AirVape Legacy Pro

Sue Narmy

The price is steep too for something so chintzy.

You can get 40 dosing capsules for the mighty for $14 and they actually work.

S&B capsules are aluminium and they are disposable that’s why you get 40

Sue Narmy,

OyVape

Well, of course, the capsules create more vapor. They would increase the conduction heat by another layer. Plus, using it in session mode is also largely conduction, compared to the amount of convection in on demand mode.

I haven’t actually tried mine yet. After struggling to get one cap open, I put it back, thinking to ask for a refund. Hell, it was a struggle just to pick one up! So tiny and slippery they would end up under the couch. These things are not made for older people, or anyone with hand or eye issues. which would include me.

I may end up keeping them as I’m having surgery in a month and hubby said he would pre-pack them for me while I am recovering. If he can pick them up….

OyVape,

Okla68

Well, of course, the capsules create more vapor. They would increase the conduction heat by another layer. Plus, using it in session mode is also largely conduction, compared to the amount of convection in on demand mode.

I haven’t actually tried mine yet. After struggling to get one cap open, I put it back, thinking to ask for a refund. Hell, it was a struggle just to pick one up! So tiny and slippery they would end up under the couch. These things are not made for older people, or anyone with hand or eye issues. which would include me.

I may end up keeping them as I’m having surgery in a month and hubby said he would pre-pack them for me while I am recovering. If he can pick them up….
Im 74 next month and yes they require some fine dexterity. My wife who struggles with tremors would find it Impossible to do.
That being said...I Like them.
And Oyvape, yes, they Do Increase the Conduction effect !

Hmm, I left a review for the dosing capsules on the Airvape website yesterday and appears to have been removed today. I felt I was fair and even listed the positives.

I'm not entirely surprised, as it happens, but still find that a bit disconcerting that a company can find time to remove a fair review but not respond to my email in that same timeframe.

subourbonite

Hmm, I left a review for the dosing capsules on the Airvape website yesterday and appears to have been removed today. I felt I was fair and even listed the positives.

I'm not entirely surprised, as it happens, but still find that a bit disconcerting that a company can find time to remove a fair review but not respond to my email in that same timeframe.
That’s really disappointing to hear. Makes me re-think doing business with them again in the future.

Spin0620

Got a response back from Bernadette from Air vape. Here is the email
Hi Christopher,

Thank you for raising this to our attention and we are sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware that there were some capsules in the batch that are difficult to open since the capsule itself is thin and the thread is also thin. I will make sure to send your feedback to our engineering team so we can look into making improvements on the capsules.

Warmest Regards,
Bernadette and The AirVape Team
Los Angeles, CA 90034
AirVapeUSA.com

Spin0620,
Reactions: noceb0

Spin0620

Hi ,

Capsules will be replaced; we just need to send some videos to the manufacturer!

Also, I will personally take a look at the review as we don't remove those!

Thanks a few suggestions come in, and we will work on making every customer happy!

Best,
They didn't ask me for video 🤷

Spin0620,
Hi ,

Capsules will be replaced; we just need to send some videos to the manufacturer!

Thanks a few suggestions come in, and we will work on making every customer happy!

Best,
Thank you.

noceb0,

ld

Hi ,

Best,
I’m praying mine will be fine (arriving tomorrow) but good to know that you are on top of it. My history with customer service has been outstanding.

Okla68

All 6 of mine are also fine, Ive used each one twice. Even doing a Flower Rosin sandwich which worked fantastic.
IMO, the ALP is All that the MV1 GHOST Wanted to be and MORE !! A High Tech, High Functioning, Top of the Heap, Portable Vaporizer. Unless you are a veteran Vape user, I dont think most appreciate just how Kool this device is. Not Only does it function outstanding, it is also extremely Handsome in its design.
Ive owned 7 Airvape units, 4 XS(I broke 2, one battery wouldn't hold a charge in one, the 4th I still use. An XS GO which I gave to my daughter, an OG Legacy(back in its box) and now the PRO. Only the XS GO did I find Lacking!
DOUBLE KUDO'S to the Airvape design group !

Complexity

All 6 of mine are also fine, Ive used each one twice. Even doing a Flower Rosin sandwich which worked fantastic.
IMO, the ALP is All that the MV1 GHOST Wanted to be and MORE !! A High Tech, High Functioning, Top of the Heap, Portable Vaporizer. Unless you are a veteran Vape user, I dont think most appreciate just how Kool this device is. Not Only does it function outstanding, it is also extremely Handsome in its design.
Ive owned 7 Airvape units, 4 XS(I broke 2, one battery wouldn't hold a charge in one, the 4th I still use. An XS GO which I gave to my daughter, an OG Legacy(back in its box) and now the PRO. Only the XS GO did I find Lacking!
DOUBLE KUDO'S to the Airvape design group !
I agree about the Ghost MV1. That was my very first vape and it was such a struggle to get it to work properly half the time.
It would have that burnt taste like the OG Legacy.
With the Legacy Pro I still have yet to encounter a session where it tastes burnt and the material is still green.

