AirVape legacy

jbm

I requested a refund on 7/17 and have not seen the money yet...
I was wondering if this wasn’t going to start happening.

So I emailed CS again, thinking maybe I’d get my squeak greased. Instead I learned that their new one size fits all excuse is USPS:

Shipments for the AirVape Legacy has already been begun on July 29th, 2020, and we are continuously shipping orders every day. Please note that orders are fulfilled by order number and if you have not yet received the tracking details, this is because you may be included on the next batch of orders being fulfilled every day. I could not guarantee or provide you with the estimated shipment of your order since expected delays are to happen due to the current budget cuts and low staffing of the US postal service.

Rest assured that we will keep you posted once your order has been fulfilled and ready for shipment. We kindly ask for your heightened patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Interestingly, other things I’m ordering are getting to me fine via USPS. As an inexpensive experiment, I ordered one of the Hippie Nano + cart batteries they recently promoted. It shipped; it was supposed to be delivered today, but is now “in transit, arriving late.” I ordered some remedy hemp from Horn Creek last Thursday; arrived today. Ordered some glass from Grav Aug 1; arriving tomorrow.

Last edited:

bgrpph

i cancelled my Legacy order in mid july via an email. they acknowledged & processed refund. I cked my CC statement few days later & a credit had been posted for the full refund. no issue

bgrpph,
Reactions: Okla68

willy510

So I emailed CS again, thinking maybe I’d get my squeak greased. Instead I learned that their new one size fits all excuse is USPS:

Interestingly, other things I’m ordering are getting to me fine via USPS. As an inexpensive experiment, I ordered one of the Hippie Nano + cart batteries they recently promoted. It shipped; it was supposed to be delivered today, but is now “in transit, arriving late.” I ordered some remedy hemp from Horn Creek last Thursday; arrived today. Ordered some glass from Grav Aug 1; arriving tomorrow.

Yea I emailed them a few days ago and asked for a general answer as to when I might see a tracking # and specifically asked them not to use the USPS delay as an excuse since USPS has nothing to do with them packing it up and making a shipping label. They've been "shipping" since the 29th so they should know by now how many can be labeled a day so they should be able to give me a ballpark idea of when I could expect a tracking # . Of course they ignored all of that and just sent the canned answer. The only thing that seems more clear is that they probably don't have any actual inventory of them and the ones that we are seeing now are probably the 50 that they said they sent out more than a month ago but never sent them out until the 29th or sometime after that. I don't think that anything is going to change anytime soon

junny89

Sadly I have 1082 customers ahead of me.
yet I bagged the first 50 customer free wireless bank which was confirmed when I ordered in April or so.
Guess another round of waiting is in order. Despite the newsletter stating it would be shipped by now, not sure if you remember it or not ? My order was in the list of batch numbers.
They can’t provide any further updates either other than 3 packages are stuck in customs. No expedited moving up the shipping chain either despite mine being a international order.

junny89,

Okla68

I Agree....I ordered a Replacement mouthpiece for my X 3-4 weeks ago...received it in 8 days, Counting a Weekend...so, Obviously Not USPS problems. Also, according to my order #, there were 492 orders in front of me. I was one who was Blowing up their CS dept., their Facebook page with Complaints about them advertising products that they DONT HAVE APPARENTLY as ive been waiting 5 months with only Excuses for response. Mary Lovato of CS, stated she would expidite my order to the Top of the List....Obviously, she Did (THANK YOU MARY) !
Airvape had used positive comments from me about the "X" on their Facebook and home site in the past. I guess now getting scathing comments in public from me wasnt received well, so, apparently she did what she said shed she'd do. And as someone else had suggested, the Inclusion of the Wireless charger for someone Not in the 1st 50 was to Ease the Pain from not getting a Real Response to literally Dozens of questioning Emails. ILL TAKE IT !

UPDATE TO USING CONCENTRATES:
Vaping the Diamonds was good. Was worried about the potential Low temps causing Reclaim buildup. Diamonds, No Problem...didnt seem to produce any Reclaim. Thought id try some homemade Shatter, to my disappointment, it did what i was worried about. It created a Buildup of Reclaim on the Dispersion disc located on the door, thereby restricting Air Flow. Just Not Enough Heat or easily Overloaded(only used a small piece), IDK. That lil disc sits right on top of the load when the door is closed. I had concern for goo buildup from Flower, never happened in 7 bowls full. Dont think that lil disc is Removable unfortunately.....it does have a Micro size Torx screw attaching it to the door(never seen a Torx bit that small before). I can see this as a Future problem in attempting to keeping the Airpath clear, another WE'LL SEE !
IF ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTING A VAPE WAS EASY, EVERYONE WOULD BE TRYING TO RIDE THE WAVE !

Okla68,
Reactions: arb

Zzz_90

Pre-ordered 2/28. My 3rd or 4th replacement airvape kicked the bucket just recently, got irritated with that plus on top of waiting months for this new one. Ordered a solo 2 same day, emailed cs to cancel the pre-order. Got a quick response, offered to move my name up on the list for the next batch that is supposedly in customs awaiting approval / a wireless charger for the troubles of i decided to change my mind. Figured what the heck and didn’t cancel. Let them know and within the same day got a usps notification that they was awaiting the package, got another notification that night that they have received the package and is currently in transit

Okla68

Pre-ordered 2/28. My 3rd or 4th replacement airvape kicked the bucket just recently, got irritated with that plus on top of waiting months for this new one. Ordered a solo 2 same day, emailed cs to cancel the pre-order. Got a quick response, offered to move my name up on the list for the next batch that is supposedly in customs awaiting approval / a wireless charger for the troubles of i decided to change my mind. Figured what the heck and didn’t cancel. Let them know and within the same day got a usps notification that they was awaiting the package, got another notification that night that they have received the package and is currently in transit
Kool, youll enjoy it when Finally arrives.
After my Concentrate experience with it, seems it will vape Diamonds, but, Shatter over loaded it(melted, too much Reclaim, IMO, 464 isn't Hot enough, clogged the lil Disc that sits on top of the bowl when the door is shut. Vapor passes thru it). Vaping Pure Diamonds worked Great !

Last edited:
Okla68,
Reactions: arb

Okla68

Well, mine is finally on the way. USPS says it will be delivered tomorrow.
You'll enjoy it. Lots to Learn about this device. After 4 days Ill express an opinion...
This is NOT A NEWBIE VAPE ! It isnt a Load and go, eazy peazy like the X. More along the lines of the famous "Ghost" !
There is a Disc on the door that closes directly onto the bowl. The disc has Holes surrounding its perimeter that channel the vapor from the bowl along the gasket path thru a Tiny(3×2mm) lil gold plated screen, then into the glass vapor tube, thru a baffle into the mouthpiece.
You Cant remove the disc to clean it. Its attached to the door with a Micro size Torx screw. The disc sits about a mm off the surface of the door. Vapor from the bowl passes thru the perimeter holes into this mm space thats open to the airpath created by the gasket. You Must keep these lil holes clear or youll get no airflow. Did a small piece of Diamonds with the Pad, worked good..tried a lil piece of Shatter/Wax and it covered the disc with Reclaim, Blocking the holes, No Airflow !(IMO, 464°F isnt hot enough to completely vaporize some Concentrates)
Keeping the area around the bowl gasket junction free from lil pieces of product is Critical for making a good seal. You can't just Stuff and go like you can do with some vapes when filling it.
Just a Couple of the Quirks Ive found so far.

Last edited:

Complexity

Well, mine is finally on the way. USPS says it will be delivered tomorrow.

Aaahhh!! I'm still 1,510 orders behind you!!
I've been trying to have patience but just the feeling that I'm so close but not(really?) is driving me insane...

You'll enjoy it. Lots to Learn about this device. After 4 days Ill express an opinion...
This is NOT A NEWBIE VAPE ! It isnt a Load and go, eazy peazy like the X. More along the lines of the famous "Ghost" !
There is a Disc on the door that closes directly onto the bowl. The disc has Holes surrounding its perimeter that channel the vapor from the bowl along the gasket path thru a Tiny(3×2mm) lil gold plated screen, then into the glass vapor tube, thru a baffle into the mouthpiece.
You Cant remove the disc to clean it. Its attached to the door with a Micro size Torx screw. The disc sits about a mm off the surface of the door. Vapor from the bowl passes thru the perimeter holes into this mm space thats open to the airpath created by the gasket. You Must keep these lil holes clear or youll get no airflow. Did a small piece of Diamonds with the Pad, worked good..tried a lil piece of Shatter/Wax and it covered the disc with Reclaim, Blocking the holes, No Airflow !(IMO, 464°F isnt hot enough to completely vaporize some Concentrates)
Keeping the area around the bowl gasket junction free from lil pieces of product is Critical for making a good seal. You can't just Stuff and go like you can do with some vapes when filling it.
Just a Couple of the Quirks Ive found so far.

And what you said makes sense. It is a convection oven and from what I've been following based on the MV1 and the Firefly these type of devices are just that, not for newbies. I dunno why I've ended up purchasing two vapes that are similarly high maintenance from how you describe it to be so far.

I, however; still cannot wait until I finally have my hands on the Legacy. What ultimately brought me to buy it was that I liked the idea of not having the herbs cook while not in use since I don't usually use a whole lot to get baked.
On a side note, I ordered the bubbler piece when I pre-ordered. Figured why not since I managed to get the $100 off.

Complexity,

Okla68

Aaahhh!! I'm still 1,510 orders behind you!!
I've been trying to have patience but just the feeling that I'm so close but not(really?) is driving me insane...

And what you said makes sense. It is a convection oven and from what I've been following based on the MV1 and the Firefly these type of devices are just that, not for newbies. I dunno why I've ended up purchasing two vapes that are similarly high maintenance from how you describe it to be so far.

I, however; still cannot wait until I finally have my hands on the Legacy. What ultimately brought me to buy it was that I liked the idea of not having the herbs cook while not in use since I don't usually use a whole lot to get baked.
On a side note, I ordered the bubbler piece when I pre-ordered. Figured why not since I managed to get the $100 off.
Im a Fiddler, retired, nothing besides my plants to mess with, not counting Housework, Yardwork etc. So the idea of having a unique device to play with I find intriguing. But, if in a Hurry to get wasted and you dont already have it ready, ya gotta be precise with filling it. Its Not a device that Easily fills Ive found. Im finding a Full bowl of Medium/Fine is working best. Also, dont be sipping on the draw. Give it a Firm, Long draw..keyword FIRM....The oven on the thing Will Get the Material Cooking, the longer you draw, the lo ger it Cooks, thats Convection....be prepared to bail on the draw as it Will get Intense. This is set at 392°F. Ive found if ya wanna get a Thick hit, draw Firm and Long.
The oven will fire for 60 seconds at a time, you can hold the button down that long or release and instantly refire it. It Will get and keep the material hot as long as you Suck. Dosent seem to be much Conduction effect, even with button pushed....Sucking is a Different story.

Its Really Moisture content Sensitive as far as Vapor is concerned.
No Question about it being FINICKY ! Starting to bring back Ghost memories. 5+ days in, seeing some Inconsistencies in performance akin the Ghost. Whispy hits to be careful of your lungs hits...!

Last edited:

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Call your credit card company and start a chargeback, that will get their attention

Yup, done. Unfortunately, this will be the end of my business with Airvape, regardless of the product. When my X dies, I'll be looking at competing products. The CS has been too shady, I can't trust a company that is this disrespectful of its customers.

Last edited:

yogurtsauce

Mine just shipped. Hopefully I’ll be able to get it before the whole USPS shuts down or “loses” all of its machines. I’ve had the ghost and firefly so to those who wonder, I’ll be able to give fair comparisons. At $250, it costs the same as my tinymight. But it would be unfair to compare it to another device. It’s just at that price point, it straight up better not suck ass for a quarter thousand.

