Summer

Long Island, NY
Someone had a broken one and was given a Vleaf as a replacement.

Yeah, but he didn't buy it from VV. He bought it from a retailer who I assume was OOS or just not carryng it, hence, why they offered him the Go or another vape as replacement.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Vivant Customer Service
@VIVANT.Aaron

Received my Ambit today. Bought the WP separately. ODD, there was NO brush or load tool in the sealed box, these were included with the “Go” device, and are listed as included in the manual. Not a big deal, but if they are supposed to be in the box, shows some poor product boxing.

WP fits my glass 14mm, but CAREFUL when you pull the Ambit off your rig, TWIST it before lifting, or the magnet held WP can pull it right off, or hold part of the WP itself.

Using Fluke IR meter, since the Ambit has a non reflective case, the temperature I read should be fairly accurate, good enough to see that if one uses this device for a few sessions in a row, it can get pretty HOT, your hand can tell you that. I set the temperature to MAX, ran it for two sessions, empty bowl.

Highest temperature reached: 114f. (This is on the exterior, it would be even higher inside)

FROM BATTERY BLOG:
“The biggest enemy of your lithium batteries is HEAT!
It doesn’t matter if the batteries are running or not, heat alone will diminish the capacity (run time) of your batteries in a slow but permanent fashion. Temperatures above a mere 40°C (104°F) will cause a noticeable deterioration after only a year.”

It’s also ADVISABLE to let the device cool a bit before plugging into the charger. SEE ABOVE.

Biggest complaint as noted by other owners, the effective temperature is MUCH hotter, then the SET temperature. Sure, you can find what works for you, but since issue was brought up to the company long ago, they could have certainly FIXED it, as it doesn’t involve making any changes to the device, just software. I know it’s inexpensive, but that’s an easy fix.

WISH: Temperature could be adjustable while vaping, like The Mighty.

As far as reading multiple times how QTips don’t fit the mouthpiece flip stem.......

PIPE CLEANERS do!

Last edited:
RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Jill NYC

RustyOldNail

Follow up:

Ran battery down till DEAD. Charged off 2.1 amp USB Charger, using USB tester inline. Charge time till full about 1:35 minutes. The capacity is very close to the 1500mah advertised. Charge is limited to 1amp.

I’m finding the draw is a bit limited, especially through a water rig. When I take the load cap MP off, I notice a fair amount of herb stuck to the MP screen, it’s perhaps due to the suction, and when the device is upside down in the WP, perhaps making it worse. This at times really reduces airflow. Happens on other similar devices. I’m experimenting with fine & medium grind, as well as totally loose pack, versus a slight tamp down. Nothing conclusive yet, and may never find a viable solution. Good little device, not great.

RustyOldNail,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
This is a restrictive draw, not much to do about it but keep clean for best performance...

FlyingLow,

RustyOldNail

This is a restrictive draw, not much to do about it but keep clean for best performance...

True, but while restricted my first hit or two, are better then following ones, gets MORE restrictive, that’s when I started paying attention to how much has clung to the top screen. Only left I can think to try, is some really dry herb, see if it sticks less.

RustyOldNail,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
True, but while restricted my first hit or two, are better then following ones, gets MORE restrictive, that’s when I started paying attention to how much has clung to the top screen. Only left I can think to try, is some really dry herb, see if it sticks less.
I switched over to a mesh screen (the @DDave mod for the Vleaf Go) and it has helped a lot With less screen clogging.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Awesome advice, will try that!

I admit, I've retired the ambit for everything but travel...

P80 has taken its place for its totally unrestrictive draw and powerful vape signature, but the Ambit will still be put in rotation when I don't want to risk the P80 (concerts/festivals/etc).

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
Hi everyone, Independence Day is coming. Now you can get one AMBIT and all extra accessories by $74. (The original price is $104) Date from 7/3 to 7/5. Thanks for all your support! Wish you have a nice holiday!

Vivant Customer Service,

RustyOldNail

Hi everyone, Independence Day is coming. Now you can get one AMBIT and all extra accessories by $74. (The original price is $104) Date from 7/3 to 7/5. Thanks for all your support! Wish you have a nice holiday!

@Vivant Customer Service
@VIVANT.Aaron

Received my Ambit today. Bought the WP separately. ODD, there was NO brush or load tool in the sealed box, these were included with the “Go” device, and are listed as included in the manual. Not a big deal, but if they are supposed to be in the box, shows some poor product boxing.