Only thing I miss about the MV1 is that you could change out the capsules on it almost like a revolver or something. lol

One thing Ghost and Airvape had in common is the excellent customer service and a rep that's active on the forms trying to make things right for the customers.
I'm actually using the OG Legacy as a battery charger, switching out the Pro battery with the OG. Why didn't I think about this before? Instead of collecting dust this whole time.

Okla68

When not in use or between uses my ALPro rests on one of 2 Wireless chargers I have.(I hate cable chargers and their ports. Ruined 2 Airvape XS vapes that way!)

Okla68,

Okla68

I think S&B considers their caps disposables (tho many/most folks reuse them). also they’re thin aluminum. Not sure it’s totally fair to compare them, price-wise. Now function-wise…

I’m getting along ok with the air bubbles. I would like to see you be able to buy them by the piece (probably too impractical for fulfillment purposes) or in pairs. Then someone who needs 2, like me, wouldn’t have to buy 6, and someone who needs 8 wouldn’t have to buy a dozen
With the things you hear about associating Aluminium and Alzheimers would give me pause in using the S&B capsules !

Okla68,

Okla68

I tried the DCs without the top disk(even though it looks like they were designed to have it on) like some have suggested and let me tell you, it is night and day.

Less restricted, much more vapor and flavor being distributed. Actually feels closer to ALPro performance via session mode. Have yet to try on demand. Edit: I was able to go back down in temperature 342F from 352-362F removing the disk.

The unit most definitely is a lot cleaner after multiple sessions. We still have your usual resin build up and some small escapees from the ground up flower but nothing like having to dump out and brush off particles of flower each and every time.
When I had the disk on, occasionally the DCs would get stuck to it or the DCs would fall out when opening the door before cleaning my unit.

As Okla68 has stated, this DC experience is most definitely a pack at home ordeal.
Tried to pack a DC on the go in the car, the threading is waaayyyy too finicky and they are pretty slippery.

I've found it easier to thread them with my fingers vs the packing tool and closing them just enough to keep closed and never tighten them all the way.

They are hard to open only if the threading was not 100% exact, just a PITA but they are working as intended and still thankful to have them for on the go.

I did find my old MV1 capsule case and while it does not close all the way, it's doing the job well as a repurpose for these DCs while I await for the Airvape version.
Hopefully, the Airvape team takes some hints from the MV1 Capsule Case when designing theirs. Where you can choose which capsule you want to use individually as opposed to having them all in a Tube where you have to mix Used and Unused on top of each other.
Being SmellProof would Also be a consideration ! It seems ABV Stinks much worse than fresh Flower creating a definite Need for a Smellproof capsule caddy !

Last edited:

SkyBucket

After a long excruciating wait. I got my capsules and did one test run. Ran on demand mode at 363 and 383. The first hit at 363 had great flavor but lacked vapor. (Might have been my draw). Second and third at 383 were great. Nice dark even AVB.

2 opened easily first try with my fingers. 1 opened first try but took just a bit of convincing. 2 took several back and forth and finally pushed through the rough spots. 1 was downright seized up. But I used the opening tool and worked at it and it opened. I’m nervous to try that one again….

I tried without the microdosing disc and the cap does rattle. I’ll try with the disc in next and see if there’s a difference in performance.

Overall, I’m really pleased. Will experiment more soon.

SkyBucket,
Reactions: Kaaotic

ppatrick

How is everyone running these dosing capsule... with or without micro dose disk and or small oval screen which I previously removed

ppatrick,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am running mine as is and performing excellently. My capsules are ace...I made a video but, it did not upload. I left the disk in...these capsules are really superb. I open my ALP now and its nice and clean! Easy to load...capsules are working fine after a week. Thumbs up for me. Enjoy everyone.

SkyBucket

How is everyone running these dosing capsule... with or without micro dose disk and or small oval screen which I previously removed
The rubber around my oval screen ripped. So I lost the whole thing. I’m not buying a new one. I’ve been doing the round screen hack but I’m thinking I’ll exclusively use the capsules now.

Gary - make the lids top and bottom more obvious. A mark? A logo? Something? I have to squint and look every time to see if they’re upside down or just not catching the threads.

SkyBucket,
Reactions: jpd716

ppatrick

I am running mine as is and performing excellently. My capsules are ace...I made a video but, it did not upload. I left the disk in...these capsules are really superb. I open my ALP now and its nice and clean! Easy to load...capsules are working fine after a week. Thumbs up for me. Enjoy everyone.
You leaving small oval screen In as well

ppatrick,
Reactions: Dr. G
Top Bottom