Anvil by Vestratto

hazyy1

I got a beta version of the Helix chamber today. Very impressive to say the least. I’m not entirely sure what exactly it’s total purpose is, but it’s machined differently on the exterior than the other chambers. Going to have to test a few out of glass and natively. And find out more about what it does. It’s nice having 4 total chambers though!
Do you know if all preorders will get the beta helix bowl?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Do you know if all preorders will get the beta helix bowl?
From what I’ve read, they do not. Only a few extras were give out with the founder’s edition so John could get more feedback before offering it to Anvil owners. I wouldn’t have FOMO for these Helix Chambers. If you have the half and full terp chambers you can get the full experience out of your Anvil. I’m definitely gravitating more towards the convection of the terp chambers, which are able to produce a full rainbow of AVB.

ConvectCode1

From what I’ve read, they do not. Only a few extras were give out with the founder’s edition so John could get more feedback before offering it to Anvil owners. I wouldn’t have FOMO for these Helix Chambers. If you have the half and full terp chambers you can get the full experience out of your Anvil. I’m definitely gravitating more towards the convection of the terp chambers, which are able to produce a full rainbow of AVB.
Agreed. I have the Helix chamber beta version. You’re more than good with the standard bowl and half bowl chambers. There’s nothing noticeably different really about the Helix chamber vs the regular full bowl. The machining is slightly different on the outside but it doesn’t really effect performance much. Maybe they will further develop it down the road or something but for now I can vouch that the full and half chambers that the Anvil User’s edition will come with already kick ass. The Founders Edition is already borderline flawless IMO and I’ve had it about 6 weeks. The User’s Edition, with input from people who got the Founder’s Edition folks from FC.com along with the creator johns willingness to implement those changes as well as improve on a couple more are sure to be all you’re going to need for a good long while. The two chambers will be suffice in the User’s Kit for sure. I also don’t really ride the line often as I prefer a ton of flavor which the Anvil definitely produces; through a bong and natively. I aim towards the top and still get unbelievable bong hits, they’re just full of terpy goodness. Riding the line is not for the faint of lung. That thing BLASTS vapor. And it doesn’t tail off after 10 seconds like other flame powered devices. Keeps going and going. The half bowl is beyond impressive.

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
There’s nothing noticeably different really about the Helix chamber vs the regular full bowl.
Actually, imo, the Helix isn't totally efficient because it needs to open the airflow a lot (draw too tight). The final version will probably fix it and i'm curious to use it one day. Also, i think that it'll be a good option for concentrates and hash uses. the combo of 3 bowls opens many ways of use.

AD

This thing is more complex and subtle than I let on with my learning curve that I thought finished after 4 bowls ... in reality this vape is a "dinguery" that will surprise many. Me first ...
I rode the line intensely these last two days and it's true that the results vary depending on the parameters mentioned here (mouture, choice and power of the flame, airflow in particular).
I systematically heat on the copper part between 40 and 50 seconds until the click. It's a fucking overpowered OneHitter that hits me violently:rofl:. Like a dab!
There is absolutely no need to do a 2nd heating, everything is roasted the first time. Vapor is both thick and soft, a treat! It's hard to finish the bowl in 1 shot (unless you have 3 lungs). I am impressed. And I'm only talking about the terp chamber (the other one I'll look into later).
I used it mostly dry through my Sherlock or directly in mouth (except for the video I posted to see the amount of vapor in the glass sphere)

The heat build up is impressive and seems to be (one of) the key(s), especially judging by the time it takes to cool down. It's actually a testament to the quality, the system is so well designed that it's the heat build up that allows for such great vapor and flavor production.
I compare it to my HerboTi, it's very powerful! I'm a happy customer! This product is going to be a Classic in our cloud's world.

This thing is more complex and subtle than I let on with my learning curve that I thought finished after 4 bowls ... in reality this vape is a "dinguery" that will surprise many. Me first ...
I rode the line intensely these last two days and it's true that the results vary depending on the parameters mentioned here (mouture, choice and power of the flame, airflow in particular).
I systematically heat on the copper part between 40 and 50 seconds until the click. It's a fucking overpowered OneHitter that hits me violently:rofl:. Like a dab!
There is absolutely no need to do a 2nd heating, everything is roasted the first time. Vapor is both thick and soft, a treat! It's hard to finish the bowl in 1 shot (unless you have 3 lungs). I am impressed. And I'm only talking about the terp chamber (the other one I'll look into later).
I used it mostly dry through my Sherlock or directly in mouth (except for the video I posted to see the amount of vapor in the glass sphere)

The heat build up is impressive and seems to be (one of) the key(s), especially judging by the time it takes to cool down. It's actually a testament to the quality, the system is so well designed that it's the heat build up that allows for such great vapor and flavor production.
I compare it to my HerboTi, it's very powerful! I'm a happy customer! This product is going to be a Classic in our cloud's world.
Hello, where do get a glass piece and stand like the picture shown with the Anvil? thank you in advance.

ConvectCode1

Actually, imo, the Helix isn't totally efficient because it needs to open the airflow a lot (draw too tight). The final version will probably fix it and i'm curious to use it one day. Also, i think that it'll be a good option for concentrates and hash uses. the combo of 3 bowls opens many ways of use.
Yeah I used it with just hash and it worked great. I definitely like having 4 bowls. I have a couple large, a half bowl and a helix bowl. Lining 4 up and knocking them down back to back is pretty heavy. I know they’re probably going to do more development on the Helix but I don’t think it will be for sale anytime soon. I know they’re working on a larger .2 size bowl right now. That’s flat out insanity. And I was told that a true Estretto has the airflow halfway open so that’s how I roll. So I guess that’s why I didn’t notice the airflow issue.

Gibbleguts

Yeah I used it with just hash and it worked great. I definitely like having 4 bowls. I have a couple large, a half bowl and a helix bowl. Lining 4 up and knocking them down back to back is pretty heavy. I know they’re probably going to do more development on the Helix but I don’t think it will be for sale anytime soon. I know they’re working on a larger .2 size bowl right now. That’s flat out insanity. And I was told that a true Estretto has the airflow halfway open so that’s how I roll. So I guess that’s why I didn’t notice the airflow issue.

4 back to back is crazy I managed 3 refilling back to back and that was my limit. I just had a half bowl of kief that extracted crazy fast and even through water and destroyed me. I tried heating it up upside down figuring if it started vaporizing early it wouldbt flatten out and block the screen. Not sure if it is what did it but hit crazy hard

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’m on a staycation, in a resort, with the wife, and three kids. I brought the Anvil. 👀 Haha, thank goodness it’s legal. Clouds for days.
4-E7667-C2-B004-467-A-8-E67-BEF49063396-D.jpg

Texus

it's the "body sherlock" from Herborizer!
And it is my favorite way to hit the Anvil. Still need to add some balls to the base (just need to figure out size and marterial) to get a smidge more cooling. Also note that you will need an 14 mm Female to 18 mm Male adaptor. The one in the pic is so low profile it is easy to miss.

Mustang

I am also very happy that I own The Anvil. It's not a simple tool, it's THE ANVIL thing.

Took 29 days to be delivered to Poland, but fuck it, it's finally here.
1643425040033.jpg

And tool.. well.. it hits hard, still testing it, but.. that's a real deal, men!
If I wasn't quite new into vapour world, I would say, it's certainty a revolution ! Anyway, for me, it is a revolution. I own also Dynavap 2k21 and well.. it's not even comparable. Anvil all the way.

100% recommend as a newbie. #1050 order here.

Have a great weekend all. JOHN is a man, 100% trust in him.

Clapped_r6

Iirc i was 1089, I think my airflow valve is the good one? Man, if it gets any better I wont know what to do. I really want the updated case for reals

Duba

Accessory Maker
And it is my favorite way to hit the Anvil. Still need to add some balls to the base (just need to figure out size and marterial) to get a smidge more cooling. Also note that you will need an 14 mm Female to 18 mm Male adaptor. The one in the pic is so low profile it is easy to miss.
Do you want to put balls at the bottom? Personally I find that it already cools the vapor a lot thanks to the course and the elbows. The draw being quite tight, I would be afraid that the balls would add to it?

Last edited:
Duba,

RedZep

Now that I have this thing really dialed in (it's all about torch flame length and distance held) I'm finding that my AVB is just dead. Tried ingesting it at my usual dose and I can tell it's just waste product.

I love this. I never enjoyed saving the AVB anyway, as it was a faff on. I only used to do it as I hate waste. Anvil wastes nothing apart the user 🥴

Sweet-vapour-69420

So what’s the current top dog torch for us UK vapourists that can’t get a firefox mini?

I don’t mind spending out for quality, if need be

Sweet-vapour-69420,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
So what’s the current top dog torch for us UK vapourists that can’t get a firefox mini?

I don’t mind spending out for quality, if need be
I don't really like linking to Amazon, but if you're in the UK and can't get hold of a Blazer Firefox (I couldn't) then this works well and holds loads of gas, £25:
It has a very defined blue flame, excellent for directing at your favourite spot on the Anvil. You'll only need it on a small flame, snaps at 45 seconds in the copper ditch.
I love watching how the copper cleans up and shines as it gets heated by the flame.

Last edited by a moderator:

havewill1

I’ve been playing with one of his. I have a number of version (Simrell and TRWW) and only TRWW Omni cooling unit fits.
F6304-B6-C-8121-4-EC1-B69-A-FB16190-D098-B.jpg

I am noticing this. One problem I noticing with the cooling units/filter is their placement. There is to much heat near it and it causes the condensate to run down and goop up. This seems to only effect the first 1/4” but like we are talking about there is a lot of honey. I don’t like to clean with iso all the time so I’ve just been popping the condenser out and just running hot water through it for a minute. You still are going to want to do a deep clean every so often but this has help minimize it for me.
So I have multiple of his cooling units and they all fall out of my mouthpiece, are you having this issue at all?

havewill1,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
So I have multiple of his cooling units and they all fall out of my mouthpiece, are you having this issue at all?
No, mine is working great. My TRWW Omni CU was from his first batch. Maybe he changed something. Mine hangs below the CCD and has no way to fall out.

The Stray Fox,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Woah. The half closed airflow just drastically improved the vapor quality over full open. Any ideas why?

Zuhdj,

Duba

Accessory Maker
Woah. The half closed airflow just drastically improved the vapor quality over full open. Any ideas why?
Proposal : Less air from outside = more air from inside through the herb = more density & flavor = better quality?

Top Bottom