Anvil by Vestratto

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I just realized something, you removed the screen and put it in from the top, I need to do that then, how do I remove the screen
Stick something in the mouthpiece end and pop it out. Make sure it doesn’t go flying. It goes back in really easily.

The Stray Fox,
Reactions: BigJr48

havewill1

Anyone get their user editions yet? That email from john last week mentioned something like an intercooler used in the simrell that will be shipped with the user edition? If so that's super cool.
If we bought the founders, do we get the users free or are we buying it? I'm totally okay with purchasing it as long as we get first dibs :rockon:

havewill1,
Reactions: Severmore

stonedmallone

I'll give up a nut for a purple
Arrested Development Mistake GIF

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
We got an update from John about the Users Edition and wanted to share a few new pics. Below are Johns words and pictures and is a summary of the email he sent out.

“We have implemented a change in the hole on the bottom of the herb chambers. Rather than a circle we have cut a hex. This will allow us to use a standard 1/8” allan key if things get “stuck” when hot as is sometimes the case during hot swapping. In future we can build the hex key geometry into the stands, tools etc.”
051-CF3-FD-4-AF8-4-EF9-99-A5-15-E585-C256-B3.jpg

“The new screens are going to be thicker, 0.01” and will have a slot for the Vestratto removal tool.”
26-C5-B52-F-726-E-4447-82-F6-B297-C9028533.jpg

“The terp chambers are being updated with air slots to improve the convection nature of the chambers. These slots will also enable significantly more airflow while allowing full access to the bottom of the screen for cleaning. We anticipate a modest uptick in flavour but will have more to report Thursday.”
41-BBC916-D456-4-DBD-A498-3-D7-A0-E61-E334.jpg

“The titanium blanks for the “spiral filter” are in house and will be twisted this week. The filter sandwiches between the end of the condenser and the removable mouthpiece. The “legs” stand the the start of the filter off from the condenser opening to avoid a choke/clog point. I anticipate one full turn to take out the heavy, non-bioavailable aerosol particles and any herb debris, but want to let the balance of that Anvil vapour through.”
F0-F0001-B-1-AE5-4618-823-A-E1-E472-C8608-C.jpg

The 10mm joint is implemented in the mouthpiece. I purchased three 10mm adapters from three different stores. The most helpful shop by far was Squisha House Artisan Glass. Shout out to those guys in Burlington Ontario. I have designed the joint based on the scientific glass standard and tweaked it to fit the three pieces. I’m pretty certain it will work for most glass pieces. If it doesn’t I can guarantee you that the Anvil meets the Schott Glass standard.”
BA3-C363-D-C1-E2-40-C0-A660-BE755-F3-C3096.jpg

Those were the new highlights. Again, not my words or pictures.

Sweet-vapour-69420

It’s so awesome that John is still tweaking and improving this device.

The extra convection with the bowl is my favourite upgrade here. I feel that moving even closer towards “pure” convection will help to further differentiate the device from the DV, for those that plan to use both

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
I'm looking forward to hearing more about any impact on performance of those new air slots on the herb chambers. The version with holes is already very free-flowing. Maybe there won't be much difference if the main airflow setting is the overriding factor?

Pepeluis33

We got an update from John about the Users Edition and wanted to share a few new pics. Below are Johns words and pictures and is a summary of the email he sent out.

“We have implemented a change in the hole on the bottom of the herb chambers. Rather than a circle we have cut a hex. This will allow us to use a standard 1/8” allan key if things get “stuck” when hot as is sometimes the case during hot swapping. In future we can build the hex key geometry into the stands, tools etc.”
051-CF3-FD-4-AF8-4-EF9-99-A5-15-E585-C256-B3.jpg

“The new screens are going to be thicker, 0.01” and will have a slot for the Vestratto removal tool.”
26-C5-B52-F-726-E-4447-82-F6-B297-C9028533.jpg

“The terp chambers are being updated with air slots to improve the convection nature of the chambers. These slots will also enable significantly more airflow while allowing full access to the bottom of the screen for cleaning. We anticipate a modest uptick in flavour but will have more to report Thursday.”
41-BBC916-D456-4-DBD-A498-3-D7-A0-E61-E334.jpg

“The titanium blanks for the “spiral filter” are in house and will be twisted this week. The filter sandwiches between the end of the condenser and the removable mouthpiece. The “legs” stand the the start of the filter off from the condenser opening to avoid a choke/clog point. I anticipate one full turn to take out the heavy, non-bioavailable aerosol particles and any herb debris, but want to let the balance of that Anvil vapour through.”
F0-F0001-B-1-AE5-4618-823-A-E1-E472-C8608-C.jpg

