AirVape Legacy Pro

Spin0620

I received my capsules today. 2 out of the 6 won't open. Tried heating in the unit and still couldn't get open. Tried a torch on them and still couldn't get them open. I'm even using a precision screw driver and all it did was just making the little slot wider. Terrible quality control! Epic fail on a $30 product! 😡

MagnumMafia05

So these cool off pretty good that I haven't really been rotating capsules but 2 seem to not screw all the way closed since I got them. I cleaned them all with iso when I first got them with a q tip when I had trouble taking the top off to maybe clean the threads. Didn't help. Seems like it's gritty. I also did have problems with 3 at first to get the top off.

The 2 I been using work good. I have done .05, 1.2, and 1.5g in the capsules. The bud doesn't stick to them like they do the micro disc which is great. I do find it tedious to get the top back on and hope I never cross thread these. I can see people with finger/hand issues not liking these.

I haven't touched my dynavaps once since getting the capsules.. so there is that.

StringTheorista

Any consensus yet on microdosing disc? Keep it in? Take it out? I saw at least a couple posts asking if that caused too big a gap/movement/rattle.

So bummed mine still say 1/3 delivery. Jealous of all you folks that got them. 17 day wait is super lame.
Liking it better with the disc out (even tho capsule lid seems designed to go over the disc), feels like airflow is better with disc removed

SkyBucket

So these cool off pretty good that I haven't really been rotating capsules but 2 seem to not screw all the way closed since I got them. I cleaned them all with iso when I first got them with a q tip when I had trouble taking the top off to maybe clean the threads. Didn't help. Seems like it's gritty. I also did have problems with 3 at first to get the top off.

The 2 I been using work good. I have done .05, 1.2, and 1.5g in the capsules. The bud doesn't stick to them like they do the micro disc which is great. I do find it tedious to get the top back on and hope I never cross thread these. I can see people with finger/hand issues not liking these.

I haven't touched my dynavaps once since getting the capsules.. so there is that.
So which amount worked best in the capsules? Better full or light or pretty good both ways?

SkyBucket,

RAG

i think more like 2 weeks ago. and stranger still the airvape IG accound advertised EU store dosing caps on monday's story. but they either ran out in under 4h or more likely there was a mixup. the ALP is out of stock as well for a while now.
hopefully next week ...
Oh crap. Really hope I didnt miss the release.. my GF would kill me since the ALP has become ger daily driver. Been updating the page for dosing caps in the eu store every day since Gary wrote. Been constantly out of stock. Now wondering if I need to clear my cache on the browser.. :goon: crossing my fingers it was just a mixup.

Bazinga

I received my capsules today. 2 out of the 6 won't open. Tried heating in the unit and still couldn't get open. Tried a torch on them and still couldn't get them open. I'm even using a precision screw driver and all it did was just making the little slot wider. Terrible quality control! Epic fail on a $30 product! 😡
I'm having the same issue. Mine arrived today.

I was able to open only one of them. I also used a precision screw driver that perfectly fit the slot. At first none would open. Then I employed pliers to hold the bottom of the capsule as I attempted to unscrew the top. As I mentioned, only one opened. On one of the capsules the slot turned into a round hole from trying to screwdrive it open and is now unusable (top still attached). Another capsule flew out of the pliers and is lost under the work table. Under these circumstances I find the capsules useless.

Before I contact support, does anyone have a method to open these things.

Deano

I was able to open only one of them. I also used a precision screw driver that perfectly fit the slot. At first none would open. Then I employed pliers to hold the bottom of the capsule as I attempted to unscrew the top. As I mentioned, only one opened. On one of the capsules the slot turned into a round hole from trying to screwdrive it open and is now unusable (top still attached). Another capsule flew out of the pliers and is lost under the work table. Under these circumstances I find the capsules useless.

I must've gotten lucky because all 6 of mine came right off. I used the tool inside the vape without a problem.

Deano,
Reactions: Okla68

Spin0620

Yes I was using a needle nose pliers to hold the bottom. One of the ones that didn't open turned into almost a round hole. Didn't wanna do that to the other one that didn't open 🤷

Spin0620,

Gonzo_

The included stir tool in the ALP seems to work the best for opening the capsules. I had one that the lid was very tight, so I switched the lid with another capsule and it worked much better (on both capsules).

BTW - In case anyone was wondering, the capsule is 16mm (about 0.62 inches) wide so should fit some of the portable pill cases that are available. I ordered a couple different ones to see how they will work...will post more about that after I test them tomorrow.

Gary-Airvape

Manufacturer
Hi all,

EU Capsules are stuck at customs, and we can't get them out due to the holiday... I take the blame, but not much I can do right now.
We are continuing to upgrade our product, making a proper capsule case, a new loading tool, and some hard cases to carry your ALP and capsules.

Dev. team meeting is scheduled for the 3rd of Jan. Please send me a DM with your input for improving our products.

Thanks for all the support and understanding this year, Me and the Airvape Team wish you a happy new year!

Best,
Gary

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am so happy right now. A carrying case, a capsule case....wow. Anyway, the capsules are rocking my world. So convenient! I am away from home and these capsule preloads are a life saver. They are easy for me to open and load. I wait a few to reload. Just pop it out. I do not use a tool. I just wait a few. It makes the ALP the most portable unit I own and the best tasting hands down for me. Thank you Gary...you are the bombdiggity! Happy New Year indeed!!!!!!!!! Stay safe and healthy...and happy.

Okla68

Hi all,

EU Capsules are stuck at customs, and we can't get them out due to the holiday... I take the blame, but not much I can do right now.
We are continuing to upgrade our product, making a proper capsule case, a new loading tool, and some hard cases to carry your ALP and capsules.

Dev. team meeting is scheduled for the 3rd of Jan. Please send me a DM with your input for improving our products.

Thanks for all the support and understanding this year, Me and the Airvape Team wish you a happy new year!

Best,
Gary
Thanks Gary ! 4 years ago when I purchased my 1st Vape, an Apollo AirVape X did I have any idea that Apollo would Still be Top Shelf amongst all the wannabes out there. I knew I had hit on something special when I got to deal with your Customer Service dept because of a problem I created. At 73+ years old, Ill honestly say that Apollo's CS is the Best I have ever dealt with, Period !
And Thx for the Personal touch it brings from having an Apollo Rep as a member of this forum.

Hi all,

Best,
Gary
Love the ALP. The caps, not so much. There may not be much to be done at this point because they're already past the design and even production stage, but now that I've had a chance to use the caps more I'm disappointed with them and that comes down to two main issues:
  1. The caps restrict the capacity of the ALP by much more than it seems like they need to. The caps are recessed so much that they fit in the chamber even with the micro-dosing disc unscrewed *all the way* -- that means you're fitting, at most, the smallest microdose into each cap. For me this negates the main advantage the ALP has over my other vape.
  2. The threading on the caps seems much worse than the kind of snap-on connection I'm used to with other caps. The threading is tiny and super finnicky. With only limited use I'm already fed up with how futzy they are. You can't simply drop the top on and start to turn. Somehow more than half the time it wants to cross-thread. It has to be perfect. It's actually awful for medical patients or anyone with limited dexterity and sub-superhuman patience.
Not sure what I'm going to do about this but for now I just can't really use the ALP on-the-go, which is about 90% of my vaping, personally.

Okla68

Well, after much anticipation, I finally received a notification that the lil gold jewels were on a truck out for delivery some time today. Im soo looking forward with baited breath as to the threading difficulties of these golden jewels. Ive been 100% lucky(blessed) that Everything I have ever acquired from Apollo has been EXACTLY as described and functions properly. Hopefully my luck will continue.
Im glad it is a mailbox size parcel as there has been a plague of Porch Pirates stalking our beautiful city. Some of these crooks are brazenly bold, looking right into the camera lens of porch cams.
I guess thats what happens when crooks hardly get their hand slapped and are immediately released back into the Piggly Wiggly of packages being left on people's front porch for anyone to take ! Some people have turned to replacing the real packages with Surprise packages of their dogs droppings ! "Get ya some of that" mf'er !

Okla68,
Reactions: Dr. G

Deano

Love the ALP. The caps, not so much. There may not be much to be done at this point because they're already past the design and even production stage, but now that I've had a chance to use the caps more I'm disappointed with them and that comes down to two main issues:
  1. The caps restrict the capacity of the ALP by much more than it seems like they need to. The caps are recessed so much that they fit in the chamber even with the micro-dosing disc unscrewed *all the way* -- that means you're fitting, at most, the smallest microdose into each cap. For me this negates the main advantage the ALP has over my other vape.
  2. The threading on the caps seems much worse than the kind of snap-on connection I'm used to with other caps. The threading is tiny and super finnicky. With only limited use I'm already fed up with how futzy they are. You can't simply drop the top on and start to turn. Somehow more than half the time it wants to cross-thread. It has to be perfect. It's actually awful for medical patients or anyone with limited dexterity and sub-superhuman patience.
Not sure what I'm going to do about this but for now I just can't really use the ALP on-the-go, which is about 90% of my vaping, personally.
I totally agree!

It's like too much effort was put into aesthetics and fancying it up, that they lost sight of functionality.

Simple pop on caps would've been so much better. Sometimes less is more.

TheK

I totally agree!

It's like too much effort was put into aesthetics and fancying it up, that they lost sight of functionality.

Simple pop on caps would've been so much better. Sometimes less is more.
I agree on this very much. With how design is these days and with the rise of UX simplicity... the UX on the capsules with the treads sounds like a lot of extra steps. I know I don't have the caps yet, but I am very curious what was the design process for the following:

1. Size of the caps, it was mentioned here that the capsules will still fit even if the microdosing disc was unscrewed all the way. I don't remember seeing how much herb the caps hold each. If it's not included, it should be.
2. Why the threads? Pop caps are more intuitive and easy to use instead of taking seconds to fiddle to unscrew it.

I am not entirely sure my opinion holds weight, but just giving my 2 cents on the matter.

Spin0620

I agree on this very much. With how design is these days and with the rise of UX simplicity... the UX on the capsules with the treads sounds like a lot of extra steps. I know I don't have the caps yet, but I am very curious what was the design process for the following:

1. Size of the caps, it was mentioned here that the capsules will still fit even if the microdosing disc was unscrewed all the way. I don't remember seeing how much herb the caps hold each. If it's not included, it should be.
2. Why the threads? Pop caps are more intuitive and easy to use instead of taking seconds to fiddle to unscrew it.

I am not entirely sure my opinion holds weight, but just giving my 2 cents on the matter.
And the threads can easily be stripped. Pop offs would be the way to go.

Agreed. I can get past the reduced capacity, but the threads are the worst idea ever. Pop on/compression caps work on every other device I've tried. Already bent the tool opening caps on day 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom