AirVape Legacy Pro

MagnumMafia05

Update on the capsules. Think 2 had some burrs but since I cleaned them they now work fine.

They cool off Pretty quick! I have a x.xx scale and I have been able to filled max to 1.5g. I find my sessions are shorter and the avb is always perfectly roasted no hot spots..

They (caps) literally are clean after dumping.

All in all my only complaint right now is the price as I want another set for my cbd flower but I'll just use 2 caps for my cbd and find a smaller container for them to label them.

Last edited:
MagnumMafia05,
Reactions: Kaaotic

SkyBucket

bowl to small and it takes me about 15 min to do one cap and only get about 3 or 4 hits per cap and must use 464f in 3 min session to get what i want. no way to carry extra caps without weed in caps drys out. need a sealed carry unit.
I’m surprised by that. My sessions are shorter and cooking a little darker. I’ve tried session mode more with the caps. I tried temp stepping but I’ve just been setting at 383 I start hitting right at the buzz and it cooks evenly in maybe 3-4 good hits. I do sort of wish I had a little more bowl capacity. I find myself wanting to do 2 caps back to back instead of just one decent load.

I sure wish these fit in the S&B cap tubes but they’re just a bit too wide. I do agree I need some sort of storage if I want to pre-load a bunch of these.

Okla68

I’m surprised by that. My sessions are shorter and cooking a little darker. I’ve tried session mode more with the caps. I tried temp stepping but I’ve just been setting at 383 I start hitting right at the buzz and it cooks evenly in maybe 3-4 good hits. I do sort of wish I had a little more bowl capacity. I find myself wanting to do 2 caps back to back instead of just one decent load.

I sure wish these fit in the S&B cap tubes but they’re just a bit too wide. I do agree I need some sort of storage if I want to pre-load a bunch of these.
I would think a "Tube" would be inconvenient...having to dump them all out to find a full one. A Holder such as the MV1 Holder(individual selection) only Air Tight would be much better, IMO !

Sue Narmy

It’s quite disheartening hearing people complaining about the capsules.

I can’t comment as I haven’t got them yet.

The tracking says ‘Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on January 1, 2023 at 6:58 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination’.

Either the tracking is not working or my package has been lost as the map tracking has shown no movement since the 1st.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

The reduced bowl capacity is a dealbreaker for me. I don't understand why there's room for the microdosing wheel to fit on top of the DCs. Why not specify that when using the caps, the wheel is redundant so remove the wheel and make the caps taller?

Question for Gary the Airvape rep I suppose - do you have answers for the questions above?

TheK

Update on the capsules. Think 2 had some burrs but since I cleaned them they now work fine.

They cool off Pretty quick! I have a x.xx scale and I have been able to filled max to 1.5g. I find my sessions are shorter and the avb is always perfectly roasted no hot spots..

They (caps) literally are clean after dumping.

All in all my only complaint right now is the price as I want another set for my cbd flower but I'll just use 2 caps for my cbd and find a smaller container for them to label them.
I burned myself earlier by mistake. :')

TheK,

vandalizedbythelotus

The reduced bowl capacity is a dealbreaker for me. I don't understand why there's room for the microdosing wheel to fit on top of the DCs. Why not specify that when using the caps, the wheel is redundant so remove the wheel and make the caps taller?

Question for Gary the Airvape rep I suppose - do you have answers for the questions above?
but the wheel is in the lid and even fully extended it really doesn't reduce that much. i mean, i think that volume being outside the oven, or at the outer edge, can never reach proper cooking temps. it wouldn't collect so much reclaim if it did. i suppose they wanted to avoid stirring.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: Backpack

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
but the wheel is in the lid and even fully extended it really doesn't reduce that much. i mean, i think that volume being outside the oven, or at the outer edge, can never reach proper cooking temps. it wouldn't collect so much reclaim if it did. i suppose they wanted to avoid stirring.

Hmmm not so sure about the top edge of the oven being ineffective for cooking. The capsules have a covered top that I'm sure will get plenty hot through conduction having contact with the heater on all other sides.

I don't know because I don't have the tools to measure the difference in bowl volume with the wheel fully extended but I imagine why even have it if it doesn't reduce the volume significantly? It must make an appreciable difference otherwise why call it a microdosing wheel? If the caps do indeed fit even with the wheel fully extended then their volume should be significantly smaller than a bowl with the wheel removed.

I think I've seen estimates here of the DCs anywhere from 0.1 to 0.15g. I think the bowl capacity with no wheel is anywhere from 0.25 to 0.3g. I've seen some postings of people saying they want to vape capsules back-to-back whereas with no capsules one bowl used to be enough. I don't know. I badly want to like the capsules but I'm not convinced enough to pull the trigger yet when I feel an improved capsule design wouldn't reduce the bowl so much.

Maybe the easiest way to know would be to empty a filled capsule into a naked bowl and see how full it looks?

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,

Sprocket

Hmmm not so sure about the top edge of the oven being ineffective for cooking. The capsules have a covered top that I'm sure will get plenty hot through conduction having contact with the heater on all other sides.

I don't know because I don't have the tools to measure the difference in bowl volume with the wheel fully extended but I imagine why even have it if it doesn't reduce the volume significantly? It must make an appreciable difference otherwise why call it a microdosing wheel? If the caps do indeed fit even with the wheel fully extended then their volume should be significantly smaller than a bowl with the wheel removed.

I think I've seen estimates here of the DCs anywhere from 0.1 to 0.15g. I think the bowl capacity with no wheel is anywhere from 0.25 to 0.3g. I've seen some postings of people saying they want to vape capsules back-to-back whereas with no capsules one bowl used to be enough. I don't know. I badly want to like the capsules but I'm not convinced enough to pull the trigger yet when I feel an improved capsule design wouldn't reduce the bowl so much.

Maybe the easiest way to know would be to empty a filled capsule into a naked bowl and see how full it looks?

I wonder if removing the top of the dosing cap before dropping it into the oven would allow it to be topped off with flower, restoring capacity and allowing the microdosing wheel to be kept in place…?

It‘d be a little messier than a completely covered cap but maybe a decent compromise at night when I’m at home and want to feel just a little more medicated.

I just ordered mine today so I’ll have to wait to test it out. I was a little nervous after reading some of these posts about caps not opening and such, but fingers crossed they’ve gotten a better batch 🤞🏼

RxPlorer

Definitely need a sealed carry case that stores the capsules in a flat position.

I'd really like a half size case to hold caps in a row of 3 to fit in my current ALP carry case.

These caps are Fantastic for kief / loose hash! Small layer of flower on the bottom, a thick layer of loose kief, and a top it with a screen. On demand clouds for days and no cleanup at all. This is quickly becoming my best on-the-go device. I just need a better air bubble case!

vandalizedbythelotus

I wonder if removing the top of the dosing cap before dropping it into the oven would allow it to be topped off with flower, restoring capacity and allowing the microdosing wheel to be kept in place…?

It‘d be a little messier than a completely covered cap but maybe a decent compromise at night when I’m at home and want to feel just a little more medicated.

I just ordered mine today so I’ll have to wait to test it out. I was a little nervous after reading some of these posts about caps not opening and such, but fingers crossed they’ve gotten a better batch 🤞🏼
at that point why not just load a regular bowl, the entire reason for capsules is they close and prevent herbs from messing the device.

@TigoleBitties
I don't know because I don't have the tools to measure the difference in bowl volume with the wheel fully extended but I imagine why even have it if it doesn't reduce the volume significantly? It must make an appreciable difference otherwise why call it a microdosing wheel?
i don't know, why have a huge metal cover only 10% of is actually useful? why have a removable glass pathway when it's not entirely removable? i'm telling you, look closer, the microdosing wheel doesn't actually reduce that much capacity.

