• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AirVape Legacy Pro

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I just tried dynavap amount in the ALP as yous mentioned it. . Filled the dynavap, emptied it in the ALP, put the screen on top with the adjuster thing screwed out.

Got 3 or 4 decent rips on-demand. Flavour was gone after the 2nd. Even the second was a bit meh and that was at 180c.

But it works which is cool
You feel that DV extract better for the amount or you feel the same effects? Just out of curiosity for fun

PutOneInTheAir,
Reactions: Flow

Pepeluis33

IMG-4827.jpg

Honestly at first I wasn't liking the device very much, it was just getting wispy clouds, the flavor went away pretty fast, a very peculiar toasted flavor came out very quickly and ABV wasn't too even. Until I've figured out the BIG mistake I was doing: I was pressing herb too much!
So the most important thing is: don't tamp herb in the chamber! just drop it, distribute a bit but leave it fluffy. Do not use the concentrate pad as chamber reducer. Turn it on at max temp (240ºC) and enjoy. You can either deep inhale for a single extraction hit or do some smaller but still pleasant hits. Works with any amount and integrated cooling system works like a charm even at max temp.
Now I just get pleasant and flavorful hits during all the session, and the toasted flavor is completely gone. Day and night difference.
As depicted (BCG medium plate grind), the ABV of these 2 sessions with different amounts is pretty even and very dark at max temp
I don't find the loading system too messy at home (although I haven't tried it outdoors yet – can't wait for the caps!), I fill it with a tiny scoop then I cover the oven with suggested S&B screen (I use the coarse one) and all keeps pretty clean of AVB particles.
The golden finish keeps oven very clean, is always shiny which is nice.
I'm not a big fan of the fabric and leather finishes, we will see how they stand the test of time, but it feels pretty comfortable in the hand, difficult to slip out.
About sesh and on-demand, as with the V3 pro, I don't like to keep pressing a button so many seconds and normally I finish any load in a single session, so I just use session mode all the time. Autonomy is not a problem because of removable cells, which are pretty comfortable to replace thanks to a ribbon, but you need some nails to open the lids, so don't bite all of them! BTW Molicel P26A works like a charm as stock cell does.
As a bonus, my wife has severe jaw problems and she found the thin mouthpiece to be the most comfortable of all.

Last edited:

bobothevaper

For loading take a small plastic measuring spoon and drill a hole through it. Boom. You have a funnel.

Proof:
Post in thread 'AirVape Legacy Pro'
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/airvape-legacy-pro.52465/post-1683413

is there any way to stop the movement timer? it turns off after 1 minute stopped and its pissing me off when taking bong hits, I have to keep changing the temperature to not turn off
Session mode goes up to 10 mins. Read the manual. Its like five pages with pics and little text.

bigheaded1

I've had mine 3 months now, and using it almost every day I've had zero problems with it. I definitely don't clean it as often as I should, but it doesn't seem to affect it. Sometimes I still get sessions with weaker clouds than others where I gotta pull harder to get there. But I'm sure that's just me not paying attention to how much I mill up and add.

Maybe I'll go order a .00g scale and weight and keep track of amounts so I can find the sweet spot. I know there have been nights when the hits and clouds were like something from a dream. I want to be able to duplicate that every night.

vandalizedbythelotus

is the flexing/movement on the hinge/door, bottom and USB slot normal?
3rd cell in, after multiple burnoffs and a couple of (surprisingly hard hitting) bowls, i think the plastic aroma is barely noticeable (max temp).
and covering the bottom air intake and testing airflow restriction reveals the airpath is not that well isolated on my unit, certainly not sealed, is that normal?

edit: well i opened up the other one and the wobbly door hinge, flexing bottom, plastic stank and lack of airpath isolation are there also, i guess it's "normal"...
tbh, the only thing really bothering me is the plastic hint at max temp, hopefully it dissipates soon, that and the potential safety concern of not having well isolated airpath.

and found a tiny gold flake on the silicone near the disk in the other one, def needs a wipe out the box, since burnoff woudn't work for metal particles..
a bit of update on this:

after fully cleaning and carefully inspecting both of them, i concluded only the 1st one i opened has some issues:
robot farting lingered for a long time, too much play in the hinge also makes the door a bit difficult to open/close sometimes, loose mouthpiece, slightly crooked USB, sightly crooked battery door, leaky airpath, light bleed and flexing on the bottom/back.

all those things combined made for a poor 1st impression.
however, assuming the hot plastic aroma on max temp completely goes away, none of those really affect performance so i think i'll find a way to live with it.
the 2nd one is exactly as others described. had i opened them in reverse order instead, i believe my 1st impression would have been very different. this one goes to a friend.

having said all that, i think heater performance, bowl design and integrated cooling are stellar. there's more to like than dislike by a huge margin, overall and with the coming capsules it's probably one of the best portables atm.
but there's fierce competition in this segment with more to come so i think it's a good idea to voice feedback, for future versions to be even better.

Last edited:

bobothevaper

lol I know, I read the manual too when I got it. But this has nothing to do with my problem. My session mode is set to 5 minutes, but after just 1 minute without movement the device turns off for "safety" reasons, thats what I'm trying to turn off
Ah fair. I don’t think that’s possible unfortunately.

bobothevaper,

vandalizedbythelotus

i just had a vision of a future airvape legacy pro:

the vape path was moved in the (removable) door/cover and consequently the resulting unit was much more compact (narrow) with a fully removable vape path. :love: the top got hotter but some sort of vegan fabric saved it.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: davesmith

Complexity

I know some of you have been saying the messiness isn't too big of an issue, and it isn't. Only issue is whenever you take it out and about and need to discreetly dump out the AVB and load it afterwards.
So, that's why I cannot wait for these capsules!! It will make it so much easier when I'm out and about doing my gig job in my car.
Take maybe 3-4 capsules with me and discreetly pop them in and out without even having to handle the flower. Right now as it is, I take ground up flower in a small black container to fill it as needed.

Pepeluis33

I've had mine 3 months now, and using it almost every day I've had zero problems with it. I definitely don't clean it as often as I should, but it doesn't seem to affect it. Sometimes I still get sessions with weaker clouds than others where I gotta pull harder to get there. But I'm sure that's just me not paying attention to how much I mill up and add.

Maybe I'll go order a .00g scale and weight and keep track of amounts so I can find the sweet spot. I know there have been nights when the hits and clouds were like something from a dream. I want to be able to duplicate that every night.
I'm getting very consistent results with this amount: 0.08g. As said, I just pour the herb in the chamber and I don't press it at all, then I put the S&B screen or cap lid and close. I start at 220ºC then I finish at 240º in a small but pleasant 2 min session. Just did the first sesh of the day and I'm very high, I think is quite efficient.

IMG-4882.jpg

IMG-4884.jpg

Dr. G

Old Resident
I know some of you have been saying the messiness isn't too big of an issue, and it isn't. Only issue is whenever you take it out and about and need to discreetly dump out the AVB and load it afterwards.
So, that's why I cannot wait for these capsules!! It will make it so much easier when I'm out and about doing my gig job in my car.
Take maybe 3-4 capsules with me and discreetly pop them in and out without even having to handle the flower. Right now as it is, I take ground up flower in a small black container to fill it as needed.
This I agree with 100%...because cleaning a thing that is a size of a dime compared to the rest of my life messiness it is certainly laughable....BUTTTTTTTTTT!!!! What you said about loading outside of the house. It is impossible to be discreet. I agree. Having the capsules would solve that issue. I am wondering why this style of vape like the Firefly always get like this. What happens under the roof there? A party? Like the weed starts flying everywhere because its happy and having a little party under the roof...? Then, you open it right away and everyone is still but, ALL OVER THE PLACE! Anyway, I love my vape. Cleaning its diaper is what I associate it with.

Bazinga

While I wait for the ALP dosing caps to drop, and not being a huge fan of the mighty screen hack, I tried something else last night that worked great: just the top cap of an S&B capsule, placed over the bowl. It sort of fits down into the bowl and worked quite well
Tried this last night. Worked well. Will be using this method until the ALP dosing capsules are available.

Thanks for the tip !!

ld

Also waiting patiently to pre-load and travel. I recently picked up a Roffu and decided to get the capsules with sleeve and I took 4-extras with me today, clean and easy in transit. I hope the estimates of arrival are accurate.

I have had the ALP for about a month now and feel like I can give some honed feedback.

I bought the ALP with intent of it filling the role of a beater vape to compliment or take the place of a FW7.

First and foremost I would like to say that I would love to see a tear down of the unit and identification of materials and solder points...nothing wrong with peace of mind.

Pros:
1. Great Tasting Vapor
2. Very Large Chamber
3. Natively Cool (use at 435f)
4. Battery Life
5. Feel of Construction
6. Removable Battery
7. Convection Operation

Cons:
1. Extremely Messy- I despise dosing capsules and this is the first vape I am considering using them.
2. The oval screen next to the chamber becomes clogged quickly and anecdotally the device works better without it and the screen hack mentioned previously in the thread.
3. Orientation of Operation- the mouthpiece reduces the amount of usable positions with native use. A round stem option would fix this.

Narrative Notes:
I use the device in on demand at 435f
At the amount I paid (~$140) I really think this was a steal. It feels great in the hands and has survived multiple drops. The thermometer of my unit is very accurate, and comes to temp quickly. I use a lot of heavier hitters so I wanted something that I could rail and not have to sip on or pull forever. This thing can generate great vapor in little time, and with such a large bowl it lasts me multiple large hits. A full bowl I can get about 5 good hits from. The first is very terpy with good visible vapor. The second draw is the best with a great balance of vapor and flavor. Subsequent hits are all a roasted flavor but great vapor.

Not bad. Would buy again if at the right price mark.
Sorry for being lazy but I tried searching the thread but couldn’t easily find it. What is this “screen hack” with the oval screen next to the chamber? That screen getting clogged after just a few bowls is indeed getting annoying.

Willy McChilly,

SkyBucket

Sorry for being lazy but I tried searching the thread but couldn’t easily find it. What is this “screen hack” with the oval screen next to the chamber? That screen getting clogged after just a few bowls is indeed getting annoying.
Pop it out. Just lose it totally. Instead top your filled bowls with a round screen from a S&B Mighty.

SkyBucket

Ahh I see. Easy enough, I've already taken out the microdosing disk and top my bowls with a screen anyway. Thanks!
Oh ok. The tweak posted here involved keeping the disc and extending it at least halfway out to sort of hold/press the round screen in place. I literally lost my oval screen and this is better. Great hits. Less mess. Clogs less frequently.

Oh ok. The tweak posted here involved keeping the disc and extending it at least halfway out to sort of hold/press the round screen in place. I literally lost my oval screen and this is better. Great hits. Less mess. Clogs less frequently.
Thanks for the tips! I'll pop out that oval screen, screw the microdosing disk back in and give that a try tonight after work.

Okla68

Remove the lil Oval screen and cover the bowl with a 15.mm screen.

Okla68,
Reactions: Dr. G
Top Bottom