RustyOldNail,

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
@Vivant Customer Service
@VIVANT.Aaron

Hi, you did not receive brush and packing tool inside the box, right?

Vivant Customer Service,

knurd1337

Ok people, i have this vape for about 4 months, i think i have a great experience to share to everyone.

I’ve read about 60% of this Thread and i thank for everyone who posted your own review and your own method to clean it up.

First of all, i’m from Brazil, so i mostly buy brick weed from my dealers, sadly is pretty expensive trying to buy unharmed weed lately(pandemic prices went up). Since i’ve been using this Vape i try to wash my brick weed with water(removing impurities and such), it hydrates aswell so it vapes way better than brick weed(more foggy puffs, if you know what i mean).

So i had a different experience than most of you guys, because i mostly smoke not that cured and well treated weed that you guys are used to. I smoke a weed that’s been compressed and dehydrated, and then hydrated and cleaned up again, you lose alot of the effects that the original purpose was.

Taking that out of the way, i’ll tell you guys a method that i use for about 5 years into my life when i’m smoking weed: One day i was lurking into reddit, on /r/trees and there was a post about someone who was smoking for 10 years and never had the problem with tolerance, he smoked the same amount of weed for 10 years and never had to go up on the dose to get that same high as everyone wish for. His method was simple, he puffed every 10 minutes, only one puff every 10 minutes, and i tried this method myself(even smoking brick weed), and it worked out great, seriously, i smoked 20g in 2 months, getting high every single day on quarantine(that is impossible with brick weed but it happened).

I had a little problem with neighbours about smell and i found out about this vape, i bough it and tried it in alot of different methods to be as economic as i am smoking weed, but now vaping it.

First of all, the 2 minutes session broke my method to 1 puff every 10 minutes. I can’t leave my weed inside that bowl when i puffed only once. It dehydrates very quickly, so i tried to follow those sessions trying to be as much high as i would be if i smoked it(bare in mind that at first i was trying only with brick weed).

It didn’t worked out, so i tried to trim my weed in different ways, first i used the classic “dechavador” and then i used scissors to trim it more like little stones and not that little “powder” that the dechavador resulted into. The little stones won, i got way more high when they were little stones than that “powder”(Don’t mistake with Kief, wasn’t that thin of a powder).

When i started washing my brick weed with water i started having fun with my vape. They were more hydrated and the puffs got more body then before, but i always tried to be economic about it and i couldn’t, i was wasting way more weed to get high on vape then when i were smoking with the 10minutes 1 puff method.

I was getting a much high tolerance when i was vaping, so i though it was because i wasn’t using the real weed, cured and hydrated the way it supposed to work with a Vape like that.

I got a little bored about the vape, sadly the mouthpiece was cracking already, i was using it too often that the mouthpiece wasn’t handling that kind of usage. It broke in about 2 months, i was using it too much often and not respecting the temperature of the vape, was my fault.

I bough another mouthpiece but now with another method in mind, and it was when i found out the secret method, THE PERFECT METHOD TO BALANCE IT OUT. PERFECT TOLERANTE WITH PERFECT HIGH NOTES.

I know the trimming with scissors to have that little stones kind of feel was great, i know that hydrated gave more body to puff. What i didn’t thought was about removing the weed from the chamber as soon as i finished using it.

So i began to puff it twice and turn the vape off during my second pull to puff it out, and removing the weed inside a bowl and transfer it to a silicone bowl where it can relax on without the heat of the Vapes Chamber dehydrating it way quicker than it should be.

My mind blew with this idea, it was totally foolproof, i could get way more bowls with the same amount of weed and getting the same high as i was smoking it.

This week, I bought an original weed, harvested and in perfect shape and form, totally hydrated to use this method on the best bowl I could find, the perfect bowl that VIVANT planned out to be.

And Boy oh Boy! I found out way more about this Vape this week than 4 months using it.

Now i’m tweaking with temperature, and i found out the perfect habit, the perfect routine, THE PERFECT METHOD to save a lot of weed, IT SERVERS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS WEED OR THE MOST FUCKED UP WEED, THE METHOD TO SAVE EVERY SINGLE AMOUNT OF WEED.

This works way better with a more hydrated weed, so wash your brick weed, wanna hydrated it more? Try to lemon peel method, put the washed brick weed inside a bowl with lid, put a lemon peel without touching the weed, leave it inside the next 24 hours, remove the lemon peel and let the weed breath for about 20 min for the next 3 days, try not to let it hydrate too much. You can use it during the next breaths with no worry. You can do this method on your totally fine weed as well, it’ll give a better taste to it, trust me.

