Anvil by Vestratto

Whiff

Vestratto Brand Ambassador
Company Rep
Thanks for the very detailed tutorial! Don't have mine yet, but this will definitely reduce the learning curve for me.

Question: What factors do grind and packing play in the torch time or quality/thickness of vapor extracted? Are all the above times with a light pack? Thanks.
We recommend a light to normal pack to ensure max airflow then you can adjust to your liking.

Different ways to pack would be:

Through bong
Light/normal pack (0.08 -0.1g) = airflow set to half/wide open
Tight pack ( 0.15g) = Airflow wide open

Natively
Light normal pack = airflow set to half or 3/4 shut
Tight pack = airflow set to half

Note: if you like to knock your socks off and can take a throat hit thrn rluse the unit with the airflow wide open!

Falconflys

Put my founders chambers and copper core into my users and vice versa ,now
my users weighs 0.70 g more and feels better ,also now have better air flow in founders due to upgrades bowls,
going to change condenser,but founders is a fraction short which is the problem iam trying to fix with users condenser,too short,
tried simmrell stinger fits but doesn’t have the top screen attached,
could try the thick screen we used to use years ago with Firefly 1 ,
although be good ‘better if John could make a full length one for the users or attach the dynavap screen and top to a stinger,
it’s what happens to the vaperpath after the short condenser? Goes around a twist vortex type and out ,can taist slightly different ,
anyone know what’s the stems made of ? It’ what the Vapor’s in contact with?is my concern ? not SS or this vortex screen,? probably ok but we all go on about sealed safe air paths, plus you get a taist sometimes from mouthpiece? SS or titanium medical grade is taistless,it must be aluminium? What type grade ,? Wouldnt mind know what iam inhaling,
Does anyone know if this is or isn’t ,gives more airflow but is it safe,
anyone get Sunday post this week ,?
G
Oh my goodness! Posts that relate to to unhealthienes of vaping allways make me chuckle! Your thoughts are a concern I'm just an old stoner. I've been at it a long time and have probably inhaled all kinds of bad stuff. Back in the 70's we would joke about smoking "paraquat" a bad chemical the Mexicans would use on there plants. It is very good now that there is an industry still evolving that takes our health into consideration. No more smoking out of lead based products! I've probably been effected over the years and just don't know it!

Whiff

Company Rep
Put my founders chambers and copper core into my users and vice versa ,now
my users weighs 0.70 g more and feels better ,also now have better air flow in founders due to upgrades bowls,
going to change condenser,but founders is a fraction short which is the problem iam trying to fix with users condenser,too short,
tried simmrell stinger fits but doesn’t have the top screen attached,
could try the thick screen we used to use years ago with Firefly 1 ,
although be good ‘better if John could make a full length one for the users or attach the dynavap screen and top to a stinger,
it’s what happens to the vaperpath after the short condenser? Goes around a twist vortex type and out ,can taist slightly different ,
anyone know what’s the stems made of ? It’ what the Vapor’s in contact with?is my concern ? not SS or this vortex screen,? probably ok but we all go on about sealed safe air paths, plus you get a taist sometimes from mouthpiece? SS or titanium medical grade is taistless,it must be aluminium? What type grade ,? Wouldnt mind know what iam inhaling,
Does anyone know if this is or isn’t ,gives more airflow but is it safe,
anyone get Sunday post this week ,?
G
The founder oven is 316SS
The users oven is 416SS
Bodies are 316SS
Hestshield is aluminum
Mouthpiece is 316SS
Fly trap spiral is titanium
Condenser is 316SS
Screens are titanium
Oring are made from Viton

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
The founder oven is 316SS
The users oven is 416SS
Bodies are 316SS
Hestshield is aluminum
Mouthpiece is 316SS
Fly trap spiral is titanium
Condenser is 316SS
Screens are titanium
Oring are made from Viton
Interesting. Will all future ovens be made of 416SS? I have a very basic metallurgy understanding, but I think generally 316SS is more corrosion and chemical resistant. Curious as to why the switch to 416 was made? Costs?

BingsBuddery,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Interesting. Will all future ovens be made of 416SS? I have a very basic metallurgy understanding, but I think generally 316SS is more corrosion and chemical resistant. Curious as to why the switch to 416 was made? Costs?
Magnetism - To make better use of IH heating . Also is has high machinability.

magtoons

Man, I'm completely stoned on two bowls....holy shit! Some kinda engineer award is deserved here! This is a great option for medical patients and that's awesome that it fits John's original story.

