AirVape Legacy Pro

Okla68

I ordered on Dec 17th and have yet to receive my capsules. It’s frustrating when people are posting about receiving their replacement capsules already.
If you are in the USA, I might be concerned. Contact Apollo CS!

Okla68,

Ceez100

If you are in the USA, I might be concerned. Contact Apollo CS!
I live in Canada, just outside of Toronto. It’s 2023 and shouldn’t take almost a month to ship here. I’m going to take your advice and contact CS regardless. Thanks

Ceez100,
Reactions: Okla68

Kaaotic

I live in Canada, just outside of Toronto. It’s 2023 and shouldn’t take almost a month to ship here. I’m going to take your advice and contact CS regardless. Thanks
Mine shipped Dec 28th and got here yeaterday. I live an hour north of Toronto. About the same amount of time it took for me to get my Legacy Pro. No issues at all with the shipment. It cleared customs with no additional charges etc.

felvapes

If the capsules were mesh I don’t think they would work as well as the solid ones.
It’s just the threading which lets them down.
Solid walls that are close to the oven walls
Mesh top and bottom

This would work properly
The current design suck and do not work well at all
I think they could work better than the current design, if only y the capsule floor and lid were mesh screen. The walls need to be solid for sure.
This is the thing I stated when they designed them and here a number of times
And in other threads

Caps need solid walls
But a mesh top and bottom gives the airflow
HR had all mesh caps and they suck
But mesh top and bottom with solid walls provides the tunnel for air to go through and the screens to let air in and over the weed to create clouds

The current design is the biggest let down and very disappointing that they ignored the advice of a few longtime vapers
The current ones are also too small

felvapes,
Reactions: RxPlorer

RxPlorer

Solid walls that are close to the oven walls
Mesh top and bottom

This would work properly
The current design suck and do not work well at all

This is the thing I stated when they designed them and here a number of times
And in other threads

Caps need solid walls
But a mesh top and bottom gives the airflow
HR had all mesh caps and they suck
But mesh top and bottom with solid walls provides the tunnel for air to go through and the screens to let air in and over the weed to create clouds

The current design is the biggest let down and very disappointing that they ignored the advice of a few longtime vapers
The current ones are also too small
Good points. They're working well for me, but I like an occasional (or frequent) dexterity challenge ;)

I emailed all of these points to Giselle with references to this thread. She was appreciative and assured me that the product team is taking the feedback seriously. I recommended that they provide some blog posts/ community updates on ongoing product changes. No word on whether public updates will be forthcoming, but I'm very hopeful.

Just look at how far they've come from Legacy OG.

stinkbud

First the dosing caps, which were all thankfully the right ones, and now the dimpled air tube. For an end game portable vape, my VAS has not abated at all. Tube and a dynavap fat mouthpiece on the way from vgoodiez

Headassvegan

Just here to chime in with my opinion on the capsules. Been using them for a couple weeks now. Performance is okay. I am needing to use much higher temps to achieve the same performance as before. They are also a bit smaller than I think is necessary.

Lastly, the threads are god awful. I can’t even wrap my head around why the team thought this was a good idea. Did any of them use the caps before finalizing the idea of such unnecessarily tiny threads? I think this might keep me from using them just because I hate how finicky they are.

Hopefully there are v2 capsules that will improve these things.

1.) increased capacity, maybe the lid could do without the indentation on the top and they’d still fit fine by removing the micro dosing disk.

2.) possibly made with mesh top/bottom to improve airflow and temp efficiency.

3.) FIX THE THREADS. Either remove them or make them larger to where it only takes a quarter/half turn to open. And if you’re going to add threads, put some indentations on the lid so we can grab onto it. I don’t want to have to use the stir tool to open a capsule. Or a screwdriver.

Though, even if they do make a v2, $30+shipping for less than a handful of disappointing caps has already rubbed me wrong so I’d have a hard time justifying trying again. But right now, I can’t recommend anybody to buy the current version.

RxPlorer

@Dr. G I ended up getting the Rubys. I read that the dimpled one didn't much for it and that the Ruby one was better.
Well I got both and they just arrived today. I'm feeling pretty decked out on the ALP front... just need a better bubble caddy...

So which one should I try first? I decided to reduce as many friction points as possible to increase airflow (no microdisc, no filters no mouthpiece) so I hope that leaves plenty of overhead for the rubies!

Spin0620

Well I got both and they just arrived today. I'm feeling pretty decked out on the ALP front... just need a better bubble caddy...

So which one should I try first? I decided to reduce as many friction points as possible to increase airflow (no microdisc, no filters no mouthpiece) so I hope that leaves plenty of overhead for the rubies!
Try the Rubys first and let me know what you think of it while I salivate waiting for mine 🤪

Backpack

I've had my dosing caps for a couple weeks. Definitely some issues but on the whole, they work well and I'm glad I have them. Many of the issues folks in this thread are complaining about are pretty easily addressed.

(Which is not to say Airvape shouldn't take the feedback and improve them. Mainly by using coarser threading. Also, I'm not talking about ones that are genuinely defective. Mine all open, so I apparently didn't get any that are defective.)

- Yes, they are difficult to open. But this need only be an issue once. After you open each one for the first time, you simply don't tighten the lid all the way. Just tighten them so that the threads are engaged enough that the lids don't fall off when you hold it upside down. Totally solves the issue of them being difficult to open (after that first time you open them, I mean.)

- Yes, the threads are too fine, making it somewhat difficult to get them lined up to close. A couple folks mentioned the trick of going backwards a bit until the threads engage, and I do the same—you'll hear and feel a little click, then you can easily go righty-tighty just enough so the cap stays on. Personally I'd prefer well executed threads to snap on. (To be clear I don't consider the current threads well executed, but they're workable.)

- Performance does suffer if you use them with the microdosing wheel. Also, haven't seen anybody else mention this, but with the wheel in place it gets sticky and has to be cleaned. Not as bad as without the capsules, but the whole point here is to be neater and require less cleaning. The easy fix for this: remove the wheel. Completely obviates the issue and has no downsides. With the wheel removed, it performs as well or better with the DCs than without.

- I haven't done any weighing, but the capacity does not seem to be much smaller than what you'd expect from dosing caps. Maybe 10%? (On reflection, perhaps this is partially due to the fact that I don't tighten the lids all the way...) With the microdosing wheel unscrewed about half way, the door becomes difficult to close, and when it is closed, there's a big gap between the door and the rest of the device on that end, so I find it hard to believe that it reduces capacity as much as having the wheel out at its furthest point.

- Holes in the solid top and bottom vs mesh is a non-issue. I notice no airflow reduction with the capsules vs without, as long as the wheel is removed. And the current design is much more robust than if it had mesh.

- The chintzy paper box they come in is chintzy and paper. Gary mentioned a few times that this was a small rush release for us (since we've been bitching about when they'll be released so much, I'd guess :) ). I'm hoping that the full release will come with a better case. It should. In the meantime I got a metal pill case tube at a pharmacy for a couple bucks. Perfect diameter, and has a rubber gasket on the lid so it seems to be smell proof. Holds five and I load the sixth one into the Pro.

- I do imagine they're very difficult to use for someone who has dexterity and/or vision issues. No current fix for that. Coarser threads would help to some degree.

Overall, I like 'em, and I find I'm reaching for my Legacy Pro more often than before I had them. My little workarounds work, but I'd like to see them improved so the workarounds aren't necessary.

Last edited:

felvapes

Mesh top and bottom make all the difference
I have used many dosing caps and know the different qualities

I use it on full temp (there's no where higher to go to get the same performance)
The vapour production is much much less with caps - until I drilled the bottom out of one and then it works almost as good as without the caps (this also proves my mesh concept)

The bowl is smaller and the sesh is shorter - bigger size would add to the vapour production

I already removed the disc on the door
If they made the lid higher to fit more weed in and accommodate the space after removing the door disc it would fix the issues

Mesh or bigger holes (cross hatch would work) top and bottom - particularly the floor
Taller lid to accommodate disc removal and more weed
Thicker threads or push pull lid.

This will make them great

felvapes,

Backpack

Mesh top and bottom make all the difference
I have used many dosing caps and know the different qualities

I use it on full temp (there's no where higher to go to get the same performance)
The vapour production is much much less with caps - until I drilled the bottom out of one and then it works almost as good as without the caps (this also proves my mesh concept)

The bowl is smaller and the sesh is shorter - bigger size would add to the vapour production

I guess all I can say is I've had a very different experience with them than you. For me, with my workarounds, performance is as good, maybe a little better (I assume because of a little more vapor production due to a little more conduction), so there's no need to raise the temp higher than usual.

felvapes

I guess all I can say is I've had a very different experience with them than you. For me, with my workarounds, performance is as good, maybe a little better (I assume because of a little more vapor production due to a little more conduction), so there's no need to raise the temp higher than usual.
This vape already tastes nice and produced little vapour at lower temps
I never vape at 464 in other vapes (it would combust)

I get a hit and nice taste with the caps
But not the vapour production I do without them
At the lower temps where I already experienced low cloud density with the ALP, I probably wouldn't see as much performance difference as I do

But I have to use it at full temp normally to get satisfactory clouds and hits/extraction
With the caps I get the extraction which is evident in the avb
But I dont get th vapour production - until I drilled the entire bottom out of one

Now it works well enough (although mesh in the top too would be better)
But the sesh is over too quickly as the bowl is smaller, a larger lid that fills the gap where the door disc is would accommodate the extra weed and also help with cloud density

The side walls have been well designed, the closer to the oven side walls the better

MrBaked.co

Just here to chime in with my opinion on the capsules. Been using them for a couple weeks now. Performance is okay. I am needing to use much higher temps to achieve the same performance as before. They are also a bit smaller than I think is necessary.

Lastly, the threads are god awful. I can’t even wrap my head around why the team thought this was a good idea. Did any of them use the caps before finalizing the idea of such unnecessarily tiny threads? I think this might keep me from using them just because I hate how finicky they are.

Hopefully there are v2 capsules that will improve these things.

1.) increased capacity, maybe the lid could do without the indentation on the top and they’d still fit fine by removing the micro dosing disk.

2.) possibly made with mesh top/bottom to improve airflow and temp efficiency.

3.) FIX THE THREADS. Either remove them or make them larger to where it only takes a quarter/half turn to open. And if you’re going to add threads, put some indentations on the lid so we can grab onto it. I don’t want to have to use the stir tool to open a capsule. Or a screwdriver.

Though, even if they do make a v2, $30+shipping for less than a handful of disappointing caps has already rubbed me wrong so I’d have a hard time justifying trying again. But right now, I can’t recommend anybody to buy the current version.
I'm personally happy with everything except the threads and the shape on the bottom as they keep popping out my fingers, although that second one can't be helped due to the shape of the actual bowl.

I get a good even roast at about 10c higher temperature and the size is perfection for me. About bang on the level I wanted it. I seem to be one of the only ones that is happy about that..

The threads though. Thats almost inexcusable. 🤣 Nobody used them before punting them out for sale. They couldn't have.

There was plenty evidence to suggest threads was a bad idea given every other capsule for every vape is push fit. 🤷‍♂️

And if they mentioned threads here not a single person would have said 'that sounds like a good idea'.

It was that easy..

bobothevaper

Threads are not my fave. Best caps I’ve had were click on/off. Like the budkups which look almost impossible to destroy. Or the ones from v3 pro. Easy to open and close.

Last edited:
bobothevaper,

Sue Narmy

With the shape of the bowl AV are limited to the design of the capsules but as the AVB is evenly toasted shows they’re doing the job so that shows they have got the design right.
I haven’t used the vaporizer without the capsules so I can’t compare but as I’m getting good taste and good vapour I’m really happy.

Yes the disc does get sticky but a quick wipe with a ISO wipe solves that problem.

I'm personally happy with everything except the threads and the shape on the bottom as they keep popping out my fingers, although that second one can't be helped due to the shape of the actual bowl.

I get a good even roast at about 10c higher temperature and the size is perfection for me. About bang on the level I wanted it. I seem to be one of the only ones that is happy about that..

The threads though. Thats almost inexcusable. 🤣 Nobody used them before punting them out for sale. They couldn't have.

There was plenty evidence to suggest threads was a bad idea given every other capsule for every vape is push fit. 🤷‍♂️

And if they mentioned threads here not a single person would have said 'that sounds like a good idea'.

It was that easy..

I don’t agree with you as I prefer threaded capsules.
I’ve been using the DaVinci SS capsules and the Angus ones without any problems.

Top Bottom