AirVape Legacy Pro

4-Aces King-High

IMO the threads on the DCs are fiddly and once you get past the learning-curve with them they ARE AGame-Changer.
I struggled at first and Am a Pro now/unscEwing-Screwing-Filling DCs.
Small Things equal Small troubles

IMO the threads on the DCs are fiddly and once you get past the learning-curve with them they ARE AGame-Changer.
I felt that way day one using them, and am still going to make the best of using them. A portable herb vape without dosing caps is even more of an inconvenience IMO. That said, the more I use the two I've been using, the more they are being a pain to remove the cap after use for refill.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Did some of you get a funky batch? I am not having any of those issues at all! Lucky me I suppose. The threads are fine. The capacity is fine...I got six of them. I need more...pop another in. ? It is nice and clean after each session. Mine are sturdy. Lids come off nice and easy...threads are perfect on all of mine. My experience with them so far is ace...I think they are super nice as is. Go figure.

Did some of you get a funky batch? I am not having any of those issues at all! Lucky me I suppose. The threads are fine. The capacity is fine...I got six of them. I need more...pop another in. ? It is nice and clean after each session. Mine are sturdy. Lids come off nice and easy...threads are perfect on all of mine. My experience with them so far is ace...I think they are super nice as is. Go figure.
I'll try to use my other four caps a bit. I generally only use two caps at a time as even doing half CBD I get to a pretty great place from 1 session. Glad some are having no issue.

seedy53

A instructional video of proper method DCs from start to finish would be a great help.

Took me about 10 mins to get them all open. Two opened fairly easily and three opened with basically tearing into my fingers with the Legacy Pro tool. This last one will not open and as you can see is now damaged and likely not openable.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Took me about 10 mins to get them all open. Two opened fairly easily and three opened with basically tearing into my fingers with the Legacy Pro tool. This last one will not open and as you can see is now damaged and likely not openable.

Well...there is definitely a problem with some batches...wow, sorry you are going through that. I wish I could have made a video when I unboxed mine. Some of the actual capsules were already unscrewed a bit. Some were sealed all the way...but, all of mine opened easily. Some people complained that they were flimsy but, mine actually are pretty rugged solid. Perhaps there really was a bad batch...there really is a problem with some deliveries. I am sure that something can be done about it.

Spin0620

Well...there is definitely a problem with some batches...wow, sorry you are going through that. I wish I could have made a video when I unboxed mine. Some of the actual capsules were already unscrewed a bit. Some were sealed all the way...but, all of mine opened easily. Some people complained that they were flimsy but, mine actually are pretty rugged solid. Perhaps there really was a bad batch...there really is a problem with some deliveries. I am sure that something can be done about it.
Your lucky. 2 of mine will not open. And one of them the slot on top turned into a round hole 🙄

RxPlorer

I totally agree!

It's like too much effort was put into aesthetics and fancying it up, that they lost sight of functionality.

Simple pop on caps would've been so much better. Sometimes less is more.
I'm guessing the gold plating was a factor in deciding not to use friction fitting.

The threads don't have to be as bad as they are. It should have been done as a much thicker thread, quarter turn or half turn at the very most.

Okla68

Well, the Golden Jewels finally arrived in Weedahoma. Beautiful...1st one opened tight, but worked. Rethreading reminds me of doing the same to Wristwatch backs(I worked as a Master Jewelers apprentice part time years ago). Precision fit, yes...practical in this situation, Absolutely NOT.
Loaded one with fresh grown Moby Dick, set ALP for session at 420F(my usual).
It vaped well, seemed quicker to finish than normal, but, ABV was perfectly toasted. Ive opened and used 2 so far. Im actually too toasted to judge at this point.

The idea is great, funtions good as far as Vaping is concerned, but, the Ergonomics Pull a Vacuum! No chance in hell could anyone with Any Dexterity problems use these in current form, IMO !! The Precision threads are kool, but....keyword BUT A PITA !!
If you are a tinker or ritualistic type, then they may be the cats meow

TheK

As per Canada Post I get it on Thursday. Will also post reviews.

TheK,
Reactions: Dr. G

Okla68

For me, this was another attack of VAS !!
I spend 95% if my waking moments at home....cant remember the last time I left the house carrying..ah yes, spent an hour plus in the car waiting on the wife at a Dr. appt.
Again, they are very pretty and the concept is kool. Makes cleanup a breeze...but, I needed these like I need the 450+ rounds of .45 I acquired after purchasing a Glock. Itll take some time to determine which is the PITA, filling and screwing lids or cleaning reclaim residue.

I guess I have been Blessed with Airvape dealing again...Ive used 4 and have easily opened and closed all 6 without difficulty. The old turn or so Counter clockwise sorta lines up the threads for the proper clockwise rethreading. Smooth n Easy. As far as difficulty opening, seems if you keep the supplied tool flat against the surface of the cap it seems to even the pressure being exerted in the counterclockwise direction. Works for me, maybe I'm just Lucky as far as Airvape is concerned !

Last edited:
Okla68,
Reactions: someTooL

seedy53

what advantage is it to put threads on alp's dosing caps?
got mine 2 hours ago. small slippery bottom, hard to hold and finger open.
too early to judge.

StringTheorista

I was able to get all 6 capsules open, though 2 were quite tightly closed. i agree that they are a bit challenging to manipulate. Here’s a tiny technique hack I discovered for screwing the lid on and off: insert the 90 degree bent end of the tool into the slot, then choke down with your fingers on the tool until they’re resting firmly on the top of the lid. This braces the bend of the tool into the slot and turns tool + lid into a unit, which can then be manipulated more easily. I was struggling with affixing the lids until I tried it this way.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Happy new year!

Please get in touch with CS if you find a faulty capsule in the batch. You know we will change, fix, and replace. Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for the inconvenience.

We are also shocked to order a simple thing from a factory and get such mistakes with the first batch... well it seems we need to improve on quality control. ;)

And as for the tutorial videos: we will create some soon!

Best,
G

Dr. G

Old Resident
Happy new year!

Please get in touch with CS if you find a faulty capsule in the batch. You know we will change, fix, and replace. Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for the inconvenience.

We are also shocked to order a simple thing from a factory and get such mistakes with the first batch... well it seems we need to improve on quality control. ;)

And as for the tutorial videos: we will create some soon!

Best,
G
Dearest Gary...you just rock. Thank you for taking care of your customers. I am not having any problems with mine but, so very nice to see you giving your customers such amazing attention and service. You win an award truly. In the past, when I did have a problem you solved it immediately. I sincerely APPRECIATE you and this company for giving a shit. Thank you.

seedy53

I've opened and used 2 DCs. i used an old metal nail file bent the tip and now it works like the original Alp tool.
Threaded caps working good so far.
The DC work great but you lose a lot of space volume for herb.
Less by 1/3 oven size.
That's what i think.
2 out of 6 are good, i'll let you know about the other 4 when i get more time.
Be sure to wash in iso, rinse in soapy water, then rinse, dry it, then ready to vap.

Top Bottom