and went with the 8r. Played around with it this weekend and one thing I'm having a hard time with is that after I torch it, how hard you pull can easily char the load. And I'm really not talking a very hard pull at all......the point I'm getting at is that there seems to be a mighty fine line right after I torch it that it's easy to char. After the click on the Anvil do you need to be incredibly mindful of your draw speed? Again, not a super hard pull, but something that's maybe a touch faster than a long slow draw.

If you put a largish load inside and take your time with it, how much is everything being cooked between hits? Shouldn't it be alot because of the heat retention? I have a Firewood and I'm totally fine with how much that one continues to cook it. So if it's no more than that, that's fine. Thanks alot.

On the waiting list, so don't have any first hand experience with the unit as of yet. @Vestratto has spent 3 + years engineering and testing the Anvil, and all parameters appear to have been considered. Don't think combustion will occur no matter how hard you draw.

Again, my limited understanding is that there are only two scenario combustion is likely to occur. The first is if you don't respect the 'click'. The second is during a 'hot swap' of ovens if both torch applications where directed to the copper thermal battery 'Riding the line' - max oven heat retention - and waiting for the 'click'. The solution is to heat further up the oven for the second chamber which will not over heat the oven and still provide a perfect extraction. Makes sense.

There are videos in this thread that intentionally let the unit untouched after heating for as long as 30 seconds with out combustion. Of course the longer you let the heated unit idle, the more heat is lost and likely some into the herb chamber similar to a conduction vape.

I'm sure others with experience with this unit will chime in if you have other questions.

Counting the days/weeks.

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep

And I know this next one has probably been answered and I could probably find it on my own........but were close to shipping time, and I wanna be ready to go ASAP if I'm gonna do it. If you put a largish load inside and take your time with it, how much is everything being cooked between hits? Shouldn't it be alot because of the heat retention? I have a Firewood and I'm totally fine with how much that one continues to cook it. So if it's no more than that, that's fine. Thanks alot.
How fast you draw shouldnt make a difference, i hit mine pretty hard.

What type of torch are you using?
Where are you heating?
How long till click?
What is your airflow adjustment set to?

To me it sounds like too much heat is being used, you should aim for a 45 sec click time when heating the thermal battery.

The herb is only really being cooked when you inhale not much is being cooked while idle, most of the heat is stored in the thermal battery and introduced while inhaling.

@Whiff Hi! How are you? I have a question: Do you accept Paypal as payment method for Anvil? It's just that I'm signed up for the user edition. I will be the first Argentine to have it. he he.
Sorry there is no pay pal available, pay pal does not like dealing with cannabis industry people. They have been know to freeze peoples accounts and keep the money, there may be a way around this and Vestratto may accept pay pal in the future but as of right now there is no pay pal available

Steel28

I just want to say that it’s true. Anvil’s form factor, fit, finish, hitting power and flavor are freaking outstanding. Instant thick milking that is unreal.

It can hit as hard as my Flowerpot and Hot Rod if not harder but here is the catch - vapor is totally different and so pleasant!! Damn its hard to explain but the effects are also much stronger. We have a winner.

Takes seconds to take apart, I can’t stop playing with i lol. Took me 38 seconds before the click and extraction was on point with dark avb. Used my Mobius Matrix Ion og and it’s was very cool vapor, almost like I had ice cubes in it.

John, Thank You for bringing Anvil to the community.

Last edited:

swieder711

Heard about this device on the dynavap thread. It looks well thought out and designed. I used an induction heater with my DV.

Is any one working on an induction heater that will work with the Anvil?

swieder711,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
My users edition arrived yesterday and it's a little better than the founders in almost every way. That being said, I have a new favorite. Users edition is first, founders edition is second, bumping my flowerpot down to 3rd haha. Nice job John

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Those are the kinds of stuff I gloss over because I usually never understand any of it anyways............so, yeah, big thanks! You answered it even though you completely misunderstood me, lol. I was talking about my Elev8r, I don't own an Anvil. But now I will.
hahaha dude i was so confused because i saw you said you went with the "8er" but then begin to talk about the Anvil hahahaha
the whole time i wondered if you typed 8er by acccident hahah
Heard about this device on the dynavap thread. It looks well thought out and designed. I used an induction heater with my DV.

Is any one working on an induction heater that will work with the Anvil?
Yes we will be working on an IH heater and im sure others will be too

My users edition arrived yesterday and it's a little better than the founders in almost every way. That being said, I have a new favorite. Users edition is first, founders edition is second, bumping my flowerpot down to 3rd haha. Nice job John
💪💪💪💨💨💨 The new terp chambers up the flavor and effects, glad to hear you are happy!!

Texus

I never got my Founders to a setting where I loved it with a water piece. Just a bit too tight a draw. Though didn't extensively tinker with that since it was so nice with my Herborizer Sherlock.

The user edition on the other hand, oooohhhhh my was it amazing with my Grav Upline Bubbler. I'm not sure that I've ever gotten a milkier, quicker hit than this one. And I say that as a CH B2 baller owner. I mean really amazingly dense rich pull. Freaking nuts. A big improvement there over what I was previously able to achieve.

Daaaaang

Glorg

So, can anyone recommend me glass under $150 to use with this amazing device? I have a tiny MJ Arsenal but it is way to small for the amount of clouds this puts out. Appreciate any and all guidance!
Check the cheap glass page for suggestions. I’d suggest the dhgate stemline from the seller “glassartist”

Glorg,
Reactions: BigJr48

coolbreeze

So, can anyone recommend me glass under $150 to use with this amazing device? I have a tiny MJ Arsenal but it is way to small for the amount of clouds this puts out. Appreciate any and all guidance!
Goo Roo 3 piece or HD 3 pc:

TAG bubbler, for something hand-holdable:

There are different prices listed, as well as a discount on the page.

Edit: Each of these is stable enough for any load, and the modularity of the GRs is awesome for substituting whips or mouthpieces to fit your sit. The cheap, high-quality glass thread has a ton of great choices at MUCH lower prices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom