Anvil by Vestratto

Texus

The Inductor looks cool, but I've been having a hard time justifying a device that costs more than the vape itself, especially when a torch works great. I'm skeptical that any induction heater can give better performance than a torch. Never used a Dynavap IH that I felt was truly superior to the torch experience other than the convenience factor. Is the Inductor still technically in beta? That's what the website says.

I'm thinking the official Vestratto IH will probably have a similar price point to the Inductor. I'm definitely intrigued by these devices, as it would be nice to use the Anvil without a torch, but I'll need to see more feedback before jumping in.
Honestly it is such a different beast from a Dynavap IH that it isn't a fair comparison. Right down to different style of induction. So not just a beefed up more burly version of what the Wand and others do. It's freaking magically good.

Mndeadhead

agreed. i started to respond and then deleted because i don't have a lot to go by, just the wand and one of the dyna IH's. Their performance for me was meh, especially on beasts like the Dani and the Anvil, and I ended up putting them in a drawer. This thing just works. in the time most people are still heating their anvils with the torch, I have packed, heated, hit and dumped. Its huge, and certainly not portable, but these small toasty bowls are (hopefully) helping keep the tolerance at a decent level. Even though it is still in Beta, I have had zero issues with it, and would recommend it to anyone that has a collection of Dynas/Danis/Anvils/convectors/Stunners and all of the other ones I have left off here. It just works.

bhasma

What technique should I use to get the best flavor and a longer, multi-hit session (rather than one and done)?
Heating higher may allow another heat cycle (and another hit), and reducing the airflow (perhaps also heating a little higher to avoid combustion) may allow more hits from one cycle.

bhasma,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Comfortably Numb

Anvil is such a one and done device. I would just load a smaller bowl instead of reheating
This is totally not true....I never hit it one and done...and I am a heavy user with the Anvil being my only device for nearly 2 years....I prefer a longer session and with the XL bowl get 4-6 hits with the first 2 draws being full of flavor and vapor...I reheat once
I have a couple of bubblers but really prefer the joint like experience

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This is totally not true....I never hit it one and done...and I am a heavy user with the Anvil being my only device for nearly 2 years....I prefer a longer session and with the XL bowl get 4-6 hits with the first 2 draws being full of flavor and vapor...I reheat once
Where do you aim your torch?

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Comfortably Numb

I aim just below top ring for 1st heat up.....usually 2 long slow draws sometimes 3...but 2 gets flavor and nice clouds for me...and I am not a flavor chaser....
Second heat up is just above bottom copper ring....

I have never found a need to heat any lower...

bhasma

As an ex-smoker of bongs and chillums, I love the Anvil's full extraction in one or two hits, but with the XL bowl and XL mouthpiece it can be more like puffing on a cigar.

bhasma,

Nebelmann

Using the Anvil as a onehitter. That is where it shines. The cooldown takes too long for a second circle and even heating the upper part gives me flavour worse than other vapes. It's cool people can use it in other ways. For a cigar like feeling, I would put in concentrates or hash in the xl bowl probably for more vapor. Waiting for the Tempest, expecting it to be a joint like experience hopefully

bhasma

Using the Anvil as a onehitter. That is where it shines. The cooldown takes too long for a second circle and even heating the upper part gives me flavour worse than other vapes. It's cool people can use it in other ways. For a cigar like feeling, I would put in concentrates or hash in the xl bowl probably for more vapor. Waiting for the Tempest, expecting it to be a joint like experience hopefully
I mostly agree, except for the cool down which takes only a short time on a magnet.

[whether or not other vapes taste better is a personal matter, but a second heating is never as tasty as the first]

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

And how do you use the clicks?
You use the clicks as normal...unscrew the bowl to cool down before heating again

We dont really have concentrate here in my backward state of Tennessee...I have twaxed with the Anvil and love it...

My point of posting here is that the device can be used different ways.....it really is like a musical instrument to me and I am learning to use it

I hope folks keep posting their heating techniques...

@Texus

I have a Wand I dont even use....I know its a little underpowered.....if I purchase a induction heater I prefer US made...the Inductor is an exciting concept....really exciting...but I am in the sit back and wait mode on induction heaters at the moment

bhasma

You use the clicks as normal...unscrew the bowl to cool down before heating again

My point of posting here is that the device can be used different ways.....it really is like a musical instrument to me and I am learning to use it

I hope folks keep posting their heating techniques...
I wouldn't even bother unscrewing the bowl since the snap discs reset within seconds on a magnet.

I generally use the Vestratto Utility Case or the Mad Heaters Reload, but I have also used a DynaStash without any problems.

Using the Anvil natively it is nice to get as many hits as possible, but personally I think the best value (a good balance of flavour and vapour with least effort) is obtained within a single heat cycle. A light heating mainly for flavour followed by a second cycle to finish it off is fine, but I'm happy with the all in one taste.

Last edited:

bhasma

Some more thoughts on heating, and re-heating: If I heat (with a small torch) just above the lower ring I get a rather light roast that can be re-heated, but another round easily goes darker than I prefer. And a bit higher is flavourful, with another cycle required, but in both cases the taste suffers in the second round. Consistently heating even higher could perhaps go three rounds, and a first high second low approach is a good compromise, but the load is dehydrated, decarboxylated and de-terpified after the first cycle and more time stewing (and more butane) in subsequent heatings is undesirable in my opinion. Also, each bowl may vary slightly but in my experience there is quite a difference between heating to the first click and heating to the second, and simply stopping at the first click might allow another cycle. Perhaps the Inductor's intensity can improve the result from sequential light roastings, with less time spent heating. The Anvil is versatile and if one's preference is to isolate the flavour from the clouds then it can do it, but that's not my normal usage, and other devices can temperature step more effectively. The Anvil is like a musical instrument and everyone can play their own tune, but it's also like an espresso machine and multiple cycles are probably not the best way to use it.

bhasma

RTL is the only way for the Anvill imo that's what it's built for 1 hit extraction, consistency every time.
The ability to ride the line in one hit was surely a major design criterion for the Anvil, and it does that very well. Extracting everything in one cycle is the most efficient way to use it, but the line can be adjusted for personal taste from the dark full roast limit back to a medium or lighter roast, with consistent performance every time.

RedZep

The ability to ride the line in one hit was surely a major design criterion for the Anvil, and it does that very well. Extracting everything in one cycle is the most efficient way to use it, but the line can be adjusted for personal taste from the dark full roast limit back to a medium or lighter roast, with consistent performance every time.
My defining Anvil experience was vaping 0.3g in back to back RTL 0.05g bowls.

Got so high I was riding out panic attacks for 3 hours. My normal dose with other vapes is 0.5g. The power and efficiency was scary.

Still think John smashed his design aim. Fast efficient device for medical users.

leanpubpackage

My defining Anvil experience was vaping 0.3g in back to back RTL 0.05g bowls.

Got so high I was riding out panic attacks for 3 hours. My normal dose with other vapes is 0.5g. The power and efficiency was scary.

Still think John smashed his design aim. Fast efficient device for medical users.
I’ve also become uncomfortably toasty from a smaller than usual dose. No idea why but I think riding the line does extract some additional cannabinoids. I’ve put hardcore combustion stoners on their butts RTL with the anvil

Top Bottom