AirVape Legacy Pro

Dr. G

Old Resident
@Gary-Airvape due to being borderline unusable on the go (despite being a great performing portable), even with the unseemly but effective screen hack, i think at least 1 capsule should be included in the retail package of the ALP. perhaps in the upcoming new color version, thank you!
GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I just wanted to add that they are also creating a case for the ALP...it should have perhaps a small hanging tube on the zipper to carry the pods....(I am stealing the idea from my recently received Storz and Bickell cases for the Mighty and Crafty. The cases absolutely rock the house by the way. They have the tube dangling. Friggen amazing.) Just wanted to send the wishes out to the ALP GODS...please.

kapows

@Gary-Airvape due to being borderline unusable on the go (despite being a great performing portable), even with the unseemly but effective screen hack, i think at least 1 capsule should be included in the retail package of the ALP. perhaps in the upcoming new color version, thank you!
May i ask why you feel its not usable on the go?

Here is how i use it currently.

On amazon there are these keychain tube capsule things like below:

Zngou 6 PCS Aluminum Pill Box, Metal Waterproof Daily Keychain Pill Box Pocket Small Pill Case Container Pill Box Keyring Portable Pill Holder Bottle With Snuff Spoon Carabiner For Outdoors Traveling https://amzn.eu/d/4ZHsMan

It takes a little amount of muscle memory but eventually youll be able to pour just about the right amount out of it and into the bowl.

I carry around what i believe are 16mm screens, which have a very snug fit over the bowl. This screen does not come off when the lid is opened.

I use the pik tool to lift the screen (if you create/cut the tiniest wedge off the edge of your screen, it will make it easier to lift) however this wedge occurs itself after using the pik tool anyway.

I use an old hardcase for sunglasses which perfectly fit all my stuff if i wanted, but i generally carry everything including my jar of herb, in a smell proof manbag that straps around my shoulder and has plenty of room for a water bottle, avlp, herb jar and other stuff.

Im not gonna lie, its a pain in the butt loading unloading the avlp.

Unloading aint too bad, jus make sure the bowl is hot and quickly turn over the avlp...the avb will fall out v easily.

This can be done with avb thats been sat in there overnight too!

The loading is the headache really especially when wanting to be stealthy about it.

If you have winds etc it becomes even more painful.

Dont forget to carry a few iso wipes! I use the medical 70% wipes for my avlp and my TM and theyre cheap and great for all cleanup jobs :)

Last edited:

StringTheorista

I agree with this 100%. Similar to how the POTV One comes with one capsule. So you can see how great they are, then you buy the multipack

“Im not gonna lie, its a pain in the butt loading unloading the avlp.”
I think this is the answer to your question. If there’s any breeze, or you don’t have a surface to rest things on, reloading out and about is not simple. It’s doable, and we all do what we need to do. 😉
Whereas, just popping out a spent capsule and popping in a new one would be fast, easy, and discreet (just gotta remember to let the cap cool before you dump it into your hand lol)

Last edited:

SecretRasta

I just wanted to drop in here to say that I've had my new ALP unit for two days after a wonderfully-discounted black friday sale purchase and I've found it an absolute pleasure to use. The unit feels well-made and solid in the hand, the lid hinge is tight and the seal quite strong without the use of easily-unglued rubber gaskets. I've vaped more than a half-dozen bowls through the device and haven't had any real issues with loading or unloading; I honestly have not found it to be any more onerous or messy than most other portable vapes (with the exception of the dynavap, obviously). The vapor quality is truly top-shelf: I've been step-up temp blowing Wedding Cake and a bit of old-school Golden Goat starting at 363 f and have been absolutely loving the terp tongue and flavor changes that emerge as I move up the temperature scale. The ALP is a pleasure to hold and to use.

There is another issue in addition to the quality of the build and its vapor delivery that I care about when considering new devices: the presence of proprietary components that will require replacement, including batteries. The ALP has a few different rubber seals and screens, which do cost it just a bit in my eyes, but it mitigates that with an included set of replacement screens and seals, and the screen hacks explored in this forum provide a fine DIY replacement when needed or desired. Just don't lose those small silicone seals right next to the bowl!

I get the complaints about the loading and unloading of the ALP, but I will not be using this vape while sprinting over concrete during hurricane-level winds either, so none of that is a concern for me at all. I do not use dosing capsules and I most likely won't even replace the airpath screen unless I lose the ones included in the box.

The ALP is being discussed as a "Mighty Killer", and I think the term is valid as comparison of value if not of market share. I've become pretty disappointed with S&B since they were swallowed by Canopy, and I was reluctant to upgrade my old, well-used Mighty with an unreadable screen and easily-drained battery for the "+" edition because I was fairly sure that the changes they made to the device were not worth the additional $100 added to the retail price. I read several reviews of the ALP as well as some of the posts here, and when I saw the black friday sale, it was a done deal. Here is my quick comparison between the two: the ALP feels better in the hand than the Mighty; both produce excellent vapor (but I give a slight edge to the ALP here, no joke); the Mighty is slightly easier to load and unload; both are about equally easy to clean; both come with small proprietary seals and gaskets that can be easily lost or broken and must be replaced; the ALP has a removable, rechargeable 18650 lithium-ion battery, replacements/backups for which can be purchased from a number of sources. The battery is a fairly big issue for me because I feel that I could keep using my old Mighty with success if it kept a charge for more than an hour or two -- the nonworking lcd screen issue sucks too but isn't quite the same level of imposition for me. The fact that the end of the working life of the battery is the end of the working life of the device is something I find really frustrating about the Mighty. That won't be an issue with the ALP. Here is another big difference: the warranty currently offered by S&B is two years for the Mighty and three years for the Mighty +: the warranty on the ALP is for the life of the device, with the exception of the battery. To me, that speaks of the confidence that the manufacturer has in the quality of their product.

The ALP will make a nice companion to my CH B1 & 3-foot glass recycler: the CH B1 for power hits that clear a bowl in one big inhale; the ALP for sessions of terpene-rich, temp-stepped flavor.

In summary, the ALP is a well-made portable vape that produces tasty, fluffy clouds with little user effort. It is a solid value at its regular retail price and an absolute steal on sale. I recommend it highly for both intermediary and advanced cannabis users.

greenpager

I feel like you answered your own question
Ikr?!? This 💯 , ditto and amen. @kapows , you were joking? If not, tell me you've never understood capsules without telling me you've never understood capsules know that you just articulated better than I could why my device has been shelved for weeks.

So glad to know the capsules are forthcoming and nursing faint hopes that the release won't remind me of those times I tried (unsuccessfully) to score a Firewood#.

kapows

I feel like you answered your own question
Hey not sure what you mean lolll

The method ive put up is not bad in practice. Give it a go if struggling

@greenpager give the method a go atleast no point knocking it till you tried it cos currently youve benched urs so its a wasted on you.

Or just complain about it either way 😅

kapows,

Flow

@kapows and @StringTheorista
“Im not gonna lie, its a pain in the butt loading unloading the avlp.”
I think this is the answer to your question. If there’s any breeze, or you don’t have a surface to rest things on, reloading out and about is not simple. It’s doable, and we all do what we need to do. 😉
Whereas, just popping out a spent capsule and popping in a new one would be fast, easy, and discreet (just gotta remember to let the cap cool before you dump it into your hand lol)

As i read this topic, and as "some others and i" said before, what about WHOLE NUGS for "on the go - outdoor - salvage - hurricane" reloading ?
Works flawlessly and EFFORTLESSLY for me with a screen on top of the bowl !
And of course, it's not messy at all !
Just dump your AVB as the bowl is warm, it's way easyer and cleaner...

When i'm inside a house, i use a small folded cardboard to load the device, but when i'm outside i do go for a whole nug from my stash directly in the bowl and boom !

kapows

@kapows and @StringTheorista

As i read this topic, and as "some others and i" said before, what about WHOLE NUGS for "on the go - outdoor - salvage - hurricane" reloading ?
Works flawlessly and EFFORTLESSLY for me with a screen on top of the bowl !
And of course, it's not messy at all !
Just dump your AVB as the bowl is warm, it's way easyer and cleaner...

When i'm inside a house, i use a small folded cardboard to load the device, but when i'm outside i do go for a whole nug from my stash directly in the bowl and boom !
Ive never tried a whole nug as i always feel it wont cook the inner trichomes but im all for giving it a go!

I will be trying this out next :)

A filling method i use sometimes when im relaxed is - i purchased a couple of mini silicone funnels off amazon and just snipped the bottom off

They sit snuggly on top of bowl and if i over pour, i just pinch it and lift up the excess in the funnel.

The funnel collapses too and i bet someone with a tinkering mind could glue the collapsable funnel over the rim and enjoy that way!

Herr is what i mean

pengxiaomei 2 pcs Collapsible Funnel, Silicone Gel Foldable Hopper for Home Kitchen https://amzn.eu/d/58Tdvnh

I jus cut off the bits i dont need and viola!

mauool

just a short question if I should consider contacting the support, and specially for which of them 🤷‍♀️

My First tried alp has a slightly rotating chamber bottom looks really perfect about malformation and is cause of in deep use lightly red golden colored

Sound quite normal

My other device which I’ve got has some significant malformed chamber bottom, isn’t rotating at all but has a much lower throughput if I get a hit quick, after using this alp for a few days I think I recognize some strange sound like if metal is changing temperature and I think the chamber is still malforming the more I use even if it’s nice normal golden

Sound a bit faulty hmm?

Has anyone had something like that before?

Just had them for around a week now but definitely wish what I should do, also because of them both working nearly like a charm, but are concerned about some problems in the near future

mauool,

Pukka

I made stem milk with the glass tube. Low earth orbit arrived.
Grab a Starbuck's Frapachino the next time you're in the QuickMart. It makes a perfect double boiler/stem milk milk holder when you put it in a saucepan of boiling water. Add your stem and milk/half & half/heavy cream and just let it bubble away ...

Pukka,
Reactions: kapows

StringTheorista

I kinda wish dosing caps would be offered in 2 packs, so you could buy 2 or 4 or 8, and not be locked into half dozen at a time. I’ll never need to use 6 (but I suppose I’ll have extras in case I lose some). Just something to consider going forward, to let people easily buy just how many they need.

That said, I’m ready to buy 6 as soon as they drop

tanksndudes

This cheap case works fine: (Bundle: C - 158x71x41) https://aliexpi.com/iLPx

IMG-4933.jpg

Also I've found that coarse grind works better:
IMG-4934.jpg
What screen is that, and how do you have it mounted to the adjustable gold piece?

tanksndudes,

thoughtloop

This might be kind of a silly question, but does outside air temp mess with vaping? Did a bowl earlier at a relaxing 350F, but outside air was in the 30's. Had a good seal on the mouthpiece, but the vapor coming through the LP was surprisingly cold. I'm not sure how the oven and vapor path interact, so is it better to run higher temps in the oven when you're vaping in a cold environment?

Also, what shovel/spoon are you using with your BCD, Pepeluis?

thoughtloop,
Top Bottom