AirVape legacy

jbm

I think if anyone else here had received one they would have posted to the device thread. I’m glad you got yours. But I have little faith that they’re going to start shipping large quantities. You say you got the wireless power bank, which was supposed to be for the first 50 pre-orders. `Soon after I placed my pre-order I emailed them asking whether I made the free power bank cut. They replied that I had not. As I’ve mentioned before, my order number is 80 places ahead of yours in line. There are many people who have emailed CS multiple times at this point, and not all of them have been rewarded with tracking numbers and free stuff.

Their pushing you to the top of the queue would be less upsetting if I felt like business was otherwise proceeding normally. But it’s not. I suspect that you may have the only unit outside of Airvape themselves. Nobody in r/vaporents has gotten even a tracking number, let alone a device. The X was the first vape I ever bought, based on the recommendation in a Wirecutter article (I know, I know, we all start somewhere) and I asked Airvape a lot of questions about the X, how to microdose with it, whether they had a bowl reducer, what the oven capacity was etc etc. I joined their ridiculous Ninja program. I filled out the Legacy survey. I may not have called them, but I shouldn’t have to pester them to get decent customer service. In some ways, your having gotten a unit makes me even madder, because all any of the rest of us are getting is Scooby Doo and the Mystery of the Opaque Fulfillment Center. I’ve emailed them multiple times and all I get is the electronic equivalent of a shrug. A lot of their email CS has always been cut and paste driven, but they’re not even trying anymore. If I had this big a shitshow on my hands, I wouldn’t be saying ‘Gee, I wish I knew something, but I don’t.“ I’d be calling the fulfillment center and saying “WHERE ARE MY ITEMS I HAVE PEOPLE ALL OVER ME”

Again, I will never buy another product from them. They fucked this up royally.

@willy510 - pretty soon the reply email will just be “new company, who dis?”

Last edited:
jbm,
Reactions: Okla68

Okla68

I think if anyone else here had received one they would have posted to the device thread. I’m glad you got yours. But I have little faith that they’re going to start shipping large quantities. You say you got the wireless power bank, which was supposed to be for the first 50 pre-orders. `Soon after I placed my pre-order I emailed them asking whether I made the free power bank cut. They replied that I had not. As I’ve mentioned before, my order number is 80 places ahead of yours in line. There are many people who have emailed CS multiple times at this point, and not all of them have been rewarded with tracking numbers and free stuff.

Their pushing you to the top of the queue would be less upsetting if I felt like business was otherwise proceeding normally. But it’s not. I suspect that you may have the only unit outside of Airvape themselves. Nobody in r/vaporents has gotten even a tracking number, let alone a device. The X was the first vape I ever bought, based on the recommendation in a Wirecutter article (I know, I know, we all start somewhere) and I asked Airvape a lot of questions about the X, how to microdose with it, whether they had a bowl reducer, what the oven capacity was etc etc. I joined their ridiculous Ninja program. I filled out the Legacy survey. I may not have called them, but I shouldn’t have to pester them to get decent customer service. In some ways, your having gotten a unit makes me even madder, because all any of the rest of us are getting is Scooby Doo and the Mystery of the Opaque Fulfiullment Center. I’ve emailed them multiple times and all I get is the electronic equivalent of a shrug.

Again, I will never buy another product from them. They fucked this up royally.
According to Order #s, there were 490+ orders Ahead of mine at 20813590. One of their responses gave the 1st batch of order #s beginning with 20813198.
After dozens of Emails complaining, Mary Lavato said she would personally followup for me what was going on. She then stated she would expedite me to the Top of the List. The next day I had a Tracking # from USPS, but, No Unit at the post office yet. It was that way for 2? weeks, then Bam, I get a response from USPS that my unit Had been received by USPS(8/5/20) and would be heading my way shortly ! I got it on the 7th, yesterday.
I also had a WTF moment...USPS app said it was delivered to my mailbox at 11:24 CDT...NO IT WASNT....As the GIF that was posted showed a guy standing at the window Watching..was Exactly what I was doing ! Tried calling USPS phone # to only get a canned message. Kept going back and forth to the mailbox and sending Pissed Off Emails when all of a sudden I heard something at the front door mailbox. Opened the door and there it was stuffed in the mailbox...it was 11:50, Not 11:24. Undoubtedly, when the postman filled his bag to walk this portion of the route, he clicked it had been delivered Before he actually delivered it !
And yeah, the Wireless Charger/Powerbank wad supposed to be for the 1st 50 preorders, I was 490+ from beginning according to posted order #s.

THANK YOU, MARY LAVATO !
Actually I feel BAD having got mine and No One Else has...Not going to Return it tho, lol !!!
Hopefully all that changes Today and they start arriving in people's mailboxes !!!

Okla68,

jbm

Hopefully all that changes Today and they start arriving in people's mailboxes !!!

I’d be overjoyed to get a tracking number at this point, since it’s not showing up in my mailbox before then.

jbm,

willy510

I don't expect people to get theirs until the new delivery service is up and running and historically that service doesn't have a good record either.

The last they responded pretty much confirmed that nothing that they had said before was true and I'll get when I get it but they have no idea and don't care to find out.

willy510,
Reactions: jbm

Breaking Bud

I don't expect people to get theirs until the new delivery service is up and running and historically that service doesn't have a good record either.

The last they responded pretty much confirmed that nothing that they had said before was true and I'll get when I get it but they have no idea and don't care to find out.
I received mine yesterday. So far underwhelmed. Nice looking but a bit heavy and clunky. Biggest problem is that it combusts material at 375 degrees. Big problem. Tried it twice. Hoping it's a random defective unit and not indicative of an unsolved problem. I concur that the micro dose basket seems useless. Got no vapor out of it. They definitely have been under pressure to ship the back ordered units and they may have decided to take their chances on the quality. The units are built in China. They mean well but they've been lame.

Okla68

I received mine yesterday. So far underwhelmed. Nice looking but a bit heavy and clunky. Biggest problem is that it combusts material at 375 degrees. Big problem. Tried it twice. Hoping it's a random defective unit and not indicative of an unsolved problem. I concur that the micro dose basket seems useless. Got no vapor out of it. They definitely have been under pressure to ship the back ordered units and they may have decided to take their chances on the quality. The units are built in China. They mean well but they've been lame.
Ran 5 bowls thru at 400°F, NO COMBUSTING ! Yep on the Basket being Failure...the lip on the basket is Too Thick to allow the door/Lid to close fully, IMO !
I like the heft of it, but, I Rarely leave the house with vapes, portable or not.
Ive Paid MORE and gotten LESS with Vapes, so....I was Super Thrilled about the Ghost when it arrived...still Like it alot, but, have consistently reached for the Apollo X when time to medicate.
I Have noticed a couple times that it(Legacy) seemed to get Hotter than previous draws. Only happened a couple times out of 35-40 draws.
Im Not disappointed, but, I do see the potential for being FINICKY !

And it Definitely will get you HIGH !!

Okla68,
Reactions: cosimo

Complexity

Okla68 I'm so jelly!!

Based upon your description of it working like the MV1, I am going to love the Legacy, then. Given that there are no flaws with the one I receive.
Is there any draw resistance?

Saltysusej69

Stoner engineer at Raucous Tech
Just got mine in! I'm stoked! Loading my first bowl right now. I ended up receiving a wireless power bank as well even though I was not in the first 50 orders. I'll take that as an apology for the continuous delays and lackluster communications. Unboxing was cool, and first impressions are positive. It appears my unit also does not close completely with the micro-dosing basket. My gold airvape emblem on the front of the device is also not glued in securely and can fall out, but only when the door is open. Not a huge deal and ill probably just end up reglueing it in place.

Saltysusej69

The latch seems fairly robust. I tried torquing on it a bit and it was solid.

I just finished my first bowl. Also just in on-demand mode and i was impressed! I first had it set to 410 and it heat up in right around 15 seconds and that was too hot. Took it down to 385 and got 3 or 4 nice clouds. Started playing around with the heat setting and to my surprise the temp went all the way up to 464. That seems like a really high temp so I figured it was exaggerating, but no it was quite hot and I quickly combusted.. lol. It is definitely powerful! I can imagine such a high setting would be useful for concentrates however.

That lead to a full break down and cleaning which took a bit of time. I was a little worried about cleaning the rubber gasket pieces between the oven, mouthpiece and glass air-path. These gaskets do not appear to be removable but I was able to clean them pretty effectively with q-tips (they included some nice ones with fine tips in the box).

