AirVape Legacy Pro

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
just got mines, havent tested it yet but the mouthpiece is loose as well, bought it used tho so no telling. Its definitely bigger thani thought but feels good an dlooks nice

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Flow

Dr. G

Old Resident
I received my Steampunk today...it is an interesting look. Keeping it as a vape for outside the house...like my regular Legacy Pro. Looks the same. Just different color. All is in excellent condition.

Dr. G,
Reactions: seedy53

Complexity

I got the ALP SE yesterday as well! It's definitely pretty. Loving the colors. In different light that brass really stands out.
I did a couple of burn off sessions and tried it out about an hour or so ago. Working excellently as it should!
Seems like there's more of that off gassing smell but nothing too bad.

Everyone is talking about the doors on their ALP's. Idk if it's because it's new but the door feels more solid and sturdy.
My first ALP's door feels almost wobbly and I do have a more noticeable gap where the chamber sits.

ld

Well the TM and AVLP are the same in that sense. I hope ull be okay with it and looking forward to hearing ur experience!
I'm happy to see some discussion on both vapes. I have the Pro and loving it but always trying someynrw and different. I received the TM2 last week, but was a defective unit, so going back. I prefer micro dosing, but found I use session mode for appx 3- hitsband then just turn it off. I was hoping the TM2 could compete with my Omni Dynavap?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Ive got both a tm and the avlp and peraonally i use the avlp for 3 min sessions watching tv etc and the tm for one big hit while out n about or through water if my enano isnt warm yet

ld

Ive got both a tm and the avlp and peraonally i use the avlp for 3 min sessions watching tv etc and the tm for one big hit while out n about or through water if my enano isnt warm yet
Exactly what I was hoping, I actually have been using my dosing capsules in the avlp, I was one of the lucky ones that all six are fine (not as easy as they should be, but much easier then cleaning using just the lid of the dosing cap). Since you have both, do you recommend dosing caps for the TM2 or just straight?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Exactly what I was hoping, I actually have been using my dosing capsules in the avlp, I was one of the lucky ones that all six are fine (not as easy as they should be, but much easier then cleaning using just the lid of the dosing cap). Since you have both, do you recommend dosing caps for the TM2 or just straight?
Just straight in both for me

hinglemccringleberry

I am thinking a rimmed basket screen for the Milaana/Splinter stems, would fit perfectly in the Legacy Pro chamber, and be the perfect height for it. The lid closes on top of it and holds it in place as long as the wheel is adjusted to perfectly accommodate it. Can anyone confirm?
At the moment, I own a Milaana basket screen but not a Legacy Pro. If I buy a Pro I would try to make this work before buying Airvape dosing capsules. I'm always trying to be re$ourceful with my vape gear.
So if anyone has tried / is willing to try this, your feedback would be super appreciated.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

I am thinking a rimmed basket screen for the Milaana/Splinter stems, would fit perfectly in the Legacy Pro chamber, and be the perfect height for it. The lid closes on top of it and holds it in place as long as the wheel is adjusted to perfectly accommodate it. Can anyone confirm?
At the moment, I own a Milaana basket screen but not a Legacy Pro. If I buy a Pro I would try to make this work before buying Airvape dosing capsules. I'm always trying to be re$ourceful with my vape gear.
So if anyone has tried / is willing to try this, your feedback would be super appreciated.

UhuM

I'm using the same kind of screen bowls for about a month and it's really working. Removed the disc from the avlp, and put a 16mm (Mighty+) screen on top of the bowl. After 1-2 sessions, the screen sticks to the top screw, where the disc was (until i clean everything again). So its not as portable as dedicated capsules, but it's really keeping the chamber clean, speeds up the process of getting a fresh bowl and helps with microdosing - using around ~0.05g for 1-2 short on demand sessions.
To have some sort of lid for the bowls, i just use another one and put it on top of the loaded one.

JustAnotherCritic

I've been using the dosing caps pretty thoroughly since they were released. So far, I do like them, but my opinion on the fine threading remains negative. Now that I've been using them for a while the threads are getting even more finicky. Once some resin gets into the threads they become harder to unscrew after a bowl since it really seems to lock up the fine threads, using the pick tool can still open it, but it's definitely not as smooth without cleaning every couple days. I only screw the caps on a little bit to avoid them seizing up completely.

I find myself using them mainly due to the convenience factor of just throwing a cap in without any mess, but I really wish that the caps weren't recessed like they are so that they could hold some more weed. There is no reason the caps should be recessed so much they can accommodate the microdosing disk fully extended. The caps should be taller, and the microdosing disk should be required to be removed or at the very least it should need to be fully screwed in.

Other than the threading and the recessed caps, I find them pretty good. Their airflow and flavor is great. I am concerned about their long term durability because of the threads though. They're already getting a bit harder to line up, I'm assuming since it's so easy to cross thread that some damage has been done. I doubt they will survive a full year of use, which is rather disappointing.

Overall I think they would have been a good prototype, but they shouldn't have been released as is. I hope that AirVape will create a revision and provide a deep discount to the first generation owners, because that is the only way I will buy more dosing caps when these eventually fail.

StringTheorista

Yes it does work without the lid, as long as you're lowering the microdose disk all the way down. You'll still get a mess on the lid, unless you cap it with a 5/8" mesh screen. The only way to cleanly change the load will be to flip the whole unit over to dump it into tray, then retrieve your cap and screen.

Given all that noise, I found it's better to put your herb directly into the chamber and top it with the capsule lid.
Or, with the lid of an S&B capsule

StringTheorista,
Reactions: davesmith

shane1

Have narrowed down my purchase to these:

S&B Mighty+

Tiny Might 2

Air Vape Legacy Pro

Angus by YLL VAPE

Airizer Airmax

Can anyone recommend a retailer for the Legacy Pro?

shane1,
Reactions: JCat

rageweary

@felvapes how am i missing it? aren't we both saying i doesn't fully close because of tension from the silicone seal? doesn't this mean either the hinge or the cover tilts or flexes from tension on one end because it's only fixed in the middle?

i'm still going to purchase it but i'd like the lid to sit flush in future iterations, i don't understand why this idea is so controversial to you.

rageweary

Just received my alp steam punk. How many burn offs are y'all doing to get rid of the robot fart smell? I've done at least 10 and it hasn't diminished in the slightest

vandalizedbythelotus

Just received my alp steam punk. How many burn offs are y'all doing to get rid of the robot fart smell? I've done at least 10 and it hasn't diminished in the slightest
clean/wash the entire airpath as well as possible, run some max temp burn-offs (session mode), let the device air for a couple of days. had the same experience with my regular AVLP and V3PRO, hot plastic aroma went away after a couple of bowls.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: rageweary

rageweary

clean/wash the entire airpath as well as possible, run some max temp burn-offs (session mode), let the device air for a couple of days. had the same experience with my regular AVLP and V3PRO, hot plastic aroma went away after a couple of bowls.
I cleaned the entire airpath with 91% iso. I removed the mouthpiece gasket and let the mouthpiece soak for 20 or so mins. I'll probably try and air it out a few days as painful as that sounds because of how bad I want to try it

imor jones

Ok...i had no strong, or long lasting smell with my alp. But i had for sure with my v3pro, that never really went away. I gave the unit away now...
But i just received my steampunk. Was just 8€ taxes to germany...wow.
So its still in the parcel. I unpack it and tell if there is robot fart...

Edit.
I opened it.
I mean yes it s smelling like an Electronic device. Not too strong though. I cleaned nothing till now. When sniffing at the Batterie chamber its smelly stronger. When hitting the cold vape its has just a little plastic taste. Not too strong i find.
Will check after cleaning....

Last edited:
imor jones,
Reactions: davesmith
Top Bottom