Now that your weed is hydrated and with some extra taste and smell, lets go to the Vape. fill the little stones of weed inside your chamber. Let a silicone bowl on close to you, so you can be quick. The Temperature setup i use is Celsius, 160>165>170>180>190>200.
5 to 6 sessions of 2 puffs each, the interval from each sessions is 5-10 minutes or until you can feel the vape a little bit colder than you’re used to, so the chamber can handle it without cracking your mouthpiece. The metallic (burned popcorn) taste only came the last 2 sessions(190-210 Celsius).

STEP BY STEP METHOD:
1. Fill your chamber with weed(little stones please).

2. Turn it on at 160Celsius.

3. Give 2-3 puffs on this session, when you’re pulling for the last time to puff it out, hold the button and turn off the heater. (the timer should be showing about 90-70sec left).

4. Open the Mouthpiece and transfer the weed into a silicone bowl and let it rest.

5. Wait 5-10 minutes so the chamber gets a little cooler(try to feel it because each temperature behaves differently).

6. Fill the Chamber with the same weed and turn it on at 165 Celsius.

7. STEP 3 AGAIN.

8. STEP 4 AGAIN.

9. STEP 5 AGAIN.

Loop.

With this method the same bowl can endure one hour with the same amount of high, this is about 0.2g of weed well vaped. And don’t forget, those tosty little stone that were at the end. That can be a great add to your morning hot milk or even milk with cereal, one spoon of that shit and you’re good to go.

Sadly i used my second mouthpiece for 1 week and that shit got cracked already, and i was treating this mouthpiece way more carefully, turning the heat off way soon, not heating the chamber up, and respecting the temperatures way better than the first mouthpiece, don’t know why it got cracked quicker, i’m trying to find some thin tape to prevent it from cracking it, a third mouthpiece is way too expensive for me, so i’ll try to handle this mouthpiece until it break apart as the first one. Lets hope it don’t get to buy a third mouth piece.

I would like only to know, does hurt the Vape to use only 60 seconds per sessions? If it does, how can i prevent it?

I use 5 bowls of weed until a clean it with isopropyl alcohol and 2 Q-tips.

CLEANING IT STEP BY STEP:

1. Leave a little sheet of towel paper, 2 Q-tips, a glass cup that can handle isopropyl alcohol.

2. disassemble the mouthpiece(if you want i can make a photo session of how to disassemble the whole mouthpiece.)

3. Leave everything inside the cup with isopropyl alcohol for about 5 minutes.

4. Wet the Q-tips into the cup as well and clean inside the Vaper’s chamber, be careful when you’re trying to clean the bottom part, there’s a little grid that can be removed there, you can put it back, its pretty simples to put it back, but try to be careful. Only stop to clean the chamber when the Q-tip is only showing white color on it.

5. After the 5 minutes, get piece by piece of the mouthpiece and clean it up with the Q-tip, remove every black bit around it.

6. Let it dry on the Sheet of Towel Paper.

Don’t know if i’m doing something wrong here, let me know please.

Thank you guys for this much needed experience sharing, this vape is lit af and thank you for the opportunity.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@knurd1337 - Welcome to FC!
It sounds like you found a good way to make the best of your weed. It sounds like a lot of work - I am not sure I would have your perseverance!
You May want to take a look at the Microdosing Thread relating to your method.

My mouthpiece hasn’t cracked at all - but I have never soaked it in ISO.
When I clean it, I take out the screen and plastic piece, and silicone piece and use a ISO wipe to clean them up - then I quickly rinse off with water. I occasionally also use Q-tip soaked in ISO to clean the inside of the mouthpiece. Again, I quickly rinse away the excess ISO.
I am thinking you soaking it in ISO May be the culprit. Do you rinse if off thoroughly when done?
Anyone else out there soak the full mouthpiece with ISO and see cracking?

Crumbly

Has anyone else had a tough time getting in touch with Vivant? I have a defective Ambit which wont charge and i cant return it.. it does fall under the warranty that comes with it..

I tried calling them, emailing them, contacting thru social media, and using their website form to try to get a replacement but am met with no response for any of them. Their phone number goes straight to a scammer trying to get CC info.

Crumbly,

dallasxus

If you still get no response from them just call your bank and explain the situation to them because they usually help get your money back.
I had similar issues with a different manufacturer, defective product still in warranty but couldn't get any response from them and my bank did a chargeback for me.

dallasxus,
Top Bottom