AirVape Legacy Pro

Mrencopresis

guys i need help, i cannot find a way to reinstall the oven section's small oblong screen and gasket by the oven itself. is there a video showing how to do this. i've been trying for 4 days and i cannot do it. help i need visuals
Try to watch the cleaning video which shows a technique for putting the screen back in place. Lay the gasket in place first then use the stir tool to push the screen in place. You may have to push the screen a fair bit inward into the unit to get it to square back in place. For me though I ended up removing all the screens including the mouthpiece and the wheel and just use the top of a dosing cap.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Try to watch the cleaning video which shows a technique for putting the screen back in place. Lay the gasket in place first then use the stir tool to push the screen in place. You may have to push the screen a fair bit inward into the unit to get it to square back in place. For me though I ended up removing all the screens including the mouthpiece and the wheel and just use the top of a dosing cap.
I am very curious...by removing the mouth piece too? Do you feel a difference? Apparently right? Without a mouth piece I can imagine the flow is more dynamic?

Dr. G,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I think he was talking about the screen in the mouthpiece and not the entire mouthpiece itself. I could be wrong.

@Mrencopresis interesting username btw 😂
oh...yes. Maybe. I just took my mouth piece off to try it. I feel that having the mouth piece somehow directs it more and feels like an even thrust. I like it better with the mouth piece. I just do not like cleaning that area. But, soon there will be a new design and then, we will have to complain about something else....LOL.

seedy53

i want to sell the black one , got the steampunk. this is why, i want to put it back. i know about that screen hack and use it. want to sell in og condition. i still can't get that bitch back in.
i'm selling my old og model because my hubby has been told to stop because of his copd is getting worse. edibles is his only method now. so i have two alps now and seems a waste to sit on one. but i'm not in a hurry. lol

seedy53,
Reactions: Dr. G

Mrencopresis

I am very curious...by removing the mouth piece too? Do you feel a difference? Apparently right? Without a mouth piece I can imagine the flow is more dynamic?
I use the mouthpiece I just remove the screen. It improves airflow but I think you can get a particle infrequently. This is the same with removing any screen. I like to use the mouthpiece as I feel it’s easier to get a stronger pull. I inhale over my tongue. When I removed the mouthpiece there is even more flow but I felt it was not as ergonomic…I kind of wasn’t a big fan of the airflow over my teeth. Or putting my mouth over the whole thing. Ymmv. Hope this helps!

Mrencopresis,
  • Haha
Reactions: Okla68

Dr. G

Old Resident
i'm selling my old og model because my hubby has been told to stop because of his copd is getting worse. edibles is his only method now. so i have two alps now and seems a waste to sit on one. but i'm not in a hurry. lol
Sorry to hear but, thank God for edibles...just my two cents I think you should keep your ALP...I was in the same position as you and one day my ALP took a plunge into the toilet...that same one took like three shits onto the floor and the door got damaged. Thank God I had my second ALP...so, accidents can happen.

Dr. G,
Reactions: seedy53

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
So, for the longest time I've been loading my ALP with crumbled little nuggs and vaping by temp-stepping from about 370F to 390F. Great flavor!

But I couldn't for the life of me remember why I went away from coarse grind to crumbled nuggs so I loaded some coarse grind in there today and started at around 340F on a hunch. Wow. Why did I never try this before? Powerful thick vapor. Cool and tasty.

I think when I first tried coarse grind I may have started at too high a temp? Maybe I overfilled the bowl? I honestly don't remember but I didn't like the coarse grind experience when I first got the unit. I've never really had a unit where I considered vaping at such a low temp but in session mode I guess the conduction + convection effects over time just build up nicely. Not sure I can trust that temp display 🤔

Might try even lower temps going forward. Too many vapes to experiment on and too little time. 😛 Feeling dumb I missed out on this for a while.

RxPlorer

So, for the longest time I've been loading my ALP with crumbled little nuggs and vaping by temp-stepping from about 370F to 390F. Great flavor!

But I couldn't for the life of me remember why I went away from coarse grind to crumbled nuggs so I loaded some coarse grind in there today and started at around 340F on a hunch. Wow. Why did I never try this before? Powerful thick vapor. Cool and tasty.