Thanks to everyone for testing this, providing recommendations, and to John for implementing their feedback and taking care of these customers first. It was well worth the wait :clap:

Thanks nice info
why do magnets not attach to stem etc?
to light to be SS the stem,feels more aluminium to me ,founders is same ,
I just felt the founders better copper /heat sink better/
heavier more thermal mass ,more hit s so changed it ,my founders seem to prefer the new oven anyway ,
contacted austin at simmrell about a full length condenser,
I have my thoughts on the lower cost SS ,and why mu users is 2g lighter than the founders ,
my first questions are is something medical grade,/is air path sealed ?
So ive 2 but not exactly confident,
as a medical user less so,
and yeah 30 year ago we didn’t bother ,but as you age you care more ,
12 year ago before I started vaping I smoked 20 a day everyday
JOINTS …
anyway Still love them both ,guess why iam bothered,
G

Vapor-catzG,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I have my thoughts on the lower cost SS ,and why mu users is 2g lighter than the founders ,
my first questions are is something medical grade,/is air path sealed ?
So ive 2 but not exactly confident,
as a medical user less so,
and yeah 30 year ago we didn’t bother ,but as you age you care more ,
12 year ago before I started vaping I smoked 20 a day everyday
JOINTS …
anyway Still love them both ,guess why iam bothered,
G

John wrote: "The outer 416 stainless looks very gunmetal grey as opposed to the shiny 316 inner layer."

The 416 SS is only used on the outside of the User Edition oven, out of the air intake path. The inside of the oven is medical grade 316 SS, just like the rest of the air path components in the build. The 416 SS is used for it's magnetic properties for the future IH in development.

John's brings his many years of manufacturing surgical equipment experience to the construction of the Anvil. IMO he's covered all the safety concerns.

Consider this: The DV cap IS a magnetic SS and IS the direct heat source and IS in the direct air path to the load. :\

Whiff

Company Rep
John wrote: "The outer 416 stainless looks very gunmetal grey as opposed to the shiny 316 inner layer."

The 416 SS is only used on the outside of the User Edition oven, out of the air intake path. The inside of the oven is medical grade 316 SS, just like the rest of the air path components in the build. The 416 SS is used for it's magnetic properties for the future IH in development.

John's brings his many years of manufacturing surgical equipment experience to the construction of the Anvil. IMO he's covered all the safety concerns.

Consider this: The DV cap IS a magnetic SS and IS the direct heat source and IS in the direct air path to the load. :\
Ty i was looking for this but couldn't find it, i knew he mentioned it somehwhere

Last edited:

TeaCup

This has probably already been mentioned, but when is the conduction bowl gonna be released? I'm on the waitlist, but I'm gonna wait for that to be released before buying. Did I really just say I'm gonna wait........:doh:

@Whiff : Can you really notice a difference between the two in terms of flavor and stoniness?

So I think my anvil shows up tomorrow. Really excited.. had a question though. I'm coming from a b1 from ch and was wondering if the anvil raises or lowers your tolerance with how efficient it is? I know I'll be using less herb with the anvil per bowl, but with how close to combustion you can get I wasn't sure if it'd raise your tolerance.. I'm hoping it lowers my tolerance to where I can rip the b1 once and be in the clouds again. (Prob need to take a t break tbh lol)

Steel28

So I think my anvil shows up tomorrow. Really excited.. had a question though. I'm coming from a b1 from ch and was wondering if the anvil raises or lowers your tolerance with how efficient it is? I know I'll be using less herb with the anvil per bowl, but with how close to combustion you can get I wasn't sure if it'd raise your tolerance.. I'm hoping it lowers my tolerance to where I can rip the b1 once and be in the clouds again. (Prob need to take a t break tbh lol)
I want to sell my B1 soon lmao.

My tolerance is decreasing ;)

Glorg

I’m loving the anvil so far just quick question how tf are you guys getting dark abv?! This isn’t something I want or need just a point of curiosity from some pictures I’ve seen, my abv is consistently extremely light and even almost greenish even though it’s done, reheats essentially don’t give anymore vapour and flavour dramatically drops on the reheat so there’s no point to doing it imo, I get a perfect massive heat on the first heat cycle and call it done. I’ve also had this experience with heavier convection vapes vs conduction where the abv looks lighter but it’s fully extracted still, and putting it through dynavap to “darken” it again doesn’t really give vapour and can easily combust ( another pointless endeavor imo ). Also I’ve tried torching all the different points at different speeds and torch sizes, my preference so far is straight copper battery with a single torch. I chase big hits and flavour I don’t have a end goal of a abv colour as I’ve seen some people do but Im curious if it’s a difference between devices ( which I doubt ), product going in or torch technique. The anvil is amazing so far and I’m stoked for the future developments and oven varieties.