Last edited:

SpreesTrip6

I would think a "Tube" would be inconvenient...having to dump them all out to find a full one. A Holder such as the MV1 Holder(individual selection) only Air Tight would be much better, IMO !
I bought 2 little Keychain pill containers from Walgreens for 5 bucks a piece and they work perfectly. One for loaded/fresh caps, one for spent caps. They are metal and have a rubber gasket, so not smelly at all.

Very simple and cheap solution.

Kaaotic

I bought 2 little Keychain pill containers from Walgreens for 5 bucks a piece and they work perfectly. One for loaded/fresh caps, one for spent caps. They are metal and have a rubber gasket, so not smelly at all.

Very simple and cheap solution.
I did the same except I got a 2 pack from Amazon for $12. Still waiting for my DC's to be delivered but the pill containers will be perfect. One holder for ready to vape and the other for spent capsules :)

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am sure that Airvape sold hundreds of these and not ALL of them are a fiasco. The 12 I bought are perfect. I use my fingers and if the thread gets a little jammed I use the tool but, not the bent part...like in the video I saw.

There are pods not able to open...same thing happened to me when I bought the pop pods from S&B that were useless...some companies would not even consider taking these back and giving new ones.

I am impressed that they care so much to do the right thing for the customers having trouble...thanks Gary and Airvape...really is nice of you guys. It is nice to know...

bobothevaper

I am sure that Airvape sold hundreds of these and not ALL of them are a fiasco. The 12 I bought are perfect. I use my fingers and if the thread gets a little jammed I use the tool but, not the bent part...like in the video I saw.

There are pods not able to open...same thing happened to me when I bought the pop pods from S&B that were useless...some companies would not even consider taking these back and giving new ones.

I am impressed that they care so much to do the right thing for the customers having trouble...thanks Gary and Airvape...really is nice of you guys. It is nice to know...
Fixing issues like caps being DOA is the least you can expect. It’s the bare minimum you have to do if you want to have a business. It’s not impressive to do the bare minimum.

According to this thread multiple people have issues. If they had better quality control then this wouldn’t have happened. Now I’m not knocking airvape. I don’t know how their workflow goes, where the fault lies and I haven’t regretted my purchase. But saying it’s impressive is kindda pushing it.

It’s poor QC or if you want to be really nice then call it bad luck. But replacing caps that can’t open before it was ever used is not my definition of impressive. Hopefully V2 will fare better or they put more effort in QC.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
at that point why not just load a regular bowl, the entire reason for capsules is they close and prevent herbs from messing the device.

@TigoleBitties

i don't know, why have a huge metal cover only 10% of is actually useful? why have a removable glass pathway when it's not entirely removable? i'm telling you, look closer, the microdosing wheel doesn't actually reduce that much capacity.
I think the space for the wheel is possibly the problem but even if that's not the case, there's evidence from users in this thread that the DC capacity seems noticeably smaller than a regular bowl. A simple test would be to dump out a capsule in a bare bowl and see. I realize DCs generally will reduce capacity but roughly 50% seems a bit egregious. There's some waste somewhere and I don't understand why.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: seedy53

Stoneager

In the Shadows
My 2 cents (probably worth only 1 cent) on the capsules...:)what I like is that they keep the oven and surrounding area tidy and much cleaner than without the caps and that they are very pUrdy. I am satisfied with the volume of herb they hold, contrary to what others have shared. Close to the Mighty caps which I use a lot. :huh:What I don't like is what several others have stated...the threading sucks big time. I don't want to spend 5 minutes, plus or minus, per capsule. Frustration when the cap slips out of my hand, etc.
A quarter or half turn would be great, or simply the tried and true "snap cap" for us that are having dexterity or vision that's less than it was a bunch of years ago.
I'll chime back in in another year or two. Blessings!

newola

Does anyone else from the UK want to go halves on a pack of these? I can't justify spending over £40 on a set with postage. I see someone else did something similar recently.

I'm keen to try them, so if anyone wants to go halves please pm me.

Top Bottom