I think when I first tried coarse grind I may have started at too high a temp? Maybe I overfilled the bowl? I honestly don't remember but I didn't like the coarse grind experience when I first got the unit. I've never really had a unit where I considered vaping at such a low temp but in session mode I guess the conduction + convection effects over time just build up nicely. Not sure I can trust that temp display 🤔

Might try even lower temps going forward. Too many vapes to experiment on and too little time. 😛 Feeling dumb I missed out on this for a while.
Yea the temp display is basically nonsense. Almost no difference between "290f" and "330f", and "365" is basically 400f.

Edit: still a phenomenal vape but the temp readout is definitely inaccurate. If AirVape made one obvious mistake with the unit it was the lack of calibration and/or firmware upgrade. The other mistake is just the ledge around the bowl gasket that results in a mess. Should have been sloped for cleaner loading.

RxPlorer,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Yea the temp display is basically nonsense. Almost no difference between "290f" and "330f", and "365" is basically 400f.
I mean, the setting does seem to have a nice linear effect but I guess it's not nearly as precise as it says.
Edit: still a phenomenal vape but the temp readout is definitely inaccurate. If AirVape made one obvious mistake with the unit it was the lack of calibration and/or firmware upgrade. The other mistake is just the ledge around the bowl gasket that results in a mess. Should have been sloped for cleaner loading.
Agree here. That's probably likely one of the reasons I started using crumbled nuggs as they clean up much better than coarse grind. Also I guess the chunkier nuggs take longer to cook and are less sensitive to higher temps. Airflow is generally better too for even cooking.

Still, getting really nice results by cranking that heater down with coarse grind.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: RxPlorer

OyVape

I have to run mine within a few degrees of 345f to get the same flavor and vapor as I would run other vapes at 365

OyVape,
Reactions: RxPlorer

hinglemccringleberry

Has anyone used a Dab Cap (v4 or v5) as a WPA adapter with the Legacy Pro? Does it fit the mouthpiece and seal it correctly?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

seedy53

Sorry to hear but, thank God for edibles...just my two cents I think you should keep your ALP...I was in the same position as you and one day my ALP took a plunge into the toilet...that same one took like three shits onto the floor and the door got damaged. Thank God I had my second ALP...so, accidents can happen.
i'm in no hurry to sell og alp, might loan it to a friend a few weeks

seedy53,

RxPlorer

Just wanted to shout out to Bernadette and Air vape Team. Sent in ALP because it was not working properly. After paying shipping fee, I received brand new ALP and free dosing capsules!
Very cool. Still the old style capsules I assume

RxPlorer,

seedy53

I don't really think we should be encouraging people to go attack a review thread on Reddit. That feels a little bit like borderline brigading.
encouraging people? where did i say that? don't spin my words. i said if interested have a read. why you got to go there>? i've never encouraged shit like that, ever, that's a real nasty thing to say. check my history here and on reditt. i added my 2 cents does not mean to attack anyone and if you bothered to read what i said there you would see that.
so hurtful and never thought you of all people here would say this.

Last edited:
seedy53,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
encouraging people? where did i say that? don't spin my words. i said if interested have a read. why you got to go there>? i've never encouraged shit like that, ever, that's a real nasty thing to say. check my history here and on reditt. i added my 2 cents does not mean to attack anyone and if you bothered to read what i said there you would see that.
so hurtful and never thought you of all people here would say this.
I apologize for this. I thought sharing the thread here could lead some to attack without thinking. But I should have been more careful in my response.

I did not mean to attack you in any way, but I do encourage you to be mindful about the group mindset that can emerge around a vape team.

I think you seem very cool here on this forum and I am truly sorry to have had the appearance of accusing you of something like that.

I would phase my post differently now that I have gone back and read it. And I appreciate sharing with me how I sounded.

Last edited:

Sue Narmy

I apologize for this. I thought sharing the thread here could lead some to attack without thinking. But I should have been more careful in my response.

I did not mean to attack you in any way, but I do encourage you to be mindful about the group mindset that can emerge around a vape team.

I think you seem very cool here on this forum and I am truly sorry to have had the appearance of accusing you of something like that.

I would phase it differently now that I have gone back and read it. And I appreciate sharing with me how I sounded.
I read it the same way so you’re not the only one.

Sue Narmy,

seedy53

I would phase it differently now that I have gone back and read it. And I appreciate sharing with me how I sounded.
it is all good, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. should i remove the link or the thread i started?

seedy53,
Top Bottom