AirVape Legacy Pro

rageweary

Ok...i had no strong, or long lasting smell with my alp. But i had for sure with my v3pro, that never realy went away. I gave it away now...
But i just received my steampunk. Was just 8€ taxes to germany...wow.
So its still in the parcel. I unpack it and tell if there is robot fart...
I got home from work this morning and planned to try and let it air out but my impatience got the best of me so I thoroughly cleaned it again and put a couple bowls through it. While it does still linger a little it's so much better than it was. Also besides one small defect the unit is absolutely stunning

BuzzDanklin

Hey guys I finished up my Airvape Legacy Pro review, and got some photos of the new Steampunk Edition.

AirVape-Legacy-Pro-Vaporizer-Review-VaporizerWizard-1024x768.jpg

rageweary

Ok...i had no strong, or long lasting smell with my alp. But i had for sure with my v3pro, that never really went away. I gave the unit away now...
But i just received my steampunk. Was just 8€ taxes to germany...wow.
So its still in the parcel. I unpack it and tell if there is robot fart...

Edit.
I opened it.
I mean yes it s smelling like an Electronic device. Not too strong though. I cleaned nothing till now. When sniffing at the Batterie chamber its smelly stronger. When hitting the cold vape its has just a little plastic taste. Not too strong i find.
Will check after cleaning....
Well I'm glad yours was better than mine in that respect. Mine was awful to begin with. I am happy to say that the robot fart taste is pretty much gone.

Flow

Well I'm glad yours was better than mine in that respect. Mine was awful to begin with. I am happy to say that the robot fart taste is pretty much gone.

I read somewhere else in this forum that you can let it open for 2 or 3 days to get rid of that smell…
dunno if it works as i didn't get that robot-fart smell in my unit…

rageweary

The robot fart smell is gone now. Thanks for all the advice. The vapor from this thing is very tasty but what shocks me the most is how cool the vapor is. I'm going to use it as is for a couple of weeks and then I'm going to try some of the screen hacks mentioned in this thread

bm96

Hey I don't own this device but heavily considering it. Apart from the leather strip on the side, hemp material and mouthpiece, is the remainder of the unit housing metal? or is it plastic? Thanks

Dr. G

Old Resident
The robot fart smell is gone now. Thanks for all the advice. The vapor from this thing is very tasty but what shocks me the most is how cool the vapor is. I'm going to use it as is for a couple of weeks and then I'm going to try some of the screen hacks mentioned in this thread
I keep telling my friends about this flavor this vape has that is wicked good. I just want them to try it just once...I grew up on the Firefly. I have the OG's...the flavor was great. This ALP, the flavor is BETTER...the Firefly always wins taste tests...I know there is a new contender. ALP. I love the taste....

bm96

I keep telling my friends about this flavor this vape has that is wicked good. I just want them to try it just once...I grew up on the Firefly. I have the OG's...the flavor was great. This ALP, the flavor is BETTER...the Firefly always wins taste tests...I know there is a new contender. ALP. I love the taste....
My second vape ever was the Firefly 2, after the Pax! 8 or so years ago. Time flies. it was a complete game changer and I miss it. But it had a mostly plastic build. Not sure if they made it Metal with the Firefly 2+? I feel like the ALP should be a step up and also has a more common replaceable battery. I want to use it for both herb and concentrates. Honestly I'm still hesitating on just getting a Firefly again.

Last edited:

R1ng0

Airvape pro is ok only at very low temps I own all their models a lot of the early ones even the luxury special editions combust I have to vape 162c any higher combusts but it works fine at that temp and the buds dark brown after 2 sesh.What I'm interested in is how does that bubble package dosage pods work?

R1ng0,
Reactions: cosimo

R1ng0

So they don't work phew I was just about to buy some, well that's a no then

My own vote for best flavour is an IQ2 with a full tight pack through a water filter @192 C never tasted any better flavour and it lasts a long time, so for a pure weed high terpy tasting machine it's the davinci for me and I own a firefly 2 mighty, crafty steel top mods , ghost, Ss, Buddha, Solo II, tera, so there you go others may disagree but you know what they say about opinions being like another part of the anatomy lol

R1ng0,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

vandalizedbythelotus

Have the air bubbles been fixed?
not yet and according to the rep here they already have a roadmap for the near future which doesn't include capsule rework.
ATM they are heavily advertising the current caps, presumably trying to offload existing stock.
i think there's no reason to expect a rework in the next 6 months to a year, judging by how long they took to bring the current batch to market.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: wobbygong

rageweary

not yet and according to the rep here they already have a roadmap for the near future which doesn't include capsule rework.
ATM they are heavily advertising the current caps, presumably trying to offload existing stock.
i think there's no reason to expect a rework in the next 6 months to a year, judging by how long they took to bring the current batch to market.
Ugh, well that's cool. I've personally never been a fan of DC's but this thing seems like it would be a pain to use on the go so if they were reworked I would give them a shot. Still enjoying this thing. The super cool vapor still blows my mind!