Whiff

Company Rep
I’m loving the anvil so far just quick question how tf are you guys getting dark abv?! This isn’t something I want or need just a point of curiosity from some pictures I’ve seen, my abv is consistently extremely light and even almost greenish even though it’s done, reheats essentially don’t give anymore vapour and flavour dramatically drops on the reheat so there’s no point to doing it imo, I get a perfect massive heat on the first heat cycle and call it done. I’ve also had this experience with heavier convection vapes vs conduction where the abv looks lighter but it’s fully extracted still, and putting it through dynavap to “darken” it again doesn’t really give vapour and can easily combust ( another pointless endeavor imo ). Also I’ve tried torching all the different points at different speeds and torch sizes, my preference so far is straight copper battery with a single torch. I chase big hits and flavour I don’t have a end goal of a abv colour as I’ve seen some people do but Im curious if it’s a difference between devices ( which I doubt ), product going in or torch technique. The anvil is amazing so far and I’m stoked for the future developments and oven varieties.
If you want darker ABV you need to heat the battery with enough heat to make the unit click in 30-35 sec, here are a few techniques that should give you a place to start

If you have a smaller lower powered pocket torch that CANT get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Honest single flame, Jabon single flame ) i recommend these heating times (note: you will not be able to RTL)
Dark roast/Thermal battery = 45-50 sec (great vapour production with great flav) My Fav
Med roast/Center oven = 35-40 sec (good vapour production with great flav)
light roast/Top ring = 25-30 sec (less vapor production with amazing flav)

If you CAN get the thermal battery to click in 30-35 sec (ie. Blazer firefox ) i would recommend these heating times
Ride the line (RTL)/Thermal battery = 30-35 sec (great vapor production with minimal flav)
Medium roast/Center oven = 20-25 sec (Great vapor production with great flav) My Fav
light roast/Top ring = 10-20 sec (Good vapour production with amazing flav) (edited)

alex91

I’ve read a while ago about a removal tool for the screen. Is it available on Vestratto's shop?

Also, any say on when the Helix chamber will be available?

Edit: sorry, just saw @TeaCup comment above asking the same thing about the Helix chamber:doh:

Last edited:

Whiff

Company Rep
I've been enjoying mine natively and with a j-hook the past couple of days using this method: Medium roast/Center oven = 20-25 sec (Great vapor production with great flav) Full bowl, tight pack with wide open airflow. So so good!
I really enjoy this method for daytime usage then i crank it up a bit at night
I’ve read a while ago about a removal tool for the screen. Is it available on Vestratto's shop?

Also, any say on when the Helix chamber will be available?

Edit: sorry, just saw @TeaCup comment above asking the same thing about the Helix chamber:doh:
The removal tool is not available yet but should be in the near future and theres no word on the helix chamber yet, there will be some other new goodies coming in the future. The terp chamber already works really really well so John is looking at other ways to make the experience more enjoyable for everyone which we are sure you guys will be super excited for

jasp3r

I love my Anvil as much as anyone else. In fact I have a few more incoming 👿

However, just saw on Instagram a vape influencer just ordered the "Influencer Kit" Seems a tad like a slap in the face to everyone on waitlist and considering all the chatter on price to give it to influencer at reduced cost. I get it, its the name of the game. Just dosent rub me the right way. I imagine a bunch of "influencers" will appear out of the hedges.

Founders edition testers got a brand new user edition + both bowls + tube. Something tells me the influencer edition is closer to the founders edition in price and accessories

That being said, the Anvil is the bee's knees.

Steel28

I love my Anvil as much as anyone else. In fact I have a few more incoming 👿

However, just saw on Instagram a vape influencer just ordered the "Influencer Kit" Seems a tad like a slap in the face to everyone on waitlist and considering all the chatter on price to give it to influencer at reduced cost. I get it, its the name of the game. Just dosent rub me the right way. I imagine a bunch of "influencers" will appear out of the hedges.

Founders edition testers got a brand new user edition + both bowls + tube. Something tells me the influencer edition is closer to the founders edition in price and accessories

That being said, the Anvil is the bee's knees.
Please share IG link bro

Top Bottom