My prediction is that I will get what I paid for, a $100 device.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Well, I just got notification that I will be receiving my Legacy tomorrow. I am excited, but a little peeved. My order was in 2/29/20 and I was #20813279. I had alluded to Bernadette that I was hoping to receive a free power bank, because was an early order. She told me that I was not in the first fifty, therefore, I would not be getting one. And now I hear that people who were much later than me were receiving the free power bank? What gives Apollo? I have really enjoyed my X and have recommended it to many of my friends. I have reviewed on Facebook and have spoken highly of their service department. But, this really gets in my craw. I have waited five and half months for this. I trusted their products so much, that I preordered as soon as I received the e-mail about the presale. I am not happy. They should give everyone who has been waiting for at least five months a power bank or another accessory for free. It is a matter of good business practices. Enough....I’m waiting for tomorrow’s post.

willy510

They sent email saying my order has been cancelled and I should receive the refund to my card in 1-5 business days.
At least I finally got a definitive answer from customer service finally :rolleyes: Never a good word or money will ever be spent on Airvape again :myday:

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
They sent email saying my order has been cancelled and I should receive the refund to my card in 1-5 business days.
At least I finally got a definitive answer from customer service finally :rolleyes: Never a good word or money will ever be spent on Airvape again :myday:

Keep an eye on your account, 25 days since I requested a refund and nothin'.

TakoyakiFreeride,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Mine is on the way. I ordered March 6 ? pretty sure.

Order 20813597Thank you !

Your order is confirmed

We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.
Track order with Shop

bulllee,

Okla68

Mine is on the way. I ordered March 6 ? pretty sure.

Order 20813597Thank you !

Your order is confirmed

We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.
Track order with Shop
Yep, my order was 20813590 and it was ordered on the 6th also. Got mine 6 days ago !

Okla68,

Complexity

Im a Fiddler, retired, nothing besides my plants to mess with, not counting Housework, Yardwork etc. So the idea of having a unique device to play with I find intriguing. But, if in a Hurry to get wasted and you dont already have it ready, ya gotta be precise with filling it. Its Not a device that Easily fills Ive found. Im finding a Full bowl of Medium/Fine is working best. Also, dont be sipping on the draw. Give it a Firm, Long draw..keyword FIRM....The oven on the thing Will Get the Material Cooking, the longer you draw, the lo ger it Cooks, thats Convection....be prepared to bail on the draw as it Will get Intense. This is set at 392°F. Ive found if ya wanna get a Thick hit, draw Firm and Long.
The oven will fire for 60 seconds at a time, you can hold the button down that long or release and instantly refire it. It Will get and keep the material hot as long as you Suck. Doesn't seem to be much Conduction effect, even with button pushed....Sucking is a Different story.

Its Really Moisture content Sensitive as far as Vapor is concerned.
No Question about it being FINICKY ! Starting to bring back Ghost memories. 5+ days in, seeing some Inconsistencies in performance akin the Ghost. Whispy hits to be careful of your lungs hits...!

Thanks for the tips! It'll help me when I finally get my hands on it!

And moisture content...ah, yes it does bring back Ghost memories. I'm stuck with two Ghost units right now and I thought that Airvape would be different. lol
But whatever, I gave Ghost a chance(and struggled using my first unit being INCONSISTENT AF and seldomly producing a decent draw) so I'll give Airvape a chance as well. My Ghost unit does excellently as long as I keep it consistently clean. I have plenty of heatsinks to swap out so it's not a problem. Only problem is finding isopropyl alcohol right now. lol

Complexity,

jbm

Well, I just got notification that I will be receiving my Legacy tomorrow. I am excited, but a little peeved. My order was in 2/29/20 and I was #20813279. I had alluded to Bernadette that I was hoping to receive a free power bank, because was an early order. She told me that I was not in the first fifty, therefore, I would not be getting one. And now I hear that people who were much later than me were receiving the free power bank? What gives Apollo?
Yep, mine arrived, no power bank. I'm charging it now, will probably take it for a first spin tonight. Did anyone do a burn off first or clean any components? I see what people mean about the basket - it fits into the oven very loosely and its rim keeps the hatch from closing. I was trying to see if the oven could be replaced by the basket, but nothing jumps out at me. I thought an S&B dosing capsule might fit the oven. Too large by just a hair.

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
They emailed me sayin me order done ship
I was 20813450
Clearly, they are promoting line-jumping to those squeaky wheels among us.
I sent a few CS emails and soon thereafter received the shipping confirmation.

On another note, I ordered 3 Hippie Nanos @$5 and 1/3 dies not fire any inserted cart

Top Bottom