wormraper

I just heard about the Legacy Pro today as I've been out of the market for a new vape for YEARS (last one was my original Arizer Solo II which was a BEAST for 5+ years).

from all the reviews and the reddit speak it looks like the ALP is a beast that hits harder than my ancient tech Solo II, but I was curious if it's as reliable as the Arizers and how their CS in case something does go wrong.

was originally just going to buy anothe Solo II or the Air Max but this caught my eye and figured 119 pages is a bit TOO much to read through to see how reliable it was. I do remember the old Legacy a few generations ago had door isssues where you had to hold the door shut so it didn't leak

Last edited:
wormraper,

Spin0620

I just heard about the Legacy Pro today as I've been out of the market for a new vape for YEARS (last one was my original Arizer Solo II which was a BEAST for 5+ years).

from all the reviews and the reddit speak it looks like the ALP is a beast that hits harder than my ancient tech Solo II, but I was curious if it's as reliable as the Arizers and how their CS in case something does go wrong.

was originally just going to buy anothe Solo II or the Air Max but this caught my eye and figured 119 pages is a bit TOO much to read through to see how reliable it was. I do remember the old Legacy a few generations ago had door isssues where you had to hold the door shut so it didn't leak
So far mine is going strong. Hits hard and smooth. The dosing capsules not so good but I think it's a great vape.

Kaaotic

I've had mine for a few months and have had zero issues. I never got any robot smell/taste when I first got it. I did 4 burn offs at full temp then had my first bowl and it was fantastic. I only use mine once a day (in the evenings) and find I only need to clean it once a week. I have removed the small oval screen next to the bowl and the micro dosing disk. I either use the dosing caps or use a 15mm screen to cover the bowl. I have no complaints with my Pro, but I can't say I'm completely satisfied with the dosing caps.
Hope that helps!

imor jones

Today i wanted to do the fitst real deep clean of the alp unit. So i wanted to clean the channel between oval screen next to the bowle and the glastube. I dripped some ISO on a qtip and inserted it from the side where the glastube sits. But i lost the cotton of the qtip inside. Then i wanted to remove that silicone seeling where the glastube normal sits. But i could not get it out and damaged it with the tweezer. I think its somehow still working now. But longterm i need to replace it. Havent seen it as a part to buy yet. Somebody know, if its available?
I was able to get the cotton out from the side where the oval screen sits. With a very thin tweezer.
But this small channel is so stupid to clean. And there must be a lot of reclaim in some certain spots, that you wont reach easy. Especially if its not possible to remove that silicone sealing ring, that i damaged.
So whats ur peeps suggestion how to clean that channel? Or how to get thst sealing ring out?
After 3 weeks of usage i can sayI really like that vape. Just that fiddeling cleaning is a bit of a pain.
Havent used my steampunk yet. But gave it a good clean today...airpath tastes nice and clean...

Dr. G

Old Resident
Today i wanted to do the fitst real deep clean of the alp unit. So i wanted to clean the channel between oval screen next to the bowle and the glastube. I dripped some ISO on a qtip and inserted it from the side where the glastube sits. But i lost the cotton of the qtip inside. Then i wanted to remove that silicone seeling where the glastube normal sits. But i could not get it out and damaged it with the tweezer. I think its somehow still working now. But longterm i need to replace it. Havent seen it as a part to buy yet. Somebody know, if its available?
I was able to get the cotton out from the side where the oval screen sits. With a very thin tweezer.
But this small channel is so stupid to clean. And there must be a lot of reclaim in some certain spots, that you wont reach easy. Especially if its not possible to remove that silicone sealing ring, that i damaged.
So whats ur peeps suggestion how to clean that channel? Or how to get thst sealing ring out?
After 3 weeks of usage i can sayI really like that vape. Just that fiddeling cleaning is a bit of a pain.
Havent used my steampunk yet. But gave it a good clean today...airpath tastes nice and clean...
Greetings and wow, sorry you are or were going through this mess right? That seems to be something many people do...stick the cotton tip in there. A few many threads back there was a discussion here about it. Someone did the very thing. I learned then, that the silicone sealing rings do not come out and do not attempt to do so...I clean in there with a dry qtip but, its a qtip that does not have lots of cotton on the tip. It is also longer with a wooden handle...I also, have never seen that part as an option to buy. Maybe Gary can help...I hope you get it fixed soon...

Top Bottom