The 10mm joint is implemented in the mouthpiece. I purchased three 10mm adapters from three different stores. The most helpful shop by far was Squisha House Artisan Glass. Shout out to those guys in Burlington Ontario. I have designed the joint based on the scientific glass standard and tweaked it to fit the three pieces. I’m pretty certain it will work for most glass pieces. If it doesn’t I can guarantee you that the Anvil meets the Schott Glass standard.”
BA3-C363-D-C1-E2-40-C0-A660-BE755-F3-C3096.jpg

Those were the new highlights. Again, not my words or pictures.
BTW just found that info is also available in his blog: https://vestratto.com/blogs/the-vestratto-sunday-post

Cannabiker

“We have implemented a change in the hole on the bottom of the herb chambers. Rather than a circle we have cut a hex. This will allow us to use a standard 1/8” allan key if things get “stuck” when hot as is sometimes the case during hot swapping.
Some way to key the chamber was the only thing I mentioned in my comments, so I'm psyched to see this. But an 1/8" allen key? I thought John's from Canada, where they use civilized measurements. I'll have to dig deep to find some imperial allens.

The changes all look great--better airflow, easier cleaning, and cooler hits will all be welcome improvements to an already exceptional device.

Last edited:

Gibbleguts

Some way to key the chamber was the only thing I mentioned in my comments, so I'm psyched to see this. But an 1/8" allen key? I thought John's from Canada, where they use civilized measurements. I'll have to dig deep to find some imperial allens.

The changes all look great--better airflow, easier cleaning, and cooler hits will all be welcome improvements to an already exceptional device.
It's funny as much as Canada is technically a metric country most of our tools and measuring is done in standard.

Cannabliss*420

I'm glad this was addressed . Chamber gets stuck sometimes when hot. Would be nice to have a tool that is a Keychain. Most of the time when it gets stuck, I just place on magnet then twist but now with the Hex cut-out, we now have a fail safe in case that don't work.
Great work.

hoyo77

@Vestratto after I was able to sleep on it, I am ready to be the martyr to all the purple lovers out there who want purple Anvils. All I ask of the people in return is to remember me and my sacrifice. How should I go about sending my genitalia and do you have a preference of which side?
lolololololololol. thanks brother for taking one for the team because i myself want a purple heat shield as well. just go to the ole country store and get some mountain oysters, he will never know.

Cannabliss*420

Can the Anvil be used with an induction heater?...this might temp me to sell my OG omnivap...first production.
The updated Anvil will allow you to use an induction heater. But the size of the current Anvil doesn't fit any of my heaters except the ispire wand. Idk if updated chamber will be smaller size like dynavap cap.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I heard there's a 0.2g bowl in the works. That seems a little scary. Does anyone else know about this?

Zuhdj,
Reactions: Tweakz

Gibbleguts

I heard there's a 0.2g bowl in the works. That seems a little scary. Does anyone else know about this?
I start to wonder if the oven has the heat for it. I just did .25g of kief and it still drew wonderfully but the first heat cycle wasn't enough and the second produced almost as much as the first, at reduced flavour. But passing 1.5g in the bowl was only reason I have found it worth re heating but not sure if flower would be better with bigger bowl?

Gibbleguts,
Reactions: Tweakz

axdx69

Can the Anvil be used with an induction heater?...this might temp me to sell my OG omnivap...first production.
I have been looking for an OG First production Omni for my collection. I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands, if you do decide to sell.

axdx69,
Reactions: C-weed
The hex change for the chamber is great, my two rubber band method is less than ideal.

The condenser/spiral filter are going to change the experience greatly for me at least with cleaning. Currently it's only when I combust that I defuzz the two q-tips and pop out the screen. Most of the time I just wait for it to shart the bong and then repeatedly towel punch it dry. Will our filters and mouthpieces fit in our hotrod/elevator bowls to be vaped off?. The parts do look easier to deal with should a wet clean be required.

I pity the fool who needs at .2g chamber because their material is absolute shite. There are only so many calories in the oven, and while John has discussed increasing the size from .53 to .55 it won't be enough. Will the new slots in the chamber lean it so heavily towards convection that we will be able to heat it multiple times without the flavor turning to crap?. Exciting times indeed.

I've had my heart set on a blue since seeing Whiff's. I'm not ready to sell a body part but I might rent.

Top Bottom