AirVape Legacy Pro

seedy53

IMO the threads on the DCs are fiddly and once you get past the learning-curve with them they ARE AGame-Changer.
I struggled at first and Am a Pro now/unscEwing-Screwing-Filling DCs.
Small Things equal Small troubles
both sides of dc lids are threaded but only one side threads easily. try not to mix tops and bottoms it might cause an issue. hmm, i don't know, but that's how i see it, lol

I don’t even use the tool to open or close the ALP DCs since the first use of the 6
Im just that good using thumb an index finger of each hand.lol
I had two that opened that easily. The rest took the tool to get open. Two got damaged a bit (one a bit more than the other). The one damaged more severely won't open at all.

noceb0,

MedMJ22

The capsule is 16mm (0.62 inches). I found a couple travel pill capsules that fit but one is a little loose.
Thanks you! Large doobtubes are .65”, but I’d prefer metal over plastic or something that is better with high heat. I’m sure there’s a solution out there, I’ll look.

Kaaotic

After spending close to $75 Canadian with shipping I REALLY hope that my DC's work well. As of Dec 30th, my package cleared customs. Hopefully it won't be much longer before they get to me.

Kaaotic,
Reactions: noceb0

Deano

The price is steep too for something so chintzy.

You can get 40 dosing capsules for the mighty for $14 and they actually work.

Okla68

In contrast, I dont thi k they are "chintzy" at all. Theyre jewel like ,but, Overly Engineered for this application. The Micro Treads are too much, way too Detailed. Rather than 5-6 turns to open/close, like some Grinders use a 1/2 to 1 turn to open close !
Personally, I think they are kool...pretty to look at, feels like you are working with a Fine Instrument and they function very good. I actually think the device works Better using them in Session mode, not so well in OD mode for some reason(may need to Up my temp for OD use). And the Cleanup is basically nonexistent in comparison.
I wondered about the shape(bend in the end) of the tool. Fitting into the DC...was it initially designed for use with DC ? WHICH came 1st, the Bent Tool or the Slot in the DC top ? Awfully convenient as a Afterthought !
All 6 of mine open and close just fine. Have used all 6 with great results. But, IMO it is a Definite Prepare at Home device. Not very In The Field applicable.

OyVape

Yes @seedy53 , I noticed that too, about both sides of the lids being threaded. WTF is the sense in that? Just in case the whole process of using these needed to be a little more difficult.

Maybe the factory threaded one Side and fucked it up so they thought nobody would notice if they just turned it over.

Maybe this would be a good project for @Delta3DStudios?

Last edited:
OyVape,
Reactions: seedy53

Complexity

I tried the DCs without the top disk(even though it looks like they were designed to have it on) like some have suggested and let me tell you, it is night and day.

Less restricted, much more vapor and flavor being distributed. Actually feels closer to ALPro performance via session mode. Have yet to try on demand. Edit: I was able to go back down in temperature 342F from 352-362F removing the disk.

The unit most definitely is a lot cleaner after multiple sessions. We still have your usual resin build up and some small escapees from the ground up flower but nothing like having to dump out and brush off particles of flower each and every time.
When I had the disk on, occasionally the DCs would get stuck to it or the DCs would fall out when opening the door before cleaning my unit.

As Okla68 has stated, this DC experience is most definitely a pack at home ordeal.
Tried to pack a DC on the go in the car, the threading is waaayyyy too finicky and they are pretty slippery.

I've found it easier to thread them with my fingers vs the packing tool and closing them just enough to keep closed and never tighten them all the way.

They are hard to open only if the threading was not 100% exact, just a PITA but they are working as intended and still thankful to have them for on the go.

I did find my old MV1 capsule case and while it does not close all the way, it's doing the job well as a repurpose for these DCs while I await for the Airvape version.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

hopefully, and something less recessed too so you can use a lot more in each, without the microdosing disk
fact is the oven doesn't cook perfectly even, as is the case with convection slanted heaters, with the top part clearly showing lighter ABV. recessing the load basically ensures no stirring required, even cooking. with a smaller bowl you still get the same effects and amount of vapor, just the session can be shorter.

Deano

I removed the microdosing disc while using a capsule and the difference in vapor production and flavor is tremendous. Very surprised how much more vapor was produced starting at 360*.

Got the disc soaking in ISO now then putting it away. No need for it.

I didn't notice a significant difference between having the micro dosing disc in, or out. I'll have to try it back to back. I do wish the caps were designed for having the disc removed though, could have had a little bit taller dosing capsules.

One bonus I noticed with leaving the micro dosing disc in though is if I let it cool a few mins after use, the remaining oils stick the dosing cap to the micro dosing disc and lift it out like it does with just flower after cooling.

Looper714

Well...there is definitely a problem with some batches...wow, sorry you are going through that. I wish I could have made a video when I unboxed mine. Some of the actual capsules were already unscrewed a bit. Some were sealed all the way...but, all of mine opened easily. Some people complained that they were flimsy but, mine actually are pretty rugged solid. Perhaps there really was a bad batch...there really is a problem with some deliveries. I am sure that something can be done about it.
Contacted Bernadette at AirVape regarding not being able to open 4 of my caps as well as a suggestion for a snap cap and here's her response:
Thank you so much for the feedback, Pat! I'll be sure to share this with our Product Development team so that they can put them into consideration when planning improvements on the dosing caps.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still unable to open the other 4 capsules. We would love to make this right for you! If it's not too much trouble, kindly send us a video that showcases this particular issue. Once we receive the video, I'll have one of our authorized examiners review it so they can provide us with the best solution that would help resolve this issue.

So I sent a video, stay tuned.

Adobewan

Contacted Bernadette at AirVape regarding not being able to open 4 of my caps as well as a suggestion for a snap cap and here's her response:
Thank you so much for the feedback, Pat! I'll be sure to share this with our Product Development team so that they can put them into consideration when planning improvements on the dosing caps.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still unable to open the other 4 capsules. We would love to make this right for you! If it's not too much trouble, kindly send us a video that showcases this particular issue. Once we receive the video, I'll have one of our authorized examiners review it so they can provide us with the best solution that would help resolve this issue.

Just a quick thought on the "best solution" before I run it through "my" Product Development team.
Replace the caps.
Happy New Year!

Puddentain

All six of mine open fairly easily. Had to use the ALP tool to get one started. Just make sure that you're not "holding" the two pieces together with your fingers when you start unscrewing the lid. I have found that backing off a slight bit does make rethreading the lid back on much easier, as some here have previously posted.

seedy53

can we see your dc video plse

seedy53,

StringTheorista

I think S&B considers their caps disposables (tho many/most folks reuse them). also they’re thin aluminum. Not sure it’s totally fair to compare them, price-wise. Now function-wise…

I’m getting along ok with the air bubbles. I would like to see you be able to buy them by the piece (probably too impractical for fulfillment purposes) or in pairs. Then someone who needs 2, like me, wouldn’t have to buy 6, and someone who needs 8 wouldn’t have to buy a dozen

ld

All six of mine open fairly easily. Had to use the ALP tool to get one started. Just make sure that you're not "holding" the two pieces together with your fingers when you start unscrewing the lid. I have found that backing off a slight bit does make rethreading the lid back on much easier, as some here have previously posted.
I’ve been waiting and reading patiently for my delivery tomorrow, I will certainly leave the wheel removed like I do now with the screen hack. Should I replace the side screen with gasket once I get them or will it still be better to leave it out? If the capsules keep it very clean, I may put it back just for looks.

Happy New Year to all.

ld,
Top Bottom