Loading the vape is also not the easiest task in the world due to the ridges around oven that seal with the gasket on the door. Dumping straight from the grinder turned out to be a pain as the weed that falls into these ridges is a tough to remove. I cleared most of it with the included internal stir stick, which is a nice inclusion, however.

So far I'm impressed.

Okla68

Yea.....Others are getting their units...I don't feel as Odd now(no more than normal).
The gasket on the door Will Come Off to Clean. There is also a Spare gasket in the accessories box, along with various screens, swabs and brush.
I originally tried to clean around it and then found it is Removable (thank goodness).

Saltysusej69

2nd bowl I started at 385. 1st pull (10 seconds or so) I got a nice hit. Handed the vape to my girlfriend, she turned it up to 400 and took a couple of smaller pulls. Comes back to me and I combust yet again with a 15 second or so pull at 400.. seems like the heater is getting higher than the set 400 when taking a hard pull? Not sure. The heater is definitely powerful though which is nice when looking for quick extraction, but definitely going to need to be careful not to combust. Will be keeping the oven temp lower for now.

Yea.....Others are getting their units...I don't feel as Odd now(no more than normal).
The gasket on the door Will Come Off to Clean. There is also a Spare gasket in the accessories box, along with various screens, swabs and brush.
I originally tried to clean around it and then found it is Removable (thank goodness).

Right right, that one I removed and cleaned. I was talking about the two gaskets where the glass airpath pushes into. Those ones dont appear removable.

LabPong

2nd bowl I started at 385. 1st pull (10 seconds or so) I got a nice hit. Handed the vape to my girlfriend, she turned it up to 400 and took a couple of smaller pulls. Comes back to me and I combust yet again with a 15 second or so pull at 400.. seems like the heater is getting higher than the set 400 when taking a hard pull? Not sure. The heater is definitely powerful though which is nice when looking for quick extraction, but definitely going to need to be careful not to combust. Will be keeping the oven temp lower for now.

Combustion at 400F in a regulated portable? That does not sound good at all........

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nine political derail posts deleted, and two posts edited to remove political content. Please stick to the topic. Thanks for your cooperation.

Okla68

Nine political derail posts deleted, and two posts edited to remove political content. Please stick to the topic. Thanks for your cooperation.
I made One comment that could be political, NOT 9, WTF ???
And I asked a Mod to remove that !!!
Unless, comments about S.1253 is considered Political...and that effects All of us, Regardless of Political affiliation !!

Okla68,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I made One comment that could be political, NOT 9, WTF ???
And I asked a Mod to remove that !!!
Unless, comments about S.1253 is considered Political...and that effects All of us, Regardless of Political affiliation !!

From the rules:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
I removed the part you asked to have removed. I also removed all the off-topic responses from everyone. Please do not assume it's all about you.

pakalolo,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur

Right right, that one I removed and cleaned. I was talking about the two gaskets where the glass airpath pushes into. Those ones dont appear removable.
Sounds like Ghost is coming back to haunt us. :doh:

bulllee,

Okla68

Sounds like Ghost is coming back to haunt us. :doh:
Fortunately for me, my Ghost has Never Haunted me. Got it New from Vape Critic for $125, Charger, 2 batteries. Its Never missed a lick ! Never had it Combust a load. I did some modifications to the Heatsink, blocked the Center hole to facilitate a More Even extraction. Had one battery quit holding a charge, Ghost replaced it with 2 New ones for Free !
If this $103.48 Legacy continues to function as its supposed to, I feel as tho I cut a Fat Hog in the rear, Twice !

And YES....You can potentially Combust with it !
The draw portion of Demond mode is functional for One minute. Depressing the fire button, drawing till your lungs get full, quickly blow that out, still depressing the button and take another deep draw, by the 10th(for me) second of that continuation of draw it Starts to Really COOK the material(I Bailed before Real Combust)......Temp is set at 385°F.....at that temp I can get 8-10 Normal(10-15) draws before considered cashed.
So, whomever stated they combusted...YES SIR/MAAM.....IT WILL ! All depends on the draw.
Its a Pain to load if you try and keep seals clean for a good draw.
Again, FINICKY !

Last edited:

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I did some modifications to the Heatsink, blocked the Center hole to facilitate a More Even extraction.
[/QUOTE}
But it works great, right ? :lol: I got one that totally sucked. I did get my money back, I'm hoping for better results with the Legacy.

bulllee,

Okla68

Yes and it Still Works !

Back to the Legacy

Thought I'd try the Concentrate pad. Try putting in first, Tight Fit(requires some type of Pic to get it out, used a Needle). Left in Demand mode, cranked temp to Max(464°F). Applied a BB size piece of White Widow Diamond(no sauce) and hit the switch. Basically nothing(visible) for the first 2-3 draws. By the 3rd draw feeling the effects. Thereafter the exhaled vapor became denser. After about 6 draws I forgot what I was doing, lol...got distracted by a television show. I got BLITZED. I havent gone back to it yet. Am Sure there is More.
Worked quite well for someone with wasted Lungs (Bangers Kill me).
Never could get the Ghost to perform with its Pad.
This Long Anticipated device is proving to be versatile. After 2 days with it, Ill have to say that Ive Paid a Lot More for a Lot Less ! Is it the Panacea of Portable Vapes....that is yet to be determined.
I guess Ive become Much more Pessimistic after the Ghost experience. Dont get me Wrong, love the Ghost, but, I wouldn't choose it if I had to choose Only One(too temperamental). I dont think the Legacy is going to wear that crown either, we'll see.
And just noticed the Legacy Packaging is a Trip. Black & White Kaleidoscopic Swag, lol !

UPDATE: I was correct, there was More, about 8+ More Vapor producing draws, I'm Vaped Out...Quite toasted.
They say the Firefly is quite the Concentrate vaporizer. It gets to a max of 455°F...Legacy goes to 464°F, yet the vapor is virtually Cool, No sensations of Heat at all. As far as taste, Diamonds without Terp sauce, virtually Zip.
Sure gets you Medicated !!

Last edited:

LabPong

Yes and it Still Works !

Back to the Legacy

Thought I'd try the Concentrate pad. Try putting in first, Tight Fit(requires some type of Pic to get it out, used a Needle). Left in Demand mode, cranked temp to Max(464°F). Applied a BB size piece of White Widow Diamond(no sauce) and hit the switch. Basically nothing(visible) for the first 2-3 draws. By the 3rd draw feeling the effects. Thereafter the exhaled vapor became denser. After about 6 draws I forgot what I was doing, lol...got distracted by a television show. I got BLITZED. I havent gone back to it yet. Am Sure there is More.
Worked quite well for someone with wasted Lungs (Bangers Kill me).
Never could get the Ghost to perform with its Pad.
This Long Anticipated device is proving to be versatile. After 2 days with it, Ill have to say that Ive Paid a Lot More for a Lot Less ! Is it the Panacea of Portable Vapes....that is yet to be determined.
I guess Ive become Much more Pessimistic after the Ghost experience. Dont get me Wrong, love the Ghost, but, I wouldn't choose it if I had to choose Only One(too temperamental). I dont think the Legacy is going to wear that crown either, we'll see.
And just noticed the Legacy Packaging is a Trip. Black & White Kaleidoscopic Swag, lol !

UPDATE: I was correct, there was More, about 8+ More Vapor producing draws, I'm Vaped Out...Quite toasted.
They say the Firefly is quite the Concentrate vaporizer. It gets to a max of 455°F...Legacy goes to 464°F, yet the vapor is virtually Cool, No sensations of Heat at all. As far as taste, Diamonds without Terp sauce, virtually Zip.
Sure gets you Medicated !!

Good to hear that it works well with concentrates for you Okla! Yes, just diamonds = little if any taste....but big effects. ✨

floribud

I wrote to Airvape asking for an update. Thought some of you might appreciate this. I'm 20813610. I ordered March 6 and received my confirmation at 4:23pm that day. Just got this from Bernadette:
Thank you for reaching out to us and we will be happy to help you with your inquiry. We have begun shipping orders out since the 29th of July and we are trying to fulfill orders from order number 20813098-20816858 by batch. The reason why you have not received any tracking number yet is because there are 512 orders that need to be fulfilled prior to yours which means that we will have to wait until those orders are fulfilled before we can ship out your order and this may take a week or two as we are still waiting for 3 shipments to be approved by customs. We will send you an email notification with your tracking number as soon as your order ships. We understand you have been waiting a long time for the legacy that's why we've added your name to the top of our shipping list so we may ship your order as soon as our shipment is released from customs and arrives at our warehouse.. We are hoping for your kind consideration.

floribud,
Top Bottom